After Church at Maria's
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bath salts

Wichita, KS

#1 Jan 27, 2013
Today I had lunch at Maria's after Church. There was a table with about ten people that were also there after Church. At one point they began talking about Kosher food and Halal food. One of the men started using derogatory terms about people. I kept thinking how that wasn't very Christian and that God would be disappointed.
Then, an amazing thing happened. A guy got up from his table and walked over to the table and told them how un-Christian they were being. He said something about them speaking that way especially with kids at the table. He said as a fellow Christian he was let down at the way they were talking. He did it in a manner that was very calm and quiet. He just said they should think about what they were saying. I just wanted to say way to go. He had the guts to stand up. Wish I would have gotten his name.
Enforcer

Ingleside, TX

#2 Jan 27, 2013
bath salts wrote:
Today I had lunch at Maria's after Church. There was a table with about ten people that were also there after Church. At one point they began talking about Kosher food and Halal food. One of the men started using derogatory terms about people. I kept thinking how that wasn't very Christian and that God would be disappointed.
Then, an amazing thing happened. A guy got up from his table and walked over to the table and told them how un-Christian they were being. He said something about them speaking that way especially with kids at the table. He said as a fellow Christian he was let down at the way they were talking. He did it in a manner that was very calm and quiet. He just said they should think about what they were saying. I just wanted to say way to go. He had the guts to stand up. Wish I would have gotten his name.
I don't know about that but when is Marias going to replace that grease ridden carpet?
goat

Parsons, KS

#3 Jan 27, 2013
good for him, more should speak up on stuff they dont like
wtf

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Jan 27, 2013
Christians, Jews, and Muslims are all one in the same: DELUDED MORONS FROM THE IRON AGE

Homo sapiens, the last extant species of the genus Homo, will go extinct without the direct manipulation of the genome using biotechnology.

End of story.
surprise

Wichita, KS

#5 Jan 27, 2013
That must have been those wonderful tolerant good Christians. If you want to preach hate and use derogatory terms, do so in private. Disgusting act for good Christians. Judgmental SOB.
Worked

Independence, KS

#6 Jan 27, 2013
I never notice what people are talking about at the table over. I'm always too busy with my own convo.
Worked

Independence, KS

#7 Jan 27, 2013
But also, I don't go to church so I'm not too concerned about what other people are talking about...church people are the best gossipers!:)
hey muffin cake

Independence, KS

#8 Jan 27, 2013
wtf wrote:
Christians, Jews, and Muslims are all one in the same: DELUDED MORONS FROM THE IRON AGE
Homo sapiens, the last extant species of the genus Homo, will go extinct without the direct manipulation of the genome using biotechnology.
End of story.
Archaic forms of the genus Homo didn't go extinct, their genes are present in contemporary populations? So your, observation is FALSE!!!!
humm

Mount Vernon, MO

#9 Jan 28, 2013
surprise wrote:
That must have been those wonderful tolerant good Christians. If you want to preach hate and use derogatory terms, do so in private. Disgusting act for good Christians. Judgmental SOB.
Are you so different?
newyear2013

United States

#10 Jan 28, 2013
The person who posted this topix is a liar. How does this person think hes a Christian by easedropping on a conversation that he didnt even hear and run to fb and gossip bout it? Obviously he needs to get a life.
Bath Salts

Chanute, KS

#11 Jan 29, 2013
Well first it isn't fb. I didn't have to eavesdrop since the people talking were loud enough for me to hear. I didn't have to strain or lean or concentrate. You have zero authority to tell me what is or isn't Christian. The people were being pretty loud. Sounds like you may be hurt. Were you one of the people at Maria's?
Worked

Independence, KS

#12 Jan 29, 2013
Who has the authority to decide who is and who isn't a Christian? You must think you do, or else you wouldn't have been able to pinpoint the other table as such and then deem it necessary for someone to publicly humiliate them for something they said whether it was Christ-like or not. Those damn planks be up in everybody's eye!
Bath Salts

Chanute, KS

#13 Jan 29, 2013
Worked wrote:
Who has the authority to decide who is and who isn't a Christian? You must think you do, or else you wouldn't have been able to pinpoint the other table as such and then deem it necessary for someone to publicly humiliate them for something they said whether it was Christ-like or not. Those damn planks be up in everybody's eye!
I actually never said I had the authority to decide. I guessed they were Christian since they go to Church and their loud ass conversation was regarding their religion being superior. It was disgusting some of the things they were saying. I didn't humiliate them. Some other guy went up and talked to them. If they felt humiliated, then his point was made. Don't say something to allow yourself to be humiliated.
Worked

Independence, KS

#14 Jan 29, 2013
Well I'M offended that YOU are offended! You're NOT A GOOD CHRISTIAN GAHHHH!!*don't care*
Bath Salts

Chanute, KS

#15 Jan 29, 2013
We could tell you don't care by your responses. You were shut down, have nothing of value to add so now you don't care? Four comments of not caring. Thanks.
methusula

Wichita, KS

#16 Jan 29, 2013
newyear2013 wrote:
The person who posted this topix is a liar. How does this person think hes a Christian by easedropping on a conversation that he didnt even hear and run to fb and gossip bout it? Obviously he needs to get a life.
It's a she.
Worked is wrong

Chanute, KS

#17 Jan 29, 2013
You don't really know much about faith or religion.
Christians are basically followers of the teacher, Jesus Christ. Your sciency stuff you were spewing has proven that he a real homo sapian. He taught the teachings of God our Father, but more importantly he taught that it is a piss poor person to act as the guy in Marias and yourself do. Muslims teach that killing and suicide are good things as long as Allah(God)is the reason why. Jews are extremely conventonal and have a very stiff regiment for thier religion. To be a christian all you really have to do is understand and follow the teachings of our teacher deemed by our Father as brothers/sisters. All faiths state you have freedom to choose, love your brothers/sisters or be a dysfunctional family. I highly suspect that you have the 2nd choice just as the Muslims and any other of an evil nature that uses uses God as a reason to practice hate. Neither God or Jesus ever condoned hate or war. That is just a human excuse to justify war/hate.
Who are YOU to decide that such varied beliefs are the same religion?
news flash

Coffeyville, KS

#18 Jan 30, 2013
You cannot be suggesting that Christian religon never used God as a reason to commit evil acts are you?
Worked

Independence, KS

#19 Jan 30, 2013
Worked is wrong wrote:
You don't really know much about faith or religion.
Christians are basically followers of the teacher, Jesus Christ. Your sciency stuff you were spewing has proven that he a real homo sapian. He taught the teachings of God our Father, but more importantly he taught that it is a piss poor person to act as the guy in Marias and yourself do. Muslims teach that killing and suicide are good things as long as Allah(God)is the reason why. Jews are extremely conventonal and have a very stiff regiment for thier religion. To be a christian all you really have to do is understand and follow the teachings of our teacher deemed by our Father as brothers/sisters. All faiths state you have freedom to choose, love your brothers/sisters or be a dysfunctional family. I highly suspect that you have the 2nd choice just as the Muslims and any other of an evil nature that uses uses God as a reason to practice hate. Neither God or Jesus ever condoned hate or war. That is just a human excuse to justify war/hate.
Who are YOU to decide that such varied beliefs are the same religion?
Uhh...what does this have to do with anything I said?
Worked

Independence, KS

#20 Jan 30, 2013
Bath Salts wrote:
We could tell you don't care by your responses. You were shut down, have nothing of value to add so now you don't care? Four comments of not caring. Thanks.
I wasn't shut down. I just live a different life than you do and think that your excuses for being in someone's business is wrong. But whatever, do what you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Removal of Stop Signs at Penn and Maple 4 hr Stfu 10
Business after Hours at Apricot Lane 9 hr Melania 17
Indy Pile of Crap Reporter (Oct '15) 9 hr reader 247
$1 million ladder truck unbudgeted purchase pr... 11 hr so true 27
No Solutions for the Feb 22 Commission Meeting 14 hr ghost town coming 16
Who is the IPD dispatcher 17 hr Toe Tweeny Jaun 8
Trump: Not my president (Official Resistance Th... (Jan '17) 19 hr Eight 266

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance