Fox C-6 spying and reporting on students off campus activities.

Posted in the Imperial Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned student

United States

#1 May 31, 2012
The Fox C-6 district now has a Twitter,a Myspace, and a Facebook. They use these accounts to spy on the students. The district sent a letter to my friend's parents warning of her misbehavior. What's next are they going to start tracking the students cars after they leave the parking lot to make sure they're not speeding? This is a violation of students rights. The district has no right to know anything assume does off campus. They need to be stopped or they will continue until the students have no rights at all. We need privacy.
I'm not supporting underage drinking but isn't it the parents job to keep an eye on the kids. So why are they spying on us? They are trying to say the parents cant watch their kids so the district do it for them. I believe the district has once again overstepped her boundaries I will keep doing so until they are stopped.
concerned resident

Arnold, MO

#2 May 31, 2012
If the students are not doing anything wrong, then I guess there would not be a problem. My Space, Twitter and Facebook are all social media sites. They are public as long as you put your business up there without restricting access it is there for the world to see. It's like a picture, if someone takes a picture, there isn't a thing you can do about it as long as it is what anyone with eyes can see, it is in the public domain.
I see kids wandering around during the day during the school year when they should be in school, I call the police and let them check it out so there will not be any trouble in the neighborhood.
There has been quite a bit of thievery, vandalism, drug and alcohol activity with our youth. I am all for paying attention and putting a stop to it.
concerned graduate

Sunrise Beach, MO

#3 May 31, 2012
Look, I graduated from Fox. Seckman to be exact. from my stand point, there is absolutely no good that can come of this. Where did the privacy go? We have cameras at stoplights, some street corners, and ATMs. We have internet providers tracking what we search online, and bills trying to be passed to further investigate what we do online. Any phone call can easily be listened in on with one wrongly spoken word, purposeful or not. We can NOT have this, too. I don't even go to this school anymore and I feel offended. Every move that kids are making are being watched. I don't condone illegal activity myself, but it certainly isn't up to a SCHOOL DISTRICT to act like a big brother (and I mean 'big brother' in more ways than one). This should be stopped immediately.
Clayton HIgh

Arnold, MO

#4 May 31, 2012
Thought I would mention that the Clayton High School Principal mysteriously "resigned" (AKA told she could resign or be fired), for the same conduct. Thought I would toss that out there.

See: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/education/...
Concerned Resident

Arnold, MO

#5 Jun 1, 2012
You can toss it out there, but it isn't even remotely a similar situation. In that case a pricipal was using an alias and asking people to friend them, that is not the case here.
Big brother

United States

#6 Jun 1, 2012
I think it's a great idea this generation is just plan dumb. How many highschool kids talk about getting high or drunk on theese sites. And it is need due to the online harrasment and bullying
pizzarat

Lake Ozark, MO

#7 Jun 1, 2012
Consider the phrase "reasonable expectation of privacy" for a moment. Is it in a public street? No. Is it online in a social network? No. Can prospective or current employers look around online and find "interesting" pics and videos of their employees? Yes! Why? Because people who commit crimes or questionable acts are sometimes so smart they post pictures or video! Derp.
Seriously

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jun 5, 2012
concerned graduate wrote:
Look, I graduated from Fox. Seckman to be exact. from my stand point, there is absolutely no good that can come of this. Where did the privacy go? We have cameras at stoplights, some street corners, and ATMs. We have internet providers tracking what we search online, and bills trying to be passed to further investigate what we do online. Any phone call can easily be listened in on with one wrongly spoken word, purposeful or not. We can NOT have this, too. I don't even go to this school anymore and I feel offended. Every move that kids are making are being watched. I don't condone illegal activity myself, but it certainly isn't up to a SCHOOL DISTRICT to act like a big brother (and I mean 'big brother' in more ways than one). This should be stopped immediately.
Since you graduated from Seckman and not Fox, you can't be that old......so I just wanted to say (as a parent of a graduate of Fox BEFORE Seckman existed) that this is the MOST intelligent post I've read in quite some time. Well done, well said, and I agree with you a million percent.
Seriously

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jun 5, 2012
concerned resident wrote:
If the students are not doing anything wrong, then I guess there would not be a problem. My Space, Twitter and Facebook are all social media sites. They are public as long as you put your business up there without restricting access it is there for the world to see. It's like a picture, if someone takes a picture, there isn't a thing you can do about it as long as it is what anyone with eyes can see, it is in the public domain.
I see kids wandering around during the day during the school year when they should be in school, I call the police and let them check it out so there will not be any trouble in the neighborhood.
There has been quite a bit of thievery, vandalism, drug and alcohol activity with our youth. I am all for paying attention and putting a stop to it.
Really? You see kids "wandering around during the day, when they should be in school" and you friggin call the cops?! Did it EVER occur to you that they might be home schooled kids, or that they are off because of a doctors/dentist appointment, or even perhaps a funeral to attend? If you call the cops every time you see a kid wandering around, when YOU think they should be somewhere else, you need to practice your "get off my lawn" voice as well.....ya busy body!
concerned resident

Arnold, MO

#10 Jun 5, 2012
If they are walking away from Fox when they are supposed to be walking towards it and if they are sneaking through the woods and the back streets, it's a safe bet they are supposed to be in school.

Have you heard of burglary, vandalism, drug use and truancy? They are related. Maybe if more people paid attention we wouldn't have the problems.

The reason kids do things they aren't supposed to do, is that nobody stops them. A lot of them are on self destruct and YOU don't care.
huh

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jun 5, 2012
If they are walking away from Fox when they are supposed to be walking towards it and if they are sneaking through the woods and the back streets, it's a safe bet they are supposed to be in school.
Have you heard of burglary, vandalism, drug use and truancy? They are related. Maybe if more people paid attention we wouldn't have the problems.
The reason kids do things they aren't supposed to do, is that nobody stops them. A lot of them are on self destruct and YOU don't care.
No one is saying not to pay attention, but you said yourself you call the cops if YOU THINK the kids should be in school!!!! Don't tell me I don't care, you have no friggin idea who I am, I know who YOU are, the nosy buttinski neighbor that EVERYONE hates, because you AREN'T HELPING. You are bothering the cops with BULLCRAP calls when they could be doing their REAL jobs, not pacifying YOU. The point is, it isn't YOUR job OR the cops job to decide if the kids are on a self destruct path, it isn't YOUR job to predict "crime" in broad daylight on a school day from someone walking, it's the parents job, it's NOT the schools either when the kids aren't IN the school. Have YOU ever heard of a short cut while walking. You are the classic example of what happens when you ASSUME. Need me to spell it out for you?
concerned resident

Arnold, MO

#12 Jun 5, 2012
No, I can clearly see that you fit the first three letters real well.
The cops are there to protect and serve. That is their job. We have vandals, druggies and thieves roaming the streets. Many of them are still in school or supposed to be anyway. I will do my duty as a citizen and keep my eyes and ears open and will continue to call the cops when I see something that isn't quite right. The police cannot be everywhere they need other's eyes and ears to alert them to problems.
By the way add the word hole to your first three letters and we have an accurate description of you!
Served

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Jun 5, 2012
No, I can clearly see that you fit the first three letters real well.
The cops are there to protect and serve. That is their job. We have vandals, druggies and thieves roaming the streets. Many of them are still in school or supposed to be anyway. I will do my duty as a citizen and keep my eyes and ears open and will continue to call the cops when I see something that isn't quite right. The police cannot be everywhere they need other's eyes and ears to alert them to problems.
By the way add the word hole to your first three letters and we have an accurate description of you!
You yourself said you call the cops when you see kids walking that "should be in school".......not when they were committing a crime or look suspicious. So don't get your panties in a bunch when you are called on what you yourself wrote. lol
Angela

Arnold, MO

#14 Jun 5, 2012
So Fox is spying on other people's children, then reporting them for questionable behavior?

This is hard to believe, considering the IT department for Fox is sub-par.

