James, Missey square off for Division 10 bench

Two candidates are seeking a seat on the Jefferson County Circuit Court, Division 10 bench in the Nov. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CARL FRANK

Ogden, UT

#1 Oct 19, 2006
Judge Missey doesn't care about Family Re-unification he let state worker Janet Lambert pull kids illegally and he knew it. Elect Dan James he won't go along with all the good old boys in Hillsboro, and dont forget the Law Ladies, ladies and his treasury for for re-election Bianca Eden , she can do anything in the Honorable Judge Missey's courtroom. Do not vote for Missey he has hurt alot of people. Beware of this Judge even if you don't live in Jefferson county.
Michelle Pruett

AOL

#2 Nov 4, 2006
You obviously have not researched Darrell Missey or his opponent, Dan James. You have no fact to substanciate anything you have said. I, however, know that Judge Missey is a highly respected,highly moral man whose record reflects his dedication to children.
On the other hand, Dan James has threatened others to gain support, gathered funds illigally,and mistreats subordinates who do not support him. He has lied about his position in a church, which I find appalling, and has lied about his opponent.
Do a little research and back up your claims. Why do you think Darrell Missey is getting supports from democrats. You simply have not done your homework. Anyone who expresses a public opinion should at least do a little research.
Dan James should not only lose this election, he should be disbarred.
snitch

AOL

#3 Nov 4, 2006
Missey should lose. Although my experience with him is opposite Carl Franks. Missey keeps putting children BACK in the home with parents who would rather do drugs. Children who should be pulled permanently from crappy parents. I would vote for ANYBODY over someone who does NOT put the best interest of the child first.
Gardener

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Nov 5, 2006
My experience with Judge Missey was that he let a couple of teenage arsonists go with barely a slap on the wrist($125 restitution). A family was displaced, lost their home and possessions and one of the offending kids had the audacity to say "I'm free!" as he excitedly left the courtroom and got into his mom's Viper and went home.....
Michelle Pruett

AOL

#5 Nov 11, 2006
A judge has to make decisions according to what the law says. A judge does not make policy.
I am a little worried about people who would vote for "anybody". What makes you think Dan James would put children first? He once walked up to Missey during the campaign and offered to arm wrestle him for it. My kids are not the last slice of pizza to be arm wrestled for. James said he wanted to run for judge in the family division because he "thought it might be interesting". Kids are not there for his entertainment. He went to the school where his opponent's kids attend and taunted people as they went in to vote. This is not a man who cares about children. I'm glad that the lives of my children are not in the hands of just "anybody" now that the election is over.
snitch

AOL

#6 Nov 14, 2006
Well, hopefully your children are not in his hands. He puts kids back in to homes with drug users, consistently. Lets keep the kids with Mom and Dad no matter how big of a scum bag they are. BS. Mickey Mouse would be better. "ANYBODY" would be better!
getreadynow

Ogden, UT

#7 Nov 18, 2006
Michelle Pruett, you are the one that needs a reality check. You need to do your home-work.Judge Missey is not honest- have you ever been in his court room , MICHELLE? Let me guess are you one of the lovely women at the dfs office in Hillsboro.BURN BABY BURN
Michelle Pruett

AOL

#8 Nov 18, 2006
getready- You have not yet backed your argument with facts. You use poor grammar. You do not have an understanding of the law. I will no longer discuss an issue with uneducated individuals. Oh, by the way, I do not work for DFS in Hillsboro or otherwise. I will no longer respond to you due to the disparity of education as evidenced by your poor grammar and lack of substanciation.
your name

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Nov 18, 2006
substantiation, maybe?
snitch

AOL

#10 Nov 18, 2006
Oh, a little snooty are we? First, some of us who DO have actual 'proof' cannot reveal it because it could jeopardize certain cases in the morons court.
Second, getreadys grammar, as if that were really important, is not any worse than yours. You show no signs of education higher than his/hers. Get over yourself.
BTW it is substantiation.
Michelle Pruett

AOL

#11 Nov 19, 2006
Yes, grammar is important. If someone tries to make a point in a public forum, he should not be speaking in run-on sentences. No, I did not use poor grammar. I misspelled a word. The two of you need to call Town Talk. Town Talk is a forum that allows for uneducated individuals to state opinions without a need to back up those statements. Educated people tend to be able to back up opinions with facts, or avoid making those comments in a public forum.
Michelle Pruett

AOL

#12 Nov 19, 2006
BTW -I was just messing with the both of you. I just wanted to see how many times you would respond, and what you would say. Thank you for the diversionary amusement. I have a sociology paper to write. Of course I won't use your names, since you didn't give them. Your comments were as I thought they would be. Have a nice Thanksgiving. I will leave you alone now.
snitch

AOL

#13 Nov 19, 2006
Michelle Pruett wrote:
Yes, grammar is important. If someone tries to make a point in a public forum, he should not be speaking in run-on sentences.
I disagree. A public forum, such as an online forum, a council meeting etc. is for anyone to express their feelings or opinions on an issue. Only those with enormous egos, a pompous attitude, or a holier than thou attitude would suggest that forums should be limited to only the 'educated'.
Michelle Pruett wrote:
No, I did not use poor grammar. I misspelled a word.
Which by your own standards should eliminate you from the forum because it shows lack of education?
Michelle Pruett wrote:
The two of you need to call Town Talk. Town Talk is a forum that allows for uneducated individuals to state opinions without a need to back up those statements.
Again with the pompous attitude.
Michelle Pruett wrote:
Educated people tend to be able to back up opinions with facts, or avoid making those comments in a public forum.
And again I will say, I CAN back up my statement with facts. However I choose NOT to, because it may lead to certain people being identified, which could jeopardize their cases. Which happen to be in Misseys court. Besides, who made you rulemaker of the forums?
snitch

AOL

#14 Nov 19, 2006
Michelle Pruett wrote:
BTW -I was just messing with the both of you. I just wanted to see how many times you would respond, and what you would say. Thank you for the diversionary amusement. I have a sociology paper to write. Of course I won't use your names, since you didn't give them. Your comments were as I thought they would be. Have a nice Thanksgiving. I will leave you alone now.
SURE you were. Nice cop out. So what you are trying to tell me is that you were using a topic important to us, for your amusement. Well, first of all, I believe the truth is more that you have run out of argument or facts yourself and need a way to back out, and make yourself look.......... good. You failed. But lets assume you tell the truth. I guess that shows what kind of person you are to use people and the things important to them for your amusement. Before you continue on in life, please engage in some introspection. Some soul searching maybe. And Thanksgiving would be a good time to do it. And please do leave us alone now. As to anyone else that chooses to post on this topic, I believe a good practice would be to ignore Ms. Pruett from here on out.
Michelle Pruett

AOL

#15 Nov 19, 2006
BTW fake name. You proved my hypothesis to be true. Topic-old. Possessives need apostrophes. Sentences shouldn't start with and. Election-over. Contractions need apostrophes. You don't know me.
your name

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Nov 20, 2006
Michelle Pruett said "You don't know me."
And I think, that might be a good thing....at least she won't be sitting at your table for Thanksgiving...that way you don't have to worry about what the knife will be used for..you know, stabbing you in the back or carving the turkey....
snitch

AOL

#17 Nov 20, 2006
Aint it the truth! And she seems disturbed because I use a fake name. Truth be told, if she was smart, she would also. I had a situation where someone tracked me just from my aol screenname. Was rather scary. Fortunately it was a friendly sort, but..........
For instance,I know because of her mention of Town Talk that she is probably from this area I live in. And using a white pages online directory, I could possibly look her up. I was found, and with less information than that, by someone not as bright as most. Now IF she is as intelligent as she puts on, she is using a fictitous name. I hope she gets a good grade on her alleged paper, though unless she lies..........
AND, she really needs to get over her fixation with spelling, punctuation and grammar on an online forum. Maybe save it for her paper, where it WILL matter.
worried aunt

Columbia, MO

#18 Nov 21, 2006
The person posing as Michelle Pruett is my niece. She called me very upset and told me to look at the post. She is a high school student assigned to investigate the effects of negative ads. She gathered information, and posted it to elicit a response. She used a name of a teacher she had in elementary school. We have explained to her the importance of this issue as well as the responsibility of posting comments on the internet.
We are very sorry for the problems she has caused. She is no longer allowed on the internet. Furthermore, she has to write an apology to the teacher whose name she used. I think your comments have taught her a lesson as well. We did flag the comment about stabbing her, but I thought the other comments were totally appropriate. Again, we are very sorry.
Gardener

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Nov 21, 2006
No one said anything about stabbing her. They thought if she were at their table at Thanksgiving she may stab them in the back instead of carving the turkey. Read it again
worried aunt

Columbia, MO

#20 Nov 21, 2006
Sorry about that. I think I misunderstood it because of the wording.She must have also,because she was upset about it and I'm glad. I do appreciate snitch's last comment though about using the white pages and using clues from her text to figure out who she is. I also told her that it doesn't matter if she uses a fake name. Things can be traced back to her computer. Besides that, I told her that people were talking about the lives of children, and that wasn't something people want to joke around about or be "messed with". Those are very serious issues.I don't think she understood the gravity of the situation.Hopefully she gets it now.
Best wishes to all of you, and I truly regret any hurt she may have caused.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 5 hr XAIO 844
Top 10 Restauraunts in Jeffco (May '12) 15 hr taco4jj 98
stolen 2006 honda cbr 100rr (Jul '11) 15 hr taco4jj 4
Employer of David Byers Jr Wed Prinanit 1
Simpson Jr.? Nov 18 what's up with that 12
Neighborhood gossips Nov 18 Perceptive 7
Rascal's New Restaurant in Arnold Nov 17 HAPPY 4
Imperial Dating
Find my Match

Imperial People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Imperial News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Imperial

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:22 pm PST

ESPN12:22PM
Chadiha: Nothing gets in Jamaal Charles' way
NBC Sports 1:02 PM
Zuerlein's kicking key to victory over Broncos - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:24 PM
What Are Experts Saying About San Diego?
Bleacher Report 2:40 PM
Former NFL Player Jason Brown Delivered His Own Child
Bleacher Report 4:10 PM
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Oakland Raiders: Live Oakland Score and Analysis