The Smell of Bully
Honestly

Arnold, MO

#21 Jan 7, 2013
I hope that business owner calls the cops next time you come slithering around, Doris. If it were me, I certainly would.

And Doris, please. The legal world is a very small world. The attorneys often know one another. Many times they even attended law school together. It doesn't mean there's anything untoward going on. Just because you have an adversarial relationship with everyone you meet, it doesn't mean everyone else does.
Letusnamenames

United States

#22 Jan 7, 2013
If there were complaints then it sounds like Doris was doing her job AND the job of the building department.

Good job on keeping up on the complaints.
Real Clear

Arnold, MO

#23 Jan 7, 2013
Honestly wrote:
I hope that business owner calls the cops next time you come slithering around, Doris. If it were me, I certainly would.
And Doris, please. The legal world is a very small world. The attorneys often know one another. Many times they even attended law school together. It doesn't mean there's anything untoward going on. Just because you have an adversarial relationship with everyone you meet, it doesn't mean everyone else does.
Everybody in town knows who the snakes are around here and Doris isn't one of them.
Chris

Saint Louis, MO

#24 Jan 7, 2013
Doris Borgelt wrote:
Doesn't really matter what I have done, do or will do, you will try to run me into the ground. So have your fun. I did nothing wrong. You might want to check into the "relationship" between the the attorney representing the Gold Buyer and the attorney representing the city that evening. Seems they have a VERY cordial relationship. So cordial there is a looong embrace, can you say set up?
Are you trying to change the subject, Doris? Is your best defense to go on the offensive about something totally irrelevant? There must be a conspiracy of all attorneys against you. Is that what you're implying? Don't use your innuendos. Name names. Slander away!
Letusnamenames

United States

#25 Jan 8, 2013
Chris,

They are related as it all has to do with the gold buyer.
FeD uP

United States

#26 Jan 8, 2013
Doris Borgelt wrote:
Doesn't really matter what I have done, do or will do, you will try to run me into the ground. So have your fun. I did nothing wrong. You might want to check into the "relationship" between the the attorney representing the Gold Buyer and the attorney representing the city that evening. Seems they have a VERY cordial relationship. So cordial there is a looong embrace, can you say set up?
It seems as though instead of working to make Arnold a great community, all Doris is doing is stirring up the doo doo.
Flamm City

Arnold, MO

#27 Jan 8, 2013
FeD uP wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems as though instead of working to make Arnold a great community, all Doris is doing is stirring up the doo doo.
Someone has to do it. There is so much swept under the rug a Hoover won't do it or a Shop vac. According to you we need one of those septic trucks that goes around and sucks all of the crap out of the tanks. Yep, maybe she needs to start using one of those and make this process of elimination(of the old back room stench) go faster.
Ignorant

Imperial, MO

#28 Jan 8, 2013
I was at the past council meeting and if it weren't for Doris catching an error by city employees the city of Arnold would still be using a tree trimmer that did not have a business license. Say what you want about her but as an elected official I believe she has every right to make sure people are up to snuff. Instead of using the "word" of the 2013 "bullying" why don't you give it a thought. If no one checked on these people, your city could become a burning pile of poo.

What is it with every time someone challenge anyone it's bullying. You all need to grow some thicker skin and stop. This sue happy bullying world is what got you in this place.

Doris has brought more to light in this city then you people care to know. I myself can personally say Doris has done her research and has her facts correct 98 percent of the time before she ever opens her mouth. If she is wrong she says she is. What more do you people want?
Knobloch

Arnold, MO

#29 Jan 10, 2013
Ignorant wrote:
I was at the past council meeting and if it weren't for Doris catching an error by city employees the city of Arnold would still be using a tree trimmer that did not have a business license. Say what you want about her but as an elected official I believe she has every right to make sure people are up to snuff. Instead of using the "word" of the 2013 "bullying" why don't you give it a thought. If no one checked on these people, your city could become a burning pile of poo.
What is it with every time someone challenge anyone it's bullying. You all need to grow some thicker skin and stop. This sue happy bullying world is what got you in this place.
Doris has brought more to light in this city then you people care to know. I myself can personally say Doris has done her research and has her facts correct 98 percent of the time before she ever opens her mouth. If she is wrong she says she is. What more do you people want?
The simple answer is, they want her to go away. They have wanted her to go away for over five years. She has stuck it out, she doesn't quit, doesn't stop fighting for the people. You may not agree with her a hundred percent of the time, but you have to admit she consistently takes what they dish out and knocks them down with the facts they so often try to hide.
Looks to me like she has managed to change quite a few things in this city and bring a lot of things out in the open that many were not aware of and actually listens to the people and business owners. Hopefully she will continue fighting the good fight.
Letusnamenames

United States

#30 Jan 10, 2013
Let's get one fact straight. She doesn't always listen to the citizens. For example, the truck lot. She was for it even though the citizens clearly stated they did not want it. She will support things that helps her friends even though the Citizens clearly state they don't want it.

She needs to set her ego aside and handle things more diplomatically and with tact. She needs to put that ego aside and drop the I'll do it my way attitude and listen to advice others give her to handle things better which will give her more believability. If not then the city will continue to be a laughing stock.
remember when

United States

#31 Jan 11, 2013
Letusnamenames wrote:
Let's get one fact straight. She doesn't always listen to the citizens. For example, the truck lot. She was for it even though the citizens clearly stated they did not want it. She will support things that helps her friends even though the Citizens clearly state they don't want it.
She needs to set her ego aside and handle things more diplomatically and with tact. She needs to put that ego aside and drop the I'll do it my way attitude and listen to advice others give her to handle things better which will give her more believability. If not then the city will continue to be a laughing stock.
Hmmm says you. Is that what you do ? What the citizens say ? Is that why first Baptist runs the town ?
Are their rules, regulations, laws that have to be followed ? Do you follow any laws or do you only let a business in that you like ? They have good lawyers for folks like you.

What makes you qualified to be giving all this big advice ?
The city is a laughing stock ! And until the councilmen that are threatening to ruin the others lives if they don't vote with them are off there. It will continue to be !

I've read many things doris has written on here and in the newspaper. She is factual, direct and to the point. Very intelligent in her writings and in my opinion can keep up with any of them including the lawyer. so what's the problem ? I agree I think there mad she ain't go away so they can get back to sneaky business as usual.

Oh and make it clear I am not doris !!!
Vicky

Arnold, MO

#32 Jan 12, 2013
Would love to know more about the gold buying business and its owner.

What kind of gold do they buy? Bars? Scrap jewelry? Silverware? Coins?

Is this Arnold's first one? Gold is at a high right now, so the business will probably do really well and be there for years, if not decades.

Surely the owner wants to work WITH his fellow business owners, and encourage his customers to be good citizens, rather than obnoxious abusers.(Especially if he's going to be around Arnold long-term.)
Vicky

Arnold, MO

#33 Jan 12, 2013
ps: I mentioned silverware because one of my neighbors had her gold flatware stolen--the thief sold it in Crestwood to some kind of gold-buying store. Of course when the police recovered the flatware, the store took the hit for quite a bit of $$ they'd paid out to purchase it.

They went after the thief for what they'd paid for the stolen mdse. and made the thief pay it all back--which was hard to do from jail.
Letusnamenames

United States

#34 Jan 12, 2013
It isn't the Baptists that run this town, let's get that straight. However, when citizens say they don't want a truck lot in their back yard because it causes a noise nuisance and a smell pollution or a billboard (as I once saw a story in the Leader) because of light pollution into their houses you should back the citizens and not allow it to happen. One required reining and the other required a variance so they were not even allowed under the current ordinance. And those are facts.

And the advice is to help her know what she needs to do to appease the citizens if she is to be elected. Right now I've heard a lot of people say they like how she exposes corruption but the way she attacks and presents it is offensive and shameful. She needs to heed some advice somewhere because she is perceived to be just as bad as the current administration when it comes to bullying. She is perceived to be part of the problem and part of the childishness that is going on. She needs to cool it and have better presentation to get out of those perceptions and be elected.

However, she won't listen to anybody's advice because she is going to do things her way and she will tell you she doesn't care what others think. But, she better start caring and straighten up her act which includes losing the ego if she wants to get elected.
Out With the Old Cronies

Arnold, MO

#35 Jan 12, 2013
Where do you think the perception comes from? It is the way it has been portrayed by Bob Sweeney,,Phil Amato, Paul Freese, Bill Moritz and the Mayor in their propaganda arm fondly known to all at the Leader. Anyone who disagrees with their corrupt way of doing things is summarily passed off as a loon, or out to single-handedly destroy the City of Arnold.
Have you ever met her? Have you ever had a one on one conversation with her? You cannot even trust the posts on here with her name on them, anyone who speaks out must be her right?
Watch a council video and read what was put in the Leader, they don't match up. Remember the supposed shouting match? There was no shouting match, Phil kept running his mouth and she kept reminding the Mayor that he was out of order. The Mayor very seldom stops anyone who is out of order, unless they are talking against him or something he wants to do. Watch the videos, then talk with her, don't make blind and baseless accusations.
Also Sometimes the people are wrong. They were wrong in the case of the small business that wanted to go in on Telegraph and they were wrong on the billboard. There is a billboard right across the street from the one that was proposed and the city just sneaked that one right in without anyone's approval or a hearing. Rules only apply to certain businesses.
I go to council meetings, watch them on the computer and read the Leader, they don't match up. Are you saying she won't listen to you? Maybe there is a reason. She is intelligent, that scares some people, others recognize and respect it.
Chris

Saint Louis, MO

#36 Jan 12, 2013
Out With the Old Cronies wrote:
Where do you think the perception comes from? It is the way it has been portrayed by Bob Sweeney,,Phil Amato, Paul Freese, Bill Moritz and the Mayor in their propaganda arm fondly known to all at the Leader. Anyone who disagrees with their corrupt way of doing things is summarily passed off as a loon, or out to single-handedly destroy the City of Arnold.
Have you ever met her? Have you ever had a one on one conversation with her? You cannot even trust the posts on here with her name on them, anyone who speaks out must be her right?
Watch a council video and read what was put in the Leader, they don't match up. Remember the supposed shouting match? There was no shouting match, Phil kept running his mouth and she kept reminding the Mayor that he was out of order. The Mayor very seldom stops anyone who is out of order, unless they are talking against him or something he wants to do. Watch the videos, then talk with her, don't make blind and baseless accusations.
Also Sometimes the people are wrong. They were wrong in the case of the small business that wanted to go in on Telegraph and they were wrong on the billboard. There is a billboard right across the street from the one that was proposed and the city just sneaked that one right in without anyone's approval or a hearing. Rules only apply to certain businesses.
I go to council meetings, watch them on the computer and read the Leader, they don't match up. Are you saying she won't listen to you? Maybe there is a reason. She is intelligent, that scares some people, others recognize and respect it.
I thought you didn't have time to post on this forum, Ms Borgelt.
Pat

Saint Louis, MO

#37 Jan 13, 2013
Out With the Old Cronies wrote:
Where do you think the perception comes from? It is the way it has been portrayed by Bob Sweeney,,Phil Amato, Paul Freese, Bill Moritz and the Mayor in their propaganda arm fondly known to all at the Leader. Anyone who disagrees with their corrupt way of doing things is summarily passed off as a loon, or out to single-handedly destroy the City of Arnold.
Have you ever met her? Have you ever had a one on one conversation with her? You cannot even trust the posts on here with her name on them, anyone who speaks out must be her right?
Watch a council video and read what was put in the Leader, they don't match up. Remember the supposed shouting match? There was no shouting match, Phil kept running his mouth and she kept reminding the Mayor that he was out of order. The Mayor very seldom stops anyone who is out of order, unless they are talking against him or something he wants to do. Watch the videos, then talk with her, don't make blind and baseless accusations.
Also Sometimes the people are wrong. They were wrong in the case of the small business that wanted to go in on Telegraph and they were wrong on the billboard. There is a billboard right across the street from the one that was proposed and the city just sneaked that one right in without anyone's approval or a hearing. Rules only apply to certain businesses.
I go to council meetings, watch them on the computer and read the Leader, they don't match up. Are you saying she won't listen to you? Maybe there is a reason. She is intelligent, that scares some people, others recognize and respect it.
Reputations are 'earned', not 'given'.
Hello again

Arnold, MO

#38 Jan 13, 2013
Weeelll then here you have ole Bob Sweeney who earned the title of a swindler, milking the city out of hundreds of thousands of dollars and bought his job back, Bill Moritz has earned the reputation of being a moron who just hates Doris and has started keying and can't stop, Phil Amato has earned from droning on the reputation of being old, full of himself and the king of back room deals, threatening candidates from the fire district and others, the Mayor has earned the reputation of just a bump on a log who goes along with all of this nonsense. He ran on cleaning up city hall, looks like he is just cleaning up. He gave Bourisaw hundreds of thousands, the last joker that left the city 70,000, now he's trying to give away even more money. How much is he going to end up costing the city before he gets run out of office?
Letusnamenames

United States

#39 Jan 14, 2013
Yes, I have met and talked to her.

The truck lot required rezoning and the citizens didn't want it. I attended the meeting(s). She still pushed for it. The billboard required a variance for being too close to houses. Yes, there was another billboard already up in violation by her "enemies", but a lot of citizens including my girlfriend spoke out against it. Doris still pushed for it. My girlfriend said that even though they talked to her and explicitly told her hey didn't want it she just said she would research it when really she was pushing for it. When the citizens don't want something you don't push for it to prove a point, you listen to the citizens and let it go. That was a personal vendetta for her.

When I spoke to her she was very crass and rude. You are blaming others for painting the picture of her in the Leader. Well, believe me, those pictures are right. I saw that after talking to her and hearing others (not city employees or council, just citizens) talking about her and their personal experiences with her.

I know that you are most likely Doris. In the one post you went out of your way stating you weren't her when nobody brought that up. It's a sign of a guilty conscience. You need to get over yourself and calm down if you ever want to be elected. Citizens don't like corruption. It they don't like in your face politics either.
Letusnamenames

United States

#40 Jan 14, 2013
And by the way, the citizens were not wrong. They were given the chance to say whether they wanted it or not in both cases and in both they said no. For someone that got themself elected on the "I'll listen and do as the citizens want" sure didn't in those cases where there was overwhelming citizen response. You can't make that statement and then say the citizens are wrong when they don't want what you want to do. It doesn't work like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greedy arrogant neighbors Thu Really 4
Crystal city Thu Really 2
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) Thu Flying Pigs 81
hiding kids Aug 26 seeit 1
Why do people in trailer parks (Mar '09) Aug 25 Cancer Every Where 42
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Aug 23 showman 1,289
Illegal Digging in Missouri (Sep '12) Aug 22 Check Fraud 63
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Imperial Mortgages