Shooting of suspect in Coffeyville ro...

Shooting of suspect in Coffeyville robbery attempt.

Posted in the Independence Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: May 12

Independence, Ks

#1 May 7, 2012
Another make my day shooting? Justified? Not? Discuss:
haha

United States

#2 May 7, 2012
WOO HOO! The ville just lost another welfare recipient! Sounds like this punk a$$ kid got what was coming to him! Hooray for the 2nd amendment!
wow reallly

Aransas Pass, TX

#3 May 7, 2012
according to the coffeyville forum, he was going to rob this old man, to feed his family!! WTF?! Are you kidding me!! how stupid!
mary magdalene

Peru, KS

#4 May 7, 2012
Mr Kennedy was a nice man who fixed my and others sewing machines through the years!
i am very sorry that he should have to have an experience like this that was forced on him by no choice of his won.
every person on this earth will die at some time or the other. the real question is where we are going to spend eternity and our choice we make on earth is everlasting once we draw our last breath.
Jesus loves us and wants us to treat others as we want others to treat us.
when that man went to the store with a pistol he did not think he would be slipping into enternity moments later.
People really need to make a choice where they want to spend eternity now as our spirits never die and the choice is our right now. Choose Jesus!
et one

Elk Falls, KS

#5 May 7, 2012
dumbshit enters store with evil intent and a gun.
dumbshit leaves store feet first on a gurney.
End of story.....who's our next contestant?

Sorry folks, the old man defended himself, did the right thing and the bad guy paid the bill in full.

Did people not learn anything from the Dalton boys?
Just Indy

United States

#6 May 7, 2012
And if you look up this guy's record on the Kansas Department of Corrections website, he just got out of prison in August 2011 and was on parole for robbery. I have no problem with what Mr. Kennedy did.
RE Wow really

Overland Park, KS

#7 May 7, 2012
Are you serious. I hope you don't go giving out your address. With that kind of naive attitude, you might be getting lots of visits from people trying to "feed their family". Wake up. I'm sure the old man was trying to do the same. I'm sure it wasn't easy for the old guy to take the young man's life, but if I were him I wouldn't be missing a minute of sleep.
et one

Elk Falls, KS

#8 May 7, 2012
Just Indy wrote:
And if you look up this guy's record on the Kansas Department of Corrections website, he just got out of prison in August 2011 and was on parole for robbery. I have no problem with what Mr. Kennedy did.
Guess that's one less to show up at the Probation Department in Independence.
et one

Elk Falls, KS

#9 May 7, 2012
RE Wow really wrote:
Are you serious. I hope you don't go giving out your address. With that kind of naive attitude, you might be getting lots of visits from people trying to "feed their family". Wake up. I'm sure the old man was trying to do the same. I'm sure it wasn't easy for the old guy to take the young man's life, but if I were him I wouldn't be missing a minute of sleep.
If you were speaking to me...no problems, bring them on. I do not ever want to spill blood again, but if necessary know how and will.

I will not retreat from an evil doer. "the only thing that evil needs to succeed is that one good man do nothing."
thinkin back

Kirksville, MO

#10 May 7, 2012
I remember some years back that happening here when Mayo's Liquor store on Laurel (now Ricks bargain barn), was going to get robbed and the same thing happened there. I was always surprised cause Mr Mayo was a pretty good sized man.
well ill

United States

#11 May 7, 2012
et one wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were speaking to me...no problems, bring them on. I do not ever want to spill blood again, but if necessary know how and will.
I will not retreat from an evil doer. "the only thing that evil needs to succeed is that one good man do nothing."
Im am totally with you on this one. we will do what we have to do and sitting around doing nothing aint going to get it.
Skittles

United States

#12 May 7, 2012
I cannot believe he shot that innocent kid. He was only going in to buy skittles. Just because he had a gun. Lethal force need not be used. LOL LOL LOL

Now if it was Wally who shot this little bastard you all would be calling for Wally s head on a stick.
et one

Elk Falls, KS

#13 May 7, 2012
Skittles wrote:
I cannot believe he shot that innocent kid. He was only going in to buy skittles. Just because he had a gun. Lethal force need not be used. LOL LOL LOL
Now if it was Wally who shot this little bastard you all would be calling for Wally s head on a stick.
Wally is not the point of this conversation; however, he is one of those who advocate the use of force if needed to defend oneself or his family.

But, you are correct, if Wally had had to fire this doofus up, the public would likely want to hang him from the flagpole at the Judicial Center.
jamal

Ingleside, TX

#14 May 7, 2012
quick!! someone get ahold of al sharpton, jesse and msnbc!!!!!!!! these white biggots have no business defending themselves against a young black men just trying to rob them at gunpoint to feed they family. this was for sure race motivated and a hate crime.
Whatever

United States

#15 May 7, 2012
Oh yal...here we go again another black calling it rasist, seems to ALWAYS happen.
Everytime a black does something wrong and gets caught, another black has to say "well he got in trouble because he was black." I would of shot the man, reguardless if he was black or white. Crime is still crime no matter your color. Just because someone is black doesnt mean they can get away with crime.
damn

Windsor, MO

#16 May 7, 2012
live by the gun - die by the gun.............
damn

Windsor, MO

#17 May 7, 2012
jamal wrote:
quick!! someone get ahold of al sharpton, jesse and msnbc!!!!!!!! these white biggots have no business defending themselves against a young black men just trying to rob them at gunpoint to feed they family. this was for sure race motivated and a hate crime.
you don't feed your family by threatening another family with a gun.....don't matter what color your skin is ! when a person points a gun at someone, they should realize it's a game changer. usually a fatal one...
Hmm

Wichita, KS

#18 May 7, 2012
Good grief, it was sarcasm! Ever heard of it?
Damn

Aransas Pass, TX

#19 May 7, 2012
Hmm wrote:
Good grief, it was sarcasm! Ever heard of it?
Sarcasm doesn't work well in this area. You usually have to dumb it down for most people around here.
no it wasnt sarcasm

Windsor, MO

#20 May 7, 2012
Hmm wrote:
Good grief, it was sarcasm! Ever heard of it?
you sounded black.... and you did a good job at it too !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
$3 million for water treatment improvements 33 min yeah 2
Appraiser 1 hr ghost town coming 15
City of Independence Job Openings 2 hr What now 7
Steering Committee Releases Recommrndation on C... 13 hr Experiance Matters 49
GOP Medicaid Cuts a Trillion Dollars in Medicai... 17 hr yeah 13
Indy Chamber of Commerce Financial Info 2 20 hr Parent 23
City Commission Meeting 06 22 2017 Sat What now 10

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Independence Mortgages