stiritup

Saint Louis, MO

#1484 Apr 2, 2013
Concerned parent wrote:
Anyone know the count? I've seen the mayor and other results but can't find the results for BOE.
FOX C-6 SCHOOL DISTRICT
Total
Number of Precincts 22
Precincts Reporting 22 100.0 %
Total Votes 9355
Times Over Voted 1
Number Of Under Votes 1169
RUTH ANN NEWMAN 1564 16.72%
PETE NICHOLAS 1209 12.92%
MARK S. JONES 1108 11.84%
ANTHONY W. THEBEAU 435 4.65%
STEVE P. HOLLOWAY 2236 23.90%
DAN KROUPA 2776 29.67%
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1485 Apr 2, 2013
Concerned parent wrote:
Anyone know the count? I've seen the mayor and other results but can't find the results for BOE.
30%-Kroupa
24%-Holloway
13%-Nicholas
12%-Jones

I believe Newman got the remaining 21%, give or take.
Concerned parent

Saint Louis, MO

#1486 Apr 2, 2013
Thanks. Congrats to Steve and Dan. We're counting on you. Please don't let us down. You are our voices now. God Bless.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

#1487 Apr 2, 2013
Who seats are up next year?
hatred

Saint Louis, MO

#1488 Apr 3, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
Linda Nash ended the political careers of two of her colleagues tonight. Well, that's not exactly true. She actually did it months ago. They just didn't realize it until tonight.
I find it ironic - but altogether fitting - that by agreeing with Linda, Todd and Dianne that Kelly Nash was "by far" the best candidate Ruth Ann Newman and Pete Nichols became "by far" the worst.
I would say it's time to celebrate but knowing how much harm those people have done to the lives and careers of Fox employees that trusted them to do the right thing makes me sick to my stomach. In the coming days let's adopt the kinder, gentler policy of the school board and make our vote unanimous that all cowards that hide behind closed doors and all bullies that guard them also be dismissed. Very well said, I agree the silent majority has spoken.
Maybe, CRITCHLOW/BOARD will realize they work for the taxpayers, not for their self interest. CONGRATULATIONS TO STEVE HOLLAWAY AND DAN KROUPA.
Well

Arnold, MO

#1489 Apr 3, 2013
I love it when hoity-toity types in education administration get a little schoolin' themselves.

This is what happens when you assume you're smarter than everyone else.
Walt Kowalski

Saint Louis, MO

#1490 Apr 3, 2013
Found this article to be very interesting. This is from the Washington Examiner. It seems that a McDonalds in Boston, is running a want ad for a "Cashier". It seems that one of the requirements for this postion is a "College Degree"! So our Ms Nash would not be qualified to be a McD's Cashier but, she can be a Food Services Director. Makes you think doesn't it?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/mcdonalds-want-...
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#1491 Apr 3, 2013
Walt Kowalski wrote:
So our Ms Nash would not be qualified to be a McD's Cashier but, she can be a Food Services Director. Makes you think doesn't it?
http://washingtonexaminer.com/mcdonalds-want-...
One last thought. A special shout-out should go to the Troopster. His vile and angry posts did a lot to convince people that they didn't want to be associated any longer with people who attracted the loyalty of cretins like him. Plus the belief that he may be a member of the cabal shook a lot of people out of their apathy. In short, Troop remains an idiot, but in this one case he was OUR idiot.

Linda! Dianne! Happy Meals all around!
Apu

High Ridge, MO

#1492 Apr 3, 2013
Mark Jones wrote:
Congratulations to Steve Holloway and Dan Kroupa on their election to the Fox C-6 School Board.
I learned a lot of lessons in this, my first campaign, and made a number of new friends. I plan to become more vocal at the school board meetings over the next year. We all need to participate in the process more.
In April 2014 there will be three positions up for a vote. Time will tell if the name Mark Jones will appear on that ballot too. I wouldn't be surprised. We'll see what this next year brings us with these two new board members.
I want to thank everyone who volunteered, helped to spread the word and who contributed their hard-earned money. While the results aren't what you and I hoped for, I am thrilled that the two incumbents were replaced. In that sense, our mission was accomplished.
Now, Steve and Dan, keep your word and help bring about positive change for our school district.
God bless you all.
Very classy, Mark.
Thank you for your intention and will to serve. Good luck.
Trooper

Saint Louis, MO

#1493 Apr 3, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
After the instructional part of that meeting was over I did some one on one with Dan Kroupa and Steve Holloway. I found them both to be very likeable and credible candidates. They both have relatives presently working in the district and both stated emphatically that if there ever arose even the appearance of a conflict of interest tha they would resign. In other words if it came up where their relative was qualified and eligible to take an administrative position then they as an active Board member would step down. I have absolutely no reason to doubt their sincerity!
Just 'framing' this because it is so pretty and needs to be remembered in the future.:)
Walt Kowalski

Saint Louis, MO

#1494 Apr 4, 2013
Trooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Just 'framing' this because it is so pretty and needs to be remembered in the future.:)
So Troop, you're saying that Linda and Diane will corrupt these 2 new board members as they have done all others in the past. Just how long do you think it will be before these 2 will be beat down to the "Troika's" methods and tactics. Also, how long did it take to bring Laughlin over to the dark side?
Trooper

Saint Louis, MO

#1495 Apr 4, 2013
Walt Kowalski wrote:
<quoted text>
So Troop, you're saying that Linda and Diane will corrupt these 2 new board members as they have done all others in the past. Just how long do you think it will be before these 2 will be beat down to the "Troika's" methods and tactics. Also, how long did it take to bring Laughlin over to the dark side?
It's hard to change a system. I hope these two new additions to the school board have what it takes to stay strong for the long haul.

That said, I also hope the community has what it takes for the long haul as well. We need to stay informed and remind these new board members, as well as every board member, why they were chosen to represent us.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1496 Apr 4, 2013
Walt Kowalski wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Linda better make sure she corrupts them in their first year because after that she will be gone!
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1497 Apr 4, 2013
Trooper wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to change a system. I hope these two new additions to the school board have what it takes to stay strong for the long haul.
That said, I also hope the community has what it takes for the long haul as well. We need to stay informed and remind these new board members, as well as every board member, why they were chosen to represent us.
There is still that little issue of qualified workers who were passed over for family members, and anyone who thinks that has now magically gone away is mistaken! I know that I will not bend on this issue and will continue to "scream" about it until this board that allowed it is removed!

I encourage everyone to email the board members and request that the assistant food service director be given the directors position and Kelly Nash is moved to another position before contracts begin on July 1st. They can still do the right thing here if they want. But it will not happen if we do not write them!

I recently had a board member tell me they did not want to "go on record" on topix because it is such a horrible place. I say they have all "gone on record" when they voted unanimously for the unqualified Nash relative! Write them....they may not answer you but they will not be able to deny the fact that the community has spoken!
Walt Kowalski

Saint Louis, MO

#1498 Apr 4, 2013
Hey Trooper, when you write a post on this forum that is not insulting and crude, does it make you throw-up a little in your mouth? Did a certain lady get her panties in a bunch and give you "Cease and Desist"?
hippity hoppity

United States

#1499 Apr 4, 2013
Walt Kowalski wrote:
Hey Trooper, when you write a post on this forum that is not insulting and crude, does it make you throw-up a little in your mouth? Did a certain lady get her panties in a bunch and give you "Cease and Desist"?
Why are you such a douche?
Walt Kowalski

Saint Louis, MO

#1500 Apr 4, 2013
Hippity, how am I being in your words a "douche" calling Trooper out after all of the nasty comments he/she put out there.
Trooper

Saint Louis, MO

#1501 Apr 4, 2013
I've only posted as "Trooper". I am not "Troop" or "Troop 5 or 6" or "Troopster"
Trooper

Saint Louis, MO

#1502 Apr 4, 2013
Walt Kowalski wrote:
I think you have me confused with a different poster. I probably should have chosen a name that wasn't so similar.
Walt Kowalski

Saint Louis, MO

#1503 Apr 4, 2013
Then my apologies, I am sorry for the previous comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal Digging in Missouri (Sep '12) 33 min Embezzlement 35
Fox Audit 56 min ArnoldCC 11
Arnold City Council 58 min ArnoldCC 3
Arnold Talk (Nov '07) 13 hr Sauls1 100
Who is your preferred candidate for Fox C-6 Sch... Thu Senator Bettencourt 18
Time to Go to Court Thu Bless You 6
Sherry Poppen for BOE Wed ArnoldCC 19
Imperial Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web