Remington Arms Relocating

Posted in the Ilion Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Remington Voice

Portland, OR

#1 Feb 18, 2011
Remington Arms Company in Ilion, New York announced today that it was relocating to Texas. The Lonestar State came in as the No. 1 business friendly state.Having the 15th largest economy in the world certainly helps the nation’s second-biggest state keep its rankings high and its residents happy.

It has been noted by Remington officials that employee disatisfaction with thier work environment and union leadership contributed greatly to thier decision. Remington Arms Co is owned by Cerberus Capital Management LP. On Friday a spokesman for Cerberus, said ; "Since Chief Executive Theodore Torbeck had resigned in September 2010 the company has been contemplating the move. Employees at the plant in Ilion are not satified with thier union leaders but have done nothing to make a change in that leadership."

Cerberus will notify the employees at the next union meeting scheduled in March. Until that time Cerbus will be monitoring the TOPIX website to gain valuable insight to enable them to make appropriate position offers to valued employees. So far the only employee offered a position is Jamie Rudwall, a person well liked by all.
ilion guy

New York, NY

#2 Feb 18, 2011
Priceless!
blahblahblah

Clayton, NY

#3 Feb 18, 2011
Sorry, dude... Get the dick out of your mouth. Look around past Jamie Rudwells ass and GET your facts straight before saying something so stupid...WTF!!
Yahoo

Long Eddy, NY

#4 Feb 18, 2011
That would be the best thing that ever happened, just wish it were true. Actually, the best thing would be to get rid of the effin unions...not just Arms, but all unions (teachers, government, workers, etc).
SQDCM

Vernon, NY

#5 Feb 18, 2011
Their not going anywhere until they meet the obligations that they agreed to when they got the taxpayer money in New York and Kentucky. Also they will be dissolving the Union and that will really let them cut the costs of safety for the employees and quality of the product will continue to decrease as returns continue to peak at a point never seen in the history of the Ilion facility. If your gonna be in the market for a big firearms and ammunition company, buyer beware.
Remington Voice

Portland, OR

#6 Feb 20, 2011
SQDCM wrote:
Their not going anywhere until they meet the obligations that they agreed to when they got the taxpayer money in New York and Kentucky. Also they will be dissolving the Union and that will really let them cut the costs of safety for the employees and quality of the product will continue to decrease as returns continue to peak at a point never seen in the history of the Ilion facility. If your gonna be in the market for a big firearms and ammunition company, buyer beware.
You my friend are why they are moving. Too bad you never got past machine setter. When do you retire so real people can work?
only time

New York, NY

#7 Feb 20, 2011
Wait until they see Ilion Mayor John Stephens tax increase. Bye-bye.
valley resident

Canastota, NY

#8 Feb 20, 2011
federal and state governments won't allow it to happen right away and the only place it i would be afraid of it moving is kentucky, they are building a new faucilty for marlin bolt actions and 22's, i believe you are a nay sayer and are blowing smoke up peoples axxes, or maybe you are just a disgruntled union exec.or member who didn't get there way, what ever it is we will wait and see what happens, we need to stick to gether and really try and negociate a good contract that is fair for the ilion employees and remington arm company that we have made the number one plant of chioce.we don't need to be greedy but fair and make sure that quality and reputation stays with the union plant in ilion n.y., as workers union or non union,we need to assure our solves of our future and the future of ilion as the gun manufacturing faucility of choice.
SQDCM

Vernon, NY

#9 Feb 20, 2011
Remington Voice wrote:
<quoted text>
You my friend are why they are moving. Too bad you never got past machine setter. When do you retire so real people can work?
Yes, I know it is my fault. As an operator I am on my job everyday as scheduled and I give them 8 hours of work for 8 hours pay. And regardless of the quality and safety standards that they will accept to GET THEIR NUMBERS, I do not hesitate to make issue with management and engineering when these standards fall below 100%. I look forward to being a machine setter someday and show people the importance of a good days work in a safe, quality oriented environment. I have another 20 years to make people aware of the blood sucking hedge firm companies that do not care about hardworking Americans like you and I, but only care about profits and bonuses for the elite upper management crowd.
union love nest

New York, NY

#10 Feb 21, 2011
rusty brown and his pig girlfriend are going to be the new hr department employees at the new site.
Brown is going to be the new Patrick at the new plant.
Fire All Union Workers

Long Eddy, NY

#11 Feb 21, 2011
only time wrote:
Wait until they see Ilion Mayor John Stephens tax increase. Bye-bye.
Sure wish they would up their taxes, since they barely pay any now. Please, Remington Arms, move to a State where there is a Right-To-Work law in effect. Get the heck away from the union.
Remington Voice

