At the North Shore: Couple charged in $1.5 million Internet scheme

Full story: Tahoe Daily Tribune

A former Incline Village couple charged with scheming to defraud people of more than $1.5 million are set to stand before a U.S. district judge in March.
Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Mar 30, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lisa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

I am one of their "victims" and I hope they find them guilty of every charge and return my $10,000.00!! Prison is too good for them!!
greene

Grass Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2008

Jennifer French and Darin French also stole money from me too. I consider it theft because at the time of my 'purchase' she knew they never had any intention of delivering the products. Prison is too good for them because they knowingly defrauded people of their hard earned cash, then reinvested it into other business & property. This is one case where Nevada business laws may need to be revisited to protect the individual rather than the businesses, it has been way too long in getting these people. We should get our money back plus interest on the money (they made money off our money) in addition to the pain and extra money we had to spend to get the appliances they were supposed to deliver.
Nlake

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2009

Now bubba gonna get even.
usagal

Elkton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2009

and did you hear the latest, they got off!
Info seeker

Gardnerville, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

usagal wrote:
Look in the Reno Gazette Journal, August 12, 2009. Search Darin French.
liz helms

Troy, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

usagal wrote:
NO ONE GOT OFF AND THIS IS PROBABLY ONE OF MY SICK RELATIVES WRITING THIS. THE HUSBAND IS IN JAIL ALREADY FOR 3 YRS AND STANDS TRIAL WITH HER IN DEC. FOR MORE TIME,LIKELY!!
KNOW YOUR FACTS.(TERESA)
Minuteman Mexican Hunter

Shingletown, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Lisa wrote:
I am one of their "victims" and I hope they find them guilty of every charge and return my $10,000.00!! Prison is too good for them!!
would you like to buy the grooklyn bridge ?
Sale this week only
Trees

Abingdon, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

liz helms wrote:
<quoted text>
NO ONE GOT OFF AND THIS IS PROBABLY ONE OF MY SICK RELATIVES WRITING THIS. THE HUSBAND IS IN JAIL ALREADY FOR 3 YRS AND STANDS TRIAL WITH HER IN DEC. FOR MORE TIME,LIKELY!!
KNOW YOUR FACTS.(TERESA)
(Hey dingy, I NEVER wrote anything..talk about sick, you qualify!!!)
Info

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

Darin got sentenced to 12 yrs in fed prison in addition to the 3 years received for Maytag fraud. My only concern is for their 4 young daughters and hope there is some good family support for them..
Mooseheadxsbcglo balnet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2011

Info wrote:
Darin got sentenced to 12 yrs in fed prison in addition to the 3 years received for Maytag fraud. My only concern is for their 4 young daughters and hope there is some good family support for them..
I as well was personally affected as there were children that take the brunt of the punishment. Was informed of Darin's sentence but not Jennifer's. Do you know the result of her sentencing? I was a juror on this case in Feb. 2011
Liz Helms

Bellbrook, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Mooseheadxsbcglobalnet wrote:
<quoted text> I as well was personally affected as there were children that take the brunt of the punishment. Was informed of Darin's sentence but not Jennifer's. Do you know the result of her sentencing? I was a juror on this case in Feb. 2011
Jennifer will not be sentenced until Feb.2012. Darin received 14 years and must serve at least 12 of those.
If you were a juror,can you tell me why you convicted her? What was it that convinced you that she was involved in it too? I am her sister.I am just curious wondering why. Thanks,Liz Helms
Liz Helms

Bellbrook, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Mooseheadxsbcglobalnet wrote:
<quoted text> I as well was personally affected as there were children that take the brunt of the punishment. Was informed of Darin's sentence but not Jennifer's. Do you know the result of her sentencing? I was a juror on this case in Feb. 2011
DID YOU RECEIVE MY EMAIL POST HERE? MY MAIL SAID SOMEONE RESPONDED ON THIS BUT I DO NOT SEE A RESPONSE?
interested

Mt Meadows Area, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

Can you tell me how she didn't know about what was going on? Why isn't she isnt in prison with him? How is she still.
LIZ HELMS SISTER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

AND HOW CAN YOU PROVE THAT SHE DID KNOW? MAYBE THAT'S EXACTLY WHY SHE ISN'T LOCKED UP,THERE IS TOO MUCH EVIDENCE THAT SHE DIDN'T DO THE CRIMES,DARIN AND HIS GIRLFRIEND DID.
FEEL FREE TO RESPOND,LWAYS LIKE TO HEAR WHAT PEOPLE ASSUME THE TRUTH TO BE.
interested

Mt Meadows Area, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Why isn't the girlfriend in Prison also then?
interested

Mt Meadows Area, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

She was also found guilty. I just don't know how he is locked up already and she wasn't?
LIZ HELMS SISTER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

I believe she turned states evidence against Darin and was given ammunity from any jail time.
LIZ HELMS SISTER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

My post above is in reference to the girlfriend,not my sister. My sister was given the same option,tell on Darin and she would not receive jail time and unfornunately,she chose to stand by him.
The FBI wanted Darin. As far as Jen,all i can say is the punishment for her seems to reflect the extent of her involvement. He received 12- or more years.She received 2 and its on appeal right now. If the judge thought she was that guilty,don't you think she'd be right where he is?
In all of this mess,i care about my 4 little nieces and how no one thought of the harm to them from all of this. We all make mistakes,some bigger then others.
interested

Mt Meadows Area, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Judged:

I agree about the little girls, it's heartbreaking. But the simple fact is they should have thought about the fact that they would eventually get caught. Everyone does. Wether she told on him or not it shouldn't change the fact that she did know what was going on and that is a crime also.
interested

Mt Meadows Area, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Judged:

I'm hoping that you can still read these and you get an alert about what a home wrecking bitch your sister is. She thinks that she is a Chistian woman and that she is so perfect now after everything that she has done to people. Now she is having an affair with a 74 year old man. Probably because she thinks that she is going to get some type of money from him once he passes away. I am sure that is why she is doing what she is doing. After all she was a stripper in Las Vegas when she met Darin. Wow, what a wonderful example she is setting for her little girls. Those girls would be better off in foster care than being raised by a manipulative bitch. Or better yet with their grandparents.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Incline-Village Discussions

Search the Incline-Village Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Nevada in... (Oct '10) May '14 Sgt Peppers 785
Incline Village Music Thread (May '12) May '14 Musikologist 15
NV Who do you support for Governor in Nevada in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr '14 MikeMike 134
Mesquite 7th best place to live Feb '14 kirk24230 1
Wyeth Seeks New Trial in Nevada Prempro Case (May '10) Sep '13 Adelice 3
Swim race at Sand Harbor Sunday (Aug '13) Aug '13 SJH 1
NV Who do you support for Attorney General in Neva... (Oct '10) Apr '13 Duh 25
•••
•••
•••
•••

Incline-Village Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••