anon

Little Falls, NY

#1 Jun 30, 2013
love seeing the local scum even more in the valley...
Valley Hoe

New York, NY

#2 Jul 1, 2013
When the water rises in the sewers it drives them up.
Curfew

Holyoke, MA

#3 Jul 1, 2013
It would be wise to have a curfew for the entire county. I can only imagine the amount of punks out lurking for their next score. People have already lost so much it would be despicable for scum to kick people already down. But we all know the trash of the valley have no compassion for anyone! I've been watching kids play on destroyed bridges and blocked off roads like everything is a joke! God forbid these kids have morals and get out and help!!!
The overt one

Carthage, NY

#4 Jul 2, 2013
This is karma for making gay marriage legal.Hitler was a great man.
Jeff Bridges

Carthage, NY

#5 Jul 2, 2013
Here comes some more rain.Karma is real.Die die wash away valley scum.Kurt strikes again from the afterlife.
Billbob Thorton

New York, NY

#6 Jul 3, 2013
Not to mention the scum bags stealing peoples stuff as scrap. Cops don't even seem to give a shit.
Whhhattt

Conklin, NY

#8 Jul 5, 2013
Well first of if its out on the curb it public property and fair game. And some ppl may be smart enough to realize that all the metal your throwing away is worth something. And something is better than nothing. Ever hear one mans trash in anothers treasure. Food for thought. it doesnt matter if there has been a flood they are out their scrapping regardless of any little disaster.
Muffin Top

New York, NY

#9 Jul 7, 2013
moaaaaaaaaaaar rain
Flood Troll

New York, NY

#10 Jul 7, 2013
*peeks its head up from the swampy smelly basment*

Is that the redcross food delivery service I hear?

I'll take 5! I got 5 kids and 5 motheres to feed ya know!

another mans trash is one mans treasure, nothing wrong with garbadge shopping

*crawls back down into the basement to make more babays!*
Actually

New York, NY

#11 Jul 7, 2013
Garbage picking is against the law. Check the Herkimer PD's Facebook page. They have some good posts about it. They are even stopping people who are doing it.
Whhhattt

United States

#12 Jul 8, 2013
Thats because herkimer thinks their king shit. If someone was to get arrested for it and fight against it. They would win federal and state laws trump village laws. federal and state laws state that when something is put to the.curb it becomes PUBLIC property. just an fyi for you all knowing.
Whhhattt

United States

#13 Jul 8, 2013
Trash becomes public property when the person places the trash on the curb, removing it from their custody and placing it in the public domain: 

"Since respondents voluntarily left their trash for collection in an area particularly suited for public inspection, their claimed expectation of privacy in the inculpatory items they discarded was not objectively reasonable. It is common knowledge that plastic garbage bags left along a public street are readily accessible to animals, children, scavengers, snoops, and other members of the public. Moreover, respondents placed their refuse at the curb for the express purpose of conveying it to a third party, the trash collector, who might himself have sorted through it or permitted others, such as the police, to do so. The police cannot reasonably be expected to avert their eyes from evidence of criminal activity that could have been observed by any member of the public."

The U. S. Supreme Court ruled on this question in CALIFORNIA v. GREENWOOD, 486 U.S. 35 (1988). 

This question has been asked again and again in State courts since 1988, and I'm not aware of (and can't find) any rulings that do not follow the common-sense rule that once trash is placed in the public domain there is no expectation of privacy. 
Whhhattt

United States

#14 Jul 8, 2013
That is just 1 example must I go on. So I really hope herkimer knows that they can risk being in violation of a federal law. And in turn will have to pay a fine and compensation for wrongfully arrested. So for those of you who have been arrested lawyer up
Yup

Great Barrington, MA

#15 Jul 12, 2013
The overt one wrote:
This is karma for making gay marriage legal.Hitler was a great man.
. Why don't you grow up? Let people live their life's the way they want and stop being a Debbie downer and let it be
tebow

Herkimer, NY

#16 Jul 18, 2013
Whhhattt wrote:
Trash becomes public property when the person places the trash on the curb, removing it from their custody and placing it in the public domain: 
"Since respondents voluntarily left their trash for collection in an area particularly suited for public inspection, their claimed expectation of privacy in the inculpatory items they discarded was not objectively reasonable. It is common knowledge that plastic garbage bags left along a public street are readily accessible to animals, children, scavengers, snoops, and other members of the public. Moreover, respondents placed their refuse at the curb for the express purpose of conveying it to a third party, the trash collector, who might himself have sorted through it or permitted others, such as the police, to do so. The police cannot reasonably be expected to avert their eyes from evidence of criminal activity that could have been observed by any member of the public."
The U. S. Supreme Court ruled on this question in CALIFORNIA v. GREENWOOD, 486 U.S. 35 (1988). 
This question has been asked again and again in State courts since 1988, and I'm not aware of (and can't find) any rulings that do not follow the common-sense rule that once trash is placed in the public domain there is no expectation of privacy. 
Great info! I heard about that ruling awhile back. Hey who cares if scrappers pick up broken washing machines etc. If they are stupid enough to make a mess while doing it, then the police can step in. People are getting more hyped up about theses scrappers then the multiple pedophiles that are roaming the streets! So tired of this petty BULLSHIT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ilion Codes 10 hr Nipples the cat 8
Ilion H2O 21 hr positive 4 CHANGE 2
Ilion Republicans Tue Lies Lies and mor... 65
Umwa 717 Tue 717umwa 31
Herkimer County Welfare Tue heartbroken 2
School starting times Mon immature 16
Root Cause of the Decline in the Village? Aug 22 putdownthegolfclub 3

Ilion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance