sad day in ilion

Oneida, NY

#245 Dec 3, 2009
CAB wrote:
?INSURANCE WAS INCRESED JUST BEFORE? WIREING WAS PRETTY NEW?THE NAMES MAKE ALOT OF SCENTS IF YOU LOOK-THE ARMS NEW CONTRCTS?OR FAMILYS RELATED 2 IMPORTANT STANDING IN TOWN LOL IT'S NORMAL 2 HELP FAMILY N FRIENDS BUT SOMETHINGS JUST SHOULD'NT BE COVERED UP?
it was an awful day i was 4 years old and i remember it. ive always heard rumors that there was a cover up and a believe it. this town hasnt change a bit. if it had been a kid from the wrong side of the tracks they would have hung them. hopefully some day we will find out. they are the ones that have to live with it. i couldnt,
CAB

Saranac Lake, NY

#246 Jan 28, 2010
ya the truth can hurt lots of people
Pez

Canastota, NY

#247 Jan 28, 2010
Anyone wanna sell me your kids? Actually trade them for a subscription to my comedy golf magazine?
pezisadumass

Boonville, NY

#248 Jan 29, 2010
hey pez we hadn't seen your stupid ass in a while not that we missed you. only a stupid piece of garbage would talk like that on this thread. some people are still around that have ties to the high school fire. and in case you forgot a man lost his life in that fire. show some respect.
I was there

Pleasanton, CA

#249 Feb 14, 2010
My sister and I walked up and watched the fire.It was terrible.From what I remember they had two boys and had questioned them(I wont give their names).And released them.
CAB

Saranac Lake, NY

#250 Feb 16, 2010
That is interestig
yep

New York, NY

#251 Jun 26, 2010
one of the kids was my grandmas cousin that was invovled in the fire.. but their names were covered up and nothing ever happend.. its sad.. that they let them get away with all that.. such a shame.
Shame

Murrells Inlet, SC

#252 Jun 27, 2010
It is a shame as families were affected by this tragedy. Good ole Ilion!
CAB

Oneida, NY

#253 Jun 29, 2010
Ya it's not right but that's the way it is in Ilion or was.lol Noone will ever know who really started that fire because of the family name's involed it really suck's.that's why i didn't have my kid's go 2 this school ,and now Mrs Rudd is a new proublem??? Hope the kid's do something about her? LOL but that's a whole other thing,but mostly the name's of family's are in this post look it up and see that it was a coverup and some think it's funny , like me this town is a joke and something should be done about it? Not a place 2 have your kid's??(dont drink the water) LOL ???
Im Ashamed

Murrells Inlet, SC

#254 Jun 29, 2010
huh in LF wrote:
I knew the other fireman's family very well. His kids and all of my siblings played together for many years. The fall was devastating to the family. I can still remember seeing the fireman walking down the street - brought tears to my eyes. The fireman who was killed left behind a bunch of little kids as well.
Everyone knew the fire whistle code for the High School. I bet every paid and volunteer fireman was at that blaze. It still brings me such sadness ater all these years. The aftermath was that the school system was totally in disaray. The High School and Junior High went on 1/2 day sessions while the Weber Ave Elementary kids were bussed over to a school in Frankfort.
This fired effected a lot of people.
I had to come back to this after some time. We must know each other as my Dad was the one who fell with Mr Seymour. I see that you speak about my Dad and my brothers. This winter I was given a name which has been hinted about and mentioned here. I do not know him and dont really care too. I will just hope and pray that he has become a respectable person after causing two families such pain. If not I guess he will have to answer to another power someday. I would like to hear from you in regards to my Dad. As you must know he passed shortly after I graduated but I never heard stories during this time I was born after the fire. You seem to have known him and my brothers though. I am the youngest of Robert Day and proud that he would sacrifice his life for the safety of others.
ohno

Ithaca, NY

#255 Jul 1, 2010
yea?
blahblah

Geneva, NY

#256 Jul 1, 2010
Im Ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to come back to this after some time. We must know each other as my Dad was the one who fell with Mr Seymour. I see that you speak about my Dad and my brothers. This winter I was given a name which has been hinted about and mentioned here. I do not know him and dont really care too. I will just hope and pray that he has become a respectable person after causing two families such pain. If not I guess he will have to answer to another power someday. I would like to hear from you in regards to my Dad. As you must know he passed shortly after I graduated but I never heard stories during this time I was born after the fire. You seem to have known him and my brothers though. I am the youngest of Robert Day and proud that he would sacrifice his life for the safety of others.
I know you are proud of your Dad! I'll contact you through email. You do know who I am - one of the So. 3rd Ave crew :)
uh huh

Ithaca, NY

#257 Jul 1, 2010
nice to hear.
never

Ithaca, NY

#258 Jul 1, 2010
this is as it should be, confidential talks between those involved.
right

Ithaca, NY

#259 Jul 1, 2010
talk...
Ldmer

Murrells Inlet, SC

#260 Jul 1, 2010
never wrote:
Nothing confidential really on my part. Im sure most know this is Bob Days only daughter. I was not born during this time and it was never really spoken too much growing up. I had not even realized the pain he was really in until reading on here so I am interested in finding out more about my Dad and that is all. My email is Ldmer81@gmail.com No secrets here. As far as the name I was told I would not even be sure if that is true but several on here also mentioned the name. I have gotten to the point that it is not really important to me anymore as it was before. I guess there comes a time when one must move on.{Ps sorry about the Im ashamed in the name not sure where that came up.} Wishing all the best. Leisa
blahblah

Geneva, NY

#261 Jul 1, 2010
never wrote:
Some of know how to use these forums in the proper way and NOT to openly used someone else's name. There are responsible internet users out here - amazing, isn't it?
CAB

Oneida, NY

#262 Jul 2, 2010
I started this post because someone asked me about the fire. My dad was a cop at the time and may have been on duty that night or was called back in?He would never say much about it because he grew up with and knew the firefighter who died? But there was a coverup and he toke it personel and quit the force and got in the arms.I have a great respect for them but not those responsible 4 covering it up?(my dads name was Danford)Your family would know him im sure.I dont mean 2 disrespect anyone i was just sure it was a coverup and its not cool the family diserve the truth and the firefighters should be Honored!!!(im my dads only son)
Prissy

Watertown, NY

#263 Jul 27, 2010
Anybody hear of Doug Miller - he committed suicide and was a member of the school board at the time of the fire - also a Remington Arms big shot !!
Inquiring

New York, NY

#264 Oct 17, 2010
Did this fire happen in what is now the schoolhouse apts? I to am looking for information and keep hitting dead ends. a little help if anyone can or is willing i would really appreciate a point in the right direction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ape man last seen on rt 51 early sunday 2 hr AsScLoWn 31
Village of Ilion going down the tubes 20 hr Ilion old-timer 48
Obama HOAX (Feb '14) Wed just the facts 36
find me a gay bar Tue gay pride 5
Cva sports Tue ilion 72
Trevett's a criminal Tue Example 24
Mom is a PAIN Mon church lady 11
Ilion Dating
Find my Match

Ilion Jobs