One that does care

United States

#81 Jan 9, 2010
desuhu wrote:
Guys, I figured out a long time ago, that you have to be a real a**hole to be a supervisor or head of a company. I've never really known anyone that makes the really big bucks that cares one thing about the little people (those actually doing all the work for the company) at the bottom. All they care about is their salaries and perks and they're willing to do anything to keep their positions. You know the old saying "nice guys finish last?" It's the truth!
Not all of us are a**holes!! I am a top manager for a local company who has had to make drastic cuts in the last few months. Do not think for one minute that these decisions are easy. I have had many sleepless nights worrying about the good employees I have had to let go. I have taken money out of my own pocket to help a few with utility bills, Christmas for their kids and gas vouchers. I have written 45 personal letters of reference for many of them. If it was possible to keep all of these people employed without turning a profit then I would have done it, but lets face it, a business is there to turn a profit not a loss.
joe

United States

#82 Jan 11, 2010
some are some not, the place is picking up.
brad

Lexington, NC

#83 Jan 11, 2010
Missing Home wrote:
We do work for Deere, Cat, Griffin, Kubota. We make and powder coat fuel and hydro tanks and generator covers,and a few other parts
I once worked for morton metalcraft, i heard that the new ownership was in, and that they were hiring. is that true to your knowledge? And if so, who would i need to contact? When i was hired before, they told me that i had to go thru a temp service, but i actually came up to the office and put in an application on site and took the test and got hired on directly. i would greatly appreciatte it if you could assist me with this information it you will. if u may, u may contact me at [email protected]

once again, thank you!
joe

United States

#84 Jan 11, 2010
down in welcome? possible, alot of new work is headed there way. hope you get a job. i dont know how this new matcor is going to be to work for. they havent shown us anything to trust them. we still have same people in our organazation that bankrupt us. and we are still doing the same thing. i relize it takes time to change things. they didnt have any problem taking away everything we had. which wasnt much. but still.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#85 Jan 11, 2010
To "One that does care", bully for you! But, in my experience with the corporate world, they alway let the good guys go, and keep the ones who brown nose and don't do anything.

Since: Feb 09

South Texas

#86 Jan 11, 2010
desuhu wrote:
To "One that does care", bully for you! But, in my experience with the corporate world, they alway let the good guys go, and keep the ones who brown nose and don't do anything.
A good manager will always look out for the company's interests first...that is what the company hired him for...and that would include letting the brownnosers go before the good help...Any manager worth his salt will be able to spot someone who is a brownnoser and see it for what it is really is...a good manager will want to keep the best, most productive help so that it makes his department look good.

Unfortunately, there are always some managers that like a few yes men around and will ignore good common sense and management practice.

I see nothing wrong with a manager being concerned in hard times with the lives of people he or she has had to lay off and even helping out where he or she can if he is so inclined; however, just because Joe is about to have his car repo'd shouldn't mean that he should feel obligated to keep him on the payroll if Joe is a non-productive employee and lay off Jim who is a good solid producer with no financial problems...there is a limit to what can be done socially by a manager and still do the job that the company hired him or her for. If someone calls the good manager that is doing what he is supposed to an a$$hole, then there are probably other problems involved. If you checked into it you would probably find that the employee calling the manager and a$$hole is, more often than not, a person who feels like the world owes them a living and one who will do just enough to get by.

Just my thoughts...

Since: Jan 10

Wichita, KS

#87 Jan 11, 2010
i used to work there i got paid $11.00 an hour working third shift
joe

United States

#88 Jan 13, 2010
so does any other matcor companies sit down and have lunch with 8 employes once a month at a roundtable lunchen. or just illinios plant.

Since: Jan 10

United States

#89 Jan 14, 2010
theyd did it here too. crappy meals
joe

United States

#90 Jan 15, 2010
we are still waiting on a rule book. dont know how to play the game without rules. dont know if we are winning or the company is winning. dont ask the h r dept. they dont know.
Dawg

Greensboro, NC

#91 Feb 5, 2010
Joe, I heard a big wig from Canada visited the welcome plant and was not happy with what he saw. rumor has it that things are gonna change around there. I wonder if supervision will be held accountable this time. Time will tell.
joe

Morton, IL

#92 Apr 18, 2010
hey dawg, things did change down in welcome. things are still screwed up. if it wasnt for the morton plant, that place would sink. if manangement would quit there pollitical bull crap. and just run there plant. we have the same problem in morton. new company ,same people running it that bankrupt us.then they get big bonuses for a great job they did.
Jed

United States

#93 Apr 21, 2010
i heard the welcome plant is hiring big time and I was planning to apply? do they have sustainable business to support that level of hiring ? how is the new plant GM?
matcor soldier

Chanute, KS

#94 Apr 23, 2010
i work the at matcor and its not bad the long days suck but pay is good if u take what we make and u figure the insurance we dont pay into the mix it is well ubove average for area i was laid off for over a year but held in there and im back and for the guy from "welcome" the tank skibs suck "p&o" u know what im talking about O and if u see mr ED cole aka "jimmy neutron" we say from kansas keep looking forward because we dont want u back lol
whatever_28

Independence, KS

#95 Apr 23, 2010
I worked at matcor many years ago its a tough job thank god they hung around to give people jobs.
Tired

Raleigh, NC

#96 Jun 11, 2010
I have been working at the welcome plant for over a decade. I am very thankfull to have a job ,and we are reminded of this all time. When matcor first took over then owner and the president of the comp. came and talked to us and they where super nice to us .Now things are very diff. The pres of the comp.was there today and he is not so nice now..The sups and lead people really catch hell.and are there jobs are on the line...We have over 500 past due jobs and we are to blame because they bit off more than they can chew..and we have so many folks walking around with there clip board, not doing any work ,making good money ,trying to figure how to do things..its no wonder we can't get a profit..for goodness sacks man grab some work gloves and give us a hand!
too tired

Jamestown, NC

#97 Jun 17, 2010
wat is the take on the new engineers...many of them are young and inexperienced but they seem to be trying their level best.....
Matcor Mutt

Westfield, NC

#98 Jun 27, 2010
Missing Home wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the company? They just bought the plant I work for in North Carolina and I was wondering how they treat there employees, any info will be great, Thanks
If you need money... They got work.They dont mind paying you overtime... actually its MANDATORY. Great job for a single person, or someone with a HIGHMAINTENANCE fiancee, that dont care if you ever are home or offf!
Indy Welder

Aransas Pass, TX

#99 Sep 16, 2010
Tired wrote:
I have been working at the welcome plant for over a decade. I am very thankfull to have a job ,and we are reminded of this all time. When matcor first took over then owner and the president of the comp. came and talked to us and they where super nice to us .Now things are very diff. The pres of the comp.was there today and he is not so nice now..The sups and lead people really catch hell.and are there jobs are on the line...We have over 500 past due jobs and we are to blame because they bit off more than they can chew..and we have so many folks walking around with there clip board, not doing any work ,making good money ,trying to figure how to do things..its no wonder we can't get a profit..for goodness sacks man grab some work gloves and give us a hand!
Don't feel to bad we deal with the same thing at the indy plant here in kansas all these people walking around our shop with out a speck of dirt on them while we sweat to death 10 to 12 hours a day but i do love my job and the money aint bad just hate the lazy people that judge us
still working

United States

#100 Dec 11, 2010
I would like to know if any of the other plants have gotten any raises. we at Indy have not but it would be nice.
we hear that the big wigs are to be here in Jan.
hope they come with a check book in hand we could all use more money, times are hard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thoughts on women who breast feed using it as a... 2 hr Hater 5
doctor doctor give me the news 5 hr cherryvale resident 8
Clinton VP: A Kansas City Man 6 hr Kansas Democrat 1
How did this city employee get hired 8 hr just thinking 8
Greedy, Greedy St. John 9 hr ghost town coming 30
Dentist in Montgomery County GOOD ONES 14 hr ghost town coming 7
219 Days Until Sorry Obama Gone 17 hr nutso 37

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance