Local News Reports Tainted

Posted in the Imperial Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Questions

Arnold, MO

#1 Jun 17, 2013
http://mehlville-oakville.patch.com/groups/ka...
Do you think this happens with the local paper in Arnold?
Names Named

Anonymous Proxy

#2 Jun 17, 2013
The Leader is just the local press release for the current administration. They publish what the administration wants.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Jun 17, 2013
Names Named wrote:
The Leader is just the local press release for the current administration. They publish what the administration wants.
Thank you. Both the Rock and the Leader fall into that category,

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#4 Jun 17, 2013
The Leader, probably not because I have seen them report stories on both sides.

The Rock, it's a local thing so who knows. Each Patch is run by different editors. I think our Patch gets first hand accounts and does a fairly good job as i have seen them report stories for both sides (even though some wont admit it just so they can cry foul). That's not to say that Mehlville's Patch is the same way.

The key is reading the story and investigating yourself. When videos are supplied backing a story then you know they are reliable.

I know that there are some on here who hate the Patch because they removed comments that were in violation of their terms of service. However, those people think that they can post anything and should be allowed to get away with it no matter what it violates. Those are the same people who will try to remove your comments should it make them look in a bad light not of the time.
in sam i trust

United States

#5 Jun 17, 2013
Now Sam is a media critic too? What don't you do Sam? Could you give me a list of periodicals that I'm allowed to read and trust? This is a big scary world, and without your guidance I'd be lost. I got to see you on the Jaco Report this weekend. I must say you make me a little weak in the knees, too. This little lady is awfully jealous of that wife of yours!!! Sam is our leader and I'd like to follow him!
For Sure

Arnold, MO

#6 Jun 17, 2013
The Leader is the propaganda arm of the City of Arnold. The last time they wrote an article containing only facts, the reporter got blasted by the council for presenting Arnold in an unfavorable light. So much for real reporting.
Sam Ferry

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jun 17, 2013
in sam i trust wrote:
Now Sam is a media critic too? What don't you do Sam? Could you give me a list of periodicals that I'm allowed to read and trust? This is a big scary world, and without your guidance I'd be lost. I got to see you on the Jaco Report this weekend. I must say you make me a little weak in the knees, too. This little lady is awfully jealous of that wife of yours!!! Sam is our leader and I'd like to follow him!
I'll give you a chance here to explain what you mean by "I'd like to follow him", because for me I consider it a threat and have reported it as such!

Location hidden

#9 Jun 17, 2013
The Leader is only bad for those going the actions and getting caught. They report it exactly as they find it. Some are just mad that their pre election antics were reported on.
in sam i trust

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jun 17, 2013
Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>I'll give you a chance here to explain what you mean by "I'd like to follow him", because for me I consider it a threat and have reported it as such!
Follow you in your beliefs. No threat.
in sam i trust

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Jun 17, 2013
There will be no physical following, Sam. I'm a bit to old to get out of the house much these days.
Heather

Arnold, MO

#13 Jun 19, 2013
The Leader is merely a propaganda tool used by the locals to smear the opposition and keep complaints to a minimum.

It's shameful to know that grown people who make their livings from "reporting", live in such fear they are afraid to speak truth to power.

The Leader does not serve their readers by keeping them accurately informed. At all.

Shame shame, The Leader.

Shame on you.

Location hidden

#14 Jun 19, 2013
Heather wrote:
The Leader is merely a propaganda tool used by the locals to smear the opposition and keep complaints to a minimum.

It's shameful to know that grown people who make their livings from "reporting", live in such fear they are afraid to speak truth to power.

The Leader does not serve their readers by keeping them accurately informed. At all.

Shame shame, The Leader.

Shame on you.
Show proof of your accusations. I honestly think you must be one that was reported on by the Leader with the truth that made you look like a fool.
Fed Up Taxpayer

Anonymous Proxy

#15 Jun 20, 2013
Heather wrote:
Shame shame, The Leader.
Shame on you.
So, so very true!

Location hidden

#16 Jun 20, 2013
Fed Up Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>So, so very true!
So, Names Named, aka Fed Up Taxpayer, do you have something to hide that you can't reveal your location? You all preach openness yet your hiding the simple things.
Laugh A Minute

Arnold, MO

#17 Jun 20, 2013
Letusnamenames wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Names Named, aka Fed Up Taxpayer, do you have something to hide that you can't reveal your location? You all preach openness yet your hiding the simple things.
So Letusnamenames, do you have something to hide so that you can't reveal your location? You preach openess yet you are posting from a hidden location Ms. Ding-Dong!

Location hidden

#18 Jun 20, 2013
Laugh A Minute wrote:
<quoted text>So Letusnamenames, do you have something to hide so that you can't reveal your location? You preach openess yet you are posting from a hidden location Ms. Ding-Dong!
Nope. One big difference in your assumption. I don't preach openness. I call those that do on their actions when they are hiding things. You all preach and then hide. I'm calling you all out on it. If you learned to read and learned to tell the truth you would know that.

Location hidden

#19 Jun 20, 2013
I find it absolutely HILARIOUS that you bash Patch and then post a link to a story on it. Hypocrites! Oh wait, it's a blog entry by Michelle Homeier on the Patch. Guess what, that makes you more of a hypocrite for using a news source that you blast to post blog entries. I wonder what Sherry thinks of that.
Back on Track

Arnold, MO

#20 Jun 20, 2013
Bless her little heart, she has a slight problem with keeping on topic. In order to help her with that let's get back on the topic of this thread which is tainted local media coverage. The type that equals the spreading of propaganda. Let's say we want real investigative reporting, not the press releases of self serving politicians who are controlling taxpayer money, rewarding their friends and relatives instead of doing the job voters hired them to do. Following the link will give you an example of how this works locally: http://mehlville-oakville.patch.com/groups/ka...

Location hidden

#21 Jun 20, 2013
Back on Track wrote:
Bless her little heart, she has a slight problem with keeping on topic. In order to help her with that let's get back on the topic of this thread which is tainted local media coverage. The type that equals the spreading of propaganda. Let's say we want real investigative reporting, not the press releases of self serving politicians who are controlling taxpayer money, rewarding their friends and relatives instead of doing the job voters hired them to do. Following the link will give you an example of how this works locally: http://mehlville-oakville.patch.com/groups/ka...
That's hilarious. You are such a hypocrite. You take it off and then want to bring it back. You're also a hypocrite because in your attempt to bring it back you have failed. This is about LOCAL news. Mehlville is not Arnold last time I checked. What a bunch of hypocrites you are and now you have just proven it. Now, what LOCAL news agencies are tainted?
Back on Track

Arnold, MO

#22 Jun 20, 2013
Bless her little heart, she has a slight problem with keeping on topic. In order to help her with that let's get back on the topic of this thread which is tainted local media coverage. The type that equals the spreading of propaganda. Let's say we want real investigative reporting, not the press releases of self serving politicians who are controlling taxpayer money, rewarding their friends and relatives instead of doing the job voters hired them to do. Following the link will give you an example of how this works locally: http://mehlville-oakville.patch.com/groups/ka ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Effects of Ferguson on Jefferson County 27 min GTO 5
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion Wed cleanhouse 846
25 people Arrested on Federal Meth Charges (Sep '13) Nov 23 beeen there 38
Rascal's New Restaurant in Arnold Nov 23 Try it first 5
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... Nov 22 BillOfRights 19
Police illegally confiscate photographer's came... Nov 22 BillOfRights 3
Lesbian/bi girls numbers Nov 21 Bishoppoole23 1
Imperial Dating
Find my Match

Imperial People Search