Who will you vote for Independence Co...

Who will you vote for Independence Commission in April?

Created by Indy Truth on Feb 26, 2013

131 votes

Click on an option to vote

Ned Stichman

Leonhard Caflisch

Fred Meier

Phillip Chappuie

Im Voting

Aransas Pass, TX

#1 Feb 27, 2013
I'm Voting for both Ned Stichman and Leonhard Caflisch in April. It is extremely important for anyone that wants to see positive changes in the direction of our community to vote for both of them together, otherwise either of the others, Meier or Chappuie will side with Derril which is what Micky needs to survive. Great job in the primary, now lets get this finished in the general in April.
question

Aransas Pass, TX

#2 Feb 27, 2013
Im Voting wrote:
I'm Voting for both Ned Stichman and Leonhard Caflisch in April. It is extremely important for anyone that wants to see positive changes in the direction of our community to vote for both of them together, otherwise either of the others, Meier or Chappuie will side with Derril which is what Micky needs to survive. Great job in the primary, now lets get this finished in the general in April.
can only vote for one in april.have worries about meier but chappuie would side with micky.
Im Voting

Aransas Pass, TX

#3 Feb 27, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text>
can only vote for one in april.have worries about meier but chappuie would side with micky.
Because there are 2 seats up for election, you will have the choice of voting for 2 or fewer in April.
question

Aransas Pass, TX

#4 Feb 27, 2013
Im Voting wrote:
<quoted text>Because there are 2 seats up for election, you will have the choice of voting for 2 or fewer in April.
thanks for the info.wont have to make choice.
got water

Ingleside, TX

#5 Feb 28, 2013
Im Voting wrote:
Boneheads always screw this up every time they vote for one of two that will change for the good then turn around and vote for a turd on the other.

Since: May 12

Independence, Ks

#6 Mar 1, 2013
got water wrote:
<quoted text>Boneheads always screw this up every time they vote for one of two that will change for the good then turn around and vote for a turd on the other.
That is why people need to pay attention this time so that does not happen. If everyone reminds their friends and neighbors to register and vote, it is quite possible real positive change could happen for Independence this time.
Waiting to Vote

Ingleside, TX

#7 Mar 1, 2013
Indy Truth wrote:
<quoted text>That is why people need to pay attention this time so that does not happen. If everyone reminds their friends and neighbors to register and vote, it is quite possible real positive change could happen for Independence this time.
I cannot wait to vote and elect both Caflisch and Stichman as the new commissioners. It is with high hopes they have discussed the changes they intend to make in city hall and that they have a new city manager that they both agree will make the department head changes and eliminate usless positions that only add to the city debt. Other than the city manager and his assistant, none of the current staff necessarily need terminated and could be reassigned to other duties. Meier will not do it, Chappuie wont do it, they are both proven to be unable to stand up make changes from their past performances Meier with USD 446 and Chappuie as a failed past city commissioner that was voted out of office. Stichman and Caflisch both have what it takes to listen to what the residents are saying and desire, and I believe will bend over backwards to get our city government back on the track to success.
Bring It On

Ingleside, TX

#8 Mar 2, 2013
Waiting to Vote wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot wait to vote and elect both Caflisch and Stichman as the new commissioners. It is with high hopes they have discussed the changes they intend to make in city hall and that they have a new city manager that they both agree will make the department head changes and eliminate usless positions that only add to the city debt. Other than the city manager and his assistant, none of the current staff necessarily need terminated and could be reassigned to other duties. Meier will not do it, Chappuie wont do it, they are both proven to be unable to stand up make changes from their past performances Meier with USD 446 and Chappuie as a failed past city commissioner that was voted out of office. Stichman and Caflisch both have what it takes to listen to what the residents are saying and desire, and I believe will bend over backwards to get our city government back on the track to success.
Bring it on! Show these dictators we have had enough of the commie rule! We can no longer afford this bunch of spend happy bulls in a china shop morans!
Watchful eye

Ingleside, TX

#9 Mar 2, 2013
Keep a watchful eye on those that are currently in office, watch them closely, they no doubt see the writing on the wall and are desperate to do whatever it takes to throw up as many roadblocks for the incoming commissioners. Underhanded and secret deals are their specialty. When the new commission is seated, Chubb is another one that needs to go.
Hey Look at ME

Ingleside, TX

#10 Mar 4, 2013
I see that Kelly has created another of her powerpoint type creations to show everybody all of the brillint accomplishments her Dave, Micky, and Barb have done on the City website. Funny they spend hours bragging on their accomplishments but never have any time or desire to answer questions from the public in a Commission meeting, They only want us to see their take on Independence, and never want to answer our questions publically. We need to get out in force to elect leaders that will change this practice of non-transparancy in our City government.
What a joke

Aransas Pass, TX

#11 Mar 4, 2013
The only time that bunch gets their a**es in gears is when they're called on something. Topix and that Miller woman get on them about making a plan to get things done and they throw together something that's no where near a plan. Topix and that Miller woman get on them about road resurfacing and they start making plans for resurfacing the streets and telling people to call them. Micky's the boss and he's getting paid for doing nothing.Maybe that Miller woman should be made city manager and the Topix posters be her advisors. They brag about not raising the mill levy but forget to metion they raised our sales taxes. They also don't brag about not answering our questions and spending our money like a bunch of drunks.When will they wake up and smell the coffee?We know who they are, what they're all about, and how they're always behind even though we're paying them to stay ahead.Putting all that crap on their website only makes it worse.We need to elect men that will have all the powers'noses reamed so they can smell the coffee.

They brag about
What a joke

Aransas Pass, TX

#12 Mar 4, 2013
Got an idea.Miller writes an article saying Webb and Kelly need to go.Webb and Kelly read the article and quit since they're used to doing what she says after she says it.They're gone and everyones happy.
Hah

Aransas Pass, TX

#13 Mar 4, 2013
Hey Look at ME wrote:
I see that Kelly has created another of her powerpoint type creations to show everybody all of the brillint accomplishments her Dave, Micky, and Barb have done on the City website. Funny they spend hours bragging on their accomplishments but never have any time or desire to answer questions from the public in a Commission meeting, They only want us to see their take on Independence, and never want to answer our questions publically. We need to get out in force to elect leaders that will change this practice of non-transparancy in our City government.
There was ad in the paper telling people to register to vote.Since Micky and friends copy everything someone says in the paper why haven't they put something on their website telling everyone to register to vote or telling them they could register at city hall(or will they do that after they read this)?
bridge

Ingleside, TX

#15 Mar 22, 2013
Ned and Leonhard!
ginja

Wichita, KS

#16 Mar 22, 2013
bridge wrote:
Ned and Leonhard!
cheers to that, bridge! indy needs those two!
Indy resident

United States

#17 Mar 23, 2013
Leonhard and Ned have my vote definitely
Vote

Wichita, KS

#18 Mar 23, 2013
I agree
Smeared

Ingleside, TX

#19 Mar 27, 2013
Due to the smear campaign against Ned, the ststus quo are crapping themselves in fear of losing control of their jobs, that enough tells me that Ned and Leonhard are the right choice.
Indy Voter

Ingleside, TX

#20 Mar 27, 2013
If you want the head of the snake cut off or change at the top, Ned and Leonhard are the two most likely to do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louis Ysusi Meet & Greet Tuesday 42 min Hooray for brains 24
Cherryvale/Thayer School District 447 plans new... 54 min Eight 8
SEK Pride fest to be held in Independence Sept... 1 hr Revolution Calling 57
new china buffet 4 hr Frank crebase 5
I want to get to know Shawn or Sean @ 301 anyon... (Jan '12) 16 hr Evil within 7
Is Trump a Russian plant? (Dec '16) Fri tired GOP 45
Continued big spending dominates local 2018 bud... Thu Carl 41

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Independence Mortgages