First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Really

Arnold, MO

#23 Apr 9, 2013
They still have it, they will need to use it at the park and it is a backup generator for the recreation center. That's one of those things you do for your buddies to make them look good, along with sizable campaign donations, so maybe people forget about the millions in TIF you received and possible other projects you will get the chance to develop(read that as profit greatly on the taxpayer's dime).
Not Really

Kent, WA

#24 Apr 9, 2013
Really wrote:
They still have it, they will need to use it at the park and it is a backup generator for the recreation center. That's one of those things you do for your buddies to make them look good, along with sizable campaign donations, so maybe people forget about the millions in TIF you received and possible other projects you will get the chance to develop(read that as profit greatly on the taxpayer's dime).
Totaly hateful and useless horseshit. The residents of the city of Arnold have benefitted greatly from generosity of others with respect to the Farmers' Market and the donation of some equipment. That generator is enough to power the recreation center in the event of a disaster which knocks out electrical power. The tents have already been used in other Arnold Parks and Recreation events saving the city high rental fees.

Please share us your spin on the thousands of dollars Ladue developer Robert Rosenfeld of the Ozark Mobile Home Park threw at Doris Borgelt and her supporters for their campaign runs (Willis, Hohmeier, Schoenbeck) in exchange for their unwavering support. Do not come in here to portray that group as saintly in any respect while slamming others who receive campaign contributions. They had their hands open wide taking those checks. I have to ask what exactly Rosenfeld got for his investment.
Really

Arnold, MO

#25 Apr 10, 2013
Who received the benefit? The Glarners contributed heavily also! That would be the developer benefactors of a million dollar plus cost (cough, cough)over-run on the CVS road project and the provision of a dumpsite for their fill they ended up getting paid to dump instead of paying to dump. Sweet deal if you can get it.
Fed Up Taxpayer

United States

#26 Apr 10, 2013
Not Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Totaly hateful and useless horseshit. The residents of the city of Arnold have benefitted greatly from generosity of others with respect to the Farmers' Market and the donation of some equipment. That generator is enough to power the recreation center in the event of a disaster which knocks out electrical power. The tents have already been used in other Arnold Parks and Recreation events saving the city high rental fees.
Please share us your spin on the thousands of dollars Ladue developer Robert Rosenfeld of the Ozark Mobile Home Park threw at Doris Borgelt and her supporters for their campaign runs (Willis, Hohmeier, Schoenbeck) in exchange for their unwavering support. Do not come in here to portray that group as saintly in any respect while slamming others who receive campaign contributions. They had their hands open wide taking those checks. I have to ask what exactly Rosenfeld got for his investment.
As someone quite frequently on here is challenging others to "prove it", how about the same courtesy? Name just one benefit the citizens of Arnold have had that comes remotely close to outweighing the cost to them to have this farmers market. The taxpayers pay for overtime wages. We pay a market manager salary. We pay for entertainment at the market. We pay for tents. Now we're paying for structures in the city park. I've heard costs have been over $100,000 so far. To rent space is $10 a week. About 5 vendors show each week. That's about $200 a month income for 5 months. That covers about a third of the market manager salary. We, the taxpayers, cover everything else! Sounds like a detriment rather than a benefit, but hey, I'm just a dumb hick and certainly the mayor knows better.
Quit Complaining

Arnold, MO

#28 Apr 15, 2013
This is a monument to the Mayor's influence, won't it be grand? Well, yes....over a hundred grand!
Letusnamenames

United States

#29 Apr 17, 2013
For the people that are complaining, the council approved this. And let's remember who was on the Council voting and passing this stuff.

1. Allocation of funds from economic development budget to puchase tents for farmers market. 2nd meeting in December 2011 on bill 2493. Passed with one nay vote....and the nay vote came from Amato.

2. 1st February meeting 2012 - resolution 12-09 - regulations and fee schedule for farmers market. Passed with all yea votes.

3. 2nd meeting March 2012 - resolution to reallocate funds from economic development to farmers market. Passed with all yea votes.

How can you all complain when the candidate you supported for Mayor voted "yea" for all three of these bills? Feel free to verify in the meeting minutes specified for each.

So Counts could supply the tents that DORIS helped allocate the money to pay for by voting to do so.
Get a Clue

Arnold, MO

#30 Apr 17, 2013
The leader(Mayor) insisted on all of the above. If you have any doubts ask people who were at the Farmer's Market meetings and the economic development meetings. Those previous meetings have nothing to do with permanent structures and a road being built in a flood plain by the City of Arnold without approval from the council. You should do a little more homework.
Letusnamenames

United States

#31 Apr 17, 2013
So you are saying Doris voted for it because she was bullied by the mayor or because the mayor insisted upon it. That sure doesn't sound like Doris. Last I checked she didn't vote for something just because someone else insisted on it.
Got a Clue

Bucharest, Romania

#33 Apr 17, 2013
Get a Clue wrote:
The leader(Mayor) insisted on all of the above. If you have any doubts ask people who were at the Farmer's Market meetings and the economic development meetings. Those previous meetings have nothing to do with permanent structures and a road being built in a flood plain by the City of Arnold without approval from the council. You should do a little more homework.
You are correct. The council never approved any of the work in the city park. They can't even get an answer as to how much it will cost! They were told originally that the tents and other sundries would be paid for by vendors at the market, but that was a blatant lie by the mayor. There was no chance of that happening! The vendors fees can't even cover the salary of the market manager, much less all the overtime by city employees, the price of tents, the price of permanent structures now, etc. Other farmers markets are run by non profits and are well attended and most importantly, don't cost the tax payers a dime. But they aren't a way to make a mark on the community like our mayor wants to at our expense.
Letusnamenames

United States

#34 Apr 17, 2013
At least he didn't cost us $75,000 in a potential harassment lawsuit.
Hmmmm

Arnold, MO

#35 Apr 17, 2013
Potential is the key word there, no lawsuit from the owner of the property slated to be the site of the newest retirement villas, that are to be purchased by a large developer donor to Mr. Counts campaign. You know the people given a business license by one city clerk when no fire inspection had been completed. How does that happen? Who was incompetent, the clerk's office or the building department? It's OK to issue licenses without proper inspections when that someone is supplying the missing piece in a backroom deal that will result in a government grant, right? What about the %75,000 parting gift courtesy of the Mayor to the former administrator? Or the %90,000 that was removed from the city's possession because someone dropped the ball? Or the $55,000 that was given away because the Mayor, city administrator and city attorney publicly admitted guilt when there was none? Don't forget the little matter of city officials who don't keep their property in good repair and neighbors must suffer because of it!
Letusnamenames

United States

#36 Apr 17, 2013
A whole lot of nothing yet again. You just keep spouting the same things over and over. Why don't you just give it up? The people voted and overwhelming didnt want you as Mayor.
Letusnamenames

United States

#37 Apr 17, 2013
On wait, you have a conspiracy theory for that now, too, your loss that is.
Hmmmm

Arnold, MO

#38 Apr 18, 2013
I haven't lost a thing! You don't think the gold buyer being the owner of the property that is going to be used for a federally subsidized program that may need some special considerations is significant? You think that might be why he was granted his business license without the proper fire inspection being done? Which office is responsible? Who gave the nod for it to be issued?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meth Lab Smell (Oct '11) 22 hr your Pappas 19
value village Sun Dave 6
Know Missouri Law Regarding Cameras Before You ... (Sep '14) Sat Light Bulb Drama 54
Rand Paul for US President Fri StupidObamaZombies 6
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) Apr 24 Paul Bunyan 1,254
Who are the cute guys in crystal? (Oct '08) Apr 24 Schools 14
Petco Flawed Dogs on Saturdays (Mar '10) Apr 23 Shelti1007 37
More from around the web

Imperial People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]