Maybe Fox should fix that first before they get into the spy business.
concerned resident

Arnold, MO

#15 Jun 5, 2012
Served wrote:
<quoted text>
You yourself said you call the cops when you see kids walking that "should be in school".......not when they were committing a crime or look suspicious. So don't get your panties in a bunch when you are called on what you yourself wrote. lol
So when those kids that have nothing better to do vandalize your house next time you aren't home during the day who are you going to blame? Or do you live in one of those houses that already looks likes it's been vandalized?
When they steal things from your vehicle parked in your driveway or in front of your house are you going to blame yourself for leaving what they took in there?
Seriously

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Jun 6, 2012
<quoted text>
So when those kids that have nothing better to do vandalize your house next time you aren't home during the day who are you going to blame? Or do you live in one of those houses that already looks likes it's been vandalized?
When they steal things from your vehicle parked in your driveway or in front of your house are you going to blame yourself for leaving what they took in there?
You just don't get it, you are never going to get it. Real grown up of you to ask if my house looks like it has already been vandalized, but no, my house is very nice, my cars are very nice, and I live in a neighborhood where I know the kids, the parents and we don't call the cops every time someone walks when we think they shouldn't. We also don't immediately assume it was kids if something does happen. We do however lock our doors and cars and don't leave anything tempting laying out, I think even the cops would tell you that - so yeah, if I left my laptop on the front seat of my car, I think I WOULD blame myself. Good luck with your mission to blame kids for everything in your little piece of heaven.
Seriously

Osage Beach, MO

#17 Jun 18, 2012
<quoted text>
First of all, the only job for the school with kids not showing up is to take attendance and inform the parents of absences if something looks wrong. It is the PARENTS job to watch their kids grades, make sure their homework is done and they are in school. Spying by the school is not the answer. If that was the case, why hasn't anyone spied on the Fox adminstrators for their terrible behavior for the last two years!!!!!! They claim it is not publics business, however, they have the right to spy on the children after hours. Hypocrites!!!! This district is so screwed up. I feel so sorry for the decent teachers, students and administrators with morals. What they have to put up with is pathetic!

And all of the internet social networking - the children and adults need to be aware the information you post is ALWAYS there. Even if you delete it. Someone could have made a copy and the networking sites have policy in place to keep all information for a certain amount of time. How come there are teachers in the district who have children under 18 as friends on their facebook???? Isn't there a law against this? What is Fox's policy? Again, pathetically ran school and truly feel sorry for the good people having to be associated with the crap at the top that drips down.

Since: Apr 08

Arnold, MO

#18 Jun 19, 2012
This is about a slow and methodical taking away of the right to privacy. If it's done a little at a time, people don't notice it as much and protest a little. First it was the Patriot Act, which gave cameras to the cities to monitor the movements of their citizens. Then it was red-light cameras, which believe me, are not being used for just that. Now it's facebook and the internet. Tomorrow it will be something else. The NDAA gives the government the right to walk into your home and take you away. Once you get used to your privacy being invaded, it won't bother you so much and they will take something else related to your privacy away. It is simply not right. Schools and employers are taking it upon themselves to monitor your life when you're not at school or on the clock. Don't give me the "if you're not doing anything wrong, what's the problem?" crap, that's just an excuse not to do something about it. It will get worse if it's not stopped NOW.
Fox is Drug Central

United States

#19 Oct 15, 2012
The C-6 school district is a haven for drugs at the secondary level. Facebook, MySpace, twitter, etc..are all open lines of communication where kids are openly advertising their drug use. Ask little Sarah or Tommy what goes on before school, or in the bathroom in between classes. Chances are you will hear about many students who are just plain STRUNG OUT on some bad stuff. Not just the Mary Jane. I am talking about the heavy stuff like heroin, meth and pills. Student privacy??? School is now a more dangerous place to send your kids than just about anywhere. If C-6 spying on kids helps prevent just one kid from turning into an addict then I hope this idea takes off. Right now Fox is a school where kids' dreams die..Sometimes literally. C-6 could be a model by using this to come down hard on those that choose the wrong path and either turn them around or turn them in. Either way it is not only broken families being hurt by this epidemic, it is also those who would never think it would happen to them.
As far as calling cops on kids when they seem to be out of place?,??,? Absolutely support it. When do you think an addict commits most of their crimes like burglary and other thefts??? During broad daylight when most people are at work. Last nights buzz wears off and the fix must be fed. So yes, call the police anytime something isn't right.
GIC

France

#20 Oct 16, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arnold website woes? 13 min open mind 39
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 13 min Ronald 2,690
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion 21 min ArnoldCC 447
Lacey 1 hr haha this 8
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr DAWG LOST AGAIN 96,913
School board meeting tonight 5 hr ArnoldCC 4
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 17 hr Ronald 431
•••
•••
Imperial Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Imperial Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••