First Prev
of 5
Next Last
honestly

United States

#1 Jan 7, 2013
Can I have your opinions of the tattoo shop in independence? The artistic quality seems piss poor. Not trying to be rude the tattoos seem really plain and lack quality. thoughts?
Fashion

Coffeyville, KS

#2 Jan 7, 2013
honestly wrote:
Can I have your opinions of the tattoo shop in independence? The artistic quality seems piss poor. Not trying to be rude the tattoos seem really plain and lack quality. thoughts?
Most tattoos look trashy on most people, and I'll be glad when the tattoo trend dies.
yeah

Neodesha, KS

#3 Jan 7, 2013
Getting a tattoo in Independence would be a really stupid decision. If you're wanting a well done tattoo your best bet is to take a trip to a larger city nearby with a respected artist that has alot of experience under their belt. I heard Bartlesville might have a good artist and I know for a fact the tattoo shop in Liberty, MO has great artists if you're willing to make the trip.
TATS

Dodge City, KS

#4 Jan 7, 2013
Fashion wrote:
<quoted text>
Most tattoos look trashy on most people, and I'll be glad when the tattoo trend dies.
Well sorry to inform you of this but that trend WONT die!!!!! EVER!!!! It's getting more popular and more popular.. TAT EM UP.
Nuh-uh

Aransas Pass, TX

#5 Jan 7, 2013
I won't be getting a tattoo from a place that can't even use correct spelling in their Facebook statuses. Talk about scary. And what I've seen of them, I won't be going to them anytime soon.
terrible

United States

#7 Jan 7, 2013
He just doesnt seem to be able to put in detail, I dont have a problem with someone trying to follow there dream but sorry your just not a good tattoo artist at all. Show your work to experts and they will tell you that he needs a lot of work. Never go to a "professional" that does his work out of a freakin trailor!!
ugh

United States

#8 Jan 7, 2013
i have 3 tattoos by him and they are all just like i want. and as far as "he doesn't detail" yes he does. he did an angel on my arm (with amazing attention to detail in the wings and her hair) and a rose with a rosary wrapped around it on my back...he did amazing work. from the virgin mary to the crucifix on the rosary and the rose is perfect. if i could post pics of my tatts by him i would. i recommend him. he is cheaper than going to a bigger city. i have a butterfly tattoo from branson and it is the size of a half dollar and it cost 100bucks. only my rose cost more than that from him and they are much bigger. oh well to each his own but i will gladly stick up for him as i will be going back for every tattoo i want to get.
cantstandthem

United States

#9 Jan 7, 2013
I'm sorry but no one looks good with tattoos, men or women. They just trash a body up. They especially make a woman look demeaning.

“America -God's Favorite Cuntry”

Since: Aug 12

Real America, USA

#10 Jan 7, 2013
cantstandthem wrote:
I'm sorry but no one looks good with tattoos, men or women. They just trash a body up. They especially make a woman look demeaning.
I happen to be attracted to womens' tats. To each their own...
responding

Cherryvale, KS

#11 Jan 7, 2013
And those tats are gonna look lovely when you hit 60 and the old skin starts getting wrinkled and sagging!
Fashion

Coffeyville, KS

#12 Jan 7, 2013
TATS wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sorry to inform you of this but that trend WONT die!!!!! EVER!!!! It's getting more popular and more popular.. TAT EM UP.
There's an excellent reason that tattoos are referred to as "tramp stamps." And consider that tattoos have been used as marks of shame, as for concentration camp inmates and for slave labor.
ready for more

Independence, KS

#13 Jan 7, 2013
I was very pleased with the work I got done. He took his time and made sure it was exactly the way I wanted it. The owner is good people, and has a strong passion for what he's doing. My advice is to not listen to the haters on this page. Go in his shop, talk to him, check out his work. "Like" his page on facebook, he's always updating with pics of tats he's done. So what if it's out of a trailor. It was totally redone and set up for this, obviously he passed regulations or he wouldn't be open. Don't be so quick to judge or go by what people say on here. If you have friends that got a simple tattoo, don't blame him..blame them for being cheap and simple minded...
Fashion

Coffeyville, KS

#15 Jan 8, 2013
2 cents wrote:
I've seen a few pieces he's done, and I can't say I would trust him with a complicated piece. The lines weren't straight, and sides uneven. Anything simple, I don't think he'd have too much of a problem with because from what I've seen... he isn't horrible. Just my 2 cents.
Keep the change.

“America -God's Favorite Cuntry”

Since: Aug 12

Real America, USA

#16 Jan 8, 2013
Fashion wrote:
<quoted text>
There's an excellent reason that tattoos are referred to as "tramp stamps." And consider that tattoos have been used as marks of shame, as for concentration camp inmates and for slave labor.
How dare we allow our youth to violate their bodies by putting ink in their skin like the inferior Jews and blacks.

By your same reasoning, our society should shun gold stars as "marks of shame" as they were worn by and used to identify "concentration camp inmates" in Hitler's germany.

As long as we are on the topic, does anyone know where I can get a "mark of shame" removed? I've got a small tattoo of my daughters name and I don't want people thinking less of me for being stamped like a tramp, or worse yet; a Jew.
me

United States

#17 Jan 8, 2013
I like tattoos
Fashion

Coffeyville, KS

#18 Jan 8, 2013
Indy_Pendent wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare we allow our youth to violate their bodies by putting ink in their skin like the inferior Jews and blacks.
By your same reasoning, our society should shun gold stars as "marks of shame" as they were worn by and used to identify "concentration camp inmates" in Hitler's germany.
As long as we are on the topic, does anyone know where I can get a "mark of shame" removed? I've got a small tattoo of my daughters name and I don't want people thinking less of me for being stamped like a tramp, or worse yet; a Jew.
The Soviets and Chinese also tattooed prisoners -- and the Nazis didn't tattoo only Jews or use only gold stars to designate prisoners. However, I don't think tramps like you had a separate category.

FYI also, in the 1950s and 1960s there were still public swimming pools in this area that wouldn't admit men with tattoos; they were considered low class.
tat guy

Coffeyville, KS

#19 Jan 8, 2013
I have several from him. I just had one done today. I wouldn't go anywhere else. He is a very good artist. As for tattoos bein trashy, that's your own opinion, which doesn't matter anyway. I would highly recommend Deep In Ink to anybody who wants good work.
tat guy

Coffeyville, KS

#20 Jan 8, 2013
honestly wrote:
he does what he is asked to do. Go in and look at his work.
whatsyourpoint

Fort Riley, KS

#21 Jan 8, 2013
Fashion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Soviets and Chinese also tattooed prisoners -- and the Nazis didn't tattoo only Jews or use only gold stars to designate prisoners. However, I don't think tramps like you had a separate category.
FYI also, in the 1950s and 1960s there were still public swimming pools in this area that wouldn't admit men with tattoos; they were considered low class.
most of these men were servicemen who had served their country.???
Curious

Norman, OK

#22 Jan 8, 2013
If you don't like tats, don't get any and shut up. Some people like red heads. Some people like red heads better with tats.

Think Ink in Norman Oklahoma is one of the best places. Set up an appointment as walk ins don't happen often. These artists are all booked in advanced. That is a good sign of a good artist. Cannibal Graphics in OKC has some great artists also.

Remember, a tattoo is a piece of art. Good art is not cheap. It will last you your life time. You get what you pay for. If you are paying less than $100/hr, you may not be getting a confident artist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sept 2016 Jobs Report for Montgomery County 19 min Revolution Calling 5
Is the City Attorney Inept or Lazy or Shady 1 hr Revolution Calling 8
New Downtown Vacancies 6 hr Dont think so 17
Tyson poultry plant facts 6 hr My take 19
September city sales tax collections down by7.7% 8 hr Alwysright 10
Houses for sale in Independence 9 hr ghost town coming 53
icc pirates vs hutchinson 9 hr funny 11

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance