Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Clive

Arnold, MO

#1784 Apr 26, 2013
Sam Ferry: Any update on discovering who was behind the Troop ID that defamed you for weeks?

Rumor has it that the Superintendent is seeking other employment. Would that have anything to do with "Troop's" identity?
David

United States

#1785 Apr 27, 2013
remember when wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone that reads it will decide for theirself.
As for the rest blah blah blah......
Did he or did he not vote for the uneducated mickey d bag stuffer? Indeed he did. Needs to go!
Stick a fork in it your done!
Yes they can decide for themselves. By the way, anyone stop to see how the new employee is really doing "on the job"? I hear from some inside that she is doing a great job and most like working with her.

Guess that doesn't matter in this "kangaroo court".

By the way, I understand Mr Smith is getting an "appointed" position in Jefferson City working with education and that is the reason he will not seek election on the BOE next time.
Sam Ferry

United States

#1786 Apr 27, 2013
Clive wrote:
Sam Ferry: Any update on discovering who was behind the Troop ID that defamed you for weeks?
Rumor has it that the Superintendent is seeking other employment. Would that have anything to do with "Troop's" identity?
No update, and no I do not believe that has anything to do with it.
Common Sense

Arnold, MO

#1787 Apr 27, 2013
David wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they can decide for themselves. By the way, anyone stop to see how the new employee is really doing "on the job"? I hear from some inside that she is doing a great job and most like working with her.
By the way, I understand Mr Smith is getting an "appointed" position in Jefferson City working with education and that is the reason he will not seek election on the BOE next time.
You just don't get it. She was NOT THEN AND IS NOT CURRENTLY QUALIFIED for that job!
Sam Ferry

United States

#1788 Apr 27, 2013
David wrote:
<quoted text>
You my friend are not far enough "inside" if that is what you've heard. I have heard that she is not qualified, and does not have a clue what she is doing! What does not matter with the public are the self serving clowns that defend her hiring! And does it really matter what Mr. Smith is going to do as long as he is off the board? That is what I would call a win, win situation.
for the right reasons

Shawnee, KS

#1789 Apr 27, 2013
What do you all think about a night watchman that they hired for Seckman high? I never saw tis posted, I wonder who he is related to and how much is he being paid. He started this week end.
Your

Saint Louis, MO

#1790 Apr 27, 2013
for the right reasons wrote:
What do you all think about a night watchman that they hired for Seckman high? I never saw tis posted, I wonder who he is related to and how much is he being paid. He started this week end.
So, you crab about vandalism and the price of cleanup and now crab about prevention of vandalism. How can everyone be made happy? I don't think it's possible. Maybe it is a temporary job through the end of the school year to get past senior prank season.
Apu

San Jose, CA

#1791 Apr 27, 2013
Your wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you crab about vandalism and the price of cleanup and now crab about prevention of vandalism. How can everyone be made happy? I don't think it's possible. Maybe it is a temporary job through the end of the school year to get past senior prank season.
If every student received a free college scholarship to an Ivy league school, C-6 posted the best MAP / EOC scores in the history of academia, and every graduate raved about what a great experience c6 was...posters will still get on topix and complain.
Sam Ferry

United States

#1792 Apr 27, 2013
Apu wrote:
<quoted text>
If every student received a free college scholarship to an Ivy league school, C-6 posted the best MAP / EOC scores in the history of academia, and every graduate raved about what a great experience c6 was...posters will still get on topix and complain.
Simple fact is students don't receive any of those things. You always act as if no one has a valid complaint except you, and all you complain about are people. The complaints about nepotism, abuse of power, lack of transparency you have never disputed with any credibility. You just complain about the people who point those things out. And of course you have yet to explain who you are, what relation you have to Fox C-6, and why the posters here are not valid. Easy to act as if you are "above it all" when you hide who you are!
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#1793 Apr 28, 2013
I for one would be thrilled to see Mr Smith not run again. I hope Mrs. Nash follows suit.
Mary

United States

#1794 Apr 28, 2013
Ssdd wrote:
I for one would be thrilled to see Mr Smith not run again. I hope Mrs. Nash follows suit.
So you are saying it is a better thing that Mr. Smith gets to make his "education decisions" in Jefferson City at a higher level for our district?
Apu

Fenton, MO

#1795 Apr 28, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple fact is students don't receive any of those things. You always act as if no one has a valid complaint except you, and all you complain about are people. The complaints about nepotism, abuse of power, lack of transparency you have never disputed with any credibility. You just complain about the people who point those things out. And of course you have yet to explain who you are, what relation you have to Fox C-6, and why the posters here are not valid. Easy to act as if you are "above it all" when you hide who you are!
Not so!

I have said (several times, in fact) that I did not like the food service hire.

It's comments like the one above: "Related overpaid night watchman" that irk me. No fact, no validity, just sensationalism.
Apu

Fenton, MO

#1796 Apr 28, 2013
Sam, I am indiscriminate in berating nonsense posts.
This includes the thread accusing you of taking olfactory pleasantries from your own flatus.
Forum Watcher

Arnold, MO

#1797 Apr 28, 2013
Apu wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know what was mentioned above is not going to happen, not without some major changes. Accountability from the board of education, administration, staff and students! Openness is what is needed. When you had a one room schoolhouse, there were NO secrets, everyone knew who was responsible, there was no hiding anything. You have students being thrown into joint classes with students who have behavior disorders, hence the students who don't have problems with acting out are slowed down by those who do. Then if the students who have behavior disorders(lack of discipline) get too outrageous, they are rewarded with a separate school, where they can be as disruptive and outrageous as they like and it is tolerated. This is all done in the name of lowering the drop out rate.
Students don't speak out, they fear retaliation. Teachers don't speak out, they fear retaliation, lower administrators don't speak out, they fear retaliation, they know if they speak out their positions are in jeopardy. They didn't get those positions because of what they know or how good they are at their jobs, they got them because the queen and her court decided to bestow them upon them! As quickly as they were given, one wrong word or move and they can be taken away. Some of them are very good at their jobs, but the reason they got them is because they are trusted to not rock the boat. Others have lost their positions because someone didn't like what they said or did. Others keep their position because administration needs them to police the others. Ah what lessons are our children learning?
Apu

Fenton, MO

#1798 Apr 28, 2013
None of what you quoted from my earlier post is going to happen under any circumstances, ever.

The slant I was taking is that:

1. There are some legitimate complaints in this thread.
2. There is some absolute slander and sensationalism in this thread. Not by all, but by some.

Those posts are not meant to bring light to something that needs addressed, but instead are meant to discredit. Mainly due to personal vendettas.

With some, they will always be angry, no matter what choices the board or admins make, even when they're the correct ones.

I am not arguing that the leadership has not erred in some cases by any means.

Here's a prime example of where I get aggravated: Fox hires someone (I don't know who) to watch the grounds overnight during prank season.

I've heard people chirp that "They should have done that before the vandalism!"

"I'll never vote for another bond issue!"

Then the recent insinuation: "They hired a relative and totally overpaid him to watch the campus!"

Did they? I don't know, but I want facts, not speculation. Some posters on hear obviously WANT to be mad.

Can you see where I'm coming from?
again

United States

#1799 Apr 28, 2013
Forum Watcher wrote:
<quoted text>We all know what was mentioned above is not going to happen, not without some major changes. Accountability from the board of education, administration, staff and students! Openness is what is needed. When you had a one room schoolhouse, there were NO secrets, everyone knew who was responsible, there was no hiding anything. You have students being thrown into joint classes with students who have behavior disorders, hence the students who don't have problems with acting out are slowed down by those who do. Then if the students who have behavior disorders(lack of discipline) get too outrageous, they are rewarded with a separate school, where they can be as disruptive and outrageous as they like and it is tolerated. This is all done in the name of lowering the drop out rate.
Students don't speak out, they fear retaliation. Teachers don't speak out, they fear retaliation, lower administrators don't speak out, they fear retaliation, they know if they speak out their positions are in jeopardy. They didn't get those positions because of what they know or how good they are at their jobs, they got them because the queen and her court decided to bestow them upon them! As quickly as they were given, one wrong word or move and they can be taken away. Some of them are very good at their jobs, but the reason they got them is because they are trusted to not rock the boat. Others have lost their positions because someone didn't like what they said or did. Others keep their position because administration needs them to police the others. Ah what lessons are our children learning?
Whoop! You hit the nails on their heads! This is EXACTLY what is happening!
Sam Ferry

United States

#1800 Apr 28, 2013
Apu...Listen I actually do understand what you are saying. It is just so misguided. The reason this thread exists is because there are actual problems in this district. There has been and still is widespread abuse of power. Most everyone that works for the district has been affected by it either directly or indirectly.

Now you may not have that experience, and if so I'm glad for you. But that does not change the fact that they are abusing their power. Needless to say, because the abuse has gone uncorrected for so long that every single decision becomes suspect, by anyone and everyone. There are bound to be baseless claims and personal attacks that suspect when it comes to validity. BUT you are missing the big picture here! Reread Forum Watcher and nearly every other post on here and that is what is happening.Wether you like it or not it takes people being "mad" at these people in order to make some changes.

You are extreemly reserved in your "complaints" about the district, but your complaints about the posters carry a much greater degree of distain. Start a thread where you complain about complainers, this one is attacking a level of abuse that you have no knowledge of, and I for one am mad as hell about it!
Apu

Fenton, MO

#1801 Apr 28, 2013
Thank you for being wise enough to see where I am coming from. I, too, see why you and several others are aggravated about a couple of issues. No argument from my end there.

Peace to you all.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#1802 Apr 28, 2013
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying it is a better thing that Mr. Smith gets to make his "education decisions" in Jefferson City at a higher level for our district?
I will not be voting for him to hold any office. His decision to NOT RUN again is the best decision he's made since he began his tenure with the board.
Your

Saint Louis, MO

#1803 Apr 28, 2013
Apu wrote:
<quoted text>
APU, I totally thought you typed this in sarcasm font. Was I wrong? It seems everyone else took you literally.

And yes, C-6 does rob Peter to pay Paul in order to look good in the stats department. Any teacher would agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hotties at Philip 66 by dollar general 23 hr You bet 24
Child Molester working at Jeffers Collision Center (Dec '11) Nov 29 anon314 12
Neighbors Fighting At Bottom of Hill on Carter Nov 28 Property Rights 35
More Muslims In Fenton Nov 26 Back Again 15
Helicopter at heads creek church?? (Jun '13) Nov 26 Sad But True 45
If you eat sleep and breath the paranormal... (Nov '10) Nov 26 Ghost stories 4
Shepherd Mix Dog Running Loose Every Day Nov 24 Doomed Puppies 12

Imperial Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance