Terry Clark ......Secret agent.....Ce...

Terry Clark ......Secret agent.....Cessna mole...

Posted in the Independence Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Old Goat

Cedar Vale, KS

#1 Nov 8, 2010
Terry Clark brought eveyone in to a all hands meeting today.He had to eat his word several times due to being caught in his lies.He did not even have the balls to stand up and answer any ones questions...This man is a weak leader and a puppet for someone in Wichita who wants to see Cessna Independence close its doors and move eveything back there or mexico...
fffffel

United States

#2 Nov 8, 2010
Old Goat wrote:
Terry Clark brought eveyone in to a all hands meeting today.He had to eat his word several times due to being caught in his lies.He did not even have the balls to stand up and answer any ones questions...This man is a weak leader and a puppet for someone in Wichita who wants to see Cessna Independence close its doors and move eveything back there or mexico...
Quit crying.
Fry cook now

Columbia, MO

#3 Nov 8, 2010
Old Goat wrote:
Terry Clark brought eveyone in to a all hands meeting today.He had to eat his word several times due to being caught in his lies.He did not even have the balls to stand up and answer any ones questions...This man is a weak leader and a puppet for someone in Wichita who wants to see Cessna Independence close its doors and move eveything back there or mexico...
MY GOD YOUR DELLUSIONAL.....IT'S CALLED THE ECONOMY "DILLWEED" !!! GET A GRIP,AND BUCK UP, YOU WHINNY LITTLE TWIT.HERE COMES REALITY,THE DOORS ARE CLOSING SOON.Mcdonald's is hiring.. LMAO start looking...
Duke

Independence, KS

#4 Nov 8, 2010
Was not in that room, but for what I know of Clark and Cessna, as some else said, THE ECONOMY you DIMWIT!!!
Dick

United States

#5 Nov 8, 2010
When the economy recovers and Cessna's order books are full again there will be more work than Cessna Indy can handle.

It's high time that the work force in Independence realize that the aircraft industry is a cyclical industry. When the economy is in good shape and people are buying airplanes, then eveyone is busy. On the other hand, if the economy is in the crapper, so is the aircraft industry.

Wichita, as a town that has several aircraft munufacturers and many sub-contractors and suppliers, has known this fact for years and dealt with it.
Homer Simpson

Independence, KS

#6 Nov 8, 2010
Yea, what Dick said!!!
I ditto that!!!
2nd the liar

Chanute, KS

#7 Nov 9, 2010
I don't know what happened at Cessna, but I've had dealings with him and he is sneaky and deceitful. And he is such a coward having others do his dirty work. No balls is dead on balls acurate.
Dave

Mount Hope, KS

#8 Nov 9, 2010
Was anyone else listening when Monte Goins asked about the benefits of being trained on both SE and Mustang? Terry could not answer anything just fumbled around like an idiot. He is sneaky and covering something up.
Old Goat

Cedar Vale, KS

#10 Nov 9, 2010
Clark made the statement that they didn't transfer anyone from single engine to mustang to save there jobs in 2008.That was straight up LIE !!! Then he tried to throw the new HR lady under the bus. The man is not fit to serve as general manager. Thats why they brought in Rod Holter when the Mustang started because he is an ineffective leader.They gave Clark a new title and a hole in the wall office back in the paint shop where he couldn't screw anything up...Why would the big bosses in Wichita put a failure back in a top managment position unless..........They want Indepenece to fail .
Cycle this

United States

#11 Nov 10, 2010
Dick wrote:
When the economy recovers and Cessna's order books are full again there will be more work than Cessna Indy can handle.
It's high time that the work force in Independence realize that the aircraft industry is a cyclical industry. When the economy is in good shape and people are buying airplanes, then eveyone is busy. On the other hand, if the economy is in the crapper, so is the aircraft industry.
Wichita, as a town that has several aircraft munufacturers and many sub-contractors and suppliers, has known this fact for years and dealt with it.
Okay, Dick, it's absolutely true the aircraft industry is cyclical in nature. It is also true, however, that Cessna has been behind the curve on both sides of the cycle throughout its history. When SE was at Strother Field, they would swing plus or minus 50 percent of their workforce at a time, when Boeing and (then) Learjet were varying no more than 30 percent. Why is this? Could it be the proclivity of Cessna management to allow marketing to drive production with no regard to the realities of what actually is?
For instance: Apparently nobody in the upper echelons gave any thought to what impact the mortgage meltdown in 2008 would have on future sales. Not even when Textron's own finance arm was seeing a gross deterioration in loan quality that year. Cessna simply kept running "balls to the wall" and was even still hiring at that point. Marketing was claiming sales that even Helen Keller could see would never be culminated (a fact admitted by Cessna management to the stock analysts who actually run the company), and yet the aircraft were booked. From individuals whose credit worthiness was dubious (at best) to fractional companies that couldn't ever garner a C rating from ratings companies that were lax (at best), Cessna was booking phantom planes, and they knew it. By booking those planes, however, the company continued to drive Textron's stock price and that vaunted shareholder value into 2009, when the chickens started coming home to roost.
Wichita deals with it the same way we do, they suck it up. However, since neither we at Cessna Indy, nor the people in Wichita, are willing to work for $90 a week, our jobs are heading to Mexico, just as quickly as Donnelly and Co. can move them there. What I have to wonder is, who is going to drive this consumer-based economy of ours once all the manufacturing jobs have moved to Mexico, China, Indonesia and India?
Repeat after me: Welcome to McDonald's, may I help you?
Red Head

Wichita, KS

#12 Dec 15, 2010
Is Cessna really closing or are we just guessing ?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#13 Dec 15, 2010
We won't know for sure until it happens.
mindless drivel detector

Wimberley, TX

#14 Dec 15, 2010
Cycle this wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Dick, it's absolutely true the aircraft industry is cyclical in nature. It is also true, however, that Cessna has been behind the curve on both sides of the cycle throughout its history. When SE was at Strother Field, they would swing plus or minus 50 percent of their workforce at a time, when Boeing and (then) Learjet were varying no more than 30 percent. Why is this? Could it be the proclivity of Cessna management to allow marketing to drive production with no regard to the realities of what actually is?
For instance: Apparently nobody in the upper echelons gave any thought to what impact the mortgage meltdown in 2008 would have on future sales. Not even when Textron's own finance arm was seeing a gross deterioration in loan quality that year. Cessna simply kept running "balls to the wall" and was even still hiring at that point. Marketing was claiming sales that even Helen Keller could see would never be culminated (a fact admitted by Cessna management to the stock analysts who actually run the company), and yet the aircraft were booked. From individuals whose credit worthiness was dubious (at best) to fractional companies that couldn't ever garner a C rating from ratings companies that were lax (at best), Cessna was booking phantom planes, and they knew it. By booking those planes, however, the company continued to drive Textron's stock price and that vaunted shareholder value into 2009, when the chickens started coming home to roost.
Wichita deals with it the same way we do, they suck it up. However, since neither we at Cessna Indy, nor the people in Wichita, are willing to work for $90 a week, our jobs are heading to Mexico, just as quickly as Donnelly and Co. can move them there. What I have to wonder is, who is going to drive this consumer-based economy of ours once all the manufacturing jobs have moved to Mexico, China, Indonesia and India?
Repeat after me: Welcome to McDonald's, may I help you?
I just stumbled on to this thread by accident, and know absolutely nothing about the dealings at Cessna. That said, I am really impressed with the knoledge about the situation that you apparently possess.
mindless drivel detector

Wimberley, TX

#15 Dec 15, 2010
knowledge
givemeabreak

United States

#16 Dec 15, 2010
All I have to say is if Cessna ever closed Independence would become a ghost town. This effects so many industries in the area and it would be devastating. Way too many people would be put out of work, so I'm hoping that it never happens.
Woe

Hewitt, TX

#17 Dec 16, 2010
There are already way to may people out of work.
Ifonly

Parsons, KS

#18 Dec 16, 2010
Sure would be nice to have that Wal-Mart distribution center here now, wouldn't it! But, oh, when they were going to select Indy, the powers that be at the time said to much truck traffic! Sure could use those 500 or so jobs at $14-16 an hour now, huh? Idiots!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#19 Dec 16, 2010
The Wal-Mart distribution decision was Wal-Marts. The longest taxes can be abated in KS is 10 yrs & I think it's much longer in OK maybe as much as 20 yrs, also they get a significant hourly tax credit for hiring Native Americans, also Wal-Mart didn't like the idea of the loads going south having to cross the railroad tracks on 75 highway (the ones south of O'Malleys) & the state couldn't afford to put in an overpass for them. The city of Indy spent good money to secure the land & did preliminary environmental studies on the site.We tried HARD! We came in # 2 ahead of allot of bigger towns but in the end they went for the best deal. It didn't have a damn thing to do with ANYONE or Government blowing them off. That's the trouble with half the comments on here they don't know the question much less the answer ( I didn't say opinions, we are all allowed them) If you don't like sh-t get off your ass & run for county or city office or any of the many boards or housing or planning commisions etc. Of course it could take time, money & commitment & might even cost you friends or customers if you make a hard decision that's best for the area as a whole instead of a few select people!
Will

Independence, KS

#20 Dec 19, 2010
CURLYYY1 wrote:
The Wal-Mart distribution decision was Wal-Marts. The longest taxes can be abated in KS is 10 yrs & I think it's much longer in OK maybe as much as 20 yrs, also they get a significant hourly tax credit for hiring Native Americans, also Wal-Mart didn't like the idea of the loads going south having to cross the railroad tracks on 75 highway (the ones south of O'Malleys) & the state couldn't afford to put in an overpass for them. The city of Indy spent good money to secure the land & did preliminary environmental studies on the site.We tried HARD! We came in # 2 ahead of allot of bigger towns but in the end they went for the best deal. It didn't have a damn thing to do with ANYONE or Government blowing them off. That's the trouble with half the comments on here they don't know the question much less the answer ( I didn't say opinions, we are all allowed them) If you don't like sh-t get off your ass & run for county or city office or any of the many boards or housing or planning commisions etc. Of course it could take time, money & commitment & might even cost you friends or customers if you make a hard decision that's best for the area as a whole instead of a few select people!
Bravo, CURLYYY1!!! Well said.
Jay d

Coffeyville, KS

#21 Dec 31, 2010
I'll believe what I believe. anyone can come on here and say what they want and be anonymous. Could be some one in the local government saying it was Wal Mart's decision. Of course it was their call on where they put that center. But after living here for a while one thing I've learned, the upper class people in this area will only look out for themselves, period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fire Department 21 min Tired 56
Mountain Park Boarding School (Oct '12) 4 hr Stutchie99 51
Removal of Stop Signs at Penn and Maple 10 hr Stfu 10
Business after Hours at Apricot Lane 16 hr Melania 17
Indy Pile of Crap Reporter (Oct '15) 16 hr reader 247
$1 million ladder truck unbudgeted purchase pr... 18 hr so true 27
No Solutions for the Feb 22 Commission Meeting 20 hr ghost town coming 16

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Independence Mortgages