High School Principal
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
pittsburg

United States

#41 Feb 12, 2013
Shaw was our principle, we got rid of him... he does use hitler like tactics and intimidation. if u ever went to the office to call ur parents he would listen in on another phone... hes a weirdo and a creeper, but tries to act like hes a hot shot
Sad

Wichita, KS

#42 Feb 12, 2013
Mitch, your time here isn't going to be pleasant, this "good ole boy" town will not allow you any peace..if this town doesn't like you,, they will make sure to make it HELL on you, most of the one's casting stones at you, have their own screw ups , but because they fall in that "country club" click it won't be said on topix..good luck to you and your family..take the steak off your back, before they eat you alive!!
Good point

United States

#43 Feb 13, 2013
The above poster has some good thoughts. The M&M Boys, Mitch and Mike, came in and did a lot of good things at IHS. I hear Mike has been pushed out...regardless of "resignation." It will be interesting who the next vice principal will be. My brother-in-law says that Mitch has lost communication and respect with most of the faculty. He commmented that the "Pittsburg" poster was really accurate. For his sake and the school, I hope Mr.Shaw looks hard for a new and fresh position before it gets ugly.
A retired teacher told me many years ago that city managers, superintendents, principals, and pastors usually have a shelf life of about five years and after that they need to take their ideas down the road to the next location.
i was there

Independence, KS

#44 Feb 13, 2013
He forced the previous english instructor to resign. Within his first year. His fat sister in law is a control freak who last i knew didnt have kids or a life. so what other choice did she have... had to follow her sis and bro in law. Tag VERONICA BURRIS ooops this isnt facebook!
Staffer

United States

#45 Feb 14, 2013
I don't know where the above poster got his information but he is 110% correct. The school is basically run by Ronnie...or whatever her name is. She gets the prime assignments, she pushes others out of her way, she acts like she is an administrator, and she is a rat fink to her brother in law. Another reason why a relatvie should not be hired in the same building. There is a running bet that she will be named department chairman for next year without an ounce of leadership or rapport with the other faculty members. Do you think there is any other reason two outstanding senior faculty members decided to retire at this point?
I thank God I am not in her department or her part of the building.
methusula

Wichita, KS

#46 Feb 14, 2013
Staffer wrote:
I don't know where the above poster got his information but he is 110% correct. The school is basically run by Ronnie...or whatever her name is. She gets the prime assignments, she pushes others out of her way, she acts like she is an administrator, and she is a rat fink to her brother in law. Another reason why a relatvie should not be hired in the same building. There is a running bet that she will be named department chairman for next year without an ounce of leadership or rapport with the other faculty members. Do you think there is any other reason two outstanding senior faculty members decided to retire at this point?
I thank God I am not in her department or her part of the building.
"Do you think there is any other reason two outstanding senior faculty members decided to retire at this point?"

Perhaps it was because they realized that there was a co-worker who chose to go on a public forum and anonymously attacked a fellow worker. I really hope that you are not really a teacher because I cringe to think that you are setting an example for our youth.
Unbelievable

Kansas City, MO

#47 Feb 15, 2013
methusula wrote:
<quoted text>"Do you think there is any other reason two outstanding senior faculty members decided to retire at this point?"
Perhaps it was because they realized that there was a co-worker who chose to go on a public forum and anonymously attacked a fellow worker. I really hope that you are not really a teacher because I cringe to think that you are setting an example for our youth.
I seriously doubt anyone would choose to retire based on comments posted on Topix...that is laughable to say the least. When things get crazy in a building and nepotism takes over many wonderful teachers eligible for retirement choose to flee!
I also don't think many of the youth are reading this forum so doubt the person you are attacking will have much affect on them by stating his/her opinion here. You post without stating your name (and me too) will have no affect on the youth...they face too many other real challenges than posts on this site!
youth

Independence, KS

#48 Feb 15, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt anyone would choose to retire based on comments posted on Topix...that is laughable to say the least. When things get crazy in a building and nepotism takes over many wonderful teachers eligible for retirement choose to flee!
I also don't think many of the youth are reading this forum so doubt the person you are attacking will have much affect on them by stating his/her opinion here. You post without stating your name (and me too) will have no affect on the youth...they face too many other real challenges than posts on this site!
The youth read this more than you think.
Student

United States

#49 Feb 17, 2013
Yes, we students read this. Sometimes we think the English and punctuation on these posts are really funny...other times pathetic. But, you should read some of the things Mr. Shaw and Mr. Long print out for faculty and students. Not good. Some teachers try to clean them up when reading but sometimes it is not possible. Shaw is okay as long as you ignore him. He thinks he is a dictator and people are scared of him but my friends just laugh at him. Holding that baby, constantly frowning, trying to buddy up to some of the popular students. He is a joke. Wish I had a better principal who would make the teachers and students work harder.
responding

Cherryvale, KS

#50 Feb 17, 2013
Can anyone tell me why he always seems to have the little boy? Does his wife work? Now don't call me sexist, but usually the wife takes care of the little ones. He ought to be making a big enough salary so she doesn't have to work unless she wants to work.

Since: Oct 10

Independence, Kansas

#51 Feb 17, 2013
Student wrote:
Yes, we students read this. Sometimes we think the English and punctuation on these posts are really funny...other times pathetic. But, you should read some of the things Mr. Shaw and Mr. Long print out for faculty and students. Not good. Some teachers try to clean them up when reading but sometimes it is not possible. Shaw is okay as long as you ignore him. He thinks he is a dictator and people are scared of him but my friends just laugh at him. Holding that baby, constantly frowning, trying to buddy up to some of the popular students. He is a joke. Wish I had a better principal who would make the teachers and students work harder.
Just an observation...if you are a student at IHS, then you have better grammar and express yourself better than most of the people that go to school out there. Keep up with your studies and good luck in the future...

As a former employer of graduates of the local school system, I was horrified at the grammar used in reports that were required of my employees. Some could not write a complete thought on paper that made any sense.
Student

United States

#52 Feb 17, 2013
Not to brag, but I have some really good teachers at IHS and I have a mother who is very aware of correct English both spoken and written. I can't tell you the number of times she has made sit at the kitchen table and re-write my assignments. Now that I am a junior I take pride in trying to sound and write correctly.
But, thank you and thank the teachers and my Mom.

Since: Oct 10

Independence, Kansas

#53 Feb 17, 2013
Student wrote:
Not to brag, but I have some really good teachers at IHS and I have a mother who is very aware of correct English both spoken and written. I can't tell you the number of times she has made sit at the kitchen table and re-write my assignments. Now that I am a junior I take pride in trying to sound and write correctly.
But, thank you and thank the teachers and my Mom.
Parents who take the time to work with their children on school studies are few and far between these days and are the key to the complete education of our youth.

Give your mom a hug...
Curious

Olathe, KS

#54 Feb 17, 2013
Student wrote:
Not to brag, but I have some really good teachers at IHS and I have a mother who is very aware of correct English both spoken and written. I can't tell you the number of times she has made sit at the kitchen table and re-write my assignments. Now that I am a junior I take pride in trying to sound and write correctly.
But, thank you and thank the teachers and my Mom.
Some things are worth bragging about! Good teachers deserve to
be bragged on. And as for your Mom, you are blessed!! Give her a big hug and thank her, sounds like she is pretty lucky too!
student 2

United States

#55 Feb 22, 2013
Student wrote:
Yes, we students read this. Sometimes we think the English and punctuation on these posts are really funny...other times pathetic. But, you should read some of the things Mr. Shaw and Mr. Long print out for faculty and students. Not good. Some teachers try to clean them up when reading but sometimes it is not possible. Shaw is okay as long as you ignore him. He thinks he is a dictator and people are scared of him but my friends just laugh at him. Holding that baby, constantly frowning, trying to buddy up to some of the popular students. He is a joke. Wish I had a better principal who would make the teachers and students work harder.

As well as a vice principle who isn't a habitual liar. Not many have true respect for either of them.
fan it out

Wichita, KS

#56 Feb 22, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt anyone would choose to retire based on comments posted on Topix...that is laughable to say the least. When things get crazy in a building and nepotism takes over many wonderful teachers eligible for retirement choose to flee!
I also don't think many of the youth are reading this forum so doubt the person you are attacking will have much affect on them by stating his/her opinion here. You post without stating your name (and me too) will have no affect on the youth...they face too many other real challenges than posts on this site!
We both post without stating our names but only one of us is intelligent enough to understand the difference in anonymously posting on a person using their name and anonymously bashing another anonymous poster. So I guess the joke is on you. Come back after a little re-education.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2017 Election Results 10 min Carlos 70
City to purchase land for $250,000 2 hr ghost town coming 5
Cherryvale is the Neodesha of Montgomery County 3 hr Huckleberry Hound 19
Full Time City Treasurer/Accounting Clerk Position 15 hr this aint tulsa 4
Indy Pile of Crap Reporter (Oct '15) 15 hr this aint tulsa 138
Borovetz catching up 17 hr gtc 3
Trump lies again and again and again 17 hr WTF 13

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Independence Mortgages