Carolyn Torrnance's Full of Error Ads

Carolyn Torrnance's Full of Error Ads

Posted in the Independence Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Liar Liar

Independence, KS

#1 Mar 24, 2013
Carolyn Torrance has taken out another Pro-Micky ad, but this time it's full of LIES. She says the tax credits used to buy Union Gas came from the state, not us. WRONG, CAROLYN. Taxpayers paid their tax money to remodel Memorial Hall and earned the historical tax credits. Since they couldn't use the tax credits, they sold them and the money from the sale was used to buy Union Gas. If taxpayers didn't pay to remodel Memorial Hall in the first place, they wouldn't have earned the tax credits to buy Union Gas.

Then she talks about Debbie not seeing the police department because she was late for the city tour. WRONG CAROLYN. Debbie and I had dinner after that tour. She DID see the crowded police department which is why she said in today's paper the city should clean out the 4000+ square feet that's not being used on the third floor of city hall and use that space. The reason she was late will be explained later.

By the way, Debbie told me the only people on her tour were Micky, the Heckman & Co. rep, and two other citizens who weren't the Torrances. Wonder how CAROLYN found out what went on during the tour Debbie was on? Could it be Micky fed her the info? Did she attend the tour herself? If not, why no. She could have listened to some of the questions Debbie asked and maybe could have gotten some info she could use to write an accurate ad.

CAROLYN IS THE MOUTHPIECE OF THE MICKY WEBB REGIME. There's nothing wrong with that except she doesn't check her facts so she LIES TO people in her ads. At least Debbie footnotes or carefully lays out her ads so people can double check them. Maybe instead of believing everything Micky said, she should do what Debbie does and look at the whole picture.

Don't worry everyone. I talked to Debbie this morning and she's already getting together an ad pointing out all Carolyn's mistakes and asking Carolyn to explain a few things. Stay tuned....
Vote

Wichita, KS

#2 Mar 24, 2013
Her article was full of lies, hate and don't know what she thinks she is going to get out of it. Maybe Mickey is slipping her the big (or in his case little) one.
Is Carolyn a Sucker

Ingleside, TX

#3 Mar 24, 2013
The big ad is full of half truths and a twisted version of the facts. No where in her ad does it footnote any statements she is making, so obviously they are just her or Micky Webb's opinions. Debbie always has footnotes to back up what she says so she is much more believable. Also, why do you always have to put your maiden name of Sayers in? Is it because you think you are a nobody without it? Is it because you think it carries some sort of prestige in this town? Too bad you are too arrogant or gullible to see the facts that we don't need two City Halls and that Micky Webb is using you as his Propaganda Puppet.
Losers

Wichita, KS

#4 Mar 24, 2013
I was looking at some of the people that were supporting Meiers and Chappuie in the paper today. They are what I call ones who are Want-a-be's always looking for someone to pat them on the back. Voters, we need a change to people that think for themselves, not doing favors to get their 15 minute of fame. One letter to the editor hadn't lived here long but was endorsing people she couldn't know very well. Use common sense, you have lived here and know the ones running for office. Vote accordingly.
Voter

Wichita, KS

#5 Mar 24, 2013
Maybe she doesn't think Torrance is as good as Sayers.
Do your Homework Carolyn

Ingleside, TX

#6 Mar 24, 2013
Instead of just listening to just what Micky Webb or his Cronies say you should do your homework so you don't make a fool of yourself. You first have to understand that Barack Obama probably tells the truth more than Micky, so consider your main or primary source of information.

You have lost all credibility with me on everything you say because of the tax credits. If you believe what you say, either you are too stupid to understand the Tax Credits or too lazy to investigate why we have them in the first place.

When Taxpayers paid to fix up the Memorial Hall building a few years ago, it qualified for Tax Credits because it is on the Historical Register. Since the city doesn't pay taxes and the tax credits are of no use to them, they sold them to someone who could use them and the City pocketed the money, which was a wise thing to do. It was not Free Money, it was money that had to be spent first by Taxpayers to obtain the Tax Credits.

Had Taxpayers not voted and paid to renovate Memorial Hall, there would have been no Tax Credits which means there would be no Free Money to foolishly buy the Union Gas building with.

How can such a simple, true and factual concept escape you especially when you are writing a half page ad? Are you so flattered by Micky and his Cronies that you will carry his water without question? Are you some Crazed Liberal who sees that any money laying around must be spent without regard to prudence or need? Are you too lazy to do your homework before you critize? You are part of the problem we have in this city and definitely part of the Ready - FIRE - Aim knee jerk crowd. You have lost all credibility with me because of your twisted and distorted version of the truth.

Is this really true

Ingleside, TX

#7 Mar 24, 2013
On March 21st the following was posted under the threat Truths about Ned. Is this true? If it is how can the one night stander be believed on anything she says.

I knew Carolyn during the time her last name was Dice, she had left him and we hooked up at Turbos back when Lance was still there, I plowed her 3 times that night and thought she was great, the next day she accused me of using her, and got her brother S Sayers involved and to this day I am no longer allowed in the Ace Hardware store. She is as vindictive as they come, a liar, and a attention grabber that will stop at nothing to further her agenda. For anyone to believe her lies and rhetorec, you are all fools, I am just as guilty for ever becoming involved in her psycho world. Be Warned.
funny

Wichita, KS

#8 Mar 24, 2013
Micky and his cronies needs to go. We need a change before this town dries up.
POP

Independence, KS

#9 Mar 24, 2013
Gettin' my popcorn ready! This is gettin' good!
Entertainment

Ingleside, TX

#10 Mar 24, 2013
This is really getting good. Perhaps we could have a public debate between Debbie and Carolyn. Debbie has all her facts and Carolyn would be lost if Micky wasn't showing her cue cards.
Felix

Ingleside, TX

#11 Mar 24, 2013
Entertainment wrote:
This is really getting good. Perhaps we could have a public debate between Debbie and Carolyn. Debbie has all her facts and Carolyn would be lost if Micky wasn't showing her cue cards.
Cat fight!
GGS

Wichita, KS

#12 Mar 24, 2013
my money is Debbie for sure.
GGS

Wichita, KS

#13 Mar 24, 2013
is on*
Cheeze-Whizz

Aransas Pass, TX

#14 Mar 24, 2013
Anyone else notice how the Reporter keeps trying to hide Mrs.Millers ads? Today for instance it was on the back page of the first half of the paper. All the while the Independence Nazis get the first or second page!
Wonder

Independence, KS

#15 Mar 24, 2013
Entertainment wrote:
This is really getting good. Perhaps we could have a public debate between Debbie and Carolyn. Debbie has all her facts and Carolyn would be lost if Micky wasn't showing her cue cards.
Ever wonder who else Micky is lying to? Since we know he's doing it, we need to get the word out to voters so they will see what a crook he is and vote for people who will get rid of him.
Kill the Bear Killer

Aransas Pass, TX

#16 Mar 24, 2013
Well, to begin with, Liar Liar - "and let's start at the very beginning" - you started this thread with an error-filled name: "Carolyn Tornannce's Full of Error Ads." At least the apostrophe is in the right place. But if you cared about all things being correct, it should have been "Carolyn Torrance's Full-of-Error Ads." What else are you wrong about? Oh, you are correct about naming yourself Liar Liar so I'll give you that.
Fair and Balanced

Ingleside, TX

#17 Mar 24, 2013
I never knew that City Hall has over 4,000 square feet of extra space on the top floor. Why wasn't that space included in the renovation plan by Micky's Water Boy John Heckman in the $22,000 feasibility study we taxpayers paid for? Probably because it is on the top floor and and after Micky's favorite architect finished renovating that space including a new roof, the Heckman designed roof would leak and ruin the renovation job. They don't call him Leaky Roof Heckman for nothing!

