Lakewood Apartments
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Stormy

United States

#1 Mar 24, 2006
I am considering moving into a Lakewood Apt. Can anyone tell me if these apartments are unsafe because of crime?

The rent is real reasonable, and the apartments seem very nice. They are subsidized by the government, and would be a good start for me.

Anyone ever live in Lakewood?
Evia

United States

#2 Nov 14, 2006
Oh I hope you decided against moving here. This place is a hell hole my friend.
There is so much crime here it's unreal, apartments are constantly getting broke into, cars are getting stolen, there is drug dealing everywhere going on. The police are out here constantly trying to patrol the mess that is Lakewood Apartments.
The management is awful, she does absolutely nothing to control this nightmare complex. And when the warm weather comes.. just forget about it, it's like the ghetto or something all the tenants roam around the parking lots, blast loud music and with the kids running the streets day and night, no parents in sight.. ya don't move here, you will regret it.
Unknown

AOL

#3 Dec 6, 2006
I would think twice about moving to Lakewood unless Baumann changes staff. Yes, this is apartment living,(as I was told) but what you have to deal with in there is horrible. I, and several other tenants has complained about the unruly kids, noise, etc. with nothing being done. I have written letter after letter to complain about the noise above me going to all hours of the night. I expect apartment noise but when you have unsupervised kids roller blading, bouncing balls, jumping off of bunk beds, and just plain rough housing, only to have the manager tell you, "this is apartment living". No this isnt apartment living. This is staff that doesn't want to come out of their offices because their affraid of confrontation. And then to make matters worse, you have to have a parking sticker just to park in front of the buildings. If you don't have one, they claim they will tow you vehicle. I really don't think they checked with their attorney about this. But then they will let hoosiers park in fire lanes, or just plain ole make a non existant parking spot their own. I could go on and on but I think everyone will get the jist of this.
Gardener

O Fallon, IL

#4 Dec 6, 2006
Suggestion, form a tenant's organization, elect officers and file formal complaints. Don't let ignorance prevail. Keep calling the police, report every incident, keep track and document everything. I believe these are subsidized apartments? If so they are under HUD rules. If you don't get any satisfaction, fle complaints with HUD. People in real estate say "Location, location, location." If you cannot change the physical location of where you live, you can change its condition. Don't let it become a crime-ridden ghetto like other complexes. Fight for a good and decent place to live and run the crumb bums out of there. Usually roaches can't stand the heat and move on when it gets too hot.
Unknown

AOL

#5 Jan 23, 2007
To comment on the last posting December 3, 2006 from Gardener. You suggested to file formal complaints, well I have, 6 times. Only to be told that this is apartment living. I am subject to the woman upstairs letting her children rough house, rollerskate and scream all night long. I have tried to reason with the manager, only to fall on deaf ears. I have seriously thought about breaking my lease. I am willing to deal with the consequences. I have plenty of documentations to back this up. My next step is to get in touch with the housing authorities, the property owners or the company that hires the managers.
unknown

AOL

#6 Feb 7, 2007
This place is Unprofessional in all that they do !! I WOULD HOPE NO ONE MAKES THE SAME MISTAKE THAT I DID BY MOVING IN ! I'M SO HAPPY THAT MY LEASE CAME UP AND WE MOVED OUT !! IT IS A HORRIBLE PLACE TO LIVE ! Its sad that I paid rent all those months and hardly stayed at the apartment because I couldn't. My family and I would get no sleep. Or We would have to park up on a hill about half a mile away from our apartment because that was the closest parking spot! Since they allow anyone and everyone park where ever. I never once seen them tow anyone's car away, just threaten is all they do. The management staff LIES ! They DO LIVE THERE THEMSELVES AND THEY ARE SOME OF THE PEOPLE THAT ARE PARTYING ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT, WITH OTHER TENTANTS !! They NEVER lost my RENT Checks, Because I Did take advice from someone and NEVER dropped my off in the "BOX" I handed someone my check each month, that way I could get a receipt. Unlike my friend who thought it was convenient to drop her's off in the box, she had it lost each time and was charged late charges for this. I can go on forever about this place and its all negative. Please, you make think this place is saving you money but, in the long run its not. Your better off looking for another place.
unknown

AOL

#7 Feb 7, 2007
Stormy wrote:
I am considering moving into a Lakewood Apt. Can anyone tell me if these apartments are unsafe because of crime?
The rent is real reasonable, and the apartments seem very nice. They are subsidized by the government, and would be a good start for me.
Anyone ever live in Lakewood?
I hope you didn't decide to move into this hell hole !
Sherry

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Feb 7, 2007
They don't call it Lake-Hood for nothing !

Still doesn't look to bad, but it is only a matter of time !
Steve

Festus, MO

#9 Feb 21, 2007
To further expose this, I have placed this discussion under the "places to stay" section here:

http://www.missouriscenicrivers.com/Pevely.ht...

Great topic to inform everyone!

Steve
OhHellNOOO

United States

#10 Mar 10, 2007
Don't do it for the love of God, Lakewood is the Ghetto of Jefferson County. It blows massive.. I can't wait to get out of this dump but I will never forget the nightmare that this place is. I've got just one more month to go so I can be free of the lazy LAZY fat irresponsible manager, the hoodlums running the streets, the criminals, drug dealers, crappy workmanship on the apartment units themselves... ok you get the gist of it.
Marley

New Melle, MO

#11 Apr 10, 2007
I was wondering why the majority of you people complaing are doing it annonymously?
Marley

New Melle, MO

#12 Apr 10, 2007
And I DID in fact call the Jefferson County Sherriff's Department. They said that there are alot of young residents there and there are drugs coming in and out. If the management is so poor, then I suggest if you are a current resident to contact Baumann (?) take pictures, document everything and do what needs to be done to change this.
Jewlia Gist

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Jul 5, 2007
My Husband and I lived here for 12 months... it was HORRIBLE!! Our windows would sweat so bad there was MOLD and we were informed it was due to cheap windows and to bleach it!! My husband had to fix our A/C 6 times!! My neighbors NEVER took the trash out and our apartment always stunk. People parked illegal and I could NEVER get out of my parking spot!! It was TRASHY TRASHY TRASHY!! Our apartment started falling apart less than 3 months after we moved in. We were charged $25 for a piece of mail on the ground with our address but not our name.... its a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE place... Do NOT move into this hell hole!!
Hansol Moon

San Jose, CA

#14 Jul 9, 2007
I'm cool with moldy walls and poor plumbing and all (because i'm a messy person). But i hate how they charge you UNFAIRLY

They once tried to charge me 5 thousand dollars, when their poor plumbing finally flooded the place. I immediately called the technician, but the guy (i think his name was Jose or something) was taking pictures of flooded place saying that we overflowed the bath tub since the drain is working fine(drain wasn't working fine! he kept the water running to show us that drain was working great therefore causing more flood) and said we will be charged for all the damages done. But thanks to a nice plumber who told the staffs that it was a plumbing failure we were free of all charges(he even said that they don't make the pipes for the apartment anymore because it's so old so he has to customise one everytime he has to fix the plumbing)

I even took the picture of the worn out pipe

They only care about exterior of the old building, trying to make it look new (no one would rent the old building if they hadn't painted and changed the carpet every week or so) So the interior is HORRIBLE!!! There are a lot of mold and mushrooms growing beneath the bathroom tiles and the pipes always leak once in 3 weeks or so.

i moved out of that trash dump few month ago. Now they won't give us our 500 dollars deposit back and trying to charge us with 578 dollars saying that we messed up that place.

Also. that place is very unsafe. I heard more than 5 gunshots when i used to live there. And I don't mean those target practicing gunshots during the day time. I heard a loud bangs during the middle of the night. I got so scared i couldn't go out to use the gym for months.

Don't get infatuated by the vacation place-like surroundings. THE PLACE IS DANGEROUS

Anyone who's thinking about renting that dump, i advise you not to go even NEAR that place

Image 1
Manda

Kansas City, MO

#15 Jul 14, 2007
I agree, it's horrible, and to complain to management or even the police is to no avail. In the 12 months that I lived there my brand new car was hit by a drunk a driver, I heard gun shots, there were numerous drug dealings, unsupervised children, a major silverfish infestation, and the list goes on. Now that I have moved out and lef the apartment cleaner than when I moved in its been more than 30 day and no word on my deposit. I WILL be taking them to small claims court. STAY AWAY!
unknown

United States

#16 Dec 29, 2007
I am glad that I read these comments. I was thinking about moving in to these apartments. They look nice on the outside and I thought why not. But then I found this site and have decided against these particualr apartments. I have children and I definatley do not want them around that kind of enviroment. So, THANK YOU, for your comments.
Doris

High Ridge, MO

#17 Dec 30, 2007
Try Avion Ridge they are real nice apartments
Jen

Osage Beach, MO

#18 Jan 4, 2008
I live in Lakewood and have no problems...i have only been there for four months but for the price you pay it is very reasonable! I have lived in south county apartments and kirkwood apartments and to tell you the truth i like lakewood the best. Plus it is the cheapest...why move to avion ridge and pay an extra 100-200 a month for almost the same apartments...its not like you can pick your neighbors so you are always going to run a risk of having bad neighbors...if you cant take it BUY A HOUSE!
Doris

High Ridge, MO

#19 Jan 5, 2008
Hey Jen,
Wait till summer, you may have a different opinion....but you can't pick your neighbors when you buy a house either....
Corri

United States

#20 Mar 19, 2008
DO NOT MOVE HERE! They stole my money illegally, refused to give it back, threw papers in a fit, and laughed and taunted us! We just filed with the BBB against them. I repeat, do NOT move here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy l holweg (Aug '13) 5 hr dreamgurl9399 5
Free Babysitting 11 hr Zoom Lens 5
tonya and vivian 22 hr seeing double 1
Bruce Jenner Thinks He's a Woman Now Tue Needs counseling 5
Illegals (May '10) Mon Pizzarat 69
You know you're wife is too controlling when: Mon heavy weight shocks 6
Telegraph road speed limit Mon luvhockey 4
More from around the web

Imperial People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE