Tim

Stockton, MO

#815 Feb 8, 2013
Be careful about a polic wrote:
First of all, I'm with all of you in that the food service issue is a questionable hire at best.
Tim, please elaborate on the entirety of a "no nepotism" policy. As you do, please keep in mind that there are many relatives employed at C-6.
We have spouses, siblings, fathers and cousins. Most are not related to board members or administrators, but to other educators.
Often, education as a profession runs in a family. We need good people, regardless of who they're related to. What I am trying to say is that, in our country, over 50% of all new teachers get out of the business within 5 years. Should a great candidate for an opening be refused employment because he/she has a relative in the district?
Granted, no one should be handed a position due to having family already there,especially if he/she is not certified or qualified. Then again, I would hate to see Fox pass up quality people due to an "anti-nepotism" policy.
I have seen Joe Salzman called out here several times. He's a good, leveled headed man with the appropriate education. Admittedly, he is "connected" but...he's a great asset, too. Do we oust him because of his relation to the super? That would be a mistake.
So, what's the answer? I am interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks for enduring the lengthy post.
The Mehlville policy needs to be adopted, it would only affect board members and high ranking administration, current employees wouldn't be affected. Changing to this policy would bring up morale, get us off the news, and back to focusing on teaching.
Timothy

United States

#816 Feb 8, 2013
anonymous wrote:
It is true that there are some lazy people in the area that don't care about the schools issues. But newman and someone else said they retire after this year so they WILL be replace. Superintendent floozy has everyone thinking they work for her. Dan smith even said it when he ran for that other office a while back. It was HILLarious! The districts can hire whoever and whatever losers they wants to but they've now gotten attention from news and pissed community people who poays attention! I heard super floozy wants to get in a job at dese when she done wirh the mess at fox. We bettter make sure that doesn't happen. Imagine that corruption spreading even more
I have talked to all but one of the board members and I have heard nothing about Newman retiring. No Dan Smith did NOT say he or any of the board members work for the superintendant. You need to do your homework, talk to the board members individually and STOP SPREADING LIES about what board members have said.

It is a shame people get on here and say things that are totally untrue and think people will believe them. Smart people talk directly to the people involved and get better informed information.
Informed

United States

#817 Feb 8, 2013
Illegal Gambling wrote:
DESE sets the nepotism policy. It is the job of the board and administration to remove even the hint of impropriety for the issue called nepotism. The taxpayers are not going to rest on this issue. The leaders of those opposed to this hire and other questionable practices will not be bullied, threatened, ridiculed, harassed or harangued into falling silent.
The company Mr. Davis works for is not supported by taxpayer dollars, the school district is.
It is funny how people will pick up on something and print the parts they want you to read. The nightly news does this every day.

DESE has NO RULE (I will repeat) NO RULE against nepotism. If they did almost EVERY school district would be in violation. There is a rule regarding "voting" to hire a relative (within the 4th degree) directly. So, when a relative is hired that board member is not allowed to vote on him/her.

We will see how much the district voters really care in 8 weeks. I have said it before and would be money on this. The turnout will be a typical 10-12% of the total registered voters. Newman and Nicholas will probably both ger reelected, Newman most certainly.
anonymous

United States

#818 Feb 8, 2013
Go look up dans words on internet he said the super said it was ok with her if he ran and stay on school board! Looks like HE don't know how a schoolboard worx. Like all the flakes. last boe meeting they said ruthann is retiring. Boohooo guess u missed that huh?
Check Again

Arnold, MO

#819 Feb 8, 2013
Informed wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny how people will pick up on something and print the parts they want you to read. The nightly news does this every day.
DESE has NO RULE (I will repeat) NO RULE against nepotism. If they did almost EVERY school district would be in violation. There is a rule regarding "voting" to hire a relative (within the 4th degree) directly. So, when a relative is hired that board member is not allowed to vote on him/her.
We will see how much the district voters really care in 8 weeks. I have said it before and would be money on this. The turnout will be a typical 10-12% of the total registered voters. Newman and Nicholas will probably both ger reelected, Newman most certainly.
Please click on the following link, it will take you to DESE's policy concerning nepotism.
http://www.dese.mo.gov/schoollaw/freqaskques/...
Check Again

Arnold, MO

#820 Feb 8, 2013
Nepotism
Article VII, Section 6 of the Missouri Constitution states the following:
"Any public officer or employee in this state who by virtue of his office or employment names or appoints to public office or employment any relative within the fourth degree, by consanguinity or affinity, shall thereby forfeit his office or employment.
Tim

Des Moines, IA

#821 Feb 8, 2013
Again, I see posts on here most likely from the current administration. Talking about how there's a policy about stepping out of the room and not voting, thereby allowing your friends on the board to vote in your relative. This is wrong, kinda like insider trading. If you want to be on the board or in administration, you should be in only to serve the students and not your family. Lets take away the "untouchable and beyond reproach " attitude and improve this district now!
Tim united states

Arnold, MO

#822 Feb 8, 2013
Gee jilted ex Stephanie thayer Enough""" jealously gets u nowhere. The floozy u refer is much smarter than you will ever be and by far cuter!!!
Dimwits

Arnold, MO

#823 Feb 8, 2013
It so easy to hid behind this blog!!! I am a parent and love our school district. Sounds like a lot of jealousy and personal attacks. Just be thankful you kids are well taken care of an educated
Whoa Nelly

High Ridge, MO

#824 Feb 8, 2013
Igit Spotter wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be cutting of your nose to spite your face.
The exact phrase I thought of.
Time Out

Kansas City, MO

#825 Feb 8, 2013
I don't care who Stephanie is, judging by your comments she works for Windsor and was the former Mrs. Critchlow. Now understand this everybody on here is not her, we are parents, teachers..., and so on . This is about hiring unqualified individuals, and demanding better from this administration and board nothing else. If you want to talk about exes and personal attacks start a new topic.
mommax2

Saint Louis, MO

#827 Feb 8, 2013
This nepotism stuff is getting old. Did my research instead of listening to Davis and Simpson (or Thayer?) Please consider the facts.

Applicants are interviewed by committee, if it's a relative (of staff or a board member) that individual cannot be part of the procedure, not everyone who looks like the ideal candidate on paper is the best person for the job, interviews are an important part of the screening process, many of the district staff members come from a long line of educators, and at any time you can apply for a posted position. Candidates are rated and the committee makes recommendation based on the factors listed above. The supt. doesn't pick. The BOE doesn't just "pick" an employee. There is a multi-step process.

Remember that the kids who are reading your signs, your postings, and seeing you on tv will be the ones taking care of you when you are older. They will be your Dr., grocer, pharmacist, police officer, etc. You are setting an example either directly or indirectly.

I wish more people would spend your free time volunteering in the schools, helping in a local food pantry, or doing something productive and helpful instead of cruel and spiteful.
Like it Is

Arnold, MO

#828 Feb 8, 2013
mommax2 wrote:
This nepotism stuff is getting old. Did my research instead of listening to Davis and Simpson (or Thayer?) Please consider the facts.
Applicants are interviewed by committee, if it's a relative (of staff or a board member) that individual cannot be part of the procedure, not everyone who looks like the ideal candidate on paper is the best person for the job, interviews are an important part of the screening process, many of the district staff members come from a long line of educators, and at any time you can apply for a posted position. Candidates are rated and the committee makes recommendation based on the factors listed above. The supt. doesn't pick. The BOE doesn't just "pick" an employee. There is a multi-step process.
Remember that the kids who are reading your signs, your postings, and seeing you on tv will be the ones taking care of you when you are older. They will be your Dr., grocer, pharmacist, police officer, etc. You are setting an example either directly or indirectly.
I wish more people would spend your free time volunteering in the schools, helping in a local food pantry, or doing something productive and helpful instead of cruel and spiteful.
I wish you would refrain from choosing what others do with their spare time. You do what you want with your time and let the others do what they like. You concentrate on your life and don't worry about ours. Next time you are at the food pantry, why don't you try teaching the people how to feed themselves instead of relying on the goodness of others year after year? Teach them to fish instead of feeding it to them.
As far as what the children learn, yeah, maybe they should learn that life isn't hunky dory all the time and sometimes you lose, the playing field isn't equal, like at this school, some people have an unfair advantage because there are relatives paving the way, not participating, wink wink in their being chosen for hire.
mommax2

Saint Louis, MO

#830 Feb 8, 2013
I didn't choose for you. I gave productive suggestions. Maybe getting out and into the schools would give you a better picture of how life really is! Not everyone is bitter and negative.

The Fox District didn't receive Distinction In Performance Awards every year since their inception for nothing. It's because it employs quality staff who do a great job of educating our youth!

If I worked in the school system and my kid wanted to teach there I would hope that he/she wouldn't be passed over for an interview or a job because of that.
RSJ watcher

Arnold, MO

#831 Feb 8, 2013
I find it completely ironic that this boy ended up as part of Elliot's report. Rich, let's define nepotism. This goes way back to your daddy aka. senior, who was an assistant superintendent while your mother was a teacher and you and your sister were on the payroll too. You were there working with the company "minds eye". Your dad hired you and your sister. Your company was terrible and you were fired. No wonder you have problems with Fox! You are a text book hippocrit. How in the world can you live with yourself? I was in central office back in the 80's. You should be so ashamed of yourself and the Benedict Arnold person you have become to the district. I'm old now, but if weren't, I'd wash your mouth out with soap for all the filth and lies you spread. Your parents are great people. True to their profession and the people in it. What happened to you?
Like it Is

Arnold, MO

#832 Feb 8, 2013
Bitter and negative, translate truth. Not bitter at all, just suggesting a dose of reality. Trouble with people like you, anyone who dares bring out the truth is accused of being bitter and negative. The Fox District received Distinction because they hide the fights, the students who can't make it in regular class are coddled and given make work to do in order to walk with those who actually do all of their work. You have some great educators, but you also have some that are not only not so great, but downright unqualified, but because they are "related" they not only get by, they step right over more qualified individuals. Don't tell me I'm bitter because I tell the truth, stop looking at the world through rose colored glasses and see what is real.
JustDoIt

Saint Louis, MO

#833 Feb 8, 2013
WOW. I didn't realize these were the Mind's Eye people from way back in the day.....that's interesting! IT EXPLAINS A WHOLE LOT!!!!
Thanks RSJ watcher! Good to know!
Back at you

Kansas City, MO

#834 Feb 8, 2013
RSJ watcher wrote:
I find it completely ironic that this boy ended up as part of Elliot's report. Rich, let's define nepotism. This goes way back to your daddy aka. senior, who was an assistant superintendent while your mother was a teacher and you and your sister were on the payroll too. You were there working with the company "minds eye". Your dad hired you and your sister. Your company was terrible and you were fired. No wonder you have problems with Fox! You are a text book hippocrit. How in the world can you live with yourself? I was in central office back in the 80's. You should be so ashamed of yourself and the Benedict Arnold person you have become to the district. I'm old now, but if weren't, I'd wash your mouth out with soap for all the filth and lies you spread. Your parents are great people. True to their profession and the people in it. What happened to you?
Central office secretaries should watch the stone throwing, it my bounce back and hit the library window.
Scooter

United States

#835 Feb 9, 2013
This district is doing well because of many factors: concerned and dedicated teachers, support staff, students, their parents, administrators, Board members, etc.
This forum wreaks of negativity. I support those that continue to fight for the students day-in-day-out and not give another thought to those that have personal agendas and seek to destroy positive things that are happening. I hope those that are so angry find peace. Geez-come on already.
Informed

United States

#836 Feb 9, 2013
Check Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Please click on the following link, it will take you to DESE's policy concerning nepotism.
http://www.dese.mo.gov/schoollaw/freqaskques/...
Did so and RE-READ AGAIN and AGAIN NO (repeat) NO RULE AGAIST nepotism. Only states that BOE members cannot vote for members of their own family within the 4th degree.

If it were against the rules then almost EVERY school district in the state would be in violation. You may not like it but it is NOT in violation for board members the hire other board member's relatives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meth Lab Smell (Oct '11) 7 hr your Pappas 19
value village 14 hr Dave 6
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) Sat Light Bulb Drama 54
Rand Paul for US President Fri StupidObamaZombies 6
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Fri Paul Bunyan 1,254
Who are the cute guys in crystal? (Oct '08) Fri Schools 14
Petco Flawed Dogs on Saturdays (Mar '10) Apr 23 Shelti1007 37
More from around the web

Imperial People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]