whats up

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 27, 2011
Was glad we got a rumas out here but won't be back. They won't even give you a cup for water. If they are that hard up they don't need my business. Must be alot of money for water. Well we got subway and pomodoro's.
Vinn

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jul 2, 2011
Rumas rocks you cheap ass hoosier

Since: Oct 10

House Springs MO.

#3 Jul 3, 2011
I assume you're referring to the one in Imperial. I've never been there but the one in Lemay has become a hole. I have to wonder if Dee Ruma sold the business to a cheap owner. It appears that way.
Reggie

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Jul 5, 2011
That stinks. The original was good
anna

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Aug 17, 2011
yep. went once when it opened, haven't been back. overpriced with skimpy portions and owners who yell at you when you complain do not make for a happy customer.
Lemolian

Watseka, IL

#6 Aug 18, 2011
That's the same owners. Brock Ruma is the cheap ass. Since him it's not what they used to be. So sad
Will pay for water gladly

Palmdale, CA

#7 Nov 9, 2011
whats up wrote:
Was glad we got a rumas out here but won't be back. They won't even give you a cup for water. If they are that hard up they don't need my business. Must be alot of money for water. Well we got subway and pomodoro's.
They charge for water because there is no water line on the soda machine, i guess they should just hand out free bottled water to everyone that wants one?? Ive gotten free water there before you just have to fill it up in the sink in the bathroom. Ive personally seen people walk into a place like this or taco bell and ask for free water then fill a cup with soda. In case you havent noticed in todays economy people will do ANYTHING to save a buck, so kudos Rumas man for not giving away something you paid for, oh and i guess the cups lids and straws you want are free to the owners also?? Get a job!!

Palmdale, CA

#8 Nov 9, 2011
Vinn wrote:
Rumas rocks you cheap ass hoosier
I agree Vinn!!

Palmdale, CA

#9 Nov 9, 2011
Dthunderchicken wrote:
I assume you're referring to the one in Imperial. I've never been there but the one in Lemay has become a hole. I have to wonder if Dee Ruma sold the business to a cheap owner. It appears that way.
No Dee Ruma is a friend of my parents and from what i hear she is very proud of Brock Ruma the owner who is just like her, He doesnt take crap from anyone, thats how she raised him. Obviously none of you people have a job in retail, i do and let me tell you EVERY DAY i get some jerk trying to get something free or discounted, i wish i could tell some of these people off without getting fired. My hats off to Brock who is a stand up guy, loves his kids and doesnt take anything from anyone. Just wish i could do the same. I think thats part of all these people complainings problem, as a society they are spoiled like little children and if they cry and whine enough they get what they want. As far as a hole, well its been there almost 40 years and i know the landlord will not help remodel so ive seen the improvements mr.Ruma has made out of his own pocket and i guarantee you probably just went in after or during a dinner or lunch rush

Palmdale, CA

#10 Nov 9, 2011
Lemolian wrote:
That's the same owners. Brock Ruma is the cheap ass. Since him it's not what they used to be. So sad
LoL Lemolian that explains everything about your comment, Brock a cheap ass??? He donates to EVERY mehlville fund raiser/charity there is, never mind the kawanis club for kids. Have you ever taken one second to look at some of the awards such places have honored them with that they have hanging up?? Probably not Lemolian!! Lol
Call It Like I see It

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Nov 10, 2011
All I have to say is that the Prosperity is the best sandwich EVER! Those people at Ruma's do the Lord's work! LOL
possibly

United States

#15 Nov 12, 2011
Do you people think it could possibly have something to do with a family member who isn't doing so well at the time and has alot of hospital bills quit bitching about little stuff and get your head out of your ass
anna

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Nov 13, 2011
possibly wrote:
Do you people think it could possibly have something to do with a family member who isn't doing so well at the time and has alot of hospital bills quit bitching about little stuff and get your head out of your ass
Nope. Posts were prior to accident.

“Funny lady”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#17 Nov 13, 2011
The last I had Rumas it was the one in McKenzie plaza on Watson Road in Shrewsbury. It was awful. Store was dirty and I think the problem is that the Ruma family started franchising out the locations. It's a shame because back in the day Rumas was awesome

House Springs MO.

#18 Nov 13, 2011
"Obviously none of you people have a job in retail, i do and let me tell you EVERY DAY i get some jerk trying to get something free or discounted, i wish i could tell some of these people off without getting fired."

Actually when I was younger I specialized in turning around loosing KFCs. I know customers can be a pain. But you need them.

"As far as a hole, well its been there almost 40 years and i know the landlord will not help remodel so ive seen the improvements mr.Ruma has made out of his own pocket and i guarantee you probably just went in after or during a dinner or lunch rush"

No actually I went in shortly after their opening at 11:00 AM.(My normal lunch time.) It looked as if the dining area wasn't cleaned from the night before.(Maybe longer.) I can understand older fixtures but there's NO excuse for filth.

My biggest complaint was the food quantity and quality.(I got mine to go.) In the restaurant business food is one of the least expensive parts of the business. Cheaping out on the product is cutting your own throat.

I can understand you wanting to defend your Mom's friend but it won't change my opinion of Ruma's. Given the lack of cars in Ruma's lot and what I've seen at Bellacino's, I expect that many hold the same opinion as me.
arnold boy

Eldon, MO

#20 Nov 14, 2011
The Ruma in Arnold was a dump. THe one is south county was good 20 years ago ,but not so good now.I remember going with wife eating sandwiches, which were great and then going to ronnies for a movie years ago.
Patrick Stoll

Eldon, MO

#21 Feb 16, 2014
Glad I closed and retired OUCH
Patrick Stoll

Eldon, MO

#22 Feb 16, 2014
My RUMA'S was dirty LOL everyone knows it was clean I always got 100 on my health inspection. It was brand new and dirty LOL Your a liar or friend of Brock's
Dthunderchicken wrote:
"Obviously none of you people have a job in retail, i do and let me tell you EVERY DAY i get some jerk trying to get something free or discounted, i wish i could tell some of these people off without getting fired."
Actually when I was younger I specialized in turning around loosing KFCs. I know customers can be a pain. But you need them.
"As far as a hole, well its been there almost 40 years and i know the landlord will not help remodel so ive seen the improvements mr.Ruma has made out of his own pocket and i guarantee you probably just went in after or during a dinner or lunch rush"
No actually I went in shortly after their opening at 11:00 AM.(My normal lunch time.) It looked as if the dining area wasn't cleaned from the night before.(Maybe longer.) I can understand older fixtures but there's NO excuse for filth.
My biggest complaint was the food quantity and quality.(I got mine to go.) In the restaurant business food is one of the least expensive parts of the business. Cheaping out on the product is cutting your own throat.
I can understand you wanting to defend your Mom's friend but it won't change my opinion of Ruma's. Given the lack of cars in Ruma's lot and what I've seen at Bellacino's, I expect that many hold the same opinion as me.
Call It Like I See It

Saint Louis, MO

#23 Feb 18, 2014
Patrick Stoll wrote:
My RUMA'S was dirty LOL everyone knows it was clean I always got 100 on my health inspection. It was brand new and dirty LOL Your a liar or friend of Brock's
<quoted text>
Ever consider coming out of retirement? LOL I used to go to your restaurant once a week. It was awesome!

House Springs MO.

#24 Aug 1, 2014
Patrick Stoll wrote:
<quoted text>
"It was brand new and dirty LOL"
The Ruma's on Lemay Ferry has been there for many years.

"Your a liar or friend of Brock's"
Neither. Just a former customer who's moved on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You know you're wife is too controlling when: 4 hr Jealous texting 7
Free Babysitting 10 hr Neighborhood Watch 6
Jeremy l holweg (Aug '13) 18 hr dreamgurl9399 5
tonya and vivian Tue seeing double 1
Bruce Jenner Thinks He's a Woman Now Tue Needs counseling 5
Illegals (May '10) Mon Pizzarat 69
Telegraph road speed limit Jun 1 luvhockey 4
More from around the web

Imperial People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE