Kidnapping from Noah's Ark Day Care

Posted in the Independence Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Why no news coverage

Independence, KS

#1 Feb 20, 2013
It's been confirmed that there was a child taken from Noah's Ark day care on Tuesday 2/19. And an Amber Alert was issued. There apparently was an arrest. Anybody know why it did not make the paper today?
yes

Aransas Pass, TX

#2 Feb 20, 2013
maybe it was a parent that wsnt allowed to see the child?
john

Aransas Pass, TX

#3 Feb 20, 2013
because it is the reporter. and it was not the parents.
no kidnapping

Wichita, KS

#4 Feb 20, 2013
because it wasn't a kidnapping, I work at Noahs and the parent of the kid don't pick up on time and so the caregiver took the baby home because they got tired of waiting for the parent to show up
Old Timer

United States

#5 Feb 20, 2013
Yea, and that constitutes kidnapping. That could be a huge problem. Parents have a right to know where their children are. That had better not happen again!
get the facts right

Independence, KS

#6 Feb 20, 2013
No amber alert was issued.....
I call BS

Aransas Pass, TX

#7 Feb 20, 2013
The dayare worker lied to the staff and said she had permission to take the child with her, she did not have permission. An Amber Alert was in progress when Officers obtained a vehicle description and address of the lady that took the baby. Officers quickly made contact and recoveed the baby and the daycare worker is in jail. Thats the facts.
psh

United States

#8 Feb 20, 2013
parents prolly a crackhead.
Bath Salts

United States

#9 Feb 20, 2013
Daycare needs to charge the parents for late pickups when they consistently happen.

Still not appropriate to take the baby home as the worker did.
honey boo boo

Lenexa, KS

#10 Feb 20, 2013
Why no news coverage wrote:
It's been confirmed that there was a child taken from Noah's Ark day care on Tuesday 2/19. And an Amber Alert was issued. There apparently was an arrest. Anybody know why it did not make the paper today?
Welllllllll it might be because of Who it was!!!
mom

United States

#11 Feb 20, 2013
To the lady that works there... you just made that place sound even worse after what has happened, you act like it is okay to take someone else's child home just because the parents are late. My children will NEVER go to that place again, for many other reasons but this just tops is right off!!
a parent

United States

#12 Feb 20, 2013
It was a kidnapping I work there. The worker took the child without permission. The child is there everyday from 9 to 6. Her mother was not late. Her mom takes good care of her. She has every right to press charges. Its a bad situation. Its makes the daycare look worser than it already did.
scary

Lenexa, KS

#13 Feb 21, 2013
Whatever happened this is scary.
Why no news coverage

Independence, KS

#14 Feb 21, 2013
I call BS wrote:
The daycare worker lied to the staff and said she had permission to take the child with her, she did not have permission. An Amber Alert was in progress when Officers obtained a vehicle description and address of the lady that took the baby. Officers quickly made contact and recovered the baby and the daycare worker is in jail. That's the facts.
There you go.... It certainly warranted newspaper coverage. Who's the lady related to that they thought it would be best to let it slide on bye the news. Is the Reporter worried about hurting someones feelings?

I'd say Noah's Ark just lost a whole lot of credibility. Especially if it was an employee.

News to the Reporter...... you don't do yourself any favors by cherry picking your stories.
Why no news coverage

Independence, KS

#15 Feb 21, 2013
no kidnapping wrote:
because it wasn't a kidnapping, I work at Noahs and the parent of the kid don't pick up on time and so the caregiver took the baby home because they got tired of waiting for the parent to show up
You are an idiot......... if a child is taken by someone not given permission, that's kidnapping now days.
Why no news coverage

Independence, KS

#16 Feb 21, 2013
no kidnapping wrote:
And you must be part of the problem at Noah's Ark.
news flash

Coffeyville, KS

#17 Feb 21, 2013
A parent..."worser" really?
a parent

Springfield, MO

#18 Feb 21, 2013
news flash wrote:
A parent..."worser" really?
oh wow excuse me for bad grammar. Shall we say worse. Yes the daycare isn't as great as some would like to believe it is.
Anonymous

United States

#19 Feb 21, 2013
This is Lindsay Shaw, the mother of the child kidnapped. Whoever wants to call me a crackhead or questioning my parenting skills, grow some balls and come say that to my face. To the day care employee that claims I'm always late picking my children up, last I checked you're open until 6, and I have never been late picking them up, wish you would say something to me if I ever bring my kids back there!
Here's th truth, so all you Indy gossipers can get your stories straight. At 545 (notice that's not late) I went to pick up my daughter and was informed that she was not there and the lady watching her claimed she had my permission to take her home, which absolutely did not happen. From there I called the police and within an hour my daughter was safely returned to me. Her motive for taking her is still unknown. It is sad how easily it was for the employees to believe her and let her just walk out with my child.
So please, to the people that have no lives, sitting on here just waiting for the opportunity to bash others to feel better about yourselves, get a better hobby. Obviously you can't speak your opinions to someones face and have to hide behind a computer screen.
One who knows

Aransas Pass, TX

#20 Feb 21, 2013
no kidnapping wrote:
For the record, you are very uninformed! I guess the policy needs to be reviewed with workers. No one unless authorized by the parent is allowed to leave with a child. Parent was not late in picking up child. It will all come out in the Reporter as well as facts uncovered through a state investigation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SEK Pride fest to be held in Independence Sept... 7 hr Revolution Calling 48
Is Trump a Russian plant? (Dec '16) 8 hr tired GOP 43
Continued big spending dominates local 2018 bud... 10 hr Carl 41
County intends to raise 2018 spending by $3.8 m... 13 hr Eight 28
Cherryvale/Thayer School District 447 plans new... 15 hr Tired of it 4
Coffeyville New Fire/EMS Building for LESS Than... 16 hr ghost town coming 4
President Pence's VP appointment Wed Eight 19

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance