Expert: Mom on trial for murder tried...

Expert: Mom on trial for murder tried suicide three times

There are 2 comments on the CNN story from Nov 3, 2009, titled Expert: Mom on trial for murder tried suicide three times. In it, CNN reports that:

INDEPENDENCE, Iowa- Michelle Kehoe suffered from severe depression for 12 years before she killed her toddler son, attempted to kill her other son and tried to kill herself in October 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Jul 08

Des Moines, IA

#1 Nov 8, 2009
Yes, I will comment. I am a senior who has given my entire life to mental health; dx and rx.
There once was a state hospitla in Independence which should have saturated the area and its resources with vital info on detecting symptoms and acting early.
We just had a boy not far from your area kill his high school coach. He, like this lady, had symptoms sticking out all over the place and in many ways.
Yet, we the sheep do nothing. The friends, neighbors, observers of these symptoms unbelievably don't know what to do. They just observe and gossip.
Whenever you see or hear of symptoms like these two situation, for God's sake ACT. Take time out of busy money making and go find their family doctor, a clinic, go see the County Attorney, go until you find someone who will intervene ---- For God's Sake if no other.

“GOD BLESS”

Since: Dec 09

Jesup Iowa

#2 Dec 17, 2009
malachy wrote:
Yes, I will comment. I am a senior who has given my entire life to mental health; dx and rx.
There once was a state hospitla in Independence which should have saturated the area and its resources with vital info on detecting symptoms and acting early.
We just had a boy not far from your area kill his high school coach. He, like this lady, had symptoms sticking out all over the place and in many ways.
Yet, we the sheep do nothing. The friends, neighbors, observers of these symptoms unbelievably don't know what to do. They just observe and gossip.
Whenever you see or hear of symptoms like these two situation, for God's sake ACT. Take time out of busy money making and go find their family doctor, a clinic, go see the County Attorney, go until you find someone who will intervene ---- For God's Sake if no other.
well i think the fact that she tried multiple times should of been a red flag...she tried to drive her van with her two children into the river. i actually live about 5 minutes from where she killed her son...i fish the wapsipinicon up there, very sad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pup Sicle. :'( (Jan '15) Nov '16 PePpAnA 2
News Two Arrested on Kidnapping Charges (Aug '07) Oct '16 somedude 17
Quasqueton Music Thread Oct '16 Musikologist 1
Josh on a skateboard (Jul '15) Jul '15 Kentucky 1
News Hay bale fire reported in Buchanan County (Dec '14) Dec '14 anon 1
mental illness. Peers helping peers (Aug '14) Aug '14 corrinaBaxter 1
News Lee Blessing's INDEPENDENCE Opens Tonight at Lo... (Jun '14) Jun '14 daxton 1

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Independence Mortgages