Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Wire

Arnold, MO

#1221 Mar 10, 2013
Big pay raises, no books for students. Bad teachers get to keep their jobs and are protected unequivocally by NEA.
Wow

Saint Louis, MO

#1222 Mar 10, 2013
Wire wrote:
Big pay raises, no books for students. Bad teachers get to keep their jbs and are protected unequivocally by NEA.
Ummm, I think you need to do some research before writing in the future. I teach at Fox and do not recall any 'big pay raises' in the past. Also, teachers have no control over the accounts that pay for or buy books. Those are two entirely separate accounts/issues. Teacher pay has nothing to do with books being purchased one way or the other. It's not just one big pot of money that everything gets paid out of...there are very specific uses for each account. There will always be bad employees in any job, I don't feel the NEA can protect you if you aren't doing your job and the administrators actually document it.
If you pay teachers what they are truly worth they wouldn't have to ask for pay raises. Teachers are the people you trust your children with every day, they are the ones taking bullets for them and safeguarding them. I would like to say you get what you pay for, but in the world of education you always get more from people who are dedicated and love their work. Quality teachers should be paid well. Thank you to the NEA for representing education employees and letting them have a small voice. The ignorance of the community, making us out to be money grubbing bullies, will only further my belief that this is a thankless job and garners no respect and its a good thing I love my work.
TROOP 18

Arnold, MO

#1223 Mar 10, 2013
Hey. Get as mad as you want. I don't know the rumors I've shared as fact! But I did hear them. The majority of information flung on this site isn't worth a crap. Partially informed speculation at best. Keep whining. It makes these pessimists look even more ridiculous.
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

#1224 Mar 10, 2013
TROOP 18 wrote:
Hey. Get as mad as you want. I don't know the rumors I've shared as fact! But I did hear them. The majority of information flung on this site isn't worth a crap. Partially informed speculation at best. Keep whining. It makes these pessimists look even more ridiculous.
You seem reserved today, even scared. What's up with The Troopster; afraid you've gone too far and will get caught? You are the one spreading the malicious rumors as fact. I hope you get called out for slander and worse.
I agree

Arnold, MO

#1225 Mar 10, 2013
Thanks wow for standing up for teachers. I know teachers go above and beyond for their students. A lot of them even pay out of their own pockets for supplies. I stand for what is right for students and staff! Go Holloway and Kroupa!!!!!
stiritup

United States

#1226 Mar 10, 2013
Barb wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, Thebeau and Jones would both be good on the board. Krupa and Holloway are both being endorsed by NEA. They are more interested in what's best for teachers not what is best for the children. Krupa said as much at BOE meeting. He said nothing about doing what is best for our children.
Barb, I'd also like to see you mention a valid benefit. What in the world would benefit the teachers that would NOT be best for the students?
Here is a bit of information about Missouri NEA...
Mission Statement
"To serve as the united voice to promote, advance and protect public education and to advocate for the rights and interests of students and our members." Barb- STUDENTS AND MEMBERS.
Vision
"To keep the promise of a quality public education through a great public school for every child." Barb- huh. This is bad, how?

Values
Democracy, professionalism, partnerships, collective action and advocacy, fairness-a just society, equity, dignity and respect for all.

Thanks for reading with understanding.
Duh

Arnold, MO

#1227 Mar 10, 2013
The NEA is in bed with the administration. The big tax hikes go to administrative salaries, it's just a vicious circle. The school districts have too much money, they need to spend less on bells and whistles and more on actual education. The Europeans, Indians and Asians are laughing at our lack of quality educated students.
Wow

Saint Louis, MO

#1228 Mar 10, 2013
Duh wrote:
The NEA is in bed with the administration. The big tax hikes go to administrative salaries, it's just a vicious circle. The school districts have too much money, they need to spend less on bells and whistles and more on actual education. The Europeans, Indians and Asians are laughing at our lack of quality educated students.
So...spending more on 'actual education' would mean spending money on the educators, the teachers, right?! It seems you have more in common with the NEA than you know. And just for the record, very few administrators are NEA members, if any.
stiritup

United States

#1229 Mar 10, 2013
Duh wrote:
You couldn't be more wrong.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1230 Mar 10, 2013
TROOP 18 wrote:
Coach, I say you knew exactly what you were doing., and I am not mad at all! You can't backpeddle quickly enough, but I will always accept your apology for saying slanderous things about me! You know where I sit, heck you sat and stared at me in the last meeting, this time just reach out and say "I'm sorry Sam."
Time Out

United States

#1231 Mar 11, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Coach, I say you knew exactly what you were doing., and I am not mad at all! You can't backpeddle quickly enough, but I will always accept your apology for saying slanderous things about me! You know where I sit, heck you sat and stared at me in the last meeting, this time just reach out and say "I'm sorry Sam."
I wish you luck getting that apology!
remember when

United States

#1232 Mar 11, 2013
TROOP 18 wrote:
Gee, not so filthy or froggy today are ya ?
You sure stated your slander as fact! I hope they trace you right to your office and you get what you deserve.
Karma is a ----- isn't it ?

Spot lights still shining on that uneducated dil mickey d worker , and it's not going to stop. I have high hopes a whole bunch of you will go down with her.

I hope Sam starts his own protest face book page and blast it out to hundreds a day ! Would love to see the letter they sent him to shut up on it.
Mark Jones

Arnold, MO

#1233 Mar 11, 2013
I have had some people contact me concerned that, along with my anti-nepotism stance, that I am opposed to all administrators' current salaries, including principals and vice principals. That is NOT the case. I am opposed to the salaries that are being given to new assistant superintendants. I also feel that the salary caps for our superintendant and her assistants are set too high. I believe that we can have quality leadership that compensates well but doesn't cost as much as these salaries are. We have too many needs for our students and for books/supplies for our schools.

I apologize for not clarifying my stand on this. I will check my web site to ensure that I emphasize CENTRAL OFFICE administrators, and not simply administrators. I will do the same for any future printed info and speeches too.
Time Out

United States

#1234 Mar 11, 2013
Mark Jones wrote:
I have had some people contact me concerned that, along with my anti-nepotism stance, that I am opposed to all administrators' current salaries, including principals and vice principals. That is NOT the case. I am opposed to the salaries that are being given to new assistant superintendants. I also feel that the salary caps for our superintendant and her assistants are set too high. I believe that we can have quality leadership that compensates well but doesn't cost as much as these salaries are. We have too many needs for our students and for books/supplies for our schools.
I apologize for not clarifying my stand on this. I will check my web site to ensure that I emphasize CENTRAL OFFICE administrators, and not simply administrators. I will do the same for any future printed info and speeches too.
Mark,
I like alot of what you have to say, are you going to have any public events to meet you in person?
Robert

United States

#1235 Mar 12, 2013
Mark Jones wrote:
Thnks Mark, I agree with a lot of what you are saying. Can you provide us with contact information so we can help with your campaign? You need to put up some large signs.
embarrassedtaxpa yer

Saint Louis, MO

#1236 Mar 12, 2013
Mark Jones wrote:
Does anyone know what the FIRED SUPER from DESOTO Will be making$$$$'S when he starts as ASST. SUPER. at FOX. STOP NEPOTISM, VOTE OUT existing B.O.E. ELECT MARK JONES & STEVE HOLOWAY for Fox Board. We need to hold FOX ADMINITRATION accountable for their poor decisions. EXAMPLES, UNQUALIFIED FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR @ 65,000.00 per/yr. Hiring relatives and family in positions that are NOT in the best interest of our children. The DICTATORSHIP and BULLING style of management by FOX ADMINISTRATION. Not letting the taxpayer voice their opinons and concerns about the horrible JOB, SHE/SUPER and FOX BOARD are doing. Hopefully this is another Rockwood in the making.
Mark Jones

Arnold, MO

#1237 Mar 12, 2013
You can find out more on my web site www.missouriforjones.org , including all upcoming events and past events. My e-mail address is [email protected] Send me a note and we can talk on the phone or meet in person to discuss things.

My next scheduled event is Monday at the Republicans club, then Tuesday before the school board meeting. I have to cut out early to see my son's spring concert at Rickman. I am meeting privately this afternoon with a couple of people, on the phone tonight with another, then meeting with another in the morning, but those aren't public meetings. Like I said, just contact me and we can talk.

I have 18"x24" yard signs. I didn't have enough money for large ones. I have about 50 up so far and am putting more up today. I need to get some up in high traffic areas in the Seckman region of the district, as well as over near the Astra Way and Melody Lane areas of Arnold. Spread the word and have people contact me to get a yard sign.
remember when

United States

#1238 Mar 12, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Sam Ferry after rereading all of TROOPS posts.
I have come to the conclusion and strong opinion your vile and disturbed TROOP is AKA Mike Evans.

Fox teacher that is causing a disturbance all over town.
Vile and disgruntled...has panties are in a huge wad! Attacking woman on video, harassing the elderly at historical society, rap sheet listed in the news to include dwi, assault, bankruptcy etc...
I think he's your man and a good place to start with the ip address. Good luck

remember when

United States

#1239 Mar 12, 2013
remember when wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Sam Ferry after rereading all of TROOPS posts.
I have come to the conclusion and strong opinion your vile and disturbed TROOP is AKA Mike Evans.
Fox teacher that is causing a disturbance all over town.
Vile and disgruntled...has panties are in a huge wad! Attacking woman on video, harassing the elderly at historical society, rap sheet listed in the news to include dwi, assault, bankruptcy etc...
I think he's your man and a good place to start with the ip address. Good luck
Well maybe quite the little funny guys playing during work hours. Doesn't coach boy toy work with the troubled kids as well or did ? Hmm I smell huge rats !
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1240 Mar 12, 2013
remember when wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe quite the little funny guys playing during work hours. Doesn't coach boy toy work with the troubled kids as well or did ? Hmm I smell huge rats !
Thanks for the info, you may be right. I do not believe I know Mike Evans. I do know that we are actively persuing the IP address.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greedy arrogant neighbors Thu Really 4
Crystal city Thu Really 2
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) Aug 27 Flying Pigs 81
hiding kids Aug 26 seeit 1
Why do people in trailer parks (Mar '09) Aug 25 Cancer Every Where 42
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Aug 23 showman 1,289
Illegal Digging in Missouri (Sep '12) Aug 22 Check Fraud 63
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Imperial Mortgages