At the North Shore: Couple charged in $1.5 million Internet scheme

Full story: Tahoe Daily Tribune

A former Incline Village couple charged with scheming to defraud people of more than $1.5 million are set to stand before a U.S. district judge in March.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of44
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LIZ HELMS SISTER

Clarksville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Well,i don't know about all that because i don't talk to her that deep about it.I wasn't there and had not been in her life for many years when all this was going on,so i can only go by her word that she didn't know. And at this point,it really doesn't matter,she has been sentenced. You know,people do change and if your heart is truly in tune with GODS word,he does forgive her. Who is the 75 year old man?
The man with a farm where my nieces ride horses?It seems like u must have personal contact with her to know her business. Is this Darin's parents?
who know

Incline Village, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Wow, someone is out to get Jennifer. Would that be Darin & the Frenchs'? If he was a real man he'd admit he was responsible & let her raise these girls, but who ever said he was a "real man"? I never met anyone so evil as he, I had heard there were but why? did I need to meet him? Once evil most of the time you stay that way. As to Jennifer, before she met him she was a stripper but she did work for the $$$, not take others just cause you could & would. As to these children, they will be ok, God does look out for His faithful, they belong to Him, He gives them to us for a short time, He watches over them & loves them & will put good people in charge, not the Frenchs', look where their son is & they raised?? him. May they find peace & leave Jennifer & the girls alone!!
who knew

Incline Village, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

Unfortunately one main info was let out, before Jennifer met Darin she had never done anything wrong but atlas, together they made-up for that. Many people were destroyed but remember God does hold all of us accountable, He does forgive but there is restitution to be made? May everyone find peace in their lives & move forward, the past can only be the past, time makes life ok. God bless!!
interested

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2012

I am talking about the present right now. Not the past. She has been asked, begged and pleaded by this 74 year old mans wife. Yet she continues to see him. Even after her pastor has talked to her. So instead she chooses not to go to church anymore. The past also shows character, I'm not saying people can't change. But even if your parents don't have a relationship with you then there is an obvious problem. She even ripped the girls from their grandparents hearts. How sad the girls and their grandparents must feel.
LIZ HELMS SISTER

Clarksville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

As far as Jennifer ripping the girls away from his parents,there is a lot you are not aware of as to the dynamics of that family.The father abuses the mother just as much as Darin did Jen. AND,best reason of all is look at the swell job they did with Darin! How do u know that she has quit going to church and why would the man be more then friend's with her and her children. Is there jealousy there by the wife and so she is letting her mind play games here? I know who u are now and i guess i'd ask you why are u even involved in it?
interested

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

You have no idea who I am. We don't choose who are children will become. You can't blame Darins parents for the person thatdidn't he became and unless you have witnessed things first hand like I have then who are you to judge. When was the last time you seen your sister and witnessed the things she does? Jealousy? Really, is that what a wife should feel because her husband who she has been taking care of and taking him to all if his doctor appointments and loving him, feeding him, and talking care of him the easy a loving wife should. To not getting anything in retun and always wanting to do everything for your sister. He was also a very affectionate loving husband to not carrying at all about his family or his grandsons. Only about the 5 girls that he loves and only them. Not even telling his own wife that he loves her. Are they having a sexual affair? No, but look up affair and alienation of affection. That's what your sister is doing.
LIZ HELMS SISTER

Clarksville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

First of all i do know who you are and you are trying to create problems for Jennifer since you are part of the family of Richard and im sure that you are hurt if he has said he will still see the girls and Jen.Those little girls did nothing wrong to you all.They are innocent,so why blame them?
You know,we all know how men can be! They can be a loyal husband/boyfriend and then in one head turn to a pretty girl and off they go! If any of this is true,the BLAME must be put on Richard. He is the one doing whatever. Only he can start or stop and if he choose's not to,then there isn't anything to be done.
She couldn't do ANYTHING,if she is,without him allowing it.
I'm sorry that your family is hurting,there are 2 sides to every story,you know?But i just think before blame and finger's are pointed,clean your own house first.Go to the sorse(Richard)that allows it.
interested

Mt Meadows Area, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Oh Richard is to blame for sure. But your sister should be adult enough to tell him to stay away. For her sake, the childrens sake and everone elses! She allows him to come over still and "see his girls." Yes, there are two sides and if your sister felt bad at all she would try to fix things with the wife, but she could care less about her feelings at all.
interested

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2012

Looks like she is getting time finally! Hallelujah! To bad it's not the same amount as Darin.
interested

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

You really must not know your sister at all. She must have done something to you in the past to make you not be that close. I'm glad you have forgiven her but you still don't know her and what she does to other families. No this is not the frenchea. Yet I do feel sorry for those little girls for them being ripped out of their grandparents hearts. How sad those poor girls must feel. I can't imagine the lies she told them about not being able to see their grandparents. And they don't ride horses with the 74 year old. They just call him Daddy. Is that appropriate? Jennifer allows these things. She has caused these things. She is more manipulative than anyone I have met. She tries with all men too. They just see thru it. Good bless the smart men.
Liz Helms

Clarksville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

She isn't getting as much time as Darin because maybe he was the mastermind of it all? Good ridance to him,i say. And the grandparents made no effort to seer the girls so why should Jennifer? When they had them,all they did was yell at them and tell them not to mess up their precious house.Nice!
Trust me,they feel no sadness,in fact they use to cry when they had to go there.
You all seem to be wasting a lot of time and energy and i for one,don't like to do that,won't do it and i suggest everybody move on.
Richard does what Richard wants,he is a grown man and i don't know him but he must feel some kindly connection to the girls and what is wrong with that?
If i was the wife,i'd try to be a bit more friendly and reach out to them.Keep your friends close,enemies closer ya know? The wife is the one that makes it easy to do by pushing it all.More ya complain,the more you want to get away from. I still say there were problems between wife and him b4 this happened.
Now i don't want to waste any more time here and suggest that you all move on instead of pushing the situation on.It serves no purpose and not for us to be involved or judge. God will do that.Take care of yourselves.
interested

Mt Meadows Area, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

You sound just as stupid as your sister. You must have had an awesome upbringing yourselves and I wonder what your life was like to make you both this way. She said your father did horrible things to her, maybe that is part of it, but I am not even sure that I believe that either. Like I said before you are not here, you don't see it. So you have no basis to know what is going on. Back to the original about this subject in the news paper. I feel sorry for these little girls that they will have to be with their manipulative, cheating, stealing mother and not with someone that can teach them right from wrong. Because Jennifer and Darin obviously don't now that!
LIZ HELMS SISTER

Clarksville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

First of all,i am not stupid and i haven't said anything negative to you so since you do not know me,i'd appreciate you not saying nasty things to me.I left home at 14,so i wasn't around with Jennifer growing up.I'm 54 years old and i do not know where life went wrong for her. I had a decent childhood up til 13.
As far as i know,life was good for Jen. Darin and her were just not good together as obviously,we know. I do not know who did what. I wasn't there,i live in Ohio and haven't seen Jennifer in YEARS!! I don't know who did what ok? And i do not know the truth of whatever is going on today.I have tried to be nice to you,in fact when i just read this,my first tht was screw you lady,but i assume you all have some very real issues going on and i am sorry. But there isn't anything that i can do or say that would change the situation.All i can do is let you air out your grieveances and try to be understanding as i have been. Please keep comments to your self on being stupid,ok?
interested

Mt Meadows Area, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

I appologize to you for saying that you are as stupid as you sister. You are obviously not. I was just angry that you would stand up for your sister as most of us would. But I do know when my sister is wrong and it sounds like you are finally saying that she possibly is wrong. I can tell you right now that she is so manipulative and so wrong in her doings that she is believing that she has done no wrong at all. Yes I hate to see my mother in law going through what she is right now when she is 68 years old and she already lost her first husband in 2000 and had to watch him die. Now she has to watch Richard be so manipulated by your sister and slowely lost his affection. Sure there were things that weren't good in their marriage, but isn't there in every marriage? Richard won't last but another few years for he is ill also. I feel very sorry for him as he can't see what Jennifer is doing to him. All he can see are those little girls who love him so much and I feel sorry for them, because once Jennifer gets out of prison and feels like she is free. She will leave Richard and take the girls right out of his life like she has to everyone elese that has loved them. And she will make up horrible lies about Richard to them so that they won't feel so bad about seeing him. She will lie, cheat and still for the rest of her life, because this is who she is. God help anyone that comes into her path. Once again, I appologize for calling you stupid. I was and am very angry at the hell that my mother in law is living and what Jennifer has brought to our family. I would take the girls in and take care of them if I could, just to make sure that they are well taken care of.
LIZ HELMS SISTER

Clarksville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

I accept your apoligy and thank you for it. You certainly do have an advantage over me by knowing her there versus what i know about her. Its my sister and we all want to believe the best but we are not stupid,i don't believe anyone in the whole mess with Darin was innocent but what good does it do for me to point fingers? I just don't know what all they did together. I believe many were hurt and for that i am very sorry.
Rather then post on here which is so public,my actual email is "helmsliz@yahoo.com" and you can send me notes there ok? I don't like to put this all out for others to read. Thanks.
very interested

Shingletown, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

what has happened to her appeal? Why is such a person still walking free?? Who is this 70+ year old guy who hangs out with little girls. Really??
very interested

Shingletown, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

I am trying to locate Richard. How can I reach him?
interested wrote:
I appologize to you for saying that you are as stupid as you sister. You are obviously not. I was just angry that you would stand up for your sister as most of us would. But I do know when my sister is wrong and it sounds like you are finally saying that she possibly is wrong. I can tell you right now that she is so manipulative and so wrong in her doings that she is believing that she has done no wrong at all. Yes I hate to see my mother in law going through what she is right now when she is 68 years old and she already lost her first husband in 2000 and had to watch him die. Now she has to watch Richard be so manipulated by your sister and slowely lost his affection. Sure there were things that weren't good in their marriage, but isn't there in every marriage? Richard won't last but another few years for he is ill also. I feel very sorry for him as he can't see what Jennifer is doing to him. All he can see are those little girls who love him so much and I feel sorry for them, because once Jennifer gets out of prison and feels like she is free. She will leave Richard and take the girls right out of his life like she has to everyone elese that has loved them. And she will make up horrible lies about Richard to them so that they won't feel so bad about seeing him. She will lie, cheat and still for the rest of her life, because this is who she is. God help anyone that comes into her path. Once again, I appologize for calling you stupid. I was and am very angry at the hell that my mother in law is living and what Jennifer has brought to our family. I would take the girls in and take care of them if I could, just to make sure that they are well taken care of.
Liz Helms

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Who exactly are you asking to locate this man? Me?
very interested

Shingletown, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Hello. I was just putting a general note out here to see if anyone knew how to reach him. A last name or anything like that would help.
Liz Helms

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

very interested wrote:
Hello. I was just putting a general note out here to see if anyone knew how to reach him. A last name or anything like that would help.
I am Jennifer's sister and i do not know Richard,only of him. Are you related to him or why do you want info on him,can i ask? Wouldn't he be at home with his wife and family?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of44
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Incline-Village Discussions

Search the Incline-Village Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Nevada in... (Oct '10) Wed The right is wrong 776
NV Who do you support for Governor in Nevada in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr 13 MikeMike 134
Mesquite 7th best place to live Feb '14 kirk24230 1
Incline Village Music Thread (May '12) Jan '14 Musikologist 14
Wyeth Seeks New Trial in Nevada Prempro Case (May '10) Sep '13 Adelice 3
Swim race at Sand Harbor Sunday (Aug '13) Aug '13 SJH 1
NV Who do you support for Attorney General in Neva... (Oct '10) Apr '13 Duh 25
•••
•••
•••
Incline-Village Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••