Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#1323 Mar 20, 2013
Time Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam,
How was the turnout at the meeting? I couldn't make it last night.
Turnout was pretty good, but alot of that was due to the fact there were lots of awards and recognition of staff and student acomplishments. Still, after most of those people were gone I still think it nwas a larger than usual crowd.
Geezo

Fenton, MO

#1324 Mar 20, 2013
Walt Kowalski wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at yourself! Your post was made at 6:47 AM so that would be made at 4:47 AM PCT don't you have anything better to do? Why don't you watch a rerun of "Jackass"!
Touche, Walt. Actually, I am local and was looking for some feedback at about 7 am. Couldn't resist razzing a bit, though.
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#1325 Mar 20, 2013
I will try to make this as short as possible but there is a lot of ground to cover. Although I was not alone in the meeting with Nash and Herman it is not my practice to speak for others so I will tell you my thoughts only, which is by no means the complete picture of that meeting. I did take a notepad in with me and kept notes for the entire 45 minutes or so before the open session.
[I AM RETYPING THIS FOR THE THIRD TIME. There is too much info to cover in a single posting so if you have specific questions fire away.]
I told Linda Nash the hiring of her daughter in law was a bad hire and that is why the district was going after me. She just shook her head in the affirmative. Overall Nash and Herman circled the wagons in defense of the administration and I told them I expected they would do that. I asked them if they ever posted or read Topix, they denied both.
I asked them what they thought about the district spending taxpayer money on four cease and desist letters with false claims? They said is does not cost anymore for the district to do that than they normally pay for the lawyers. That of course is not the whole truth. They basically said that the lawyers would not have written those letters if it were not true. I of course asked them why they believed that? I mean if they have never read what I had written, and had never spoken to me about it how could they come to that conclusion? I reminded them that I was accused of a crime in the cease and desist and it just seems like you might want to know my side. They said there were a number of people in the community that had complained and therefore they had a “gut feeling” that it must be true.
Listen I have notes on all of this and I am just going to give you a quick “where the board is at” heads up. They are completely out of touch with reality in this district. The only thing they want to hear is what the district is doing right. They actually say “we never get complaints from employees”. Are you kidding me? I hold up my cease letter in front of them and say of course you don’t because this is what administrators do to people that criticize them”.
When I spoke with Dan Smith after the meeting he was on the same page as Nash and Herman. As a matter of fact he said to me,“Sam you can complain publicly about your neighbors lawn not being green enough but you cannot complain about the way people perform their job”. How did this man ever become a board member? He is a puppet of the worst order!
I told them all that I would publicly complain about the fact they were not notified about the letters and in spite of the fact that the allegations in them were not true they all decided to stand by them . They are now on record as far as I am concerned.
The only exception I make with the board is John Laughlin, and I am not at liberty to talk about what we said yet, but as soon as I can I will.
Herman did want to know if I would like her to set up a meeting with Dr. Critchlow and a board member or members? I said absolutely! That should happen during spring break.
Who is Sam Ferry

Festus, MO

#1326 Mar 20, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>The other thing about the open session of the meeting that I personally thought was great was the 3 minutes by Rich Simpson concerning cease and desist letters as well as on line attacks by people who are apparently administration members or close friends or relatives of the administration. He did a great job of letting it be known that taxpayer dollars were being misused to wronly threaten people. He covered the anti-SLAPP issues, and even had a reporter from the Leader asking him questions about it after the meeting was over.
Sam,
As I read the above section of your post, I was a little confused. You write as you watched and were interested in what Rich Simpson had to say at the board meeting. Correct me if I am wrong. Haven't you stated on here in the past that YOU ARE RICH SIMPSON?
If it is true and you are Mr. Simpson, why are your trying to come across as someone else?
hippity hoppity

Imperial, MO

#1327 Mar 20, 2013
Who is Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>Sam,
As I read the above section of your post, I was a little confused. You write as you watched and were interested in what Rich Simpson had to say at the board meeting. Correct me if I am wrong. Haven't you stated on here in the past that YOU ARE RICH SIMPSON?
If it is true and you are Mr. Simpson, why are your trying to come across as someone else?
Sam is who he says he is, Sam Ferry.
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#1328 Mar 20, 2013
Who is Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam,
Man it's hard not to take this as some kind of joke, but in case it is not, you are wrong! I am not Rich Simpson!
anonymous

United States

#1329 Mar 21, 2013
Why wouldn't you be at liberty to discuss what board member john said?

The answer you said hermann and nash came up with isn't good enough. There shouldn't be ANY paying of lawyer fees with your tax dollars by a public school district, in order to send these harrassing "cease and desists". It doesn't matter if they pay 100 dollars an hour or 6 dollars an hour!

And yes, it is "more than" regular pay because they paid them SOMETHING to draft and send! They would have not spent that money (of your tax dollars) had they not done it. So it was extra and outiside of their regular daily work.

As for the lawyers willing to use their profession like this? Just don't seem right! But what is everyone gonna do about it? A year from now will people still be watching and demanding better from the school district? I hope so but from what I've seen too many are scared or just want to be content unless it affect them directly!
Duh

Arnold, MO

#1330 Mar 21, 2013
Who is Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam,
Do you have human excrement for brains?
Michelle Tyler

Fenton, MO

#1331 Mar 21, 2013
I will share my part in the meeting with Linda, Cheryl and Sam. Yes, I was in the meeting Sam and the other two board members. I kept pushing Cheryl to answer one very important question. At what point do you as board members start to question the number of cease and desist letters going out to taxpayers and members of the community? How many is too many? They've sent out 4 letters in the last few months doesn't that raise a red flag?? She wouldn't answer me. She kept saying that the administration felt that need. Again, I asked, how many before you decide that there are issues? 6? 10? At what point do you say, maybe this administration might be covering some things up?? She never would answer that. Sam and I both also made sure that we reminded them both that they work for US, not the administration. Cheryl corrected me and said she worked for the kids. Not hardly, they can't vote, so you work for us.
De Soto person

Columbia, MO

#1332 Mar 21, 2013
You got bigger fish to fry now that you have hired Andy J. The mose evil person I have ever met. He will ruin this school within a year! Good luck!
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#1333 Mar 21, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Why wouldn't you be at liberty to discuss what board member john said?
The answer you said hermann and nash came up with isn't good enough. There shouldn't be ANY paying of lawyer fees with your tax dollars by a public school district, in order to send these harrassing "cease and desists". It doesn't matter if they pay 100 dollars an hour or 6 dollars an hour!
And yes, it is "more than" regular pay because they paid them SOMETHING to draft and send! They would have not spent that money (of your tax dollars) had they not done it. So it was extra and outiside of their regular daily work.
As for the lawyers willing to use their profession like this? Just don't seem right! But what is everyone gonna do about it? A year from now will people still be watching and demanding better from the school district? I hope so but from what I've seen too many are scared or just want to be content unless it affect them directly!
Laughlin was the first board member to reply to my email and he did it immediately. He requested to see a copy of the letter, which I sent him along with a copy of my lawyer's letter. Our conversation at the board meeting was so brief and cautious that we agreed to talk again. I do have specific thoughts about his position, but at this point it would be my opinion of how he felt. I do not think that is fair so I will wait until we have talked again.The others took their time to reply, did not request to see the letter, and had obvious "talking points".

Nash,Hermann, and Smith did not have a single answer that was "good enough". They kept trying to lump Michelle and me in with the signs that were found. We both repeatedly told them that we had NOTHING to do with the signs, but because that was the only thing they had seen, and it bothered them, they just tied us to that so they could justify what the administration did concerning all ther sease and desist letters.

Of course no matter how they try to spin this you are correct about lawyers fees!
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#1334 Mar 21, 2013
De Soto person wrote:
You got bigger fish to fry now that you have hired Andy J. The mose evil person I have ever met. He will ruin this school within a year! Good luck!
Man I wished you had some facts to back this up, because I have checked with both Desoto and Twin Rivers and what you get is a bunch of nameless people saying things about him but no one willing to step forward. As I am sure you know both school districts refuse to talk about it. I am not saying you are not right, it seems like there is plenty of smoke, but it sure would help to have a little more than that. His contract does not start here until July.
Hatred

Saint Louis, MO

#1335 Mar 21, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughlin was the first board member to reply to my email and he did it immediately. He requested to see a copy of the letter, which I sent him along with a copy of my lawyer's letter. Our conversation at the board meeting was so brief and cautious that we agreed to talk again. I do have specific thoughts about his position, but at this point it would be my opinion of how he felt. I do not think that is fair so I will wait until we have talked again.The others took their time to reply, did not request to see the letter, and had obvious "talking points".
Nash,Hermann, and Smith did not have a single answer that was "good enough". They kept trying to lump Michelle and me in with the signs that were found. We both repeatedly told them that we had NOTHING to do with the signs, but because that was the only thing they had seen, and it bothered them, they just tied us to that so they could justify what the administration did concerning all ther sease and desist letters.
Of course no matter how they try to spin this you are correct about lawyers fees!
Sam,I am sorry you and Michelle were associated with the signs. SAM and MICHELLE had absolutely nothing to do with the signs. This is totally ridiculous for them (BOARD) to think you did, without facts. Maybe the approach was wrong,but felt helpless in trying to make a positive change in present FOX administration. Vote OUT PRESENT B.O.E. VOTE FOR MARK JONES & STEVE HOLLOWAY
remember when

United States

#1336 Mar 21, 2013
I don't know what the big deal is about the signs! Maybe everyone that is upset about the Apple pie slinger should put one in their yard. More signs ....more protest !
Not slander if its the truth .

As for Dan Smith...he shouldn't be anywhere near that school. After reading the topic on here about him being a child peeping tom and stalker. He should be removed immediately! Fox is a joke and it looks like everyone is paying attention now. Hopefully something can be done.
De Soto person

Columbia, MO

#1337 Mar 21, 2013
Don't you get it the SOB will sue if we come forward, he is sue happy! The deal he made with our school board and Twin Rivers is I won't take you to court and waist your money in a legal battle but you can't tell anyone want a POS I am! He is evil trust me on this. You will find out soon enough!
De Soto person

Columbia, MO

#1338 Mar 21, 2013
There are four depostions on file in Hillsboro on Andy J. that should be public record. That should be enought info for any school to slam the door on this guy!!
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#1339 Mar 21, 2013
Hatred wrote:
<quoted text>Sam,I am sorry you and Michelle were associated with the signs. SAM and MICHELLE had absolutely nothing to do with the signs. This is totally ridiculous for them (BOARD) to think you did, without facts. Maybe the approach was wrong,but felt helpless in trying to make a positive change in present FOX administration. Vote OUT PRESENT B.O.E. VOTE FOR MARK JONES & STEVE HOLLOWAY
Absolutely no apology needed. I have seen the signs and I agree with them! The fact that they sent "their" people out to collect them is just wrong! The cease letters (all 4 of them) call people much worse than anything that was on the BACK of a sign! Anyway if there was some law broken then they should call the police and report it. Then if it is actually a crime the police will handle it. That way Mrs. Hermann will not have to tell us that this was so serious the police were involved! You know.....along with all the complaints from the community. What a flippin joke! It is all about them being able to bully whoever they want and on top of it all having the support of the BOE.
Michelle Tyler

Fenton, MO

#1340 Mar 21, 2013
Hatred wrote:
<quoted text>Sam,I am sorry you and Michelle were associated with the signs. SAM and MICHELLE had absolutely nothing to do with the signs. This is totally ridiculous for them (BOARD) to think you did, without facts. Maybe the approach was wrong,but felt helpless in trying to make a positive change in present FOX administration. Vote OUT PRESENT B.O.E. VOTE FOR MARK JONES & STEVE HOLLOWAY
Same goes for me. I'm a big girl,(even bigger if you ask Troop) and can handle it. Sam is right, the only thing they have is signs and they are grasping at straws and covering for each other.
Voice_of_a_Teach er

Saint Louis, MO

#1341 Mar 21, 2013
While I'm sure it doesn't make her feel any better our assistant food service director now has company. She was passed over for the top spot so the unqualified but "enthusiastic" daughter-in-law of Linda Nash could be hired. Now at least three inside candidates for assistant superintendent can sympathize after they were passed over so a guy from Desoto who was paid $200K to go away could be hired.

Dianne's response to the new criticism? He was "BY FAR" the best candidate for the job. I bet that statement made parents all over the district feel warm and fuzzy about leaving their children in the hands of Fox administrators so unqualified that they weren't even any competition for a fired guy from another district!

I don't know any of them well but I wonder how the passed over candidates feel? Screwed because Dianne - again - arranged for the hiring of an outsider instead of Fox employees who'd worked years to put themselves in a position to compete for the position? Angry because now they know they should have raised their voices when the BOE's d-i-l was hired and maybe the same thing wouldn't have happened to them? Sickened that Dianne takes credit for the work they do to make Fox a school of distinction and now expects them to be good soldiers and defend her even though she's effectively killed their careers at Fox?

What are the odds that one or more of them will quit worrying about defending Dianne and instead start spending that energy job hunting?

Dianne, you've got to know that you're killing our morale. We are proud of the school we've built but we are not so blindly loyal that we won't look after our families first.
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#1342 Mar 21, 2013
Voice_of_a_Teacher wrote:
While I'm sure it doesn't make her feel any better our assistant food service director now has company. She was passed over for the top spot so the unqualified but "enthusiastic" daughter-in-law of Linda Nash could be hired. Now at least three inside candidates for assistant superintendent can sympathize after they were passed over so a guy from Desoto who was paid $200K to go away could be hired.
Dianne's response to the new criticism? He was "BY FAR" the best candidate for the job. I bet that statement made parents all over the district feel warm and fuzzy about leaving their children in the hands of Fox administrators so unqualified that they weren't even any competition for a fired guy from another district!
I don't know any of them well but I wonder how the passed over candidates feel? Screwed because Dianne - again - arranged for the hiring of an outsider instead of Fox employees who'd worked years to put themselves in a position to compete for the position? Angry because now they know they should have raised their voices when the BOE's d-i-l was hired and maybe the same thing wouldn't have happened to them? Sickened that Dianne takes credit for the work they do to make Fox a school of distinction and now expects them to be good soldiers and defend her even though she's effectively killed their careers at Fox?
What are the odds that one or more of them will quit worrying about defending Dianne and instead start spending that energy job hunting?
Dianne, you've got to know that you're killing our morale. We are proud of the school we've built but we are not so blindly loyal that we won't look after our families first.
And of course was another unanimous vote by the BOE. Do these guys question anything? April 2nd can not come quickly enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know James Reed? 35 min Curious 1
Is making your 4 year old son wear girls underw... 18 hr Mindyourbusiness 5
Stratford inn in fenton homeless/hookers/heroin Nov 16 Anyone notice 1
Neighbors Fighting At Bottom of Hill on Carter (Oct '16) Nov 14 Thats Perverted 92
Red Saturn in house springs Nov 13 Rob 5
War Against Memorial On Heads Creek (Apr '17) Nov 12 James 99
Poll The Big Pevely Flea Market is (Oct '10) Nov 11 Den 9124 8

Imperial Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Imperial Mortgages