How about banning fireworks?

Posted in the Imperial Forum

Fireworks Hater

AOL

#1 Jan 30, 2010
How about banning fireworks in Jefferson County. Whos all for it? I know I am!
MandaJ

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jul 4, 2010
I know I am! I have a 6 month old trying to sleep while my neighbors are trying to put the professional firework shows to shame.
Dan

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jul 5, 2010
Lets do it
wow

Bloomsdale, MO

#4 Jul 5, 2010
Dont be so sour, manda J try letting ur child watch the fireworks, Let me guess ur gonna say they r dangerous!!!! DONT GET CLOSE TO THEM!!!! why ruin the fun for everyone else..... my kids love to watch fireworks.... get a life and try to b happy. u have to b lonely or just plain ignorant to want to ruin fun!!! was u jealous they were shooting and u werent!!!!!
barnhartred

Osage Beach, MO

#5 Jul 5, 2010
you 3 loosers need to get a life and quit trying to ruin everybody elses
Ogriv

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Jul 5, 2010
There are pros and cons to every situation... fireworks are pretty and they are noisy and they can be destructive... I don't think anyone wants to ruin anyone elses fun.. but when you live in a close neighborhood try to consider your neighbors feelings and sensitivities. A 6 month old baby would not enjoy the display., as most go to bed near 8 pm when the big booms start..A lot of people are considerate and knock off the noise at 10 pm but others continue into the wee hours of the morning ( 2 am for 3 nights near my home) Some states outlaw personal fireworks and only have large contained venues free of charge for the masses.(Florida and Arizona are 2 states I know of) I myself feel it's a huge expense I'd rather not spend my money on..it pollutes the air and I usually end up cleaning my yard up daily for the time period the fireworks are on sale.. others have had fires and or explosions hurting the fireworks handlers. I prefer not to have any accidents or my house burned down.. I keep a water hose handy! I'd vote for exemption to personal fireworks... but I'd also like to live on a hundred acre farm where there are no close neighbors..(that probably won't happen) so I continue to be nice to my neighbors and hope they return the kindness. To Mandy with the baby ...maybe take the baby for a ride until the fireworks are over if at all possible.. sounds like your neighbors like it loud!
Rick

Viburnum, MO

#7 Jul 6, 2010
I've noticed that there aren't as many people doing fireworks in my neighborhood. 5 years ago I was driving home on the 4th and I couldn't see through all of the smoke. This year it was much better. I like fireworks but I agree that they should stop after midnight.
wow

Bloomsdale, MO

#8 Jul 7, 2010
i even think 1030/1100 would b a good time to stop them but not ban them
rights

Saint Louis, MO

#9 May 31, 2011
I couldn't care less about someone's "right" to shoot off fireworks. Whatever happened to my right to sleep during the summer without my idiot neighbors shooting off bombs? If they had their music up too loud they could get cited, but they can shoot off bombs all year long night or day. If people had more sense to control themselves it wouldn't be a problem. Problem is people are ignorant and don't care about anyone but themselves so they need to be policed.
Grumpy

Saint Louis, MO

#10 May 31, 2011
stop them now;;;;;;;;;;;

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#11 Jun 6, 2011
They can't shoot them off all year long. Only from very late June to July 5th. Second, people are careless and should be held responsible for property damage caused by the fireworks they shoot off.
citizen of Arnold

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jun 6, 2011
Fireworks are only permitted during certain hours and during a short span of days before 7/4, and one day after. That being said, this is the customary way of marking important festivals, and American Independence is one of the best things to celebrate. Fireworks are pretty, entertaining, and fun. I hate that a few wet blankets have to make such a big deal out of something so traditional and fun.
citizen of Arnold

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jun 6, 2011
This year's 6 month old baby NEXT year will be an 18 month old baby. A few years after that, he or she will be 4, 6, 10 years old and probably LOVE the sights and smells of July 4 celebrations.

But of course it would all be banned by then....
oh man

Arnold, MO

#14 Jul 11, 2011
They only people that would like to ban fireworks are the old, the young that have little ones and a few of the people that have no children but can't allow themselves to have fun one time a year. I do however think they should stop by ten and maybe midnight on the 4th. If we are talking about banning them because of noise then we should ban motorcycles also because I have PLENTY of neighbors that own those darn things that come home in the middle of the night and wake me up. If it is thier right to ride then it is my right to shoot.

“Not actually a tattoed biker”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#15 Nov 4, 2011
Banning fireworks? What's next? Let's ban Christmas! Let's ban ALL birthdays! Let's ban Independence Day (that movie was terrible)!

Or, let's ban stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal Digging in Missouri (Sep '12) 17 hr NoSenseOfCommunity 39
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) 22 hr sowrong 1,234
Places for rent Fri chillin like a vi... 2
value village Apr 17 Mike 4
Rand Paul for US President Apr 17 NotBuyingIt 4
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) Apr 17 Carter Drive 53
Where's Doris? Apr 16 GolfBall 68
More from around the web

Imperial People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]