New in town

United States

#1 Oct 13, 2012
I am new to the area and wanted to know what there was to do around this area for fun.
WOWzers

United States

#2 Oct 13, 2012
New in town wrote:
I am new to the area and wanted to know what there was to do around this area for fun.
Nothing
curious minds

Independence, KS

#3 Oct 13, 2012
$50 bucks says "New in town" is not new in town at all, but merely just wanted to start another crap on Indy thread...
worst dress man

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Oct 13, 2012
Find a good church
zoo man

Coffeyville, KS

#5 Oct 13, 2012
go to zoo and throw cat on monkey island
Cat Thrower

Ingleside, TX

#6 Oct 14, 2012
zoo man wrote:
go to zoo and throw cat on monkey island
That's funny shit, I saw this happen in late 80's when I moved here. Great time!!!
truth decay

United States

#7 Oct 14, 2012
In the interest that you are sincere, I'll reply. Neewollah is coming up starting the end of this week and lasts for a week. There is all sorts of fun events for anyone who is not cynical. There is a great park and Zoo which is very nice for a city this size. There are two nice lakes, Elk City which is west of town and Big Hill Reservoir which is about 10 miles east. And contrary to what you find on this forum, there are a lot of good people in this town. Many with quality senses of humor.

Since: Jan 12

Independence, KS

#8 Oct 14, 2012
Welcome to Indy. There are a lot of friendly people here who have welcomed me warmly. Have you considered volunteering to a worthy cause - the city website lists several volunteer opportunities including AWOL, the animal shelter, and the downtown library. Incidentally the library is a great resource--it's well stocked and has a helpful staff.
who done it and why

Independence, KS

#9 Oct 15, 2012
Nice looking dog. Is he burnett or lignon?

Since: Jan 12

Independence, KS

#10 Oct 15, 2012
who done it and why wrote:
Nice looking dog. Is he burnett or lignon?
He is Alex Burnett.
New in town

United States

#11 Oct 15, 2012
Thank you to those with positive responses. I was wondering about the churchs in town. Any recommendations.
Saved

Coffeyville, KS

#12 Oct 15, 2012
Tyro Christian in Tyro always has good things going on. Minister has been there over 40 years. You can get a sample by listening to his sermons on the net

www.tyrochristian.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City to purchase land for $250,000 1 hr no see too 17
IDR football picture 13 hr Crusher 12
Trump: Not my president (Official Resistance Th... (Jan '17) Wed mhmm 155
2017 Election Results Tue Hoites Xmas lights 83
Tyson chicken plant in Kansas now on hold Tue ghost town coming 4
October 2017 Monthly Labor Report Mon ghost town coming 5
Cherryvale is the Neodesha of Montgomery County Nov 20 Huckleberry Hound 19

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance