Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Apu

High Ridge, MO

#1383 Mar 24, 2013
Curious, though, that Andy J won the case and no one at DeSoto with any authority is allowed to talk about his firing...except on "topix", of course, where they feel it's safe.
Are you Sure

Arnold, MO

#1384 Mar 24, 2013
Just sayin, just because someone walks with money doesn't mean they won....
SHS

Imperial, MO

#1385 Mar 24, 2013
From what I've read, it sounds like Andy J. Arbeitman will fit right in.
Apu

High Ridge, MO

#1386 Mar 24, 2013
Are you Sure wrote:
Just sayin, just because someone walks with money doesn't mean they won....
He did.
Apu

High Ridge, MO

#1387 Mar 24, 2013
SHS wrote:
From what I've read, it sounds like Andy J. Arbeitman will fit right in.
Don't make the mistake of taking Topix posts as fact. Mine included! There's some truth here...and a lot of cheap nonsense as well.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1388 Mar 25, 2013
Apu wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't make the mistake of taking Topix posts as fact. Mine included! There's some truth here...and a lot of cheap nonsense as well.
Well you most certainly are not the person to evaluate the difference between truth and error on topix.

Mr. Arbeitman is for me not the best hire for the simple reason that others in this district were overlooked to make room for him. On top of that he brings with him a level of controversy that FOX could have done without. But more importantly Fox has a track record of making really bad hires for a variety of reasons, and tops on that list is Kelly Nash!

It is funny to me, always has been, that you are so willing to criticise those that oppose these bad hires but so unwilling to criticise those that hire them. I guess for you the fact that a school district hired an unqualified food srevice director,(that just happened to be the daughter in law of the board president), at $65,000 over qualified employees is "cheap nonsense."

Your ability to spot truth is in real need of help. NEPOTISM is wrong no matter who defends it!
hippity hoppity

Saint Louis, MO

#1389 Mar 25, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>Well you most certainly are not the person to evaluate the difference between truth and error on topix.

Mr. Arbeitman is for me not the best hire for the simple reason that others in this district were overlooked to make room for him. On top of that he brings with him a level of controversy that FOX could have done without. But more importantly Fox has a track record of making really bad hires for a variety of reasons, and tops on that list is Kelly Nash!

It is funny to me, always has been, that you are so willing to criticise those that oppose these bad hires but so unwilling to criticise those that hire them. I guess for you the fact that a school district hired an unqualified food srevice director,(that just happened to be the daughter in law of the board president), at $65,000 over qualified employees is "cheap nonsense."

Your ability to spot truth is in real need of help. NEPOTISM is wrong no matter who defends it!
Who is Arbeitman related to?
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1390 Mar 25, 2013
hippity hoppity wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Arbeitman related to?
I do not believe he is related to anyone in the district. I also know that he is highly qualified. My beef is that they once again they overlooked qualified employees, and seriously, anyone who was qualified could have "grown" into the position. Isn't that what they allowed a non district, unqualified person to do with the Kelly Nash hire? Why not allow that with a QUALIFIED DISTRICT EMPLOYEE?
Wow

Saint Louis, MO

#1391 Mar 25, 2013
I do feel badly for the qualified, long time Fox C-6 principals that interviewed for the asst. supt. job and got passed over for someone shrouded in controversy. Some of the principals that applied and interviewed had their doctorate in education and years of Fox experience.
Voice_of_A_Teach er

Saint Louis, MO

#1392 Mar 25, 2013
Teachers and mid-level administrators are dedicated and long suffering but we're not naive. I am so sick of Dianne trotting out the line about how she likes to hire "our own" when it's convenient for hiring a relative but ignoring it when she wants to hire "her guy" from outside. I've hesitated to use the word stupid because I know she's not, but when you consider how she's continued to create one public relations disaster after the only other word I can think of that fits her erratic behavior is meglomania. Consider the definition from Webster's and decide for yourself: a delusional mental disorder that is marked by feelings of personal omnipotence and grandeur.
We have plenty of citizens willing to say the Empress has no clothes but until someone on the BOE is willing to break ranks and say it, all of them are going to be tarred with the same brush. For the sake of their own personal reputations I think it's time to end their unwritten - and in my opinion unwise - policy of always recording unanimous votes so "the children don't see us fighting" is not only insultingly paternalistic, but also politically unwise.
Hatred

Saint Louis, MO

#1393 Mar 25, 2013
Wow wrote:
I do feel badly for the qualified, long time Fox C-6 principals that interviewed for the asst. supt. job and got passed over for someone shrouded in controversy. Some of the principals that applied and interviewed had their doctorate in education and years of Fox experience.
But, SUPER/CRICHLOW said the EX DESOTO SUPER WAS by far the BEST CANDIDATE for the job. SCREWED OVER AGAIN, THE FOX CANDIDATES. What a JOKE! CRITCHLOW MUST GO! VOTE OUT PRESENT B.O.E. VOTE for MARK JONES & STEVE HOLLOWAY FOR B.O.E.
Apu

Ashburn, VA

#1394 Mar 25, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you most certainly are not the person to evaluate the difference between truth and error on topix.
Actually, I am better qualified than most.

I am commenting on the Andy J hire some, including you, are raving about. Do you see mentioning or supporting the food service hire in my post? At all?
Apu

San Jose, CA

#1395 Mar 25, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe he is related to anyone in the district. I also know that he is highly qualified. My beef is that they once again they overlooked qualified employees, and seriously, anyone who was qualified could have "grown" into the position. Isn't that what they allowed a non district, unqualified person to do with the Kelly Nash hire? Why not allow that with a QUALIFIED DISTRICT EMPLOYEE?
Let's be real.

If they hired a current Fox administrator for this slot, you (and others) would be crying "Good old boy network! We need new blood in CO! Not more of the same!"

Let's be clear: I do not like the food service hire, although I am sure things will work out just fine.
Fed up

Arnold, MO

#1396 Mar 25, 2013
Does any actually do any fact checking before automatically jumping on the wagon with the four stooges of the Fox District?

Nutritional guidelines are determined by the Federal and State government. The new Food Services Director is not going to be determining the calorie or nutritional content of school meals.

Check the facts, with the internet obviously at your finger tips it is not that hard to do.

http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Content.aspx...
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1397 Mar 25, 2013
Apu wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's be real.
If they hired a current Fox administrator for this slot, you (and others) would be crying "Good old boy network! We need new blood in CO! Not more of the same!"
Let's be clear: I do not like the food service hire, although I am sure things will work out just fine.
Yeah that's about as clear as mud! Was the hire Nepotism or not?

I never cried good old boy network, it is obvious that we must draw from applicants that are in the district, we all have agreed to that. Our complaint would fall more in line with wether or not the other applicants were close friends or family members, which they were not! So why did they get passed over? I venture to say there would not have been a single complaint had they hired within the district. For myself I would have been happy that people who we invested our time and money in got the job! After all we paid for it!
Fat Checker

Arnold, MO

#1398 Mar 25, 2013
Fed up wrote:
Does any actually do any fact checking before automatically jumping on the wagon with the four stooges of the Fox District?
Nutritional guidelines are determined by the Federal and State government. The new Food Services Director is not going to be determining the calorie or nutritional content of school meals.
Check the facts, with the internet obviously at your finger tips it is not that hard to do.
Well, she is not qualified to determine whether the guidelines are being followed properly.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1399 Mar 25, 2013
Fed up wrote:
I actually did check the facts! Dianne Critchlow said no thank you to the applicants that toiled to get the qualifications and told the board that Kelly Nash was the best hire of all of the applicants. You can just talk to all the board members if you don't believe me, they all will back up that story! The fact is they hired her because.....did you copy that......BECAUSE she was related to the board president. No there are some facts that we can talk about on this thread if you'd like!
Tim

Kansas City, MO

#1400 Mar 25, 2013
Fed up wrote:
I guess those Required degrees aren't necessary..... When's the McDonald cookies coming to the school lunch????
Drrd

Ballwin, MO

#1401 Mar 25, 2013
Fed up wrote:
The federal government sets the standard. However, compliance to the standard must be demonstrated. Audits are completed which impact money received for the free and reduced program. A knowledge of nutrition is necessary to provide adequate calories, protein, fat and sodium per age group. The director should know if food based or nutrient based calculations are used. The government does not determine what is on the menu. The school food service director does this. Having sat through these audits, I know you need more than a McDonalds education to appropriately speak to what items are on your menu and why. Anyone who thinks this employee is qualified to be a food service director has little knowledge of large scale non-corporate food service operations, nutrition or government regulations. I find it hard to believe anyone can defend this action. Look outside Arnold and ask others. You will see Fox as the laughing stock among large suburban non Jefferson County school districts!
Fed up

Arnold, MO

#1402 Mar 25, 2013
"Schools have the option to choose one of four systems for their menu planning: Nutrient Standard Menu Planning, Assisted Nutrient Standard Menu Planning, the traditional meal pattern, and the enhanced meal pattern. Both Nutrient Standard and Assisted Nutrient Standard Menu Planning systems base their planning on a computerized nutritional analysis of the week's menu. The traditional and enhanced meal pattern options base their menu planning on minimum component quantities of meat or meat alternate; vegetables and fruits; grains and breads; and milk."

"Schools have the option to choose one of five systems for their menu planning: NuMenus, Assisted NuMenus, traditional meal pattern, enhanced meal pattern, and other "reasonable approaches." Both the NuMenus and Assisted NuMenus systems base their planning on a computerized nutritional analysis of the week's menu. The traditional and enhanced meal pattern options base their menu planning on minimum component quantities of meat or meat alternate; vegetables and fruits; grains and breads; and milk. The fifth menu option allows schools to develop other "reasonable approaches" to meeting the Dietary Guidelines, using menu planning guidelines from USDA."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal Digging in Missouri (Sep '12) 11 min ItWillNeverEnd 111
113 chestnut Festus...Group home or what 23 hr Neighbor 1
watching drug deals festus Fri Objectivos 10
Any hookers at strafford Inn ? Feb 4 Blue_Meanie 3
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) Feb 3 Know a Cop 126
black hair chick -amanda , lived in imperial Feb 2 been there 1
the best auntie ever Feb 2 Get Smart 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Imperial Mortgages