Please Support Local Business

Posted in the Ilion Forum

Stay Local

Ilion, NY

#1 Dec 29, 2012
In these down times we need to help support our local businesses. Our valley has lived in a recession period for the past 30 years and the businesses that have been able to stay open are open because they are able to take care of their consumers. Big businesses in the area like WalMart & Lowe's will drop you in an instant and never see you again but local businesses owned by local people will be your neighbors and friends forever. The more local business support we can get the more local businesses will be able to start and be successful. Shop locally and support each other.
Have Gun Will Travel

Little Falls, NY

#4 Dec 31, 2012
Just what local businesses do you suggest I support that are competitive? I don't buy things that Ilion Lumber sells, Ilion True Value is way over-priced, Sorrento's Pizza is horrible, as is Froggy's. I will say that I do like the Village Deli whenever I want a sub, but that's only about once every six months. I used to buy my meats at Melrose, but now that I am living by myself, I don't cook big meal anymore. Guess I'll just have to see how local businesses are at my new out-of-state home. Hopefully they are better than what this valley provides.
Really

Ilion, NY

#5 Dec 31, 2012
Have Gun Will Travel wrote:
Just what local businesses do you suggest I support that are competitive? I don't buy things that Ilion Lumber sells, Ilion True Value is way over-priced, Sorrento's Pizza is horrible, as is Froggy's. I will say that I do like the Village Deli whenever I want a sub, but that's only about once every six months. I used to buy my meats at Melrose, but now that I am living by myself, I don't cook big meal anymore. Guess I'll just have to see how local businesses are at my new out-of-state home. Hopefully they are better than what this valley provides.
Vinny's pizza is really good, and Herb Philipsons in pretty competitive. Robinson Brothers in Mohawk is good for appliances. There are many options that I do not think people realize are available in the area.
Crop Circle

New York, NY

#6 Dec 31, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Vinny's pizza is really good, and Herb Philipsons in pretty competitive. Robinson Brothers in Mohawk is good for appliances. There are many options that I do not think people realize are available in the area.
Not one you mention is in Ilion.
Really

New York, NY

#7 Dec 31, 2012
Crop Circle wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one you mention is in Ilion.
The one's I mentioned are local small businesses in the valley. I think we should try to support all of our valley businesses.
Good Business

Ilion, NY

#10 Jan 2, 2013
Melfe's is a great local business. The price is close to the competition, sometimes a little higher, but the service is second to none. Ilion Lumber is the same way, some prices are really competitive and the service is great!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erich Greig anyone know him? 1 hr worker 3
Otsego St 7 hr Sara 3
Dallas 7 hr sadday 3
where is Laykan Mead 9 hr EnRoute 6
WheresTheUp 9 hr Kizzy 4
Art Stanley Contracting 13 hr Sara 13
Ilion tattoo DR DAN ART Fri Truth hurts 2
Ilion Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web