Cahill

Aransas Pass, TX

#1 Jul 6, 2012
Bought fuel in Bartlesville yesterday for $2.92 a gallon. Its going back up though! Every station in town but one was $3.09 -$3.19. Luckily I found that one!
Jipped

Independence, KS

#2 Jul 6, 2012
Be aware of the one and only gas station in Dearing. Not only is there gas $3.49 a gallon, but they also charge a fee for using a debitt/credit card. This fee not posted on there 1960 gas pumps, it is posted in there window of the building and on the counter inside. Just some more greed from the owners who sell gasoline in Montgomery County.
Jipped

Independence, KS

#3 Jul 6, 2012
People here need to recruit Quik Trip from Oklahoma to come into this area. They would be far more competative and force the other gas retailers to lower there prices. We do have a larger tax on fuel than Oklahoma but it would narrow the price difference substancially. It may also weed out some of these shady convenient stores we have in our area.
Unlawful

Aransas Pass, TX

#4 Jul 6, 2012
Jipped wrote:
Be aware of the one and only gas station in Dearing. Not only is there gas $3.49 a gallon, but they also charge a fee for using a debitt/credit card. This fee not posted on there 1960 gas pumps, it is posted in there window of the building and on the counter inside. Just some more greed from the owners who sell gasoline in Montgomery County.
Under the Durbin Ammendment, it is against the law for any retail merchant to charge a fee to use a debit or credit card, period.

A retail merchant may require up to $10 minimum to use a credit card, BUT CANNOT impose a fee or minimum amount for using a debit card.

Anyone imposing a "fee" for credit/debit card use is violating federal law.
do tell

Chanute, KS

#5 Jul 6, 2012
Jipped wrote:
People here need to recruit Quik Trip from Oklahoma to come into this area. They would be far more competative and force the other gas retailers to lower there prices. We do have a larger tax on fuel than Oklahoma but it would narrow the price difference substancially. It may also weed out some of these shady convenient stores we have in our area.
which ones are the shady ones? and what exactly makes them that way? just curious...

Since: Oct 10

Independence, Kansas

#6 Jul 6, 2012
I believe the jump starts in the area are owned by the Fink's at Cherryvale. could be wrong...
civilian

Wichita, KS

#7 Jul 6, 2012
the jump start in coffeyville is owned by a very shady person named Tom cook he also has 2 stores in indy and 1 more in coffeyville
huhhhh

Jefferson City, MO

#8 Jul 6, 2012
Unlawful wrote:
<quoted text>Under the Durbin Ammendment, it is against the law for any retail merchant to charge a fee to use a debit or credit card, period.
A retail merchant may require up to $10 minimum to use a credit card, BUT CANNOT impose a fee or minimum amount for using a debit card.
Green's Tire in fredonia. If your purchase is under $10.00 they charge you a swipe fee of $2.00.
Jipped

Independence, KS

#9 Jul 6, 2012
Under the Durbin Ammendment, it is against the law for any retail merchant to charge a fee to use a debit or credit card, period.

Unlawful,

Thanks for the information. I was unaware of this law.

I only stopped to buy gas at this place in Dearing
because I was almost out. I don't even know the name of this place but I believe it is owned by Jerry Shanks/Shanks Oil. It's not enough that he is the highest price in MG County but now ripping off peple with this fee he has added to the price of him gas for using a credit/debit card.

Thanks for the information.
funny

Ingleside, TX

#10 Jul 6, 2012
omg, you got the shank from Shanks. What are you people going to do about getting charged for using your card and getting charged????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is AWOL going to start sheltering battered women? 5 hr GTC 10
City paying hundreds of thousands to occupy its... 5 hr really 40
Kelly Passauer and David Cowan, a common threa... 5 hr ghost town coming 13
Independence Rebranded or Pearls don't change t... 6 hr ghost town coming 132
Virgenius 14 hr pawhuska 1
Remember When in Independence, KS (Jul '09) 17 hr Way out west 572
If you WORK for the city, you should LIVE in th... 19 hr ghost town coming 29

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance