Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#857 Feb 9, 2013
Seriously wrote:
When's the last time you read to a child, played catch or prayed with one? You want to see a positive change in this world, start with YOURSELF!
When was the last time you tried to feed 12,000 of them a day? Kid's don't learn, or play catch, or even pray well when they're hungry. Why don't you stop being a sanctimonious apologist for Dianne and stop by the school food service office and see for yourself how well Kelly's skill set as a fry cook is translating into dealing with the job of feeding those children.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#858 Feb 9, 2013
Informed wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you may not like the fact that relatives get hired but it is NOT (repeat) NOT against ANY laws.
Informed, you're missing the point. It's not just nepotism that's at issue here. If Dianne or Todd or Linda were only hiring their relatives to do jobs they're qualified to do then we wouldn't still be having this discussion. What's made people angry is that they've graduated from jumping qualified relatives ahead of others on the "to be hired list" to hiring unqualified relatives for jobs like food service director. Do you honestly think a McDonald's assistant manager is qualified to step into the position she did and have any clue how to run a department responsible for feeding 12,000 kids a day?
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#859 Feb 9, 2013
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine "pulling kids into this" you big idiot it should be all about the kids not what adult wasn't chosen for the job and is all jealous and ticked, or the Hoosier custodian that got fired or the hag ex wife. Imagine, actually thinking about kids in a forum about children's education.
You don't think people talking about the fact that Dianne, Todd and Linda put a BQ in charge of feeding 12,000 students every day has anything to do with the kids?
Live It

Saint Louis, MO

#860 Feb 9, 2013
Scooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Right, Live It...You have not a clue what you are speaking. Oh! I forgot since it is spoken on here that it is a fact. This forum is a joke. Strong accusations you make with not a thing to justify your comment.
I do know, Scootie. Ask any teacher at SHS or FHS; it IS fact. Failing grades are changed so kids will graduate and not drop out, or to pass a problem student to get them out of school, or if a parent calls and raises enough hell. Teachers are often asked to change the grades, but your kids are being educated by some great people with high morals and values and they refuse to do it. Then certain individuals with administrative degrees go ahead and do it themselves behind the teacher's back; happens on a regular basis.
You are not serious

Saint Louis, MO

#861 Feb 9, 2013
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine "pulling kids into this" you big idiot it should be all about the kids not what adult wasn't chosen for the job and is all jealous and ticked, or the Hoosier custodian that got fired or the hag ex wife. Imagine, actually thinking about kids in a forum about children's education.
Yeah that's the big cry of those that cannot defend this lame hiring! "Oh but the kids, the kids, no one cares about the kids". What a joke! I'll bet you that was the big tipping point for the decision to hire a non-qualified family member over qualified employees, "now understand the only reason we are hiring a person with no tangible understanding in the field of health and nutrition is because we love the kids so much. If we did not care so much for their well being we would of hired someone who we knew was qualified." You do not have the most basic understanding of what is good for kids and yet you throw stones? You have zero credibility! Caring about kids would have been putting a qualified person in charge of food services, thatis simple enough for even you to understand!
Scooter

United States

#862 Feb 9, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time you tried to feed 12,000 of them a day? Kid's don't learn, or play catch, or even pray well when they're hungry. Why don't you stop being a sanctimonious apologist for Dianne and stop by the school food service office and see for yourself how well Kelly's skill set as a fry cook is translating into dealing with the job of feeding those children.
Wow...not exaggerating or anything are you? Red 5 - just to let you know your 12,000 number just shows your skills at trying to add some spark to a topic that has run its course. Yawn already. Apologist for no one. Let the woman do her job.
Scooter

United States

#863 Feb 9, 2013
Live It wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know, Scootie. Ask any teacher at SHS or FHS; it IS fact. Failing grades are changed so kids will graduate and not drop out, or to pass a problem student to get them out of school, or if a parent calls and raises enough hell. Teachers are often asked to change the grades, but your kids are being educated by some great people with high morals and values and they refuse to do it. Then certain individuals with administrative degrees go ahead and do it themselves behind the teacher's back; happens on a regular basis.
Yeah sure it does. Live it-total fabrication.
Trying to help

Saint Louis, MO

#864 Feb 9, 2013
Scooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...not exaggerating or anything are you? Red 5 - just to let you know your 12,000 number just shows your skills at trying to add some spark to a topic that has run its course. Yawn already. Apologist for no one. Let the woman do her job.
You meant let the people who should be doing the job do the job for her until she's obtained the qualifications to do the job right? Just trying to help.
Scooter

United States

#865 Feb 9, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Informed, you're missing the point. It's not just nepotism that's at issue here. If Dianne or Todd or Linda were only hiring their relatives to do jobs they're qualified to do then we wouldn't still be having this discussion. What's made people angry is that they've graduated from jumping qualified relatives ahead of others on the "to be hired list" to hiring unqualified relatives for jobs like food service director. Do you honestly think a McDonald's assistant manager is qualified to step into the position she did and have any clue how to run a department responsible for feeding 12,000 kids a day?
Yes...yes...I do. I stand by their hires. Proof is in the pudding. Keep up the good work. People on this thread can't stand the fact that you all do an excellent job picking candidates for all positions around the district. I applaud you all for taking these shots when people selected can't even get out of the gate and given a fair shot.
Informed

Turtle Lake, ND

#866 Feb 10, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO NOT MISSING THE POINT. This whole thread is about NEPOTISM" you idiot(read the title of the thread)LOL.

If you were not in the interviews then you do not know who is qualified and who is not. My understanding is that Nash has 15+ years "managing people". That is what they were looking for is "management experence". I do not think ANY of the other applicants had that kind of experience.

So far have any kids gone without nutritional meals? NO. And they won't because the district has that plan already in place. They needed someone to "manage" the process.

My guess is most of the comments on here are either from people who are running for the school board or supporters of those candidates.
FeD uP

Alexandria, VA

#867 Feb 10, 2013
Informed wrote:
<quoted text>NO NOT MISSING THE POINT. This whole thread is about NEPOTISM" you idiot(read the title of the thread)LOL.

If you were not in the interviews then you do not know who is qualified and who is not. My understanding is that Nash has 15+ years "managing people". That is what they were looking for is "management experence". I do not think ANY of the other applicants had that kind of experience.

So far have any kids gone without nutritional meals? NO. And they won't because the district has that plan already in place. They needed someone to "manage" the process.

My guess is most of the comments on here are either from people who are running for the school board or supporters of those candidates.
Keep guessing eventually you will get it right.
You are right

Saint Louis, MO

#868 Feb 10, 2013
Informed wrote:
<quoted text>
NO NOT MISSING THE POINT. This whole thread is about NEPOTISM" you idiot(read the title of the thread)LOL.
Yes that is exactly what they were looking for, as a matter of fact, the posting had that in bold print," LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO HEAD UP THE FOOD SERVICES DEPT. WHO CAN MANAGE PEOPLE", and in very, very small print, almost unoticeable, it read,"you can always get any other qualifications, those are not that important right now." I remember the day the previous Food Service Director made it known she was leaving, she told the rest of the staff that it probably would do them no good to apply because they were not what the administration was looking for, something to the effect of, "you guys only know what it takes to run the Food Services Dept. Central Office told me they are going to need someone who hasn't bothered themself with all that but someone who could manage the misfits in this department, and someone who is really good with people".
Of course she knew nothing of the "process", the process that has absolutely zero comparison to her work experience! They had her picked long before the interviews had even begun. The reason the administration can not reasonably answer the questions from the press, but instead dodge and sidestep them, is because they hired a "family member" with no qualifications over qualified employees. That is NEPOTISM! But you're right you are not missing the point. Oh, almost forgot, and you are saying you think most of these posts are from Linda and Pete?
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#869 Feb 10, 2013
Informed wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry Informed. I thought once we'd decided about 800 posts ago that what Linda did wasn't illegal, just self-serving and short-sighted that the thread had segued into being more about our kids who attend Fox and what qualifications the people who look after them should have. My bad.
anonymous

United States

#870 Feb 10, 2013
What about giverment qualifications for thr job!! Isn't they any standard beside managing people for school lunches and stuff!! Sheesh.
Looks like the trashy leadrr's so call HR experiences not so great.
Eveybody keep letting the administratshun and boards take mor money for trashy and poor performances. No wonder they laugh when everybody complain. Heck the ppl just give them even more with bond ishue! The public scool jobs shpuld have a cap on salry. force them more workers for students and spend money on edu and not their own bottomless pits! They not laughin at elliott davis!!!
UNGAWAH

High Ridge, MO

#871 Feb 10, 2013
anonymous wrote:
What about giverment qualifications for thr job!! Isn't they any standard beside managing people for school lunches and stuff!! Sheesh.
Looks like the trashy leadrr's so call HR experiences not so great.
Eveybody keep letting the administratshun and boards take mor money for trashy and poor performances. No wonder they laugh when everybody complain. Heck the ppl just give them even more with bond ishue! The public scool jobs shpuld have a cap on salry. force them more workers for students and spend money on edu and not their own bottomless pits! They not laughin at elliott davis!!!
WHOA,there, anonymous! Don't hurt yourself! Those that don't have the intellect to put thoughts together should NOT post. Now, you just keep focusing that brain on two things: Heart beat and breathing.

Hold on, let me translate that for you - yoo shuld nit post wenn yo yo gawah nix!
angela

Camdenton, MO

#872 Feb 10, 2013
Does the new hire have anything to do with there being no menus posted the past 2 weeks at schoolmenu.com ? My son said the menu posted at the school is still from Jan. My kids never know whether to take or buy.
Live It

Saint Louis, MO

#873 Feb 10, 2013
Scooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah sure it does. Live it-total fabrication.
Now hold on there Scootie. From where do you get your information? Are you an employee at one of the HS? Are you an administrator trying to pass false information that grades don't get changed and drop out/graduation rates aren't fudged? Maybe we should have that secret reporting system, after all, so we can report names and situations without putting our jobs in jeopardy.
anonymous

United States

#874 Feb 11, 2013
Live it: you can already make anonymous reports. Why haven't your done it already if the things are so corrupt?
We Do Care

Arnold, MO

#875 Feb 11, 2013
It's called fear of retaliation. Anonymous isn't really anonymous.
Back at you

United States

#876 Feb 11, 2013
February 19th is about the nepotism!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Plea to Arnold Sewer Customers 15 hr Oh Boy 167
Election in Ward 3 (Mar '12) 15 hr Oh Boy 50
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 19 hr luvhockey 657
Arnold Historical Society and Culvers 19 hr ArnoldCC 8
Flo supports Wes? Wed Gen-Y Voter 8
Lakewood Apartments (Mar '06) Wed Dandycandy 45
Obama Allows Ebola into the USA Wed Guy Williford II 9
Imperial Dating
Find my Match

Imperial Jobs