Portland, OR

#12 Feb 24, 2011
SQDCM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know it is my fault. As an operator I am on my job everyday as scheduled and I give them 8 hours of work for 8 hours pay. And regardless of the quality and safety standards that they will accept to GET THEIR NUMBERS, I do not hesitate to make issue with management and engineering when these standards fall below 100%. I look forward to being a machine setter someday and show people the importance of a good days work in a safe, quality oriented environment. I have another 20 years to make people aware of the blood sucking hedge firm companies that do not care about hardworking Americans like you and I, but only care about profits and bonuses for the elite upper management crowd.
Your studied response gives me some hope that possibly there are quality workers at the plant. I would be happy to sit down and share a dinner with you. You remind me of the Arms workers that I shared the line with back in 1967. I hope you make it with the company. It is quite unusual in this era to think of being with one employer for 20 plus years. Good luck!
lol lol

Oriskany Falls, NY

#13 Feb 24, 2011
Yahoo wrote:
That would be the best thing that ever happened, just wish it were true. Actually, the best thing would be to get rid of the effin unions...not just Arms, but all unions (teachers, government, workers, etc).
that would be dumb you would be working for nothing and treated like crap if your union president and stewards did their jobs the proper way you would actually want to belong to the union...no brown nosing or favorites when you belong to a proper union.
experienced

Syracuse, NY

#14 Feb 25, 2011
SQDCM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely done! Yay!!! A ray of hope...
SQDCM

Harrisville, NY

#15 Feb 25, 2011
Remington Voice wrote:
<quoted text>
Your studied response gives me some hope that possibly there are quality workers at the plant. I would be happy to sit down and share a dinner with you. You remind me of the Arms workers that I shared the line with back in 1967. I hope you make it with the company. It is quite unusual in this era to think of being with one employer for 20 plus years. Good luck!
Oh yes, those were the days. Everyone drove to work in a car made by the big 3, happily put in a good days work and were rewarded for their efforts by a company that respected and knew the value of trained dedicated employees. The Union Leadership was all on the same page to protect workers rights and saw to it that the people worked for the company and those who didn't were dealt with accordingly. People knew the value of a Union and participated to help the community and their brothers and sisters. Management and engineering, welcomed and applied input, from the employees to improve quality and efficiency and the first question was not always "Do we have the resources". Mom was home doing her job while Dad was doing his. Those were the days when people were
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN" and saw to it that their dreams came true.

I don't really remember much from that period in America, as I was learning to walk, which even as a child took some hard work and dedication. Now the hard work and dedication is just on an adult scale. Even though times have changed, we must believe, the team of our brothers and sisters of UMWA Local 717 can be successful, happy and proud Americans at Remington Arms Ilion, New York.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#16 Mar 4, 2011
SQDCM - You are a a True American Patriot and I salute you!!
maddhatter

Middleville, NY

#17 Mar 4, 2011
sqdcm I grew up inna small town next to an iron oar mine. If You showed up for work inna foreign car, at the end of the day when you went out to get in your car you would find it upside down at the bottom of the hill........
2 birds 1 stone

Boonville, NY

#18 Mar 5, 2011
maddhatter wrote:
sqdcm I grew up inna small town next to an iron oar mine. If You showed up for work inna foreign car, at the end of the day when you went out to get in your car you would find it upside down at the bottom of the hill........
Is it safe to guess that the Local President didn't own a JAP BIKE and none of the Stewards parked in the handicapped lot just because a spot was open.
Valley Gurl

Geneva, NY

#19 Mar 7, 2011
Remington Arms is NOT moving to Texas. I don't know where you got your information from, but it is not correct.
Remington Voice

Portland, OR

#20 Mar 7, 2011
Valley Gurl wrote:
Remington Arms is NOT moving to Texas. I don't know where you got your information from, but it is not correct.
Now even the "gurls" think they know the score. Wake up Ilion and smell the coffee, it's being brewed in Austin and you're on your way out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ten Things United Mine Workers Local 717 will t... (Oct '13) 17 hr Alabama Turd 5
Ilion H2O 18 hr Yuk 3
Mountain lions 22 hr woodsman 5
Remington Arms Union Treated as Circus Freaks B... (Dec '10) Fri Alabama Gov Rober... 18
Gorgeous Thu Dropdeadgorgeous 3
Ilion Codes Wed Nipples the cat 8
Ilion Republicans Aug 23 Lies Lies and mor... 65

Ilion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ilion Mortgages