Why do people in trailer parks

Why do people in trailer parks

Posted in the Imperial Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

AOL

#1 Mar 13, 2009
Why do people that live in trailer parks always cover their windows with foil?
Kisha

United States

#2 Mar 16, 2009
I know... Its hot in the summer and the sun heats it up ,the foil reflects the sun, and no, I dont live in a trailer. I live close to ST.Louis city in a nice house.

“SicGorgiamusAllo sSubjectosNunc”

Since: Aug 08

St. Louis Mo.

#3 Mar 25, 2009
Curious wrote:
Why do people that live in trailer parks always cover their windows with foil?
..........Elvis lived in motels and did the same thing! I would guess if it worked for the king it will work for the poor man in a trailer.

maybe they are trying to stop the CIA from spying on them with there hightec reflectors
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jun 19, 2009
Curious wrote:
Why do people that live in trailer parks always cover their windows with foil?
Ok for one NOT ALL people who live in trailer parks do that. That is a very narrow minded statement to say that everyone who lives in trailer parks do the same thing. That statement is very offensive and ignorant.
unbelievable

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jun 19, 2009
Whats wrong with living in a trailer park??

Since: May 09

United States

#6 Jun 22, 2009
People who live in mobile homes or even regular homes, cover their windows with foil because they are usually night shift workers and are trying sleep during the day. It is very difficult for 8 hrs with sunlight coming thru the windows. DUH!!

Since: May 09

United States

#7 Jun 22, 2009
Also, I don't live in a mobile home, but I do know people who do and they are certainly not tin cans that heat up. Newer mobile homes are well insulated and are nothing like the older homes.
Joe Schmoe

United States

#8 Jun 30, 2009
Wow, somebody's getting defensive about living in a trailer park. I don't believe there were any statements made criticizing trailer park dwellers. There is a common trait of people putting foil on their windows, as well as drinking, riding 4-wheelers and not working. These are facts...no opinion about these facts have been or are being stated. If you're one of these people and find it offensive, maybe you're the one who is critical of this life style. Embrace it, or move.
unbelievable

Florissant, MO

#9 Jul 1, 2009
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
Joe Schmoe wrote:
Wow, somebody's getting defensive about living in a trailer park. I don't believe there were any statements made criticizing trailer park dwellers. There is a common trait of people putting foil on their windows, as well as drinking, riding 4-wheelers and not working. These are facts...no opinion about these facts have been or are being stated. If you're one of these people and find it offensive, maybe you're the one who is critical of this life style. Embrace it, or move.
Matt

United States

#10 Jul 1, 2009
Could you provide a source for your "facts?" (Hint: You can't say yourself)
Joe Schmoe wrote:
Wow, somebody's getting defensive about living in a trailer park. I don't believe there were any statements made criticizing trailer park dwellers. There is a common trait of people putting foil on their windows, as well as drinking, riding 4-wheelers and not working. These are facts...no opinion about these facts have been or are being stated. If you're one of these people and find it offensive, maybe you're the one who is critical of this life style. Embrace it, or move.
tyler keenan

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Jul 1, 2009
or there loonitics cooking meth and they dont want the stench to leek out duh!
Flossie

United States

#12 Jul 2, 2009
tyler keenan wrote:
or there loonitics cooking meth and they dont want the stench to leek out duh!
I take you know of what you speak!
GutenMorgan

Imperial, MO

#13 Jul 8, 2009
*I* live in a mobile home...and here are some facts:

*I* don't cover my windows with aluminum foil!

There is not a single home in my community with aluminum covered windows.

MY home is PAID for, and probably a LOT nicer than your CITY house.:)

Since buying my home 12 years ago, it has not depreciated AT ALL, due to my improvements.(can we say granite counters, stainless steel appliances, claw tub, etc?)

Don't knock someone's HOME...at least we are not on WELFARE.

PS...I honestly think the aluminum covered windows was associated with GROW HOUSES.
unbelievable

Florissant, MO

#14 Jul 8, 2009
GutenMorgan wrote:
*I* live in a mobile home...and here are some facts:
*I* don't cover my windows with aluminum foil!
There is not a single home in my community with aluminum covered windows.
MY home is PAID for, and probably a LOT nicer than your CITY house.:)
Since buying my home 12 years ago, it has not depreciated AT ALL, due to my improvements.(can we say granite counters, stainless steel appliances, claw tub, etc?)
Don't knock someone's HOME...at least we are not on WELFARE.
PS...I honestly think the aluminum covered windows was associated with GROW HOUSES.
Good for you! Loved what you wrote.....
Proud Citizen

Jefferson City, MO

#15 Jul 10, 2009
My first home was a mobile home, it was new clean and I was proud of it. Kept it that way until I moved into a stick built home. I wasn't new and I had to repair and update it to bring it even up the standards that my new mobile home had.
I will probably retire in a new modular because they are nice and comfortable and I can afford it better than a new home nowadays. When I make this move I plan to live until I die in it. I don't have the time or ambition anymore to remodel someone else' home that probably need updating and cleaned.
Freund

Fredericktown, MO

#16 Jul 12, 2009
You people are insane.....foil is used to keep out light for whatever reason.

What the hell is a "City House" , I live in another city and have a house, do I have a City house or is that some sort of House Springs term?
GutenMorgan

Imperial, MO

#18 Jul 16, 2009
Oh please! LOL If people were simply trying to keep light out, WHY use aluminum foil? How about...curtains? blinds? a freaking TOWEL? LOL

Freund...a "city house"....quite simply, a house in a city. It was directed at Kisha, who's reply of "I don't live in a trailer...I live in a nice house in the city" or something similar, sounded offensive...as if mobile homes were NOT nice.

You all who think this thread was not offensive to mobile home OWNERS, need to read the initial post...a blanket statement...as if this is a mobile home exclusive issue.

Thanks, Unbelievable!:O)

one who knows

Fredericktown, MO

#19 Jul 19, 2009
GutenMorgan wrote:
Oh please! LOL If people were simply trying to keep light out, WHY use aluminum foil? How about...curtains? blinds? a freaking TOWEL? LOL
Freund...a "city house"....quite simply, a house in a city. It was directed at Kisha, who's reply of "I don't live in a trailer...I live in a nice house in the city" or something similar, sounded offensive...as if mobile homes were NOT nice.
You all who think this thread was not offensive to mobile home OWNERS, need to read the initial post...a blanket statement...as if this is a mobile home exclusive issue.
Thanks, Unbelievable!:O)
Usually (unless you are of course cooking meth....) foil is used within windows to block out the light during the day for sleeping. You obviously have never worked shift work. Curtains and blinds even the blackouts do not provide enough darkness for some people to sleep well.
Believe me I know this for a fact. Now what else it can be used for is of course up for debate. By the way, it is used in houses, apt and mobile homes by one and same. The orginial post stated mobile homes.
Bertrand Man

AOL

#20 Jul 21, 2009
GutenMorgan wrote:
*I* live in a mobile home...and here are some facts:
*I* don't cover my windows with aluminum foil!
There is not a single home in my community with aluminum covered windows.
MY home is PAID for, and probably a LOT nicer than your CITY house.:)
Since buying my home 12 years ago, it has not depreciated AT ALL, due to my improvements.(can we say granite counters, stainless steel appliances, claw tub, etc?)
Don't knock someone's HOME...at least we are not on WELFARE.
PS...I honestly think the aluminum covered windows was associated with GROW HOUSES.
Can you say "it's no use polishing a turd"?
GutenMorgan

Imperial, MO

#21 Jul 26, 2009
Bertrand Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you say "it's no use polishing a turd"?
Can YOU say, "Prejudiced azzhole?!" :O)~
OneWhoKnows...thanks for enlightening me! You are correct...I have never worked a shift which requires me to sleep in daylight...but it WOULD be problematic for me! Once when I was sick, I had to staple up a dark blanket! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imperial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Defacing The US Flag 4 hr Dogs Lives Matter 12
Neighbors Fighting At Bottom of Hill on Carter (Oct '16) 9 hr You Pay For It 65
Questions == FOR ==== JOYCE == MEYER (Apr '13) 19 hr Anonymous 9
The Old Biltmore (Jun '09) Fri cjonesmo 39
thinking of moving here Fri Imagurl 1
News Meyer's $57 million evangelism empire (Sep '09) Thu Anonymous 18
Extreme Lifestyles Tattoo (Oct '08) Thu Extreme Lifestyles 83

Imperial Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Imperial Mortgages