Arnold Police Officers

“look up and laugh”

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#22 Dec 12, 2011
bba wrote:
<quoted text>
true that cross over a white line to get on 55 100$ ticket
thats bs. A small piece of the red plastic on a tail light was $140. Ten years ago a friend had some now covering part of her liscense plate.......$75. Those fat slobs are unhappy unless they can ruin your day with a dumb ast ticket. Bella Villa needs to close down.
Seriously

Fenton, MO

#23 Dec 13, 2011
How do suppose you take drugs/users of off the street? The answer is traffic stops. You would be surprised what traffic stops take off the streets. Don't believe me? Check out http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/HP71/search.jsp

These are people taken off the street by traffic violations that would otherwise go free.
JamesBeth

Arnold, MO

#24 Dec 13, 2011
I remeber the chief saying that property crimes and detective work is expensive and time consuming. That they must use traffic enforcement and the revenue generation from that to help pay for the property crimes. Just ready the Leader any week and the property crimes are getting out of control. The Arnold PD must change the above attitude. But aleast we have a few safe intersections and HWY 55 drivers obey the speed limit. But traffic enforcement will not help to get back my personal property.
Arnold guy

Arnold, MO

#25 Dec 13, 2011
Seriously wrote:
How do suppose you take drugs/users of off the street? The answer is traffic stops. You would be surprised what traffic stops take off the streets. Don't believe me? Check out http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/HP71/search.jsp
These are people taken off the street by traffic violations that would otherwise go free.
Thats true in some areas, but Arnold PD does not use Racial profiling, they use economic profiling. The pull over the people that can and will pay the violations.
Hickory

North Weymouth, MA

#26 Dec 15, 2011
The preious PD wa very good, but about 7-8 yrs ago, some crackhead hanged himself in the holding cell, and the mayor fired the whole PD. Since then the new cops have not been very good. They come late or not at all. The dispatcher, if you every are lucky enough to call there, she is so snotty and self-righteous. I really do not feel protected by the APD.

In recent memory all the serious armed conflicts have been solved by them running away, calling in St Louis county helicopters to do flyovers, but of course by then they have totally lost track of the person.

As to drugs - I don't believe they are doing anything about that, and they don't plan to take the risk of confronting that.

But they sure will have 3-4 cars pull over one soccer mom for rolling a stop.
Just sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#27 Dec 16, 2011
"The Lousy Cop"

Well Mr. Citizen, I guess you have me figured out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the "lousy cop." Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out.

From birth you teach your children that I am the bogeyman, and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal. You accuse me of coddling juveniles, until I catch your kid doing something. You may take an hour for lunch, and have several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.

You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals at noon with your troubles. You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws, but never got a single ticket you deserved. You shout "foul" if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call!!!

You call it "part of the job" if someone strikes me, but it's "police brutality" if I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always willing to give me a few pointers on law enforcement. You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand and take it without batting an eye.

You cry, "Something has to be done about all the crime!" but you can't be bothered with getting involved.

You've got no use for me at all, but, of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, or deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car on the way to the hospital, or save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours over-time to find your lost daughter.

So Mr. Citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing, ME, or one if my buddies.

"YES ME THE LOUSY COP"
hmm

United States

#28 Dec 16, 2011
Just sayin wrote:
"The Lousy Cop"

Well Mr. Citizen, I guess you have me figured out. I seem to fit neatly into the category you place me in. I'm stereotyped, characterized, standardized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the "lousy cop." Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true. I can never figure you out.

From birth you teach your children that I am the bogeyman, and then you're shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy, the criminal. You accuse me of coddling juveniles, until I catch your kid doing something. You may take an hour for lunch, and have several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.

You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals at noon with your troubles. You raise hell about the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws, but never got a single ticket you deserved. You shout "foul" if you observe me driving fast enroute to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call!!!

You call it "part of the job" if someone strikes me, but it's "police brutality" if I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or your doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always willing to give me a few pointers on law enforcement. You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand and take it without batting an eye.

You cry, "Something has to be done about all the crime!" but you can't be bothered with getting involved.

You've got no use for me at all, but, of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, or deliver your baby in the back seat of my patrol car on the way to the hospital, or save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours over-time to find your lost daughter.

So Mr. Citizen, you stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop a minute to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing, ME, or one if my buddies.

"YES ME THE LOUSY COP"
I'm still waiting on you to find my stolen property but seems as if it's at the bottom of your priority list, I do understand there are still good cops that are dedicated to the job and perform it to the best of ability but on the other hand there are a bunch of officers that were bullied as kids and didn't fit in so they become police officers to get back at people for all the bs they went through growing up. You say you respond in a timely manner I've called and waited 3 hours until you guys feel like coming out
a

United States

#29 Dec 16, 2011
Theres pros and cons of every situation only the officer can decide to do a great job or be a power tripping a hole. You cannot tell me you have received a ticket since your a cop and if you say that you have that's a lie you get away with murder
Just sayin

Chicago, IL

#30 Dec 16, 2011
Let me guess the stolen property was probably out of your un locked car. Also just so you know if it took three hours to get to your call then they must have been busy with a priority call. You are aware that police officers are still under the watchful eye of supervisors and city government therefore have to follow orders. They can't just say I'll show up whenever I feel like it. Every call is monitored by time of call to the time they leave and later reviewed. Actually alot of cops will write other officers tickets , no I have not got one in my 8 years but have also only been pulled over twice. It amazes me that people get do Pd off over tickets, I got tickets all the time as youngster and still said sorry and thank you. Guess what after paying fines I learned a lesson. And ur right there are some a holes out there but there are everywhere and that's life, but don't just assume because one is a a hole we are.
Cops

Saint Louis, MO

#31 Dec 18, 2011
Perfectly stated, I couldn't agree more. And, no I am not a police officer.
Just sayin wrote:
"The Lousy Cop"
"YES ME THE LOUSY COP"
Arnold guy

Arnold, MO

#32 Dec 18, 2011
Cops wrote:
Perfectly stated, I couldn't agree more. And, no I am not a police officer.
<quoted text>
Anymore
Seriously

Fenton, MO

#33 Dec 18, 2011
The general public has no clue what goes on in public safety. They think all the firemen do is sleep and the cops do nothing but write tickets. If only they could see what really happens in a 12/24 hour shift.
maby

Addison, IL

#34 Dec 18, 2011
I watched rescue me so I have nothing bad to say about Firefighters even the firefighters have problems with the cops, All jokes aside I respect both they try there best to keep the community safe
Just Sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#35 Dec 19, 2011
I would love to see the people that go out and bash emrgency workers whether it be police, fire, paramedics, and so on, spend one shift doing what we do. Yeah cops write tickets, it is part of the job keeping the roads safe. And before some clueless mind gets on here and replys "oh its just a revenue generator" then you go to the next fatal accident and investigate the body of a little child, mother, father etc.. Police deepartments average these types of calls anywhere from 5-10 times a year or more; it gets overwhelming. That is why we enforce traffic laws; not for revenue, I have yet to see a dime out of the tickets I write. So when people say things like the "police are picking on law abiding soccer moms, while the real criminals are running wild," is absurd. As far as you property crimes compliant "JamesBeth" unless there are witness's, cameras, or vehicle information, chances are slim to none of finding these people; but let me guess, you watch CSI. NEWSFLASH ITS FAKE. To "jdmusa" if you let a ticket ruin your day, thats pretty sad buddy. I bet you are the first person to call the police about speeders in your neighborhood or some jerk cutting you off. I have an idea for those of you who complain about getting tickets; Stop breaking traffic laws. And just to answer what I know is coming, yes everyone speeds at some point in time even police officers, it's going to happen, but if you get caught own it. Like I said earlier, I have been stopped twice in 8 years and luckily did not get a ticket; but I also write as many warnings every year as tickets, so others are getting breaks too. If you get a ticket every time you get stopped, maybe you should check your attitude and see why your getting tickets. I got as many warnings in my years prior to law enforcement as I did tickets and I was a construction laborer with no police connections.
JamesBeth

Arnold, MO

#36 Dec 19, 2011
My point was that perahps a better use of police assets and the possibility of reducing or catching property crime would be to have the 6 patrol cars patroling the city instead of sitting on 55 waiting for speeders on a Saturday/Sunday morning. It amazes me that Arnold still has enough officers protecting the public while having 6 cars running rador on north bound 55. Perahps we have too many officers? Or do we have a false sense of protection and there is an opportunity for criminals to rob the southern part of the city blind the next time the entire police force is sitting on north bound 55.
Info

