Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1423 Mar 26, 2013
Jobu wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say he was "bad" or he shouldn't blog away. I wouldn't know him if I saw him. Point taken. If he was targeted for this, I wouldn't defend it. Someone asked and I commented. Probably should've just let well enough alone.
The blog just seems personal, biased and obsessive. One person's opinion only. There's no law I have to read it.
Well you are more honest than most, got to give you credit for that. Listen it is personal with alot of people, there are reasons for that. Take the time to get to know him, you might be surprised at what you find.
PAC 10

Saint Louis, MO

#1424 Mar 26, 2013
I'm shocked that no one has said anything about Tim Crutchley and Diane Brewer...Brown...Crithlow creating a position for Crutchleys wife! She was a middle school principal but now I believe she is in charge of pencil sharpening at the admin office! SAD SAD SAD!!!
Educator

Arnold, MO

#1425 Mar 26, 2013
I do know that the position for Mr. Crutchley's wife is not just a pencil sharpener. As Director of Curriculum, she is in charge of making sure our students are prepared for the EOC, and the district aligns its curriculum to the Common Core Standards. Her job is difficult, arduous, and shows how our students' progress is related to the state and country.

While I agree that there need to be several changes in our district, please understand that this position is necessary for us to continue to help our teachers find ways to connect lesson plans with curriculum and assessment standards.
McCallister

High Ridge, MO

#1426 Mar 26, 2013
Educator wrote:
I do know that the position for Mr. Crutchley's wife is not just a pencil sharpener. As Director of Curriculum, she is in charge of making sure our students are prepared for the EOC, and the district aligns its curriculum to the Common Core Standards. Her job is difficult, arduous, and shows how our students' progress is related to the state and country.
While I agree that there need to be several changes in our district, please understand that this position is necessary for us to continue to help our teachers find ways to connect lesson plans with curriculum and assessment standards.
It's hard for anyone who has never been in today's public education to realize how many government and legal obligations there are. People sit in Washington, Jeff City and dream up programs we need to install and implement. There's so many, no district can put them all off. Classroom teachers get burdened by them all. It takes so much time and energy away from actual teaching!
Truth B Told

Imperial, MO

#1427 Mar 26, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox C-6 Board member
Last I heard Pete Nichols is not on the School Board it is Pete Nicholas.
hippity hoppity

Imperial, MO

#1428 Mar 26, 2013
PAC 10 wrote:
I'm shocked that no one has said anything about Tim Crutchley and Diane Brewer...Brown...Crithlow creating a position for Crutchleys wife! She was a middle school principal but now I believe she is in charge of pencil sharpening at the admin office! SAD SAD SAD!!!
What a horrible thing to say. Of all the hires that you could attack, that is definitely not one of them. Ms. Pelster is one of the finest educators and administrators in the state of Missouri and, probably, the country. We are very lucky to have her here at Fox.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1429 Mar 26, 2013
Truth B Told wrote:
<quoted text>
Last I heard Pete Nichols is not on the School Board it is Pete Nicholas.
Good call, thanks. I missed that little detail.
True Story

Festus, MO

#1430 Mar 26, 2013
hippity hoppity wrote:
<quoted text>
What a horrible thing to say. Of all the hires that you could attack, that is definitely not one of them. Ms. Pelster is one of the finest educators and administrators in the state of Missouri and, probably, the country. We are very lucky to have her here at Fox.
I agree that Ms. Pelster has an outstanding record in the district. It is horrible that she is going to be caught up in the mudslinging. She has worked to get where she is, and is quality all the way.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1431 Mar 27, 2013
True Story wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that Ms. Pelster has an outstanding record in the district. It is horrible that she is going to be caught up in the mudslinging. She has worked to get where she is, and is quality all the way.
I have only met her one time but I agree. She is obviously well liked and well qualified.

My only regret is that more people have not stood up for the asst. food service directeor with the same vigor! It is horrible that she was cast aside! Yes, some who don't deserve it have been caught up in the mess of nepotism, but the real horror of it is there actually have been qualified employees who were passed over for family members. Although Ms. Pelster does not fall into that category there are others that should not be forgotten come tuesday!
embarrassedtaxpa yer

Saint Louis, MO

#1432 Mar 27, 2013
PAC 10 wrote:
This has been going on for several years.That's why they (CRITCHLOW'S ADMINISTRATION/BOARD) don't want a NO NEPOTISM POLICY. " YOU SCRATCH MY BACK, I WILL SCRATCH YOUR'S." THE FOX ADMINISTRATION LOOK'S LIKE A FAMILY TREE! VOTE OUT PRESENT FOX BOARD and ELECT MARK JONES & STEVE HOLLIWAY. A change is desperately needed on our FOX SCHOOL BOARD.
hippity hoppity

United States

#1433 Mar 27, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>I have only met her one time but I agree. She is obviously well liked and well qualified.

My only regret is that more people have not stood up for the asst. food service directeor with the same vigor! It is horrible that she was cast aside! Yes, some who don't deserve it have been caught up in the mess of nepotism, but the real horror of it is there actually have been qualified employees who were passed over for family members. Although Ms. Pelster does not fall into that category there are others that should not be forgotten come tuesday!
She wasn't very well liked. I hadn't heard a good word said about her until the other hire was made.
hippity hoppity

United States

#1434 Mar 27, 2013
It happened with every superintendent we've ever had (minus Bourisaw).
Question

Anonymous Proxy

#1435 Mar 27, 2013
hippity hoppity wrote:
It happened with every superintendent we've ever had (minus Bourisaw).
I am relatively new to the region, so I missed the Bourisaw fiasco. I know she was fired, and that is about it. Is that why she was fired? Did she stand up against nepotism so they showed her the door? Or refuse to go to Arnold First Baptist?(seems to be a tie that binds around here) I am starting to get the feeling that the entire school district, thanks to the City of Arnold, is run like one of those Cities in Utah that are entirely run by the members of a particular place of worship (cult). Is that the issue here, or is it something else entirely? Not knowing anyone involved, but hearing that letters were sent by a public body to silence critics is not something that I thought was supposed to happen in this country.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1436 Mar 27, 2013
hippity hoppity wrote:
<quoted text>
She wasn't very well liked. I hadn't heard a good word said about her until the other hire was made.
Well then it is an absolute that you did not associate with people that I did, because they spoke very highly of her. They are people I trust so I'll stick with that.
hippity hoppity

United States

#1437 Mar 27, 2013
Bourisaw was let go at a time when first baptist was extremely conservative in their message and wanted to run things. Dr. Bourisaw hired several employees that were relatives of administration
hippity hoppity

United States

#1438 Mar 27, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>Well then it is an absolute that you did not associate with people that I did, because they spoke very highly of her. They are people I trust so I'll stick with that.
I know my sources, and I trust them. I don't expect you to change when you haven't heard the same. I know several people that weren't thrilled with Nash getting the job, but liked it better than if the asst had gotten it.
Drrd

Ballwin, MO

#1439 Mar 27, 2013
hippity hoppity wrote:
<quoted text>
I know my sources, and I trust them. I don't expect you to change when you haven't heard the same. I know several people that weren't thrilled with Nash getting the job, but liked it better than if the asst had gotten it.
. Even if the asst was not chosen for the job, it still does not justify Nash's hiring. She is unqualified. There will not be a lot of qualified candidates in the school other than the assistant. The district should have advertised in professional school food service and nutrition arenas and not an education website. Listing on the k12 website where food service professionals do not look for jobs tells me the administration did not want a lot of qualified candidates applying .
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1440 Mar 27, 2013
hippity hoppity wrote:
<quoted text>
Nash was not qualified! There has never been an argument against that. No matter who likes who, no one can say it was a good hire! She was hired for one reason alone.....HER NAME!!! The same can not be said for Ms. Pelster, wether liked or disliked!

Maybe I have misjudged you, that is possible. Do you feel like the nepotism that exists at Fox is healthy for the district?
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1441 Mar 27, 2013
Sorry about the double post....working off a nook.
hippity hoppity

United States

#1442 Mar 27, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>Nash was not qualified! There has never been an argument against that. No matter who likes who, no one can say it was a good hire! She was hired for one reason alone.....HER NAME!!! The same can not be said for Ms. Pelster, wether liked or disliked!

Maybe I have misjudged you, that is possible. Do you feel like the nepotism that exists at Fox is healthy for the district?
I feel as if we made a bad hire with the Nash hiring. I also feel that if we implemented the same type of nepotism policy that Mehlville has, we would have missed out on lots of highly qualified and valued educators over the years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) 2 hr Eileen 1,219
Man Gets Beat Up, Cowards do Nothing 5 hr norton 5
Elementary Principal 5 hr what's up with that 7
value village 9 hr Ebay Seller 3
Payphone Question 12 hr Payphones 2
High Ridge Family Restaurant Sat Little Birdy 2
Vote NO Northwest R-1School Tax Increase in April Sat Crappie 28
Imperial Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web