Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1524 Apr 7, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
As I see it Dianne now has two choices. First, she and Todd can keep huffing and puffing and trying to blow smoke up our, uh, chimneys. They can keep trying to convince us all that Kelly Nashís enthusiasm is enough to overcome her lack of credentials, degree and experience. The downside to this strategy, of course, is that a) it isnít true, and b) from Dianneís standpoint itís deleterious to her prospects for long-term job security. No one has ever accused Dianne of being stupid. After seeing what happened to the two BOE members unfortunate enough to be caught up in the political backlash to Linda Nashís personal jobs program she must know that if she hopes to keep her job after the next election in 2014 she needs to create a different message than the one her administration is putting out now.
Hereís the second option Ė tell the truth. Admit at least in private that Kelly isnít ready to run the department. Ask the assistant to put off her retirement a year or so to train her. The advantages to this strategy are a) that itís true, and b) it serves Dianne, it serves Kelly, and most importantly, it serves the children.
So why havenít Dianne and Todd already leaped to take whatís behind Door No. 2? Thatís easy: saving face. Despite the fact that by now they must taste awful, Dianne thinks sheíll look bad if she does anything other than continue mouthing the words Todd put in her mouth. But the taxpayers in Arnold made it pretty clear they donít believe Todd. Ask the two incumbents booted from office if they think the election might have turned out differently if it hadnít been for the Kelly Nash hire.
But letís be honest. We all feel embarrassed to admit we were wrong. So let Dianne spin this situation in such a way that gives Kelly the best chance of success and her mother-in-law and the rest of the BOE the best chance of keeping their jobs after April 2014. Let Kelly remain director but convince the retiring assistant director to return as co-director. If Dianne canít publicly acknowledge that Kelly isnít qualified let her put it in terms of how the assistant is a long-time, loyal Fox employee and her knowledge and institutional memory is simply too valuable to let slip away. I donít think it will hurt Kellyís credibility to admit that it would be to her benefit to be trained by an expert. If nothing else having an experienced co-director on site will give her more time to get her degree and will flatten the learning curve sheís got to be struggling with now.
The best way to save face is not to compound one mistake with another. The best way is to fix what went wrong in such a way that everyone gains something. Take advantage of Option No. 2 and Kelly becomes worthy of the title and the respect of her peers, the food service program is ultimately left in better shape (for which Kelly and Dianne can both take credit), and the children benefit from having an already outstanding program get even better.
Doesnít that sound better and easier than repeating on television and at every school board meeting for the next 12 months that Kellyís hiring was ďfar and awayĒ the best she and Todd could do?
I think this is a plausible solution, but only if the asst. is a co-director for a minimum of three years, and that seems a little pricey. For me admitting wrongdoing is easy once you're proven wrong. Owning what you have done is the one and only way to truly save face, everything else is a political calculation. But what you recomend is a far better solution than not acting at all. I hope someone with a brain has read what you have proposed here and at least plants the seed.
Aware

Kansas City, MO

#1525 Apr 7, 2013
How about the waste of money, spent on the shoulders of the districts taxpayers for Nash's salary? Are you forgetting this price tag?
Foxy Lona

Saint Louis, MO

#1526 Apr 7, 2013
Sam why do you keep stirring this up. Let everyone know that you, your wife, and son worked for the district. Should we question what your salary, your wife's salary, or son's salary is. What were your qualifications? Nepotism at best!
The Dunce Cap Goes To

Arnold, MO

#1527 Apr 7, 2013
Foxy Lona,
You obviously do not understand the concept of nepotism. Family members are allowed to work as employees in a district as long as they are not in a position to directly supervise or have the ability to hire or fire like the administrators and board of education do. Hence the superintendent should not have hired her boyfriend that was soon to replace her husband and his income in their household. Also Mrs. Nash's daughter in law should not have been hired as she did not meet the qualifications posted for the job and there were many truly qualified applicants, they just didn't have the last name of Nash.
Please look up nepotism and study the concept so you can understand how it applies in this situation so you will not continue to be the one wearing the dunce cap.
The Dunce Cap Goes To

Arnold, MO

#1528 Apr 7, 2013
By the way Foxy Lona,
Why do you say that Sam is stirring it up? Does the truth hurt? It doesn't matter that he or any of his family worked for the district or what their salaries were. He did not hire anyone, his wife did not hire anyone or his son did not hire anyone and they did not work WITH EACH OTHER DIRECTLY. Pretty soon all will be getting a dose of reality and truth. Surely there will be protests of how crazy anyone who speaks against this administration is, they probably will not understand how nepotism negatively impact our school districts and government. They will attack the character of those speaking out because they cannot defend the issues being brought out. The administration and it's supporters will try to distract everyone from the actual issues. There will be people making sure that things are kept on track.
Sam Ferry

Glencoe, MO

#1529 Apr 7, 2013
Foxy Lona wrote:
Sam why do you keep stirring this up. Let everyone know that you, your wife, and son worked for the district. Should we question what your salary, your wife's salary, or son's salary is. What were your qualifications? Nepotism at best!
I can only assume you've pulled some kind of Rip Van Winkle for the past six months. You're in love with this district and the undeniable nepotism? I say that's great, step out of the shadows and proclaim yourself, let them know you'll even ignore the truth to support their agenda! What do you have to fear by telling everyone who you are? You are on the side of the most powerful public legends of their own minds. Have some flippin nerve will ya! I actually am starting to think that there is no one left with any courage.
embarassed taxpayer

Saint Louis, MO

#1530 Apr 8, 2013
I feel we will be spending a lot of money for CRITCHLOW and NASH to save face. CRITCHLOW/$238,000.00 per/yr. and NASH/$65,000.00 per/yr. They are big girls, they will both screw it up this year,so we can replace 3 board members in April 2014. Then we will be in a position to terminate CRICHLOW's contract in "2015". From there, the MAJORITY of the board will be new to hire a competent SUPER to tackle a NEPOTISM POLICY and make EXCELLENT DECISION'S for the children,employee's and taxpayers of the FOX DISRICT.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#1531 Apr 8, 2013
@Sam. I'm not sure why people on her don't get it. It's not about saving face. It's having the courage to take out the trash. Every employee Diane has hired because of their name, relationship, or what's in t for her should be looked into. Staff without tenure needs to be reviewed. Ask Todd how many job descriptions he's dumb down. The board should be able to track that her husband, her daughter, her friends, nieces, and whom ever else. I have no problem with her hiring qualified people but the fry girl is beyond a stretch.

We need board members with backbones. I have no interest to save Diane's face. She should look bad. Like a complete dumb ass. I hope Elliot Davis is at school 10 times a week.

Critchlow needs to go this year. And her band of soldiers all need to be replaced. I mean Todd, Danny Boy, the idiot we picked up from desoto,mc cutcheon, and Tim Crutchley. Then we need to look at the administrators. Like the one at Antonia Middle. He was a gym teacher for a year, a librarian for a year, and poof he's now a principal at our newest school. Ridiculous.

And for those who think that there is going to big blow up because fry girl couldn't hack it your not going to get it. They will not let her fail, just as she won't let her middle school principal.
hippity hoppity

United States

#1532 Apr 9, 2013
Ssdd wrote:
@Sam. I'm not sure why people on her don't get it. It's not about saving face. It's having the courage to take out the trash. Every employee Diane has hired because of their name, relationship, or what's in t for her should be looked into. Staff without tenure needs to be reviewed. Ask Todd how many job descriptions he's dumb down. The board should be able to track that her husband, her daughter, her friends, nieces, and whom ever else. I have no problem with her hiring qualified people but the fry girl is beyond a stretch.

We need board members with backbones. I have no interest to save Diane's face. She should look bad. Like a complete dumb ass. I hope Elliot Davis is at school 10 times a week.

Critchlow needs to go this year. And her band of soldiers all need to be replaced. I mean Todd, Danny Boy, the idiot we picked up from desoto,mc cutcheon, and Tim Crutchley. Then we need to look at the administrators. Like the one at Antonia Middle. He was a gym teacher for a year, a librarian for a year, and poof he's now a principal at our newest school. Ridiculous.

And for those who think that there is going to big blow up because fry girl couldn't hack it your not going to get it. They will not let her fail, just as she won't let her middle school principal.
What problems have arisen at Antonia Middle? Maybe that ended up being a good hire. What problems could you have with McCutcheon?
Sam Ferry

Glencoe, MO

#1533 Apr 9, 2013
Ssdd wrote:
@Sam. I'm not sure why people on her don't get it. It's not about saving face. It's having the courage to take out the trash. Every employee Diane has hired because of their name, relationship, or what's in t for her should be looked into. Staff without tenure needs to be reviewed. Ask Todd how many job descriptions he's dumb down. The board should be able to track that her husband, her daughter, her friends, nieces, and whom ever else. I have no problem with her hiring qualified people but the fry girl is beyond a stretch.
We need board members with backbones. I have no interest to save Diane's face. She should look bad. Like a complete dumb ass. I hope Elliot Davis is at school 10 times a week.
Critchlow needs to go this year. And her band of soldiers all need to be replaced. I mean Todd, Danny Boy, the idiot we picked up from desoto,mc cutcheon, and Tim Crutchley. Then we need to look at the administrators. Like the one at Antonia Middle. He was a gym teacher for a year, a librarian for a year, and poof he's now a principal at our newest school. Ridiculous.
And for those who think that there is going to big blow up because fry girl couldn't hack it your not going to get it. They will not let her fail, just as she won't let her middle school principal.
Today is my sons last day with the district, better job, better people, so good for him. I was telling him this morning he will soon see how small mnded Fox C-6 is compared to the rest of the known earth. They have kept people in such a "fear state" for so long now that they actually thinkg they are a big deal. Most, if not all of the blame falls squarely on Dr. Critchlow but you are right in naming others in this administration, especially Tim Crutchley. He is the worst possible administrator in the history of Fox. A small man with a big brain, what a recipe for abuse he is. Ask anyone about the abuse and threats he has made! Just make sure you do it behind closed doors because he will absolutely fire them if he is challenged in any way! I have never,(NEVER) spoken to any individual in the maintenance or custodial dept. that does not despise the man. But most of them have been verbally abused by him or seen his horrible berating of others just before he fired them! He should be forced to take anger managemeny classes in the same way others in the past administration had to. He is a disgrace to management, and believe me I have personal experience with him!
embarassed taxpayer

Saint Louis, MO

#1534 Apr 9, 2013
Ssdd wrote:
@Sam. I'm not sure why people on her don't get it. It's not about saving face. It's having the courage to take out the trash. Every employee Diane has hired because of their name, relationship, or what's in t for her should be looked into. Staff without tenure needs to be reviewed. Ask Todd how many job descriptions he's dumb down. The board should be able to track that her husband, her daughter, her friends, nieces, and whom ever else. I have no problem with her hiring qualified people but the fry girl is beyond a stretch.
We need board members with backbones. I have no interest to save Diane's face. She should look bad. Like a complete dumb ass. I hope Elliot Davis is at school 10 times a week.
Critchlow needs to go this year. And her band of soldiers all need to be replaced. I mean Todd, Danny Boy, the idiot we picked up from desoto,mc cutcheon, and Tim Crutchley. Then we need to look at the administrators. Like the one at Antonia Middle. He was a gym teacher for a year, a librarian for a year, and poof he's now a principal at our newest school. Ridiculous.
And for those who think that there is going to big blow up because fry girl couldn't hack it your not going to get it. They will not let her fail, just as she won't let her middle school principal.
I Totally agree with you. The only reason this came to light, is HER/CRITCHLOW'S hiring practices finally caught up with HER. The unqualified food service director NASH was the final straw. NEPOTISM POLICY needs to be established A S A P.
Blah

Anonymous Proxy

#1535 Apr 9, 2013
Let's go back to Antonia Middle for a minute.... My child attended that school before we moved out of the district for this year.

The first year it was open, an incident took place, but no one will ever hear about it because of a confidentiality agreement.

While my child nor I had no problems at AMS while my child attended, I heard an awful lot of things about Mr. Willis. The parent consensus was that he was trying to "bully" them (and yes, they used that specific word) when he spoke with them.
embarassed taxpayer

Saint Louis, MO

#1536 Apr 9, 2013
That would be wishful thinking to get rid of SUPER/CTITCHLOW this year. We have only two board members with backbone, STEVE HOLLAWAY & DAN KROUPA. It will take more than two votes to get her OUT.
Sam Ferry

Glencoe, MO

#1537 Apr 9, 2013
Blah wrote:
Let's go back to Antonia Middle for a minute.... My child attended that school before we moved out of the district for this year.
The first year it was open, an incident took place, but no one will ever hear about it because of a confidentiality agreement.
While my child nor I had no problems at AMS while my child attended, I heard an awful lot of things about Mr. Willis. The parent consensus was that he was trying to "bully" them (and yes, they used that specific word) when he spoke with them.
I do not know the man, but I do know that all character traits run downhill, good bad or indifferent. The reason the term "bully" is tossed around so much by staff and parents is because it exists in the highest levels of the administration. When you have a super that calls out the lawyers to shut people up, and then looks you in the eye and says "Sam we never intended to actually bring a law suit against you", well that right there is the very definition of a bully!
Trooper

Saint Louis, MO

#1538 Apr 9, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
... When you have a super that calls out the lawyers to shut people up, and then looks you in the eye and says "Sam we never intended to actually bring a law suit against you", well that right there is the very definition of a bully!
Wow. Totally agree.

So did she put into words what her intention actually WAS?
hippity hoppity

United States

#1539 Apr 9, 2013
The funny thing about all of this hullabaloo is its source. Three members of Sam Ferry's family worked in the C-6 school district. Sam, do you think that those hires were made in a vacuum? Your wife's employment in the district, surely, helped secure your and your boy's job. Didn't your son get the job at a very important time in his life? I didn't hear a peep from you at that time, in regards to nepotism.

I think you are an opportunistic little man that got fired and didn't like it. You waited until something questionable happened and saw your chance.
FeD uP

United States

#1540 Apr 9, 2013
hippity hoppity wrote:
The funny thing about all of this hullabaloo is its source. Three members of Sam Ferry's family worked in the C-6 school district. Sam, do you think that those hires were made in a vacuum? Your wife's employment in the district, surely, helped secure your and your boy's job. Didn't your son get the job at a very important time in his life? I didn't hear a peep from you at that time, in regards to nepotism.

I think you are an opportunistic little man that got fired and didn't like it. You waited until something questionable happened and saw your chance.
That is so far from the truth. There is a huge difference between Sam and his family and the Salsman, Brewer, Brown, Critchlow clan. Sam, and his family salaries do not even equal what Dr C makes. I highly suggest you research your statements before you post them here. That way you don't look like.. Well it doesn't matter your post speaks for you.
Sam Ferry

Glencoe, MO

#1541 Apr 9, 2013
Trooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Totally agree.
So did she put into words what her intention actually WAS?
Yes, because of course I asked her then why did you do it? "I just wanted it all to stop" was her reply. Now by the "it all" she meant the signs that were posted, the supposed threat on facebook, the name calling, none of which I took part in. Except of course I said the administration was chalk full of bullies and liars, and I said she shoild be fired. All true today as it was when I said it in late January, and noe of which even comes close to libal, slander, or defamation. She did it to shut me up only, to "make it stop". That is exactly what a bully does!
hippity hoppity

United States

#1542 Apr 9, 2013
So it's only nepotism if its a teacher?
hippity hoppity

United States

#1543 Apr 9, 2013
So if the salary is low, nepotism is ok?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal Digging in Missouri (Sep '12) 7 hr Drama Defined 45
new police officer? (Sep '13) 14 hr Kadie 15
Is it time for a new location for Arnold's Park? 23 hr _trav 1
4th July firework display 23 hr Cindie 4
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) Jul 2 Drama Queen FAT 65
anyone want a free orange kitten? (Jun '12) Jun 29 Debbie elliott 3
Bruce Jenner Thinks He's a Woman Now Jun 29 watsamattau 6
More from around the web

Imperial People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Imperial Mortgages