Saint Louis, MO

#37 Dec 20, 2011
James,
The officers sitting on Hwy 55 are all overtime officers, paid for by a federal/state grant. It does not take away from the on duty officers working that day. It is a federal grant that the department was awarded to reduce speeding and hopefully cut down on highway deaths. And for the most part if you see an officer pulling someone over that driver was doing 80mph or over in a 65mph. So rest assure it does not take away from the city being patrolled, all those officers you see are working off duty and are being paid by a state/federal grant.
Just sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#38 Dec 20, 2011
Yes info that is correct. Anytime you see "speed traps" as they call them, it's secondary grant money and the officers are getting paid ot by the state. I just wish some people would think about what they are saying. Do you not think that the chief of police cares about what goes on his city. If the city is doing bad how does that look on him and the city government. I bet you would say there are too many officers when you need help and have plenty there at your service. Think of places like Jefferson county who have three to four on at A time and have to take calls by priority only. So be thankful you have a great department and city who wants to make sure they are staffed with enough people to serve you properly. Trust I work for a department who don't have that luxury.
Just sayin

Saint Louis, MO

#39 Dec 20, 2011
One last thing to James Beth. It is true that heavy traffic enforcement scares off criminals. Who wants to go somewhere that police are everywhere and known to stop vehicles. Just food fir thought.
Observation

Osage Beach, MO

#40 Dec 20, 2011
Regarding the "speed trap" set up at Richardson and Northbound 55. They put a vehicle (Tahoe) on the exit ramp, left side shoulder to shoot radar. This vehicle overlaps onto the left exit ramp lane. This causes vehicles to try to move to the right. Which is fine if there are no vehicles in the right lane. THEN, the catch cars are on the right shoulder of the exit ramp, causing everyone to try to move back to the left. I have no problem with them running this "operation". However, this seems to create a traffic hazard in itself. Surely there is a better way?
Arnold guy

Arnold, MO

#41 Dec 20, 2011
Just Sayin wrote:
I would love to see the people that go out and bash emrgency workers whether it be police, fire, paramedics, and so on, spend one shift doing what we do. Yeah cops write tickets, it is part of the job keeping the roads safe. And before some clueless mind gets on here and replys "oh its just a revenue generator" then you go to the next fatal accident and investigate the body of a little child, mother, father etc.. Police deepartments average these types of calls anywhere from 5-10 times a year or more; it gets overwhelming. That is why we enforce traffic laws; not for revenue, I have yet to see a dime out of the tickets I write. So when people say things like the "police are picking on law abiding soccer moms, while the real criminals are running wild," is absurd. As far as you property crimes compliant "JamesBeth" unless there are witness's, cameras, or vehicle information, chances are slim to none of finding these people; but let me guess, you watch CSI. NEWSFLASH ITS FAKE. To "jdmusa" if you let a ticket ruin your day, thats pretty sad buddy. I bet you are the first person to call the police about speeders in your neighborhood or some jerk cutting you off. I have an idea for those of you who complain about getting tickets; Stop breaking traffic laws. And just to answer what I know is coming, yes everyone speeds at some point in time even police officers, it's going to happen, but if you get caught own it. Like I said earlier, I have been stopped twice in 8 years and luckily did not get a ticket; but I also write as many warnings every year as tickets, so others are getting breaks too. If you get a ticket every time you get stopped, maybe you should check your attitude and see why your getting tickets. I got as many warnings in my years prior to law enforcement as I did tickets and I was a construction laborer with no police connections.
So let me see if i understand you. You give tickets out according to weather or not you like the person you just pulled over? If I am a danger to the public, but say please and thank you, I will get a warning? Who the hell gave you the right to be Judge, Jury, and prosecution. Do me a favor and dont give out any tickets next month and see if you still have a job. Because revenue has nothing to do with it, RIGHT?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lesbian/bi girls numbers (Nov '14) 3 hr Melllzz 17
Politicians lining their pockets $$ 4 hr DoWhatIsRight 1
Its all about the $$ to politicians 4 hr DoWhatIsRight 1
Mysterious Low Frequency Sound in Antonia, MO (Nov '08) Jan '17 Cornhuzker 62
Seckman High Jan '17 Charlie Horse 2
Amberleigh Woods Jan '17 south county 1
imperia Oct '16 pronet 1

Imperial Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance