Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#999 Feb 23, 2013
concerned resident wrote:
Kudos to all of you who are bickering like kids on this post. I made this thread simply asking if there was anyting anyone could do about the injustice of an unqualified food director. As a result, we are almost at a thousand posts, and just as I expected, our cause isn't one inch closer to its goal.
It's almost as though, because it is cold outside, your winter hobby is wasting your time (and other's) with nonsensical posts that do nothing but waste people's time. If anything, most of you who open your mouths on here are only helping administration, because you make all of us who are against it, sound like idiots. Kudos ladies and gentlman, for destroying a valid thread, just as usual.
If you are who you say you are I have always wanted to thank you for starting this thread. Maybe that was your role in all this, to get the ball rolling. If you have now given up on the end result I think I'd say it's much to early to make that call. This is a fight, it gets heated, you should not let the squabbling detour you from telling others of the injustive that was done. If it was a bad hire when you first posted then it is still a bad hire, you either meant what you said back then or you did not. When the conversation spirals downward I try to think of those employees that got hurt by this hire, if anything will keep you "in the game" that will! Stay in the fight CR, it is worth it for them, just ignore the detractors, and do your best not to be one.
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

#1000 Feb 23, 2013
Cosmo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm confused. Will there be mass pole dancing when all these people show up? If so, count me in!
Maybe it's an expedition to the north pole? A swap meet of antique barber poles?
Please elaborate!
Say something intelligent.
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

#1001 Feb 23, 2013
concerned resident wrote:
Kudos to all of you who are bickering like kids on this post. I made this thread simply asking if there was anyting anyone could do about the injustice of an unqualified food director. As a result, we are almost at a thousand posts, and just as I expected, our cause isn't one inch closer to its goal.
It's almost as though, because it is cold outside, your winter hobby is wasting your time (and other's) with nonsensical posts that do nothing but waste people's time. If anything, most of you who open your mouths on here are only helping administration, because you make all of us who are against it, sound like idiots. Kudos ladies and gentlman, for destroying a valid thread, just as usual.
Have you been paying attention? Sam and a few brave souls are doing the dirty work for you.
Addit

Saint Louis, MO

#1002 Feb 23, 2013
TROOP 11 wrote:
Last I checked "live it" and others like her, are still on my list of people who can kiss my a$$. Sam, people don't get fired because they did nothing wrong. You need to do some soul searching and understand the real reasons why you think you were given the shaft. I'm sure you did nothing wrong for them to let you go! They just the secret wheel of termination and it happened tp land on you. Lol It's probably this same idiotic attitude and personality you display on here tht helped them decide you no longer need to be employed with the district...I'd imagine.
Are you paying attention? It was already stated that Sam stood up to his bully boss and told him to basically F off. Bosses should not be able to bully.
Iggy Pop

Saint Louis, MO

#1003 Feb 23, 2013
Addit wrote:
<quoted text>Are you paying attention? It was already stated that Sam stood up to his bully boss and told him to basically F off. Bosses should not be able to bully.
I'd say that too if I got fired. Is that the only job he's been fired from?
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1004 Feb 23, 2013
Iggy Pop wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say that too if I got fired. Is that the only job he's been fired from?
Seriously, that is all you have, that is the level you want to bring this up to? You want to know about my personal life? Well here is how that works, I'll answer any question you have as soon as you post your name. No tricks, no b.s., your start posting who you are and I'll let you have an exclusive! Let's see what you are made of! This is not about me as much as you want it to be, it is about a group of people who used their power and name in a way that was contrary to the ethical standards they promised they would go by. Although I believe that you would say that you'd been fired even if it were not true, you would only do that because you were not proud of being fired! I have said it before and I'll say it again I am proud they fired me. Because it is a relative certainty that you will not have the courage to post who you are let me ask you a question you can answer. Would you consider the hiring of Kelly Nash a just or unjust action to the qualified employees who applied for the job. It is a simple question Iggy, take a side!
Under the bus

Brookfield, CT

#1005 Feb 23, 2013
Caution to those who will work with Arbeitman....

He is very insecure and will quickly throw someone under the bus if it will make him look better. He will spend much of the first year asking people if he is doing a better job than the person he replaced. He is constantly in need of someone telling him how great he is.

Enjoy.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#1006 Feb 23, 2013
TROOP 11 wrote:
I support the board, the administration, the teachers and the kids... I will defend the very people who have my children with them more than Most parents do.
Troop, it's good to see you supporting those who spend the most time with your kids. That's exactly as it should be. My question is exactly how much time on an average day do you think Dianne, Todd, and the members of the school board spend with your kids? You think Todd's down in the food service office teaching Kelly how to interpret government regs on nutritional values? You think Dianne's working shoulder to shoulder with her to make sure she understands how to protect kids with food allergies? You think the school board members are in the cafeterias serving up the food that's on the menus she's responsible for?

How about Linda Nash, Troop? Have your kids mentioned lately that she's been spending time in their classrooms telling them that if they work hard in school, go to college, get a degree, and do what it takes to excel at their jobs that their effort will pay off and give them a competitive edge over those who haven't made the same kind of effort? Think she brings Kelly along as Exhibit A for a little bit of show and tell?

It ain't happening Troop. None of it is. The ones that spend the most time with your kids are the teachers, bus drivers, food service workers and other support personnel. And the best and brightest of them know that at Fox effort does not necessarily equal reward. If they're intellectually honest, can you expect them to teach your kids anything else?
Evelyn

Arnold, MO

#1007 Feb 23, 2013
Whoever the guy is that supervises over the cleaning staff at the schools at night must be related to someone to get and keep his job.

I've heard him telling night janitorial staff to clock out then finish their work. He really holds it over those people and they work hard already.
remember when

United States

#1008 Feb 24, 2013
Cosmo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm confused. Will there be mass pole dancing when all these people show up? If so, count me in!
Maybe it's an expedition to the north pole? A swap meet of antique barber poles?
Please elaborate!
I would bet good money a stripper pole is not a foreign object to that hoochy super. But that aside.
My phone has a tendency to change words to suit it's self and when on the fly I really don't have time to proof read.
You don't like it . Too bad for you. Poll poll POLL
Does that make you... happy happy happy ?

Now back to the problem !
THE NON QUALIFIED MICKEY D'S FRY QUEEN IN CHARGE
OF THE FOOD PROGRAM !
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1009 Feb 24, 2013
Evelyn wrote:
Whoever the guy is that supervises over the cleaning staff at the schools at night must be related to someone to get and keep his job.
I've heard him telling night janitorial staff to clock out then finish their work. He really holds it over those people and they work hard already.
Listen no one respects the man less than I do, and I never said he did not have qualifications, although his wife was an associate superintendant at the time of his appointment he was certainly qualified. BUT!!!!!!! I have not and do not say things about him that are not true! Fox staff do not clock in and clock out! Being a bully is not always a person holding a hammer over your head, sometimes it is a repeated behavior that agitates and divides the fellow workers, a much more subtle pushing of buttons . My beef was never that he made people work when they shouldn't, it was just the opposite, he did not make people wotk when they should have been. I have only said what I said about him because I was trying to explain why I was fired. He does not deserve to be drug into this fight which is why I have NEVER posted his name! If you would have "heard him telling night janitorial staff" anything you would not be wondering who he was!
FeD uP

Arnold, MO

#1010 Feb 24, 2013
Evelyn wrote:

Hansons wife is a retired assistant superintendent. They created that position right before her retirement. He is a real piece of work.
Barb

United States

#1011 Feb 24, 2013
FeD uP wrote:
<quoted text>
Hansons wife is a retired assistant superintendent. They created that position right before her retirement. He is a real piece of work.
Whine, whine, whine. All everyone does on here is whine. The real issue is how do we get new board members to change things? The election is about a month away and I see no one doing much to make sure Pete and Ruthann do not get reelected. I think Mark Jones is a good candidate who will watch out for the taxpayers. I will go out and work for him. Are you going to do anything for him or just W H I N E!!!!!!
Cosmo

Fenton, MO

#1012 Feb 24, 2013
remember when wrote:
<quoted text>
I would bet good money a stripper pole is not a foreign object to that hoochy super. But that aside.
My phone has a tendency to change words to suit it's self and when on the fly I really don't have time to proof read.
You don't like it . Too bad for you. Poll poll POLL
Does that make you... happy happy happy ?
Now back to the problem !
THE NON QUALIFIED MICKEY D'S FRY QUEEN IN CHARGE
OF THE FOOD PROGRAM !
Mine does this, too. Just having a little fun with you, couldn't resist!:)
Previ

Saint Louis, MO

#1013 Feb 24, 2013
High school education- free!
Skip college- no charge...so, free!
Get hired at Mickey D's- minimum wage!
Supervise the grillers and french fryers- a dollar more p/hr?
Get hired at Fox- wow?
Pass GO, get the FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR job@$65,000K- PRICELESS!

Ain't life grand in the C-6!!!!!
Who Knows

Arnold, MO

#1014 Feb 25, 2013
Well sure it is, as long as you are related to the Superintendent or a member of the school board.
FeD uP

United States

#1015 Feb 25, 2013
Barb wrote:
<quoted text>Whine, whine, whine. All everyone does on here is whine. The real issue is how do we get new board members to change things? The election is about a month away and I see no one doing much to make sure Pete and Ruthann do not get reelected. I think Mark Jones is a good candidate who will watch out for the taxpayers. I will go out and work for him. Are you going to do anything for him or just W H I N E!!!!!!
Garb,
I simply stated who the person in charge of custodians is. I too agree that Mark would be a great board member.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#1016 Feb 25, 2013
Barb wrote:
<quoted text>
Whine, whine, whine. All everyone does on here is whine. The real issue is how do we get new board members to change things? The election is about a month away and I see no one doing much to make sure Pete and Ruthann do not get reelected. I think Mark Jones is a good candidate who will watch out for the taxpayers. I will go out and work for him. Are you going to do anything for him or just W H I N E!!!!!!
I don't know where else you think people should go to express their collective frustration at an administration that clearly punishes those that voice their opinion. This is a publc forum, that is the purpose for it. I would not be to sure that people are not paying attention to the Board race, and therefore not doing anything about it. I believe the disconnect between parents and staff and this administration is much greater than it appears. Just because the majority is silent through fear tactics, does not mean they will be silent come April 2.There are alot of people that stand with you concerning Mark Jones .
angela

Camdenton, MO

#1017 Feb 25, 2013
angela wrote:
Does the new hire have anything to do with there being no menus posted the past 2 weeks at schoolmenu.com ? My son said the menu posted at the school is still from Jan. My kids never know whether to take or buy.
To follow up, I emailed from the edline link on 2/17 the Dir of Nutrition, Kelly Nash. Interestingly when you click on her email address it comes up as gruenewaldc. I resent it today as I've never received a response.
Demanding change

United States

#1018 Feb 25, 2013
Rockwood going through state audit, could fox be next....stay tuned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Strange sound 6 hr Cklenk 3
Mysterious Low Frequency Sound in Antonia, MO (Nov '08) 7 hr Proyperty 61
And THESE teachers should be teaching our eleme... 22 hr DisgustedwithFoxT... 1
Neighbors Fighting At Bottom of Hill on Carter Sat Froglady 40
Black hair gal walking on shoulder I-55 in Peve... Sat Homewrecker 14
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Fri FredFromArnold 1,495
I moved Jan 17 Baaahha 5

Imperial Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance