ilion village board
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
headed north

Malone, NY

#1 Feb 28, 2014
What is up with Ilion can we be heading in any more of a down hill direction. We all thought having Stephens was bad. Can not put the for sale sign up fast enough.
Saddened

Malone, NY

#2 Mar 1, 2014
There's an election coming up in June. If you don't like the current crop -they are all up (except Moore). Hopefully there will be some better candidates (almost anyone will be better than Neale) running for Mayor and the 3 trustee seats. Neale is running totally out of control and has to go. Get out and vote. Too much apathy in this village.
Listen-up

Utica, NY

#3 Mar 1, 2014
headed north wrote:
What is up with Ilion can we be heading in any more of a down hill direction. We all thought having Stephens was bad. Can not put the for sale sign up fast enough.
Ilion went downhill years ago. And think about it...its not going to get any better. For sale sign??? Believe me no-one would buy into this sh*thole. Good luck...we ALL are going to need it!!!
who is to blame

Malone, NY

#5 Mar 1, 2014
The voters wanted Stephens and Neale so who is to blame ?
IL Town

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Mar 6, 2014
Maybe if we get a water superintendent, a light superintendent, a DWP superintendent, a police chief, a treasurer and a clerk that actually live in the village maybe someone would actually care about the place.
the highest paid people don't even live here what do they care?
Good Times

Syracuse, NY

#7 Mar 7, 2014
IL Town wrote:
Maybe if we get a water superintendent, a light superintendent, a DWP superintendent, a police chief, a treasurer and a clerk that actually live in the village maybe someone would actually care about the place.
this is a great and relevant point. it 's just a job to them that provides a civil servant retirement. there is no personal connection or commitment to Ilion. If the requirement was that the people in those positions had to live in the village, you would see changes because they would have to put up with the bad decisions that are made.
wow

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Mar 7, 2014
IL Town wrote:
BINGO!
realize

Malone, NY

#9 Mar 7, 2014
I understand that everyone is free to express their opinion, but before doing so, maybe you should have your facts straight. If you knew anything about your village you would know that some of the people you mentioned actually own a couple of properties in the Village of Ilion. They are also paid tax payers because of owning property. Not only as property owners, tax payers, but as Village employees they passionately care for the Village. The workers that you mentioned have to also deal with the bad decisions that are made by the Village Board. So if you don't like what is being done with the Village of Ilion, I suggest that you contact your Mayor and attend the Board meetings instead of hiding behind a computer and talking on topix.
what

Malone, NY

#10 Mar 8, 2014
Have you been to a board meeting. Better than anything on TV. They should sell popcorn. "R" rated language, the fighting, the back stabbing, and the costumes (designer pajamas from Wal-Mart). Someone from the E network should be called. We could pull the village out of debit. Think of all the new fire trucks and police cars and dpw trucks we could have in the village. Lets hope some one steps up and we get rid of everyone.
wake up

Malone, NY

#11 Mar 8, 2014
Realize

You sound like you hold, One of the positions that IL TOWN, mentioned. It's not the same as living here. We see all the roads in disrepair. Look at Barringer Road, and Main street as well as several other streets. Thy just redone 4th street off of Otsego street last year and now it's pot holes again. Was'nt Barringer road done just a few year ago. If we don't elect, some one how cares you will see more house's for sale.
mother nature

Malone, NY

#12 Mar 9, 2014
Mother nature has everything to do with pot holes. Maybe you should call mother nature and tell her to lighten up on the snow and the ice and you won't see as many pot holes.
IL TOWN

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Mar 10, 2014
realize wrote:
I understand that everyone is free to express their opinion, but before doing so, maybe you should have your facts straight. If you knew anything about your village you would know that some of the people you mentioned actually own a couple of properties in the Village of Ilion. They are also paid tax payers because of owning property. Not only as property owners, tax payers, but as Village employees they passionately care for the Village. The workers that you mentioned have to also deal with the bad decisions that are made by the Village Board. So if you don't like what is being done with the Village of Ilion, I suggest that you contact your Mayor and attend the Board meetings instead of hiding behind a computer and talking on topix.
Owning property here isn't the same as living here-sorry to confuse you. We have many slumlords.
The only thing our Department heads seem to be interested in is the paycheck. Don't kid yourself.
village taxpayer

Harpursville, NY

#14 Mar 11, 2014
All of the present board members r a lot better than the convicted felon on S. 4th av. The one that forged the ex-mayor's name. Then was gutless enough to almost let his wife take the fall for it. Talk about spinless. I heard he cowers behind this website
Wont be long

Albany, NY

#15 Mar 11, 2014
Village boards will be a thing of the past. Herkimer is in the same boot, a ton of petty bs and ignorance. That goes for the residents and board members.
chuck

Frankfort, NY

#16 Mar 12, 2014
Your dam lucky to have me. I am an accomplished businessman and my Tea party training will save the village.
poke

United States

#17 Mar 12, 2014
The repugs on the board spend more than obama
Pig Poker

Utica, NY

#18 Mar 12, 2014
What happened to Henry St? We are losing Ilion one street at a time.
Happy

Malone, NY

#19 Mar 13, 2014
We have a hummer to drive in the Do do parade. All because of the board. We have the highest paid Fire Dept. and Police Dept. They are always driving the newest autos. Maybe one of the board members can get them a deal. We are living the life here in Ilion.
Who IS

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Mar 25, 2014
Running for Mayor and the vacant seats that we had to tolerate appointments for anyone know?
village taxpayer

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Mar 25, 2014
I hear one the son is running against the father for trustee. That should be fun for everyone except the taxpayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ilion Citizens Code Committee 1 hr Chuck 110
Ilion's Future 6 hr StopDrinkingTheWater 35
News Little Falls Woman Has 'Escape' Added to Her Li... 7 hr Abuse 23
Are Village of Ilion Taxpayers Getting Their Mo... 11 hr Giving back 54
Ilion Water. WTF 11 hr Seeing is believing 15
i work in assembly at the arms Fri william 1
Bye Bye Remington Fri StopDrinkingTheWater 46

Ilion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance