A personal connection to Oregon's pri...

A personal connection to Oregon's pristine northeastern corner

There are 3 comments on the CrossCut story from Aug 9, 2010, titled A personal connection to Oregon's pristine northeastern corner. In it, CrossCut reports that:

Rich in history, stubbornly rural and forever beautiful, remote Wallowa County, Ore., calls out to generations to return again, and again and again Dezz via Creative Commons Wallowa Lake Mysteries of an Oregon beach On the Oregon coast, science, legend, and wild theories are intertwined at Nehalem, where archaeologists, historians, treasure ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CrossCut.

Canda

Beaverton, OR

#1 May 6, 2011
Hello, I just wanted to write you to let you know that I read the things said about Wallowa Lake and how there is possibly a monster inside. I possibly think this may be true; Maybe not a monster but a prehistoric creature maybe. I have lived in Union County my whole life and i have been to Wallowa Lake many of times. I have never got inside the water or even put my feet inside. Since i was five years old this lake has petrified me, even before i heard these stories. I have heard people mention that in some parts of the lake; there is no recorded depth, because it is too deep to continue the measurement. So i do believe that it may be possible and safe to think, this lake is conected to a bigger body of water.
P.S. That Lake is a mystery.
Oregon Is Disgusting

Portland, OR

#3 May 13, 2011
Sounds like a lame attempt to encourage tourism.
Vickie

La Grande, OR

#4 Jan 10, 2015
Oregon Is Disgusting wrote:
Sounds like a lame attempt to encourage tourism.
Wally has been around over 60 years far before tourism became an issue to this area

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Imnaha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DAWSON: Crowdfunding can bolster community (Jun '14) Jun '14 Vickie Crane 1
the biggest dating webs ite in the world free (Sep '13) Sep '13 Yoko Bleakney 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Oregon (Di... (Oct '10) Dec '10 tattoo 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Imnaha Mortgages