In weighing things out, it makes much more sense to use that EXTRA 4,000 square feet and have one City Hall like Debbie mentioned. I can't see the logic in having two City Halls. The cost to renovate two buildings are more than enough, but if you factor in a number of years in the future, we'll pay many more times in future utilities and maintenance costs than we ever paid for the building and renovation of Union Gas. We are talking about Million$ and Million$ of dollars that would be wasted. It is always much more costly over the long term to maintain a building than to ever buy it.

The population of this town and all of Southeast Kansas continues to shrink, so why does it make sense to enlarge government and increase expenses for a shrinking population when you don't have to?

It appears that Micky Webb convinced the current City Commissioners to buy the Union Gas building before he carefully throught it through or to satisfy his own EGO. Perhaps he wants a Luxury Corner Office or perhaps he wants to pad his resume or perhaps it is for some other nonsensical or illogical reason, but whatever it is, it doesn't make sense to me.

Micky, why are you trying to pad your resume by buying that building if you most likely be retiring within the next 5 to 8 years? Padding your resume doesn't make any sense if you retire here or if you get fired. Because if you get fired you'll never find another job as a City Manager. What city would want to hire a City Manager who has been fired twice? Perhaps you could find work for some city as garbage man.
Liar Liar

Independence, KS

#18 Mar 24, 2013
Kill the Bear Killer wrote:
Well, to begin with, Liar Liar - "and let's start at the very beginning" - you started this thread with an error-filled name: "Carolyn Tornannce's Full of Error Ads." At least the apostrophe is in the right place. But if you cared about all things being correct, it should have been "Carolyn Torrance's Full-of-Error Ads." What else are you wrong about? Oh, you are correct about naming yourself Liar Liar so I'll give you that.
There's a difference between a typo and an outright lie. If you don't know the difference, I don't give a r*ts a** what you think about me. If you knew the facts, you could spot all the lies in her article. Guess you don't know the facts so I really don't care about your opinion. You must be one of Micky's goons carrying out his regime's agenda.
GGS

Wichita, KS

#19 Mar 24, 2013
Kill the Bear Killer wrote:
Well, to begin with, Liar Liar - "and let's start at the very beginning" - you started this thread with an error-filled name: "Carolyn Tornannce's Full of Error Ads." At least the apostrophe is in the right place. But if you cared about all things being correct, it should have been "Carolyn Torrance's Full-of-Error Ads." What else are you wrong about? Oh, you are correct about naming yourself Liar Liar so I'll give you that.
haha wow. you are an idiot. Torrance's ad was complete bs. you know that the person that started this thread is 100% right and the only error you can find is grammatical?! you, my friend, are a moron. hats off Liar Liar, I agree with you!
deep trouble

Independence, KS

#20 Mar 24, 2013
Is Carolyn a Sucker wrote:
The big ad is full of half truths and a twisted version of the facts. No where in her ad does it footnote any statements she is making, so obviously they are just her or Micky Webb's opinions. Debbie always has footnotes to back up what she says so she is much more believable. Also, why do you always have to put your maiden name of Sayers in? Is it because you think you are a nobody without it? Is it because you think it carries some sort of prestige in this town? Too bad you are too arrogant or gullible to see the facts that we don't need two City Halls and that Micky Webb is using you as his Propaganda Puppet.
I'm curious why you have been so obsessed with Mickey? What is your motive? For the last year or two, I have read your slander, innuendo, public belitteling. Seriously what is your beef, enlighten us. Are you a disgrunteled ex employee?

P.S. The posts I have read from you, if they were about me, I would sue you at best. You appear to me as a stalker!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yvonne Moore 17 min Indy 1
icc pirates vs hutchinson 1 hr Crusher 3
my drain plug fell out 1 hr HungryIndy 8
How is the show Mary Poppins? 2 hr Jason 1
Indy Thieves 2 hr Revolution Calling 5
Hay bales in downtown fire district. 2 hr Gwen 27
New City Water/Sewer Rates 3 hr seen it 3
Taxpayers Embarrassed Thu Revolution Calling 117

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Independence Mortgages