Apu

High Ridge, MO

#1161 Mar 5, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed! Here's the thing about that "dead horse", it is the tip of such an enormous iceberg. And as human nature goes things like this seem to die down given enough time. So if the elections go the way of the past, or even if one or two board members are replaced, it is a very long time between now and the next election. I think there will be some noise simply because it'll be Linda Nash's turn,and I promise to be a loud part of that noise, but generally speaking people have short memories when it comes to these things. In the meantime there are so many other concerns that need to be addressed. The nepotism, the use of legal muscle to shut people up, the questionable practices with the dumbing up or down of job qualifications to fit those who are "pre-chosen", the lack of transparency with the community, and the endless bullying and lack of anger management by some in the administration towards employees who question them. Hey I wonder about things like gender bias. Is it possible that this district has not had a single female applicant recently that was qualified for an asst. super position? I may be way off on that, but when you look at the % of women in this field compared to men and realize they are not represented in the asst. super roles it seems odd. Maybe I am wrong, any thoughts on that?
Like I said the other day, we can help the district with these and other things as we continue to open up this can of worms, and by having an avenue for anyone and everyone to speak up. Feel free to participate by writing to: Citizens For Change, P.O. Box 390, Arnold, MO 63010
No female assistant sups? You're on to something! While we're at it- why don't we have any transgender Kurdish yak herders on our administration? Call ACLU- immediately.
Apu

High Ridge, MO

#1162 Mar 5, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
Just wonder who else is feeling the heartbreak I am feeling over the recent news that the asst. director of food services has decided to retire? I have said this before, I did not really know her, and I have not spoken to her. What I say here I say from my heart, with tears!
I do not know of a larger injustice that has been done to an individual in this school district than her retirement! If anyone says it was her choice, then you are an idiot! This decision, which only comes to someone with obvious honor and self respect, is to be laid squarely at the feet of Dianne Critchlow, Todd Scott, Tim Crutchley, and the Board, all of whom were apparently born without hearts as well as testicles!
Of course they have justified this cruelty because they have no shame in them. Why was this done, why! Do not try and tell me it is because the new hire is such a flippin skilled manager you gutless pieces of crap. I would bet my life they can not produce a single evaluation that even indicated they were not happy with the asst. They never sat her down and said "you are doing a great job, but we would like you to improve in such and such." I know that because they are cowards of the highest order.They talk out of all corners of the mouth, none of them have the ability to be honest with people.
Please tell me I am not the only one who is both heartsick and horrified by this! What in God's name has happened to people that we allow this? I am sorry that I was ever associated with people of such low degree!
Now of course, her retirement will not have the joy, honor, and thankfulness that it would of had, should of had. She worked hard all those years, and was praised for it, only to be spat upon and slapped around before she departs. I said this on my first post and I say it again! I will be at every single board meeting until this board,(and administration) as we know it is replaced! I will do it for the simple fact that someone, everyone, should show their support for her and their distain for this board.
This retirement, this obvious injustice, this heartbreak she must have gone through is the sin of NEPOTISM!
Now, Sam, you seem like an articulate, forthright guy. This is speculation, however. We don't really KNOW this, do we? Let's stay with facts only. In some aspects, you make a good case. This isn't one, sorry.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1163 Mar 5, 2013
Apu wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, Sam, you seem like an articulate, forthright guy. This is speculation, however. We don't really KNOW this, do we? Let's stay with facts only. In some aspects, you make a good case. This isn't one, sorry.
Who is we? I know this! What part of this story are you fully informed on?
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1164 Mar 5, 2013
Apu wrote:
<quoted text>
No female assistant sups? You're on to something! While we're at it- why don't we have any transgender Kurdish yak herders on our administration? Call ACLU- immediately.
It was a question. If you put it in the context of race it might seem to be a more legitimate question for you. Why would gender be any different? Even with blind luck it seems like bad odds, so for me it "seems odd". But because I have made every mistake a human can make I wanted to give someone a chance to help me out with it. Did you want to take another "honest" shot at it?
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1165 Mar 5, 2013
chief wiggum wrote:
<quoted text>
Hyperbole much?
None! Do you know me?
Apu

High Ridge, MO

#1166 Mar 5, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a question. If you put it in the context of race it might seem to be a more legitimate question for you. Why would gender be any different? Even with blind luck it seems like bad odds, so for me it "seems odd". But because I have made every mistake a human can make I wanted to give someone a chance to help me out with it. Did you want to take another "honest" shot at it?
I just think that's grasping at straws a bit. The board has a super they love, why would they even remotely appear gender biased?
Apu

High Ridge, MO

#1167 Mar 5, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is we? I know this! What part of this story are you fully informed on?
"We" as in avid readers of this forum. If you indeed have a reliable resource on this, then it is indeed sad- assuming she was better qualified.
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

#1168 Mar 5, 2013
Apu wrote:
<quoted text>
My observation is that SHE surrounds herself with men.
Confused

Arnold, MO

#1169 Mar 5, 2013
Troop 5, 6, 11, 12, or whatever number you choose to insinuate that you have people supporting you

I see you consistently state that our board and administration are working hard to provide our children the best education possible, and that is commendable. It would be a shame if these individuals became involved in our district for selfish, self-serving reasons. While I do not believe that all these individuals are corrupt as some have stated, I do not understand your constant personal attacks on taxpayers who ask questions. Isn't that what we want our children to do? I find it ironic that one so devoted to protecting the district students wouldn't want answer to some of these questions.

Finally, as the district protector on this forum, please remember Fox has been recognized as a National School of Character - show some!
Confused

Arnold, MO

#1170 Mar 5, 2013
Troopster - I am sure Ruth Newman appreciated that you called her Linda Nash.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1171 Mar 5, 2013
Apu wrote:
<quoted text>
"We" as in avid readers of this forum. If you indeed have a reliable resource on this, then it is indeed sad- assuming she was better qualified.
Someday....when the fear is removed these reliable resources will speak for themselves.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1172 Mar 5, 2013
Apu wrote:
<quoted text>
I just think that's grasping at straws a bit. The board has a super they love, why would they even remotely appear gender biased?
Who knows why people do what they do? But my question was do we not have qualified women applying for these positions? If only men apply then we know why, but if there are qualified women then why aren't they represented! Addit is most likely correct.....it's raining men!
soooo what can be done

Arnold, MO

#1173 Mar 5, 2013
Yes this is very sad. It is a total slap in her face.
Curious how the district will word the job posting for this one. Will they even replace the Assistant? I'm sure they will have to, and with someone who already has all the credentials so that the new director will have someone to do all her work while she goes to school.
Wonder if this will be an in house only position? Do you think the BOE would dare go outside of the district to fill this one? How many of the districts food service employees will apply for this job, and how many will actually get interviews?
Sam Ferry wrote:
Just wonder who else is feeling the heartbreak I am feeling over the recent news that the asst. director of food services has decided to retire? I have said this before, I did not really know her, and I have not spoken to her. What I say here I say from my heart, with tears!
I do not know of a larger injustice that has been done to an individual in this school district than her retirement! If anyone says it was her choice, then you are an idiot! This decision, which only comes to someone with obvious honor and self respect, is to be laid squarely at the feet of Dianne Critchlow, Todd Scott, Tim Crutchley, and the Board, all of whom were apparently born without hearts as well as testicles!
Of course they have justified this cruelty because they have no shame in them. Why was this done, why! Do not try and tell me it is because the new hire is such a flippin skilled manager you gutless pieces of crap. I would bet my life they can not produce a single evaluation that even indicated they were not happy with the asst. They never sat her down and said "you are doing a great job, but we would like you to improve in such and such." I know that because they are cowards of the highest order.They talk out of all corners of the mouth, none of them have the ability to be honest with people.
Please tell me I am not the only one who is both heartsick and horrified by this! What in God's name has happened to people that we allow this? I am sorry that I was ever associated with people of such low degree!
Now of course, her retirement will not have the joy, honor, and thankfulness that it would of had, should of had. She worked hard all those years, and was praised for it, only to be spat upon and slapped around before she departs. I said this on my first post and I say it again! I will be at every single board meeting until this board,(and administration) as we know it is replaced! I will do it for the simple fact that someone, everyone, should show their support for her and their distain for this board.
This retirement, this obvious injustice, this heartbreak she must have gone through is the sin of NEPOTISM!
soooo what can be done

Arnold, MO

#1174 Mar 5, 2013
Apu wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that the assistant is going to retire, in June.
remember when

United States

#1175 Mar 5, 2013
soooo what can be done wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that the assistant is going to retire, in June.
Well can you blame her ? She probably worked her butt off to have all the right credentials and gets passed over by an uneducated bag filler at mickey d's
that has no idea what she is doing and is trying to play catch up at night. Are you kidding me ?
It's not just a slap in the face but a broken neck!

I think the whole dept. should go on strike till they throw that idiot out and all the kids should join them and not buy lunches for a month.
See if miss thang wants to do her duck and dodge dance with that .
Demanding change

United States

#1176 Mar 6, 2013
I wonder who the hamburgalar, is going to have do her job after the assistant (real) director retires.
Apu

High Ridge, MO

#1177 Mar 6, 2013
Maybe she retired out of aggravation. Maybe she was ready to retire. Maybe you know more about it than I do. I don't know diddly.

I have to wonder, though, if she was that close to retirement maybe the board and admin didn't want to put someone in that slot that would get out within a year or two anyway. Again, I don't know diddly, but it does make sense.
Apu

High Ridge, MO

#1178 Mar 6, 2013
remember when wrote:
<quoted text>
Well can you blame her ? She probably worked her butt off to have all the right credentials and gets passed over by an uneducated bag filler at mickey d's
that has no idea what she is doing and is trying to play catch up at night. Are you kidding me ?
It's not just a slap in the face but a broken neck!
I think the whole dept. should go on strike till they throw that idiot out and all the kids should join them and not buy lunches for a month.
See if miss thang wants to do her duck and dodge dance with that .
If she was passed over solely due to nepotism, then I wouldn't blame her, no.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1179 Mar 6, 2013
Apu wrote:
Maybe she retired out of aggravation. Maybe she was ready to retire. Maybe you know more about it than I do. I don't know diddly.
I have to wonder, though, if she was that close to retirement maybe the board and admin didn't want to put someone in that slot that would get out within a year or two anyway. Again, I don't know diddly, but it does make sense.
It was nepotism and there is NO argument against that. The way retirement works is it is based on your final three years of income. So considering it was a step up in pay for her it would have been a MINIMUM of three years before she would of retired. Could of been much more depending on how many years she has actually been with the district.

Take a look at the requirements for that particular job, look at the lack of qualifications of the person who actually got the job and you will believe this. Kelly Nash got the job because her mother in law is the board president!

You sound like a decent person, and that is what makes this so hard for people to accept. I would never do that, and most people wouldn't either. It seems unbelievable that anyone would do that, so there must be a logical, acceptable reason. I personally know these people, and not only would they do that, they did do that!
Demanding change

Kansas City, MO

#1180 Mar 6, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
It was nepotism and there is NO argument against that. The way retirement works is it is based on your final three years of income. So considering it was a step up in pay for her it would have been a MINIMUM of three years before she would of retired. Could of been much more depending on how many years she has actually been with the district.
Take a look at the requirements for that particular job, look at the lack of qualifications of the person who actually got the job and you will believe this. Kelly Nash got the job because her mother in law is the board president!
You sound like a decent person, and that is what makes this so hard for people to accept. I would never do that, and most people wouldn't either. It seems unbelievable that anyone would do that, so there must be a logical, acceptable reason. I personally know these people, and not only would they do that, they did do that!
Hey Sam,
How about getting that petition started to remove some school board members, that would be a step in the right direction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox school can you believe it (Feb '11) 1 hr Eileen 10
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 1 hr Ssdd 456
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr White House Muslim 96,924
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 2 hr Mugsy 440
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 hr zimbobwayy 2,705
where is Lynn messer 6 hr concerned 10
County Councilman Boyer 7 hr Boyer fan 58
•••
•••
•••

Imperial Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Imperial People Search