david haney

Idlewild, MI

#101 Dec 11, 2010
i work at matcor in michigan ionia plant where times are tuff but we have surved because of our managment we have not seen as payraise in 7 years but we are still; working lol
But Really

Independence, KS

#102 Dec 12, 2010
still working wrote:
I would like to know if any of the other plants have gotten any raises. we at Indy have not but it would be nice.
we hear that the big wigs are to be here in Jan.
hope they come with a check book in hand we could all use more money, times are hard.
From what I have heard you should be happy just to be working there. Didn't Matcor have a lay-off a couple months ago because of contract issues? Times are tough all around man there are guys I know would be happy just to have their jobs back! But good luck anyway!
whatever_28

Independence, KS

#103 Dec 12, 2010
Matcor has not changed a bit you over paid idiots not doing anything while the simple guy does all the work on the floor. You know a real manager or lead will step in to show how its done,you lead by example. If you so called leads and managers get off your lazy ass and work side by side with these people you will get there respect and get better results. Maybe pretend to care.
indy person

Independence, KS

#104 Aug 27, 2011
I am looking for work, can someone tell how Matcor is to work for?
mister nice guy

Ingleside, TX

#105 Aug 27, 2011
if you need work, then work. you'll find out soon enough what they're like to work for.

Since: Aug 11

Parsons, KS

#106 Aug 29, 2011
My husband works at Matcor. They are having a hard time holding on to good help it seems. Many people where hired on at the same time as him and there are very few people left now. They could use some good help big time so the work-load is better balanced out.

Parsons, KS

#107 Aug 29, 2011
@indy person: they aren't bad to work for. It just gets really hot in the warehouse. IDK how your work mentality is. That is basically what it all depends on. My husband likes it there and makes good money. He has only been there 2 months so far.

Parsons, KS

#108 Aug 29, 2011
need work wrote:
I don't think matcor ever reached the number of employees it told the city it was going to employee. But I could be wrong.
They did but the employees just dropped like flies.
MATCOR fan

Saint Louis, MO

#109 Aug 30, 2011
Thumbs up to MATCOR,my fiance was hired out there and he is able to get lots of overtime and the money and benefits are great.
whistlebritches

Stockton, KS

#110 Aug 30, 2011
My son was at the job fair and he wasn't offered a job by Matcor. He has a very good work record, worked 21 yrs. for the same company, until it closed.
little johnny

Syracuse, NY

#111 Jan 28, 2012
Well matcor has burden us for about 3 years now. Sometimes its better sometimes not. Glad to have job, but sometimes its hard to put up with stupidty.
do know

United States

#112 Jan 29, 2012
There is a lot of different things that go on out at matcor that should not be allowed. It doesn't get reported, and employees never get in trouble for it. At other companies in this area employees lose their jobs for these things that have happened at matcor, but no not at matcor everything just gets overlooked. Most of all with the employees that work in the office area. If corporate found out there would be some new employees here!
fyi

Schaumburg, IL

#113 Apr 3, 2012
Just to start I appreciate having a job at all with this economy. That being said here's what its like at Matcor in Morton Il. We are buisy beyond capacity and that brought on Mandatory Saturday's.......... The people running this place have no idea how it works and they turn around and ask you for unrealistic production numbers. To sum it up they don't treat their people very well. I would never recommend a Job with Matcor to anyone. If you have a problem to ask them they have an unofficial slogan...."we will look into that" most of the time they don't or wait 2 months to care. We can't handle the work load and yet they throw more on. They bought out Morton metalcraft in 09 and its been crappy ever since. I hope this helps someone make a good decision.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#114 Apr 4, 2012
fyi wrote:
Just to start I appreciate having a job at all with this economy. That being said here's what its like at Matcor in Morton Il. We are buisy beyond capacity and that brought on Mandatory Saturday's.......... The people running this place have no idea how it works and they turn around and ask you for unrealistic production numbers. To sum it up they don't treat their people very well. I would never recommend a Job with Matcor to anyone. If you have a problem to ask them they have an unofficial slogan...."we will look into that" most of the time they don't or wait 2 months to care. We can't handle the work load and yet they throw more on. They bought out Morton metalcraft in 09 and its been crappy ever since. I hope this helps someone make a good decision.
I think what I am getting out of the above is you are glad to have a job but you don't appreciate the company you are working for. Otherwise, why would you be on Topix warning people about Matcor? A lot of places are going the same route, in a few years you won't even know this is the USA.
give details

Independence, KS

#115 Apr 8, 2012
do know wrote:
There is a lot of different things that go on out at matcor that should not be allowed. It doesn't get reported, and employees never get in trouble for it. At other companies in this area employees lose their jobs for these things that have happened at matcor, but no not at matcor everything just gets overlooked. Most of all with the employees that work in the office area. If corporate found out there would be some new employees here!
I know people that work at Matcor, and have always heard about things going on out there. Give some more information, we would all love to hear!!! I have heard that the majority of the people that work in the front office are hated by the other employees, and have heard that there are things going on out there that are overlooked because of who they are.
Powers that be

Aransas Pass, TX

#116 Apr 8, 2012
fyi wrote:
Nice post. We'll be keeping an eye on you now.
Wish I had your job

United States

#117 Apr 8, 2012
fyi wrote:
Just let me get this straight. You are complaining that you have to work hard. Too bad. I guess that the slogan make hay while the sun shines does not come from around here. Just in case you do not understand you should be thankful that you can work extra days and make more money. Whats the matter does it cut into your beer swilling time? You should you get on your knees and thank God that you have a job to support your family and not be here complaining like a baby.
I heard hmmmm

Chicago, IL

#118 Jun 22, 2012
I heard that they brought in some new management from out of town to try to line things out. I wonder if that is helping or if the guys they brought in are just struting there stuff like they know what is going on and sleeping with everyone? Hmmmmmmm
Emporian

Wichita, KS

#119 Jun 22, 2012
I get to talk to them this Tuesday about a job. It looks like they pay better than Hackney, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what they start you out at for Welders? I guess I'll ask when I get there.
JayWade

Thomasville, NC

#120 Jan 31, 2013
Supposed to go in for a weld test next wednesday at the welcome plant. How much do they start welders out at?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sign on North Penn RR Tressell 10 hr Wait, what? 21
President Pence's VP appointment 20 hr Monica 11
Last Post Wins (Mar '12) Thu Princess Hey 609
Agenda for 05 25 2017 commission meeting. Wed ghost town coming 3
Gee, lets have a discussion about the proposed ... Tue Fail 65
Montgomery County employment continues nose dive May 23 ghost town coming 6
HUGE Thief (Mar '13) May 22 toni 74

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance