Filling a swimming pool.
Water

Independence, KS

#1 May 29, 2012
Is there anyone who hauls water to fill a swimming pool? Was told that the fire department does not do it anymore.
brian

Independence, KS

#2 May 30, 2012
just stick the hose in it....it takes 4 days to fill mine!
Kant feel Pietzsche

Wichita, KS

#3 May 30, 2012
If that's a joke about someone getting caught receiving special treatment, bravo.

If you're serious, check with the water department. They have a metered connection that goes on a fire hydrant, and some old fire hose. I believe you pay for the water, but not the sewer charge, which is the bulk of your water bill.
brian

Chanute, KS

#4 May 30, 2012
sewer charges are averaged for the year using nov. dec. jan. and feb. water bills. that way you don't get charged sewer usage for pools or watering your lawn and gardens.

and there was no ill will intended from my post. my pool is 25,000 gallons.
Kant feel Pietzsche

Wichita, KS

#5 May 30, 2012
I did not know that. I have a neighbor who had a separate meter put on his underground sprinkler system, because it doesn't incur sewer charges, just the water usage.

But seriously, check with the water dept if you have a hydrant reasonably close to your house. It takes forever to fill with a garden hose.
Water

Independence, KS

#6 May 30, 2012
Thank you for your advice. Will check with the water department tomorrow.
Summertime

Aransas Pass, TX

#7 May 31, 2012
brian wrote:
just stick the hose in it....it takes 4 days to fill mine!
Mine is more than 25,000 & only takes 2 days. I must have great water pressure...
Brag Ger

Independence, KS

#8 May 31, 2012
O yea well mine is 50,000 gallons and takes 1 day
Woe

Hewitt, TX

#9 May 31, 2012
Mine is 100,000 gallons and takes 1/2 a day to fill.
Let the parents coach

Saint Paul, MN

#10 May 31, 2012
Sounds like the loud mouth parent that works at the BOE finally got her wish. Along with the principal and the few softball parents that didn't feel like their daughters played enough. Sad day when parents can dictate who coaches at the high school level. Let some of the complainers coach. I'm willing to bet they'll have the same complaints about playing time and who plays what position.......what a joke!
no comment

United States

#11 May 31, 2012
Let the parents coach wrote:
Sounds like the loud mouth parent that works at the BOE finally got her wish. Along with the principal and the few softball parents that didn't feel like their daughters played enough. Sad day when parents can dictate who coaches at the high school level. Let some of the complainers coach. I'm willing to bet they'll have the same complaints about playing time and who plays what position.......what a joke!
This is a thread about pools- what does that have to do with pools- start your own thread---
Need help

United States

#12 May 31, 2012
Let the parents coach wrote:
are you out of your mind? What does your post have to do with pools?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How did this city employee get hired 7 min Heather 21
Naming your Baby (Oct '11) 18 min Cinnamon Bun. 19
Schmitt VS Peck 29 min hmm 2
Thoughts on women who breast feed using it as a... 1 hr cherryvale resident 6
doctor doctor give me the news 1 hr cherryvale resident 13
7/20 Reporter From the Mayor Column 8 hr Patton 6
Clinton VP: A Kansas City Man 17 hr Lickity split 5

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance