Nepotism on Fox schoolboard
Insider

Cape Girardeau, MO

#407 Jan 10, 2013
I heard the other guy's aunt was a janitor at Seckman.
Hmmm

Imperial, MO

#408 Jan 10, 2013
Steve Holloway graduated from Fox High, and his wife is a teacher at Antonia Elementary. From what I know of him, he isn't a free thinker, but more of one of a herd.
Information Overload

United States

#409 Jan 10, 2013
We must show the current School Board, the hires of family over qualified personnel is not going to be tolerated by voting out the incumbents! On the same note if you'll remember Mark McEneny former Board Member, 20$ an hour mail carrier position which pay is supposed to be custodial, turned Seckman School Resource Officer made a deal to get his job after leaving Board, and his wife is co-head of maintenance dept. I hear they are scheming to get one of their daughters hired as a teacher, word has it Critchlow has already gave her a job for next year! Nicholas will try to make a deal for Maintenance job when he Loses election !
Insider

United States

#410 Jan 10, 2013
Information Overload wrote:
We must show the current School Board, the hires of family over qualified personnel is not going to be tolerated by voting out the incumbents! On the same note if you'll remember Mark McEneny former Board Member, 20$ an hour mail carrier position which pay is supposed to be custodial, turned Seckman School Resource Officer made a deal to get his job after leaving Board, and his wife is co-head of maintenance dept. I hear they are scheming to get one of their daughters hired as a teacher, word has it Critchlow has already gave her a job for next year! Nicholas will try to make a deal for Maintenance job when he Loses election !
You and I should write a gossip column in the Leader. We could even hire paparazzi. With the connections we have and the amount of insider information literally bursting out of our seams nobody in Arnold will have to worry about their own lives again! Just picture it! Psst...word around town is there are even more people who are related to other people in the district. In fact, this even bleeds over to other districts. I heard that there was a guy from the Mehlville district who is related to someone at Clyde Hamerick!
Yup

Fenton, MO

#411 Jan 10, 2013
Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I should write a gossip column in the Leader. We could even hire paparazzi. With the connections we have and the amount of insider information literally bursting out of our seams nobody in Arnold will have to worry about their own lives again! Just picture it! Psst...word around town is there are even more people who are related to other people in the district. In fact, this even bleeds over to other districts. I heard that there was a guy from the Mehlville district who is related to someone at Clyde Hamerick!
Isn't this thread pathetic and absurd?
Information Overload

United States

#412 Jan 10, 2013
Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry you won't have to hire Paparazzi , it's supplied freely by the local news! As far as people being related, and employed by a large employer it happens. The problem is superiorly qualified people are not getting the jobs over someone's family ties, this is called Nepotism! Thanks to people speaking up it will not be overlooked anymore, and by the way every unqualified or underqualified person hired reflects back on US the taxpayer in our home values, so I'm being concerned about my own life, and how my tax money is being used!
Time Out

United States

#413 Jan 10, 2013
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't this thread pathetic and absurd?
NO, it seems to be very informative, I never completely knew how deep the corruption is until this post started! People have legitimate complaints of how things are run, and at the Board meeting next Tuesday, we will have more Voices speaking about it!
SMH

Cape Girardeau, MO

#414 Jan 10, 2013
Time Out wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, it seems to be very informative, I never completely knew how deep the corruption is until this post started! People have legitimate complaints of how things are run, and at the Board meeting next Tuesday, we will have more Voices speaking about it!
You can get your point across without resorting to disrespectful and inflammatory language. Some of these people that you so flippantly call "idiot" and "scumbag" have devoted their lives to education. If you think that teachers live in the lap of luxury and are snickering as they light cigars with hundred dollar bills, you should spend a day in the classroom. Can you find civility in your voice?
Time Out

United States

#415 Jan 10, 2013
SMH wrote:
<quoted text>
You can get your point across without resorting to disrespectful and inflammatory language. Some of these people that you so flippantly call "idiot" and "scumbag" have devoted their lives to education. If you think that teachers live in the lap of luxury and are snickering as they light cigars with hundred dollar bills, you should spend a day in the classroom. Can you find civility in your voice?
First off nobody said teachers live in the lap of luxury, if you are passing over someone who has worked hard to have the next available position, and pass over them for your family , or another board members family, You are a Scumbag!If You have devoted your life to education, you would've taken an ethics class. Behavior currently on this School Board is not ethical or in the interest of anyone in this district, except the self serving Board Members and Upper Administration period!
Yup

Fenton, MO

#416 Jan 10, 2013
Time Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the deal: There are a couple of issues mentioned on here
that are questionable. This is true. As an employee at C-6 who is privy to most decisions, I have raised an eyebrow myself a couple of times.

On the other hand, many, many statements in this very post are based on rumor and speculation, mostly because the public wants them to be true...many simply are not.

People on here really need to validate some of their allegations before posting these kind of things.

Whether you like it or not; believe it or not, I know better than you do.

That's all I'm going to say.
SMH

Cape Girardeau, MO

#417 Jan 10, 2013
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
that are questionable. This is true. As an employee at C-6 who is privy to most decisions, I have raised an eyebrow myself a couple of times.
On the other hand, many, many statements in this very post are based on rumor and speculation, mostly because the public wants them to be true...many simply are not.
People on here really need to validate some of their allegations before posting these kind of things.
Exactly. From a non-employee viewpoint (I'm actually not even in Arnold anymore. I'm across the country). I see what some people have posted and can't help but see them as immature. Whether you are or not, I'm not sure. However, the way you spit out your words and quickly (and publicly) call people out with the thinnest amount of evidence seems very childish and uneducated. This isn't how informed, intelligent adults communicate. I hate to resort to name calling, but many of you seem as much of a scumbag as those you are reviling. I'll just chalk the juvenile behavior up to the anonymity of the Internet.
Time Out

United States

#418 Jan 10, 2013
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to retort, I'm an employee also , and I've seen the shenanigans that maybe you aren't privy too.so when I post something it is fact, and not speculation .
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

#419 Jan 10, 2013
People! People! Let's stay on topic. Dianne, Linda, and Todd win if we let this thread implode.

With the exception of a few friends of Linda, Todd and Scott can we all agree that:

1.Kelly Nash's hire was purely political.
2. It was not technically nepotism because Linda left the room and did not participate in the vote. Technically her colleagues on the BOE did the deed.
3.By making Kelly the "unanimous" selection of the selection committee Todd provided cover to the board so that they can say they hired the best candidate they saw.
4.Based solely on her experience (none), education (none), and professional training (debatable), Kelly is not qualified for the position of school food service director.
5. At the time Kelly was interviewed other candidates, internal and external, were more qualified than Kelly on every measurable scale.
6.It is possible that Kelly may at some point become qualified but in the meantime the taxpayers will pay $65,000 a year for her education.
7.Nepotism of this sort exists across all industries. "Who we know" has always been at least as important as "What we know".
8. What makes this situation egregious and worth protesting is that this is not an entry level job paying entry level wages that a well-connected entry level person named __________fill in the blank)jumped to the front of the line on.
9.The head of Food Service is a highly paid Director's level job that demands the skills to feed 12,000 students per day in 17 schools, manage 100+ employees and millions of dollars of food and supplies.
10.Without proper preparation Kelly has been placed into a situation where she can literally hurt our children.
11. It is in the best interests of the children of the Fox School District that she be made to resign.

Am I close? Can anyone make any non-argumentative suggestions on how to improve what I've written? Feel free to do so but remember - in this forum you and I are just preaching to the choir. Should we encourage people to contact Todd Scott directly at [email protected]@fox.k12.mo.us and Dianne Critchlow at [email protected] to ensure they know of our collective disappointment in their leadership? If they don't already know how we feel do you think it's time they did?
SMH

Cape Girardeau, MO

#420 Jan 10, 2013
Time Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to retort, I'm an employee also , and I've seen the shenanigans that maybe you aren't privy too.so when I post something it is fact, and not speculation .
With those writing skills, I sure hope you're not teaching English.
Alfie

Saint Louis, MO

#421 Jan 10, 2013
Information Overload wrote:
Who cares if their daughter gets hired as long as she has the right qualifications which includes, but is not limited to, a college degree in education. Fox C-6 has been built on hiring it's own, meaning QUALIFIED C-6 graduates and family members. That is how we have been able to garner a friendly and family atmosphere, one in which the staff cares for, and about, one another. I was an outsider, not related to anyone and not a C-6 grad, and felt lucky to get hired. The problem is with UNQUALIFIED hires; like a person getting hired at $65,000.00 and only has a high school DIPLOMA. That my friend, is at issue and should not be tolerated.
wowser

Imperial, MO

#422 Jan 10, 2013
In response to Yup, I'm sure that many of the things being written aren't true and are speculation, however, there are others that are.

It seems to me that when this last hire was made public, it has seemed to create some ire with the taxpayers here in Fox C-6. And it seems as if it were the "last straw" that some people could take. When you look at some of the promotions and hires since Dr Critchlow has become Superintendent, on the surface, it doesn't look good. Her brother was promoted, her husband was promoted, her sister-in-law was hired to teach at an elementary school.

Regardless of whether these relatives are degreed, capable administrators or teachers that are capable of doing a good job for Fox C-6, it just looks bad. I've heard many people say that since the School Board has hired Kelly Nash to head Food Service without any kind of degree, what other hires have they approved that may be questionable? Then they look at anyone related...and wonder, Were these hires the best person for the job? Were they even qualified going in?

I think that's where most of the people I've talked to are coming from. It seems to be ire for the most part, but also lack of trust. There are quite a few taxpayers here that no longer trust the Fox C-6 School Board. Maybe a change will be good for the district, maybe not. That will be left up to the voters.
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#423 Jan 10, 2013
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you say is true then you know who I am. You raised an eyebrow, are you kidding me? If you were truly "privy to most decisions" then you should have stood up and voiced your opposition to it. The current problem with the Board's most recent hire is an ETHICAL one. Just because something is legal does not make it right! The Board passed over those that were qualified for a family member that is not qualified! It was not meerly "questionable" it was wrong and there is no argument against that. Being qualified for something is a present state of being. You either are or you are not qualified, not you may have the potential to become qualified at some point in the future. It is strange to me that you are so willing to defend those that do wrong and not those who were wronged. That is NOT knowing better! The Board has simply got to go!
Sam Ferry

Fenton, MO

#424 Jan 10, 2013
Red 5 wrote:
People! People! Let's stay on topic. Dianne, Linda, and Todd win if we let this thread implode.
With the exception of a few friends of Linda, Todd and Scott can we all agree that:
1.Kelly Nash's hire was purely political.
2. It was not technically nepotism because Linda left the room and did not participate in the vote. Technically her colleagues on the BOE did the deed.
3.By making Kelly the "unanimous" selection of the selection committee Todd provided cover to the board so that they can say they hired the best candidate they saw.
4.Based solely on her experience (none), education (none), and professional training (debatable), Kelly is not qualified for the position of school food service director.
5. At the time Kelly was interviewed other candidates, internal and external, were more qualified than Kelly on every measurable scale.
6.It is possible that Kelly may at some point become qualified but in the meantime the taxpayers will pay $65,000 a year for her education.
7.Nepotism of this sort exists across all industries. "Who we know" has always been at least as important as "What we know".
8. What makes this situation egregious and worth protesting is that this is not an entry level job paying entry level wages that a well-connected entry level person named __________fill in the blank)jumped to the front of the line on.
9.The head of Food Service is a highly paid Director's level job that demands the skills to feed 12,000 students per day in 17 schools, manage 100+ employees and millions of dollars of food and supplies.
10.Without proper preparation Kelly has been placed into a situation where she can literally hurt our children.
11. It is in the best interests of the children of the Fox School District that she be made to resign.
Am I close? Can anyone make any non-argumentative suggestions on how to improve what I've written? Feel free to do so but remember - in this forum you and I are just preaching to the choir. Should we encourage people to contact Todd Scott directly at [email protected]@fox.k12.mo.us and Dianne Critchlow at [email protected] to ensure they know of our collective disappointment in their leadership? If they don't already know how we feel do you think it's time they did?
DITTO!
Time Out

United States

#425 Jan 10, 2013
SMH wrote:
<quoted text>
With those writing skills, I sure hope you're not teaching English.
No I'm not teaching engish today. Now since your not a resident of Arnold, taxpayer... Etc. feel free to find another topix wherever you are.
Time Out

United States

#426 Jan 10, 2013
Alfie wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares if their daughter gets hired as long as she has the right qualifications which includes, but is not limited to, a college degree in education. Fox C-6 has been built on hiring it's own, meaning QUALIFIED C-6 graduates and family members. That is how we have been able to garner a friendly and family atmosphere, one in which the staff cares for, and about, one another. I was an outsider, not related to anyone and not a C-6 grad, and felt lucky to get hired. The problem is with UNQUALIFIED hires; like a person getting hired at $65,000.00 and only has a high school DIPLOMA. That my friend, is at issue and should not be tolerated.
Let's take it another step, if you are the next teacher in line for a position, someone's daughter should not get it over the person that put in the time just because of who is related to who, Nepotism is a dirty word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking (Aug '15) 2 hr big dick 3
KAB Homes (Jefferson County, Mo) (Feb '07) Sun MrZ 51
Evictionpros Sun Mom is slut 7
Dark times Oct 13 Sherminator 3
Affordable Lawn Care Chris H Oct 10 Daren 50
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) Oct 10 sherri 227
News Blue Owl pie makes Oprah's list of favorite things (Jan '12) Oct 9 guest 12

Imperial Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Imperial Mortgages