ObamasWelfareSta te

Ozark, MO

#76187 Feb 7, 2013
Obama’s America: From World Superpower To Welfare State

America finally knows what President Obama meant when he said he intended to “fundamentally transform America.” He aimed to make this country unrecognizable to its Founding Fathers, and he’s done just that.

Obama has reversed the role of the federal government – instead of looking like the world’s hegemonic superpower, we look more like the world’s most innovative social welfare state to be envied by all of Western Europe.

This year defense spending will sink to its lowest levels in our nation’s history; meanwhile, entitlement spending will reach new highs.

This is part of an astounding overall trend in our federal government’s spending habits. The Heritage Foundation reports,“Defense spending has declined significantly over time, even when the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are included, as spending on the three major entitlements—Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid—has more than tripled.”

In 2012 alone, Heritage reveals an immense gap between defense and entitlement spending—defense comprised 19% of total outlays, while entitlements reached a gargantuan 62% of federal spending.

This is a complete perversion of what the Founding Fathers intended.

As former Senator James Talent wrote, providing for the common defense is the “priority job” and “the only mandatory function” of the federal government.

He wrote in the Heritage Foundation,“Article One, Section Eight of the Constitution lists 17 separate powers that are granted to Congress. Six of those powers deal exclusively with the national defense—far more than any other specific area of governance….”

Indeed, America’s early presidents and Congresses respected and stayed true to this bedrock conception of the federal government.

The Office of Management and Budget acknowledges before the 1930s, most federal spending went toward “national defense, veterans’ benefits, and interest on the public debt,” and in 1929,“71 percent of federal outlays fell into these categories.”

But, today, the opposite holds true. Our federal government devotes nearly that same amount to the welfare state even though the Constitution only makes a cursory mention of providing for the general welfare.

Taken together, our country has strayed perilously far from the America our Founding Fathers envisioned, and in doing so, we are expediting our fall from greatness.

Where is the America that toppled the Soviet Union, put the first man on the moon, and conquered the great frontier? That America is quickly becoming a distant memory.

Instead, we are striving to become a liberal Utopia, all the while ignoring that this sort of idealism precipitated the all-consuming debt and economic travails we see just across the Atlantic Ocean.

America must reject the premise that our Constitution is outdated, cliché and therefore invalid and demand that our government reflect the core principles that made us the greatest nation on earth.

It’s time to thwart Obama’s twisted plan or perhaps the foreboding words of President Ronald Reagan will one day ring true:“We’re in greater danger today than we were the day after Pearl Harbor. Our military is absolutely incapable of defending this country.”

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/from-wo...

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

#76189 Feb 7, 2013
GOP vs GOP hahahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
For Norton it means F**ked Up Beyond All RAPTURE
lmao....either way-he's a mess-sometimes I believe he has good intentions but is sorely limited in his worldview...

“this is a dark ride”

Since: Aug 10

Earth

#76190 Feb 7, 2013
Harvey YAWN zzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your still posting sad pitiful emotional cries for help!
YAWN....
It has a severe case of pantophobia.....
GOP BS BS BS BS BS BS BS

Saint Charles, MO

#76191 Feb 7, 2013
ObamasWelfareState wrote:
Obama’s America: From World Superpower To Welfare State
America finally knows what President Obama meant when he said he intended to “fundamentally transform America.” He aimed to make this country unrecognizable to its Founding Fathers, and he’s done just that.
Obama has reversed the role of the federal government – instead of looking like the world’s hegemonic superpower, we look more like the world’s most innovative social welfare state to be envied by all of Western Europe.
This year defense spending will sink to its lowest levels in our nation’s history; meanwhile, entitlement spending will reach new highs.
This is part of an astounding overall trend in our federal government’s spending habits. The Heritage Foundation reports,“Defense spending has declined significantly over time, even when the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are included, as spending on the three major entitlements—Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid—has more than tripled.”
In 2012 alone, Heritage reveals an immense gap between defense and entitlement spending—defense comprised 19% of total outlays, while entitlements reached a gargantuan 62% of federal spending.
This is a complete perversion of what the Founding Fathers intended.
As former Senator James Talent wrote, providing for the common defense is the “priority job” and “the only mandatory function” of the federal government.
He wrote in the Heritage Foundation,“Article One, Section Eight of the Constitution lists 17 separate powers that are granted to Congress. Six of those powers deal exclusively with the national defense—far more than any other specific area of governance….”
Indeed, America’s early presidents and Congresses respected and stayed true to this bedrock conception of the federal government.
The Office of Management and Budget acknowledges before the 1930s, most federal spending went toward “national defense, veterans’ benefits, and interest on the public debt,” and in 1929,“71 percent of federal outlays fell into these categories.”
But, today, the opposite holds true. Our federal government devotes nearly that same amount to the welfare state even though the Constitution only makes a cursory mention of providing for the general welfare.
Taken together, our country has strayed perilously far from the America our Founding Fathers envisioned, and in doing so, we are expediting our fall from greatness.
Where is the America that toppled the Soviet Union, put the first man on the moon, and conquered the great frontier? That America is quickly becoming a distant memory.
Instead, we are striving to become a liberal Utopia, all the while ignoring that this sort of idealism precipitated the all-consuming debt and economic travails we see just across the Atlantic Ocean.
America must reject the premise that our Constitution is outdated, cliché and therefore invalid and demand that our government reflect the core principles that made us the greatest nation on earth.
It’s time to thwart Obama’s twisted plan or perhaps the foreboding words of President Ronald Reagan will one day ring true:“We’re in greater danger today than we were the day after Pearl Harbor. Our military is absolutely incapable of defending this country.”
http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/from-wo...
WELFARE STATE ??? hell that means West Plains can be the capital!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#76193 Feb 7, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
"anime"? ROFL! Duh! You have no clue what "anime" means!
(I knew Nick Nolte's father, coincidentally in the state of New Jersey.)
I think you meant "profuse" rather than "profound."
You are over-stretching your mind in your feeble attempts to appear semi-intelligent. It ain't working, Bubba! Don't burst that small anterior cingulate cortex in your attempts to keep up with the big dawgs! ROFL!
'Tis said, "If you can't play with the big dawgs, best to just stay under the porch." Lol...

“Triple — Negative”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#76194 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
People in mental institutions think that they are sane.
When do you get out?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#76195 Feb 7, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are just jealous because you can't stand the truth. Heaven forbid we have a little morality and truthfulness! Look at all the things that are happening! You have to be sooooooooo careful of what you say because you just might offend somebody. It's pretty bad when a kid can cuss their teacher out and nothing can be done about it. They need to have their butts tanned and stand in the corner for 8 hours....nose to the wall! Where is the respect anymore..........there isn't any!
Obama now wants to be able to kill Americans! Isn't that what Hitler did when he got control? You know.....that's how things start.
A little this and a little that and the next thing you know we have a dictator!!!!!!!!!!
We have some dumb (or ignorant) Americans that don't have a clue what is happening!
Oh yeah, they're finding out the real truth about Obamacare now. It's crap!
CHEERS!
Another slippery slope argument....you seem unable to grasp even the most simple concept of logic....at least you're cheerful about your shortcomings.

CHEERS....*snore*

“Triple — Negative”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#76196 Feb 7, 2013
RNC Rightwing NUT Cases wrote:
<quoted text>
How much tin foil do you go through in a day?
Why? With that huge head, did you run out so soon?
demmz

United States

#76197 Feb 7, 2013
I don't know! But I generally vote Dem!

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#76198 Feb 7, 2013
Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are still in the denial phase. Hopefully they will help you with your delusions as well. Like the one you are having right now that makes you think you are a visitor and not a resident. It's OK Dawg, no need to be ashamed. You and that Autistic retard son of yours are both mental.
Maybe later after your next medication you can come and try to come up with a better comeback.
I have never been to Egypt.

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#76199 Feb 7, 2013
TripleNegative wrote:
<quoted text>
Buy some glasses, Bozo. And then buy a friggin' dictionary. If you cannot afford either, ask Obama. He gave you cellphones.
a·nime /&#712;an&#601;&#7 16;m&#257;/ Noun
ObamasWelfare State

Ozark, MO

#76200 Feb 7, 2013
Obama Treated to a Full Plate of Conservative Thought
Obama At Prayer Breakfast Forced To Hear Amazing Speech By Conservative Black Doctor Decrying Political Correctness, Moral Decay And Fiscal Irresponsibility….

President Obama was forced this morning to sit stoically at the National Prayer Breakfast while a world-renown pediatric surgeon who dragged himself up from poverty recounted his story, espousing conservative values and policies as a means of healing the nation and its poor.

I wanted you to take a look at this brave individual, Dr. Benjamin Carson, speaking his version of the truth to power. The speech is nearly a half hour, but if you have a few minutes, I think you will find it worth it.

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/02/07/obama-at-p...
ObamasWelfare State

Ozark, MO

#76201 Feb 7, 2013
CIA Director Nominee: Waterboarding Is “Reprehensible,”“Should Have Been Banned”… Defends Assassinating American Citizens…

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/02/07/cia-direct...
GOP Eating GOP

Saint Charles, MO

#76202 Feb 8, 2013
TripleNegative wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep Harvey—I assumed that it was a quip about your bath-salt-smokes, and the container in which you piss.
Need curtains for your outhouse? Your 1986 SUV?
yep - nothing I love better than one ConservaTROLL eating another ConservaTROLL

THANKS FOR THE LAUGH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ObamasWelfare State

Ozark, MO

#76203 Feb 8, 2013
WHY DID SOME LOCAL MEDIA EDIT OUT ANTI-NRA, PRO-OBAMA PORTIONS OF ACCUSED COP-KILLER’S SUPPOSED MANIFSTO?

The supposed manifesto of a fired Los Angeles police officer being sought in several slayings contained praise for President Barack Obama and gun control and disdain for the National Rifle Association in portions apparently redacted at the request of the LAPD.

L.A. Fox affiliate KTTV-TV published a portion of Christopher Dorner’s writing that left out his political views. Other local news outlets including KTLA-TV and KFI AM 640 did the same.

KTTV did originally publish a full version but removed it from their website after a request from police, a spokesman told BuzzFeed. Reached for comment, a KTTV assistant news director told TheBlaze only that,“The LAPD put out a request that a lot of the stuff be redacted.”

An LAPD spokeswoman refused to comment to TheBlaze about the request, saying the department would have nothing to say on the matter until Dorner was captured.

Below are portions of the redacted version of the manifesto. The entire thing is available at Gawker (content warning — strong language):

On Obama:

You disrespect the office of the POTUS/Presidency and Commander in Chief. You call him Kenyan, mongroid, halfrican, muslim, and FBHO when in essence you are to address him as simply, President. The same as you did to President George W. Bush and all those in the highest ranking position of our land before him. Just as I always have. You question his birth certificate, his educational and professional accomplishments, and his judeo-christian beliefs. You make disparaging remarks about his dead parents. You never questioned the fact that his former opponent, the honorable Senator John McCain, was not born in the CONUS or that Bush had a C average in his undergrad. Electoral Candidates children (Romney) state they want to punch the president in the face during debates with no formal repercussions. No one even questioned the fact that the son just made a criminal threat toward the President. You call his wife a Wookie. Off the record, I love your new bangs, Mrs.

MORE: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/07/fi...
ObamasWelfare State

Ozark, MO

#76204 Feb 8, 2013
THE VOTER FRAUD THAT ‘NEVER HAPPENS’ KEEPS COMING BACK
~ Absolutely, Absolutely, Votor Fraud!

Critics of photo ID and other laws cracking down on voter fraud claim they’re unnecessary because fraud is nonexistent. Brennan Center attorneys Michael Waldman and Justin Levitt claimed last year:“A person casting two votes risks jail time and a fine for minimal gain. Proven voter fraud, statistically, happens about as often as death by lightning strike.”

Well, lightning is suddenly all over Cincinnati, Ohio. The Hamilton County Board of Elections is investigating 19 possible cases of alleged voter fraud that occurred when Ohio was a focal point of the 2012 presidential election. A total of 19 voters and nine witnesses are part of the probe.

Democrat Melowese Richardson has been an official poll worker for the last quarter century and registered thousands of people to vote last year. She candidly admitted to Cincinnati’s Channel 9 this week that she voted twice in the last election.

This is how Channel 9's web site summarized the case:

According to county documents, Richardson’s absentee ballot was accepted on Nov. 1, 2012 along with her signature. On Nov. 11, she told an official she also voted at a precinct because she was afraid her absentee ballot would not be counted in time.

“There’s absolutely no intent on my part to commit voter fraud,” said Richardson....

The board’s documents also state that Richardson was allegedly disruptive and hid things from other poll workers on Election Day after another female worker reported she was intimidated by Richardson....

During the investigation it was also discovered that her granddaughter, India Richardson, who was a first time voter in the 2012 election, cast two ballots in November.

Richardson insists she has done nothing wrong and promises to contest the charges:“I’ll fight it for Mr. Obama and for Mr. Obama’s right to sit as president of the United States.”

But, of course, as you know there is no voter fraud. Pay no attention to that lightning coming out of Ohio.

VIDEO: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/340174/v...
Norton

Saint Joseph, MO

#76206 Feb 8, 2013
GOP vs GOP hahahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
For Norton it means F**ked Up Beyond All RAPTURE
For Poos it means..........LAC (lack of intelligence)!

CHEERS!
Norton

Saint Joseph, MO

#76207 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
People in mental institutions think that they are sane.
Now I know where you reside. I have thought that for a long time.

CHEERS!
Norton

Saint Joseph, MO

#76208 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
1. Yes, my reference to "Fox News" was a jab.
2. We know that you still believe that Iraq had WMDs. Of course there are several things which you believe which are untrue also.
3. You will stick with "Fox News" because they tell you the things you want to hear, not the truth -- which you do not want to hear.
4. I have not read the Christian Science Monitor for years, but they always had a reputation for accurate reporting. The one page I read today did not have any apparent bias.
5. I realize that you cannot stand to watch or listen to any viewpoints other than your own. You have your black opaque glasses tightly covering your eyes, so you cannot see what is out there in the real world.
No, I don't think Iraq has WMD's but I think they once did. They were hidden, transported or whatever but I think they had them. I also think JFK was murdered. I think it was a plot......not just a guy who decided to kill the president one day.

You're just a die-hard liberal that is so hard-headed that you wouldn't know the truth if it hit you in the face.

Maybe you should go live with the movie stars. You would fit right in.(However they are not all crazy lefties)

Don't get around much do you? If you did, you would know what is happening to this country.

CHEERS!
Norton

Saint Joseph, MO

#76209 Feb 8, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Another slippery slope argument....you seem unable to grasp even the most simple concept of logic....at least you're cheerful about your shortcomings.
CHEERS....*snore*
Same to ya! You're in the same category as Dawg.......clueless!

CHEERS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know Lisa Strobl ? 6 hr who 2
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) 9 hr astounded 908
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... 22 hr ZiessCamera 26
Fox High School Superintendent (Sep '10) Tue WDCJ 1,473
Beagle on Highway 21 Dec 22 DCAWS Volunteer 1
Seckman Elementary parents...our problems are s... Dec 22 LittleLostLamb 10
fox athletics Dec 20 Warrior12 10
Imperial Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web