Children in street at night by Upper Cut Boxing

Posted in the Independence Forum

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Mar 11, 2013
Concerned parent

Independence, KS

#1 Feb 1, 2013
One night about two months ago when I was driving by Upper Cut Boxing, there were about 12 very small children being allowed to run back and forth into the middle of the street. I had to stop so I wouldn't hit some of them. One night about two weeks ago, there were several small children in the same spot standing in the northbound lane at the same place. Last night when I drove by there, there were two middle school aged girls standing in that same lane who wouldn't move so I had to drive around them. I don't mind doing whatever it takes to avoid hitting children, but I'm scared to death someone else may accidentally not do the same. I don't know if these people are connected with Upper Cut or just happen to be in that area, but if you are a parent with children at that place at night, please, please, please tell the people in charge you don't want your children in the street.(Does anyone know if the sponsors like USD 446 of that place to be sued if a child was hit?)
Now What

Parsons, KS

#2 Feb 1, 2013
Upper Cut is a boxing club not a day care it is not the club at fault when someone walks out that door,it is the parents for not teaching the kids to be more responsible.
Maybe not

Independence, KS

#3 Feb 1, 2013
Now What wrote:
Upper Cut is a boxing club not a day care it is not the club at fault when someone walks out that door,it is the parents for not teaching the kids to be more responsible.
If the people watching the kids are volunteers for Upper Cut I think the club could be held responsible. Besides that, people sue and win ridiculous lawsuits all the time, so can't see why this would be any different.Next time, call the police.
OMG

Independence, KS

#4 Feb 1, 2013
Kids play in the street all the time. I grew up playing football in the street. They were working out. STFU and mind your own business. the kids will be fine.
Concerned parent

Independence, KS

#5 Feb 1, 2013
OMG wrote:
Kids play in the street all the time. I grew up playing football in the street. They were working out. STFU and mind your own business. the kids will be fine.
Kids may play in the street all the time but some of those same kids end up getting hit by cars, especially when it is dark. You may have played football in the street, but kids who play football in the street today and don't watch out for cars may end up being run over by someone talking on a cell phone, texting, changing music on their stereo system, eating, putting on make-up, or doing the dozens of other things they shouldn't be doing while they're trying to drive. It's my business because the person who gets hit sues the driver, the driver's insurance company helps pay the huge judgment against the driver, and ultimately my insurance rate goes up.
really

Independence, KS

#6 Feb 1, 2013
WIth what is happening in the world right now. Wars, mass shootings, abortions, down economy, I think the least of our worries should be kids playing in the street..
molesters

Independence, KS

#7 Feb 1, 2013
those arent kids, those are actual child molesters. as in children who molest. dont stop, lock your car doors and keep driving. most importantly dont make eye contact. they can look into your soul and the next thing you know they will molest you.
splitting hairs

Independence, KS

#8 Feb 1, 2013
Thank You for your concern. "concerned parent" but seriously I think people are just splitting hairs and looking for a reason to hate on Henry williams and hate on uppercut boxing club. The kids who go there enjoy it. Just ask them. They should change the name from topix.com to hateonhenrywilliams.com . Your concern is appreciated however the kids will be fine. They are kids. Let them play in the street
Okay

Independence, KS

#9 Feb 1, 2013
splitting hairs wrote:
Thank You for your concern. "concerned parent" but seriously I think people are just splitting hairs and looking for a reason to hate on Henry williams and hate on uppercut boxing club. The kids who go there enjoy it. Just ask them. They should change the name from topix.com to hateonhenrywilliams.com . Your concern is appreciated however the kids will be fine. They are kids. Let them play in the street
So anytime someone brings up a point to be raised against him they're just "hating on him"? You need to learn the difference between hate, and concern.
never know

Wichita, KS

#10 Feb 1, 2013
This controversy reminds me of Nowa Littlesum a couple years ago. Everyone in town fell for his "kindness". Never know the whole story. Of course he's going to put on a front to get as much donations and sponsors.
Bath Salts

Wichita, KS

#11 Feb 1, 2013
If the kids aren't moving out of the street, keep going just go slow. First time they get a little bump, that will teach them respect. Because in the end, that is what these kids not moving is all about.
huh

Independence, KS

#12 Feb 2, 2013
really wrote:
WIth what is happening in the world right now. Wars, mass shootings, abortions, down economy, I think the least of our worries should be kids playing in the street..
no worries until a kid gets hit and everyone b*tches because someone should have been watching and doing something about it.
Old Timer

Independence, KS

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Parenting of small children in the past:
Now, children, do not play in the street because you might be hit by a car and hurt very badly.

Parenting of small children today:
Don't worry about it...go play in the street. If you get hit by a inattentive driver of a car or Mack truck, we'll hope it's just a little bump.
FF Charles

United States

#14 Feb 2, 2013
Old Timer wrote:
Parenting of small children in the past:
Now, children, do not play in the street because you might be hit by a car and hurt very badly.
Parenting of small children today:
Don't worry about it...go play in the street. If you get hit by a inattentive driver of a car or Mack truck, we'll hope it's just a little bump.
Don't forget ....or else we will just sue them.
methusula

Wichita, KS

#16 Feb 2, 2013
Concerned parent wrote:
One night about two months ago when I was driving by Upper Cut Boxing, there were about 12 very small children being allowed to run back and forth into the middle of the street. I had to stop so I wouldn't hit some of them. One night about two weeks ago, there were several small children in the same spot standing in the northbound lane at the same place. Last night when I drove by there, there were two middle school aged girls standing in that same lane who wouldn't move so I had to drive around them. I don't mind doing whatever it takes to avoid hitting children, but I'm scared to death someone else may accidentally not do the same. I don't know if these people are connected with Upper Cut or just happen to be in that area, but if you are a parent with children at that place at night, please, please, please tell the people in charge you don't want your children in the street.(Does anyone know if the sponsors like USD 446 of that place to be sued if a child was hit?)
Did you ever give any thought to notifying the police. Might have more of an effect than just posting about it on Topix.

Since: Oct 10

Independence, Kansas

#17 Feb 2, 2013
Bath Salts wrote:
If the kids aren't moving out of the street, keep going just go slow. First time they get a little bump, that will teach them respect. Because in the end, that is what these kids not moving is all about.
Don't agree...the first time anyone so much as "bumps" a kid in the street, they will get a tag number and report you to the cops as a hit and run.

Be proactive, not stupid...call the cops when you see them in the street and tell them what you saw.

...Of course, you have to play twenty questions with the dispatcher to do that...can't just report a problem anymore, they have to know your life history...
Concerned parent

Independence, KS

#18 Feb 2, 2013
methusula wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever give any thought to notifying the police. Might have more of an effect than just posting about it on Topix.
I posted my concern on Topix hoping some of the parents of those tiny children would learn about the situation and visit with the people in charge of the children about keeping them safe and out of the street.I didn't even think about calling the police but will do it the next time it happens.Thanks to everyone giving me that idea.
o really

Chanute, KS

#20 Mar 11, 2013
Tiny children huh so what your saying is theres 3 and 4 year olds running in the streets i highly doubt it!!! most of the kids that go there are teenagers or just a bit younger i know this, my neice and nephew both attend and there are group pics posted frequently on uppercuts facebook page!!!!! these "tiny kids" as your tryna call them were conditioning er go running back and forth!!!! to try and complain 2 months later after there is another topic forum about henry is rediculous and thats what it comes down to more bitching and groaning!!!! i would think if you already know that they use the street youd have more of a notion to take a different route its not like you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to go down 6th!!!! your just tryna stir up more crap!!! concerned parent more like nosey parent bored parent huh lets worry bout our own kids if your soooo.... concerned and let every1 else worry bout theirs you see how this works?????????? they are children your the "adult" hows about we act like it!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Professor at ICC 21 min J T 16
Frankies Dawgs under new direction 31 min Trump 30
This quote is essential when it comes to how th... 4 hr lol 75
Riverside auto affairs 5 hr just saying 10
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) 6 hr He Is Back 277
Bitches in this town 7 hr Kirsten 3
ghost town coming 8 hr Town full of morons 14
•••
•••
•••

Independence Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Independence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE