Affairs in Work Place
Beaner

Coffeyville, KS

#21 Oct 19, 2012
thing is wrote:
Here is the the deal though...when u have an affair at work and your using your work computer for facebook, topix, emailing, and other non-work related things along with your work cell phone to call and text the person your having the affair with. Then this should become the companies problem, but instead it is overlooked. Sometimes because of who the person is and sometimes because the company has no values anymore.
While what you say is true, there is an other reason why many do not do anything about this perceived problem. We are a litigious society and even if you are truthful in what you say there are those that will sue you to the point of ruination and beyond rather than admit they did what you said. Not many want to risk that and even the companies themselves are at risk from this threat. Just another view of this.
Ronald

Coffeyville, KS

#22 Oct 19, 2012
McMolly wrote:
Never dip your pen in the company ink.
Best rule to live by
Or the company mustard or catsup.
yeah but

United States

#23 Oct 19, 2012
Another one wrote:
Matcor
If you work in the front office at Matcor, break up two families, use company computers and a company cell phone for the affair to happen that is completely ok. I'm sure if it was anyone else that did the same thing would lose their job. Just saying.

I think at Matcor the main management would be amazed if they ever actually checked their employees computers. Like their emails, facebook, other non-job related things they are doing that is extremely inappropriate.
who done it and why

Independence, KS

#24 Oct 20, 2012
I have witnessed two people carrying on and Management did nothing about it because these two people were key people in the workforce. Both were good at their jobs and managment felt they would be hard to replace. (True Story)
ssshhhhh

Independence, KS

#25 Oct 21, 2012
Unless it directly effects me, I couldn't care less who is doing who or where.

This forum is typical Independence, all worked up over what everyone else does, but most likely have no control of your own life. Most on topix don't even have jobs so what would they know about affairs in a workplace??
Right

Wichita, KS

#26 Oct 21, 2012
Then keep your stupid a-- off topix. ssshhhhhhhhhhhh it doesn't effect you.
Right

Wichita, KS

#27 Oct 21, 2012
By the way, most of us do work and you would be surprised who is on here.
Obama

Chanute, KS

#28 Oct 21, 2012
yep. im here too... Nuthin better to do at the moment. gotta get to know the little people...
Mitt

Coffeyville, KS

#29 Oct 21, 2012
Obama wrote:
yep. im here too... Nuthin better to do at the moment. gotta get to know the little people...
Once again, you've stolen my tactics.
WOW

Chanute, KS

#30 Oct 21, 2012
Sounds like just another CPR!
Mojos

Ingleside, TX

#31 Oct 21, 2012
Ive heard the owner of mojos in neodesha sleeps with all of his employees!
MakesUWonder

Fairview, OK

#32 Oct 21, 2012
If you have time to worry and gossip about who's doing who at work then that tells me you probably aren't doing your job you were hired for. You all come out here and say this and that (whether true or not), yet none of you have the balls to actually go to the people involved and talk to them about it.
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

#33 Oct 21, 2012
Sick of it wrote:
It is crazy how many affairs go on inside the work places here in Indy. It is also crazy that nothing is ever done to these people that have the affairs and break up families by the businesses.
Just a sign of the imes,most people are only concerned about themselves,often at the expense of others.Don't ever put anything past anyone.
GWM

Coffeyville, KS

#34 Oct 21, 2012
Mojos wrote:
Ive heard the owner of mojos in neodesha sleeps with all of his employees!
Does he have any current job openings?
ouch

United States

#35 Oct 23, 2012
ssshhhhh wrote:
Unless it directly effects me, I couldn't care less who is doing who or where.
This forum is typical Independence, all worked up over what everyone else does, but most likely have no control of your own life. Most on topix don't even have jobs so what would they know about affairs in a workplace??
hey sssshhhh i have your mom bent over right now. yuck changed my mind
work4sex

Chanute, KS

#36 Oct 24, 2012
Love them... They make the day go by quicker.:)
question

United States

#37 Oct 25, 2012
who done it and why wrote:
I have witnessed two people carrying on and Management did nothing about it because these two people were key people in the workforce. Both were good at their jobs and managment felt they would be hard to replace.(True Story)
Did they use any work computers or cell phones for their affair? Did they break up families? Did it interfere with their job? This is what the employers should be asking. It doesn't matter if they think they might be hard to replace or not.
Hate seeing it

Kansas City, MO

#38 Oct 26, 2012
Sick of it wrote:
It is crazy how many affairs go on inside the work places here in Indy. It is also crazy that nothing is ever done to these people that have the affairs and break up families by the businesses.
I teach at a middle school and the janitor (who has a lovely wife that teaches at the highschool) is having a fling with one of the teacher's aides...they are blatant about it, they are constantly together, eat lunch together take their breaks in the janitor closet. Everyone is talking about it, it just makes me sick. Because I like them or did...they have been seen at the local winery and other places outside of school. I doubt his wife has a clue since she is in a different building but he is making a fool out of her. The aides husband is in the military in afganistan...he is a good guy too!(how sad is that?) To each his own, but if they want to be together at least have some respect for others and get divorced first! This janitor has worked for the school for a long time and has always professed his christianity which makes everyone shake their heads and think REALLY?
Hate seeing it

Kansas City, MO

#39 Oct 26, 2012
MakesUWonder wrote:
If you have time to worry and gossip about who's doing who at work then that tells me you probably aren't doing your job you were hired for. You all come out here and say this and that (whether true or not), yet none of you have the balls to actually go to the people involved and talk to them about it.
When it is "in your face" it is hard to ignore...I get what you are saying tho, do you suggest someone confront these people? I have thought about just letting the two I work with know that people are talking and then just think no mind my own business...I guess it bothers me so much because I really like his wife and hate that he is doing her wrong and I think will regret his actions.
Doctor advice

United States

#40 Oct 26, 2012
Went to the doctor the other day. Bad news. Really bad news. He told me I absolutely had to get my affairs in order. It really hurt to dump my two girlfriends. I guess the upside is that my wife seems to appreciate seeing me at home. At least until I find a more reasonable doctor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kansas Department of Labor December Report 22 min Crusher 6
Indy Pile of Crap Reporter (Oct '15) 2 hr Fed up 204
Where is city's 2016 audit report? 4 hr ghost town coming 12
Tyson Plant 9 hr ghost town coming 23
Tony Royse's Letter to the Editor 13 hr so true 1
New Houses from Independence Housing Authority. 14 hr Fed up 35
Townsman 15 hr Make Indy Great A... 33

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Independence Mortgages