Wemember me?
Can you beat Jimmy

Omaha, NE

#3 Jul 9, 2009
Remember the bag lady!!
goat

United States

#4 Jul 9, 2009
how bout the bicycle man, lived over on mrytle?
(dogs ate him after he died )!!!!!
just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#5 Jul 9, 2009
Wee Woy was a one of a kind very good at pool though
just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#6 Jul 9, 2009
Remember the mission pool hall,or johnnys hamburger, or the whiz burger,or the old scatting rink on south 10th,remember the A&W on west main or Kellys drive in on north park.O now i remember its lunch time see ya.
just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#7 Jul 9, 2009
Sorry about the spelling I meant skating rink on south 10th,the drive in theater on west main.
Can you beat Jimmy

Omaha, NE

#8 Jul 9, 2009
Remember little Polly's on Park St.
just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#9 Jul 9, 2009
What was the name of the little drive in on north park where the apartments are now,they had trampolines behind it for the kids to jump on.
Reader

United States

#10 Jul 9, 2009
And shops downtown.......Penney's, Gansel's, Mode-O'-Day, Value Dress Shop, Woolworth's, and out on Main.....TG&Y (you could park in their parking lot and watch the drive-in movie for free!), and K-Mart. Used to be a grocery store where AutoZone is now.
folks

Coffeyville, KS

#11 Jul 9, 2009
how about mr quick. and snack shop at the state lake swimming hole
outathere

Oronogo, MO

#12 Jul 9, 2009
Remember when we swam at the State Lake and heard Captain and Tenile(sp) on the speakers all day...
Almighty Homeboy

Farmington, NH

#13 Jul 9, 2009
Reader wrote:
And shops downtown.......Penney's, Gansel's, Mode-O'-Day, Value Dress Shop, Woolworth's, and out on Main.....TG&Y (you could park in their parking lot and watch the drive-in movie for free!), and K-Mart. Used to be a grocery store where AutoZone is now.
heck we used to drive in the exit. they had an employee sitting there to stop you, all you had to do was give him a beer and they would let you in for free.
mr mooncrackerz

United States

#14 Jul 9, 2009
Does anyone remember when Boomer picked up Randall Romans IN HIS DESK and threw him out into the hall?
mr mooncrackerz

United States

#15 Jul 9, 2009
....desk and all. roflmao
john doe

Independence, KS

#16 Jul 9, 2009
Rememeber "T-Box" ?
Used to be where the liquer store is now, on 10th street?
Andy Taylor

Bartlesville, OK

#17 Jul 9, 2009
just a friend wrote:
Remember the mission pool hall,or johnnys hamburger, or the whiz burger,or the old scatting rink on south 10th,remember the A&W on west main or Kellys drive in on north park.O now i remember its lunch time see ya.
Johnny's was the best. Small eatery. Packed at lunch. You could watch him make your hamburger. Started off with a ball of ground beef in the shape of a ping pong ball. He would smash it on the grill until it was flat as a pancake. He would also dab a napkin with a bit of grease and rub it on top of the bun to give it a shiny glaze. It was great. In fact, I know of inmates in the old county jail who would crave the smell of Johnny's hamburgers since it was only a half block away.
young granny

Chanute, KS

#18 Jul 9, 2009
just a friend wrote:
What was the name of the little drive in on north park where the apartments are now,they had trampolines behind it for the kids to jump on.
Parkway Drive in, had the BEST curly Q's. My first job!!! Soooo much fun!!!
I Voted No

United States

#19 Jul 9, 2009
I remember when you could get hamburgers at Mr. Quick for a quarter. And I went to Mcdonalds tonight and got an angus burger {But Man they are good} For 3.99......
WESTSIDE

Pass Christian, MS

#20 Jul 10, 2009
goat wrote:
how bout the bicycle man, lived over on mrytle?
(dogs ate him after he died )!!!!!
He lived on maple street

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racism workshop 3 hr Jayjay 14
Subway 4 hr ghost town coming 2
Dairy Queen 16 hr crusher 12
city burning up $1000/day 22 hr Hmmm 21
City Commission Meeting Wed Frankie 19
ICC thread GONE AGAIN Wed really 29
ICC Board Meeting Tue MissusT 42

Independence Jobs

Personal Finance

Independence Mortgages