First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anthonie Bourdain

New York, NY

#1 Sep 6, 2009
One of the best restaurants in the Valley. The chef is very telented, the menu is extensive and impressive, the food is superb, and the service is excellent!
I have never had a bad meal there, in fact I've never even had an average meal there, its always superb!
King St. Herkimer

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#2 Sep 7, 2009
The one and only time we ate there I had made a reservation for a party of 2. We were placed just in front of the back door. It was very drafty with people entering and exciting that door - no more than a foot from my dining partner.

We both ordered steak and greens. Her steak was absolutely cold on the inside - not what one would expect with a medium rare order. We asked the server to have it cooked a bit more to medium rare and NOT use the microwave oven to accomplish this task. After waiting another 10 minutes, the meal was finally sent out.

Not impressed. If you aren't a regular, you get ignored. I can spend my money elsewhere.
surprised

Morrisville, NY

#3 Sep 8, 2009
huh in LF wrote:
The one and only time we ate there I had made a reservation for a party of 2. We were placed just in front of the back door. It was very drafty with people entering and exciting that door - no more than a foot from my dining partner.
We both ordered steak and greens. Her steak was absolutely cold on the inside - not what one would expect with a medium rare order. We asked the server to have it cooked a bit more to medium rare and NOT use the microwave oven to accomplish this task. After waiting another 10 minutes, the meal was finally sent out.
Not impressed. If you aren't a regular, you get ignored. I can spend my money elsewhere.
I am really surprised at that, must have been a really bad night. We have never had bad service or a bad meal there. One of our favorite places to go.
mommato2girls

Constableville, NY

#4 Sep 8, 2009
I have had always had great food there!No complaints!great service!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#5 Sep 12, 2009
Yap. PK's has always been 100% for me too.

At their 5yr party the spread was wild. Clams were served raw steamed and baked. Sushi, done fresh as you ordered. Pasta station..all done to order. Also open bar for 4hrs....all for $35 unreal.

Since: May 09

Stony Brook, NY

#6 Sep 14, 2009
Went to PK's for the first time about a month ago and was impressed with both the service and the food. We'll be back!
WET WILLY

Geneva, NY

#7 Sep 18, 2009
I ordered the Chicken Francise, I was expecting a breaded chicken BREAST like the description in the menu stated..

NOPE..... I got 3 CHICKEN TENDERS......
The pasta side dish was like mush and the salad was brown and witled.

Mmmmm... Yummy...

The food was 100 times better when Dom Stalteri ran the place !!!!!!!
Anthonie Bourdain

New York, NY

#10 Sep 19, 2009
what is it with LF ppl?!

Location hidden

#11 Sep 19, 2009
Anthonie Bourdain wrote:
what is it with LF ppl?!
Better culture, better taste, better everything. PK's is still mediocre food based on my dining experiences there. Remember your taste is all in your mouth.
Jack

Syracuse, NY

#12 Sep 19, 2009
huh in LF wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad your taste in wine isn't better.
yeah ok... don't even try, dink. do you prefer Cabs, Sauternes or port wines and what years. Or maybe you can tell me what wine bottled in the 90s mondavis doesn't offer at their winery (try that one). Stop the bull...
Jack

Syracuse, NY

#13 Sep 19, 2009
huh in LF wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad your taste in wine isn't better.
forgot.....pretty bad when you have to look up what a sauterne is, woodchuck. smile..... Château d'Yquem
jmn

Syracuse, NY

#14 Sep 19, 2009
huh in LF wrote:
<quoted text>
Better culture, better taste, better everything. PK's is still mediocre food based on my dining experiences there. Remember your taste is all in your mouth.
this is so dumb. name the better places to eat. i can't wait to hear this one.

Location hidden

#15 Sep 20, 2009
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah ok... don't even try, dink. do you prefer Cabs, Sauternes or port wines and what years. Or maybe you can tell me what wine bottled in the 90s mondavis doesn't offer at their winery (try that one). Stop the bull...
LOL... I have wine cellar to rival restaurant in Herkimer or Oneida counties. Actually my favorites are Ridge Winery, Navarro, Iron Horse, Rafanelli, Screaming Eagle, Shafer...get the picture - California wine rule. NY wines are barely adequate.

Location hidden

#16 Sep 20, 2009
jmn wrote:
<quoted text>
this is so dumb. name the better places to eat. i can't wait to hear this one.
After three inedible meals and lousy service at PK's in the past 6 months, I choose to dine elsewhere.
steakman

Constableville, NY

#17 Sep 20, 2009
huh in LF wrote:
<quoted text>
After three inedible meals and lousy service at PK's in the past 6 months, I choose to dine elsewhere.
since you cant tell any better places, we will assume you like to dine at ponderosa
Just Saying

Syracuse, NY

#20 Sep 20, 2009
By the way, I'm not a fan of PK's either.

Location hidden

#21 Sep 20, 2009
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing but a small town snob. Who gives a flying f__k about your "wine cellar"?? Go get a little cheese (preferably Gruyere) and whine to yourself you impudent small hicktown snob.
oh Just, no need to be jealous. I lived in SF and LA, CA for many many years and developed a wine palate that doesn't include NY state wines. Not a snob, just know what I like and what I don't like. It's simple enough if you know what you are talking about. Here, let me get you a box wine sample. LOL
Anthonie Bourdain

New York, NY

#22 Sep 20, 2009
ya know what huh in LF... you ARE a snob. You have been rude and arrogant and for the life of me I dont get why. No one put you down, but you did it to others. You DO know what tha means in your worldly world...... small man syndrome, insecurity whatever... we dont care about your travels, we think NYS wines are good enough to drink while out at PK's Pub, we will continue to dine there. Sorry we ruffled your feathers, keeep an eye on that.
Just Saying

Syracuse, NY

#25 Sep 20, 2009
huh in LF wrote:
<quoted text>
oh Just, no need to be jealous. I lived in SF and LA, CA for many many years and developed a wine palate that doesn't include NY state wines. Not a snob, just know what I like and what I don't like. It's simple enough if you know what you are talking about. Here, let me get you a box wine sample. LOL
Hey twerp, three degrees from major universities, lived in more than 20 states plus Asia and Europe. HQ'd out of SF for 10 years. BFD. I know what I like, too, but what I don't like is a condescending attitude from axxholes like you.
wow

Oneida, NY

#26 Sep 20, 2009
WET WILLY wrote:
I ordered the Chicken Francise, I was expecting a breaded chicken BREAST like the description in the menu stated..
NOPE..... I got 3 CHICKEN TENDERS......
The pasta side dish was like mush and the salad was brown and witled.
Mmmmm... Yummy...
The food was 100 times better when Dom Stalteri ran the place !!!!!!!

thats very interesting because i had their chicken francaise and it was the best ive ever had. and it wasnt with chicken tenders-lol. thats crazy. i work in an italian restaurant and dine out often enough to compare it to others and it was so good that i brought the 2nd piece home and ate it shortly after. the reason i say this is because i always i usually never eat my leftovers eventhough i bring them home but that was toooooo good to throw away!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ilion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brown for Legislator? 14 hr Taxpayer 8
Ilion dpw 22 hr Fed UP 65
annalea Sun pathetic 5
dr dans needs to go Sun Informed 13
Bullies At Ilion School Sat a Dbag 7
Herkimer County Jail May 30 Livid taxpayer 1
where is Laykan Mead May 30 BreakinTheHeadboard 10
More from around the web

Ilion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE