Remington Arms Relocating
sick of it

Lewiston, ME

#21 Mar 7, 2011
Remington Voice wrote:
Remington Arms Company in Ilion, New York announced today that it was relocating to Texas. The Lonestar State came in as the No. 1 business friendly state.Having the 15th largest economy in the world certainly helps the nation’s second-biggest state keep its rankings high and its residents happy.
It has been noted by Remington officials that employee disatisfaction with thier work environment and union leadership contributed greatly to thier decision. Remington Arms Co is owned by Cerberus Capital Management LP. On Friday a spokesman for Cerberus, said ; "Since Chief Executive Theodore Torbeck had resigned in September 2010 the company has been contemplating the move. Employees at the plant in Ilion are not satified with thier union leaders but have done nothing to make a change in that leadership."
Cerberus will notify the employees at the next union meeting scheduled in March. Until that time Cerbus will be monitoring the TOPIX website to gain valuable insight to enable them to make appropriate position offers to valued employees. So far the only employee offered a position is Jamie Rudwall, a person well liked by all.
Where do you find this information? Youre just another shit stirrer.
UnionScum

Paron, AR

#23 Mar 7, 2011
You Remington union workers should be glad your in a union, because if you weren't, your sorry lazy a$$es would have been fired years ago.

As far as Remington taxes go, The taxes might be lower, but it keeps the jobs at the plant, the town will make up for it through payroll, income and sales taxes when you lazy scum union workers spend your paychecks...
disaster

Earlington, KY

#25 Mar 7, 2011
OMG don't come to the Kentucky facility! We are having the same problems as you guys! It's all about the numbers! Safety and quality are out the window! It's been a nightmare since the Marlin lines have come in! We are not union, but i think we might need one!
umwa is all company

Vernon, NY

#26 Mar 7, 2011
I don't see why this company is against them. Hell Brown is all company.
UMWA 717 Member

Canastota, NY

#27 Mar 7, 2011
disaster wrote:
OMG don't come to the Kentucky facility! We are having the same problems as you guys! It's all about the numbers! Safety and quality are out the window! It's been a nightmare since the Marlin lines have come in! We are not union, but i think we might need one!
Thank you for your 2 cents. You read our posts, do you think we are just a bunch of lazyass union members? Or are we hardworking quality oriented people who want a reasonable share of the profits we make. All anybody heres is state worker unions and the scams they play and they think we are all the same. We are owned by a Wall St. hedge firm who is cutbacks, cutbacks, cutbacks and nobody believes or understands the future.
UMWA 717 Member

Canastota, NY

#29 Mar 8, 2011
UMWA 717 Member wrote:
Better yet, do you think we are just a bunch of losers who need to get lives? If you answered yes to that question, then DING DING DING you are correct! We think we are airing our frustrations on here... but what we fail to realize is that Topix is an embarrassing site to begin with. Nobody intelligent would post on here as often as we do when 95% of the people who come on here are mean, ignorant, and looking for trouble.
Post # 28 {and probably #30}the bored idiot strikes again.

Yes this web site can be mean as you have showed many times. Some posters are trying to communicate informational issues for the good of our future. For those that are mean, ignorant and looking for trouble, I hope they understand just a little bit about Karma. Those being bullied and slandered, well they know what is true and people who know them know the truth.
insight

Lewiston, ME

#30 Mar 8, 2011
I don't think the person that posted from Kentucky is bashing Ilion or the union here at all. It seems the statement shows the same frustration there as we are having here in ilion.Union or not.They may be better off forming a union but need to take the proper steps in doing so Good luck to those people.
Business101

United States

#31 Mar 8, 2011
No you do not deserve a cut of the profits. Remington hired you and agreed to pay you a wage in which you agreed to. Your job which you are paid for, is to make products in which the company then has to market and sell so the company can make a profit, so you ...yes you....will have a job next year.
go now

Vernon, NY

#32 Mar 8, 2011
who give a f..k go.
Brown and Thayer said they have everything under control. We are in good hand with Brown & Thayer.
sleep well with Brown and Thayer.

Remember who is really screwing you
BROWN AND THAYER

who is sticking it to us ? Brown and Thayer
and the UNWA international ---
F'EM BOTH
MrSunshine

United States

#33 Mar 8, 2011
Do you people not understand that Remington is all you have in the Mohawk Valley...if it wasn't for Remington you people would still be living in caves.
Observer

Canastota, NY

#34 Mar 8, 2011
insight wrote:
I don't think the person that posted from Kentucky is bashing Ilion or the union here at all. It seems the statement shows the same frustration there as we are having here in ilion.Union or not.They may be better off forming a union but need to take the proper steps in doing so Good luck to those people.
What side of the fence are you on??? You say our frustration is due to our past union administration. Kentucky has no union and has the same frustration.

You need to learn more about the dog that you feed profits to.
disaster

Earlington, KY

#36 Mar 8, 2011
I was not bashing the Illion facility at all!! I was only saying that we are going through the same problems as you guys. We are all in the same boat! The only difference is we are not union. Which i dont know if that's good or bad. The way it stands now, they can do anything they want to us, and they definately do!
Amused

Cabot, AR

#37 Mar 8, 2011
Business101 wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a comma after "No"
Excessive and incorrect usage of "which"
You are one weird person.
time to leave

Vernon, NY

#38 Mar 8, 2011
Time for the Browns to stop wondering what is best for them but what is best for the union. The Browns have to go.

Both of them haven't worked since they took office.
They are all company.

The Mine Workers is a waste of our money.
Unions Suck

Geneva, NY

#39 Mar 8, 2011
time to leave wrote:
Time for the Browns to stop wondering what is best for them but what is best for the union. The Browns have to go.
Both of them haven't worked since they took office.
They are all company.
The Mine Workers is a waste of our money.
Unions are a waste of money.
we are safe with umwa

Vernon, NY

#40 Mar 9, 2011
Brown said he will not let this happen. He is a great union leader. I know because i see him at the coffee machine when i come to work and he says hello all the time. I have good at the plant for 8 months so i know Brown is a fighter. He will not let the company move.

Canastota, NY

#41 Mar 9, 2011
do you have RED hair?
yes this is true

Vernon, NY

#43 Mar 9, 2011
I hear this also. heard it even in the GE plant in schenectady were is work.
insight

Lewiston, ME

#44 Mar 9, 2011
I'm saying the prior administration stole funds,didnt handle greivences properly,and the president did not oversee what his people were doing. It created a big mess for the current board to straighten out. As far as fedding the dog. I'm willing to keep feeding the dog so it gets big and fat.So it shits big piles ,so what. At least we're making enough money to feed ourselves.The bigger the dog grows the bigger we all grow. Quit bitchin.
UMWA 717 Member

Canastota, NY

#46 Mar 10, 2011
insight wrote:
I'm saying the prior administration stole funds,didnt handle greivences properly,and the president did not oversee what his people were doing. It created a big mess for the current board to straighten out. As far as fedding the dog. I'm willing to keep feeding the dog so it gets big and fat.So it shits big piles ,so what. At least we're making enough money to feed ourselves.The bigger the dog grows the bigger we all grow. Quit bitchin.
It has been a year and a half. How long is it gonna take? What have they done?
Call the International and say we need an audit. Done. Money will be paid back and one is in the New York District Court with a local attorney representing UMWA 717. We have a competant Financial Secretary who has the finances in order with a balance on the books. But, no you and the teabaggers want to see the books and keep the ball rolling and take more union resources that are needed elsewhere. Do you think anyone of these people will ever win an election with this on their record? If they have an elected position now, read your Constitution and Bylaws if you think they need to go and have not resigned. Or get over it.

Didn't handle grievances properly. What has your current leader done to assist this committee and help LEAD them to resolution. If it is to late to handle, oh well. They will just get to blame it on someone else.

Oversee the people. They were not his people. Is he currently leading and overseeing his people as a true quality leader should?

Feeding the dog. How much are you willing to give back so he can continue doing his business? These piles contain our safety and quality and employee moral rating. I cannot beleive that you, as an active member in the union think for one minute that this dog is guarding you and your family. You seem to be a big supporter of our current administration, I hope they did not teach you how to care for this dog. Do you read the attached sites? If you don't believe the sites just ask a supervisor if this dog is there best friend.
Who's Bitchin?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drain the Swamp! 2 hr Deplorable Fool 40
Its Jobs Stupid 5 hr 20 Trillion 6
New Political Blood 13 hr Chain Gang in Albany 3
Ways and means committee Herkimer county 14 hr Change is Coming 6
Edward Bedford did a GREAT JOB for Ilion 15 hr Eliphalet Remington 1
Bullying Mon We can do Better 1
Mayor Dave Mayor frauds Toys for Tots Sat Veteran 2

Ilion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance